KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Heavy Rain

Heavy Rain
Started by: Nemesis X

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
NemeBro

"After making her way to the bathroom, you then see her looking at herself in the mirror and contextual action icons appear near her hair, shirt, skirt and face. Using all of these will have her put on makeup, fuss up her hair a little bit, undo a couple buttons on her shirt and rip the lower half off of her skirt."

"Madison is then forced to strip down to her bra and panties while trying to figure out the best thing to do."

no expression

Hawt

Old Post Jun 4th, 2009 06:53 AM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Morridini
Morridini

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Morridini
Gameplay demo part I: http://www.gametrailers.com/video/e...eavy-rain/49553
Gameplay demo part II: http://www.gametrailers.com/video/e...eavy-rain/49554

The same level has been shown again, but with some mopre details as to how the controllers etc work.

Part I: http://www.gametrailers.com/video/e...eavy-rain/50416
Part II: http://www.gametrailers.com/video/e...eavy-rain/50414
Parti III: http://www.gametrailers.com/video/e...eavy-rain/50412
Part IV: http://www.gametrailers.com/video/e...eavy-rain/50410
Part V: http://www.gametrailers.com/video/e...eavy-rain/50408

If you saw the ones I quoted, then you don'tr have to see Part I and II, however part III and IV make a lot of different choices and a lot of things changes, Part V continues after the quoted demo ended.

Thanks to Raoul for the sig!

Old Post Jun 4th, 2009 07:23 AM
Morridini is currently offline Click here to Send Morridini a Private Message Find more posts by Morridini Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SaTsuJiN
Wielder of Thunder Seal

isnt this game more or less a gigantic quick-time event?

I did enjoy the drama sequence that they played to demo the graphics a while back

My MySpace SaTsu's Sketchbook My Deviant Art

Old Post Jun 4th, 2009 07:35 AM
SaTsuJiN is currently offline Click here to Send SaTsuJiN a Private Message Find more posts by SaTsuJiN Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

The first game was a game of Simon Sez mixed in with some adventure elements.

The story was good though so it was pretty cool.

Old Post Jun 4th, 2009 03:17 PM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lek Kuen
Ti Lun

Originally posted by SaTsuJiN

I did enjoy the drama sequence that they played to demo the graphics a while back

yea like a huge interactive movie, and you're able to do more then one action on the events, and still move around for yourself and do the puzzles

i'll play anything with a good story though

Props to Scythe for the sig

Old Post Jun 4th, 2009 04:03 PM
Lek Kuen is currently offline Click here to Send Lek Kuen a Private Message Find more posts by Lek Kuen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Morridini
Morridini

Originally posted by SaTsuJiN

Basicaly yes, but it's a much more adaptive QTE gamer then any other QTE game out there. As you clearly see on all the videoes out, they miss a lot of actions and the game still flows on smoothly.

But Fahrenheit/Heavy Rain is all about putting you inside a movie with a great story, having the characters react to even the slightest touch of the controllers is one detail I really like (like when the Agent moves his arm to open the door of the car in Part I of the last set of links).

Old Post Jun 4th, 2009 04:32 PM
Morridini is currently offline Click here to Send Morridini a Private Message Find more posts by Morridini Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
S_D_J
Bane

if this was ported over to Wii:

....I wonder what the "Squeeze Balls" motion will be...

"When Gotham is ashes, you have my permission to die." -BANE

Old Post Jun 4th, 2009 05:56 PM
S_D_J is currently offline Click here to Send S_D_J a Private Message Find more posts by S_D_J Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

laughing out loud

Old Post Jun 4th, 2009 08:17 PM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AsbestosFlaygon
The Original One

Gonna buy this game before it is released.

"Farewell, Damos... Ash, Pikachu... And you. All of my beloved." -- Arceus

Old Post Dec 30th, 2009 01:18 PM
AsbestosFlaygon is currently offline Click here to Send AsbestosFlaygon a Private Message Find more posts by AsbestosFlaygon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AthenasTrgrFngr
Don't wanna die...

would you like a cookie. no expression

Old Post Dec 30th, 2009 08:42 PM
AthenasTrgrFngr is currently offline Click here to Send AthenasTrgrFngr a Private Message Find more posts by AthenasTrgrFngr Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AsbestosFlaygon
The Original One

Originally posted by Ms.Marvel
would you like a cookie. no expression

"Farewell, Damos... Ash, Pikachu... And you. All of my beloved." -- Arceus

Old Post Dec 31st, 2009 04:19 AM
AsbestosFlaygon is currently offline Click here to Send AsbestosFlaygon a Private Message Find more posts by AsbestosFlaygon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Morridini
Morridini

Just played the Heavy Rain demo yesterday, game looks really good, just too bad it'll probably get great reviews but not too much sales because it's such a hard game to promote. Everyone should try the demo at least.

Follow the info on this link if you want the demo now; http://kotaku.com/5464839/want-the-...t-now-heres-how
It will give you a code to redeem in the PSN Store allowing you to download the demo now, instead of having to wait for February 11th.

Old Post Feb 8th, 2010 09:10 AM
Allankles
Kwisatz Haderach

I might try to get Heavy Rain. One of the better PS3 exclusives for sure.

Iboga chose not to fight, to allow himself to evolve. He had the wisdom to abandon the actions of war when he knew they would no longer serve him.

Old Post Feb 8th, 2010 10:52 PM
Allankles is currently offline Click here to Send Allankles a Private Message Find more posts by Allankles Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

I'm definitely going to try this game out.

Old Post Feb 8th, 2010 10:56 PM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

Just tried the demo, really impressive. Has a really dark and foreboding tone which I loved, kinda reminded me of the movie Se7en.

I'm definitely going to be getting this one, looks to be one of the more unique games to come out in recent years.

Old Post Feb 12th, 2010 01:24 AM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BoratBorat
Restricted

Account Restricted

This game made me wish i had a ps3.

Old Post Feb 12th, 2010 01:44 AM
BoratBorat is currently offline Click here to Send BoratBorat a Private Message Find more posts by BoratBorat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zack Fair
Fanboy

I might buy another PS3 for this game but meh...Still disappointed the old one crapped out on me

Many thanks to Rao Kal-EL Da Man

Old Post Feb 12th, 2010 01:54 AM
Zack Fair is currently offline Click here to Send Zack Fair a Private Message Find more posts by Zack Fair Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
S_D_J
Bane

I really wish I had some spare money to get this, but with everything else I have to buy... and FF next month, I'd be lucky to get this by May sad

Originally posted by Zack Fair
I might buy another PS3 for this game but meh...Still disappointed the old one crapped out on me

Your PS3 bit the dust? no expression

"When Gotham is ashes, you have my permission to die." -BANE

Old Post Feb 12th, 2010 03:05 AM
S_D_J is currently offline Click here to Send S_D_J a Private Message Find more posts by S_D_J Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zack Fair
Fanboy

Yeah

Many thanks to Rao Kal-EL Da Man

Old Post Feb 12th, 2010 04:57 AM
Zack Fair is currently offline Click here to Send Zack Fair a Private Message Find more posts by Zack Fair Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

The demo was awesome. This game looks like a definite buy.

“Dreams shape the world."

Old Post Feb 14th, 2010 04:12 PM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote