KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Balder vs. Wolverine

Balder vs. Wolverine
Started by: JakeTheBank

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (13): « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
psycho gundam
The Nightmare of Solomon

i seriously don't see how balder wins this. *shrugs*

Old Post May 23rd, 2010 04:41 AM
psycho gundam is currently offline Click here to Send psycho gundam a Private Message Find more posts by psycho gundam Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Black bolt z
Mindsets Master

Balder for a slight slight majority
quote: (post)
Originally posted by psycho gundam
DA GODLYNEZZ!

Old Post May 23rd, 2010 04:49 AM
Black bolt z is currently offline Click here to Send Black bolt z a Private Message Find more posts by Black bolt z Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
srankmissingnin
VP of Comic Knowledge

Originally posted by OneDumbG0
Nothing Thor did had any effect on Wolverine? Other than the Mjolnir swing which pounded him down so hard Wolverine wasn't even able to recover quickly enough to dodge a follow up shot? Also, how do you not vomit in your own mouth when you suggest that it'd take all day for Thor to ko Wolverine? W.T.F.

And it still means Wolverine's slower and Balder is faster. Deflection.

As though every time Wolverine eats a blow, he was "unable to dodge it." That's a stretch. Wolverine was sitting on the ground thinking "WTF, Sabretooth is calling down a lightening storm?" He wasn't hurt in the slightest. If he wanted to he probably could have dodged it, but then again whats the point? It had about as much effect on him as mosquito bite when all was said and done.

Play League of Legends for free and reference me - GentlemanZombie - when you join

Old Post May 23rd, 2010 04:51 AM
srankmissingnin is currently offline Click here to Send srankmissingnin a Private Message Find more posts by srankmissingnin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by celeyhyga17
erm... this not even a contest
Balder recently displayed his long unused "light" based powers. if it's still the same, it will melt wolvies flesh off his bones. plus can wolvie redirect a bullet back at it's shooter with his claws?

Balder
9/10

Light based powers? Like Lightray?

He can shoot out beams with the power of suns and stuff? Move light speed, give or take?

Old Post May 23rd, 2010 04:55 AM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ODG

Originally posted by srankmissingnin
As though every time Wolverine eats a blow, he was "unable to dodge it." That's a stretch. Wolverine was sitting on the ground thinking "WTF, Sabretooth is calling down a lightening storm?" He wasn't hurt in the slightest. If he wanted to he probably could have dodged it, but then again whats the point? It had about as much effect on him as mosquito bite when all was said and done.
Yeah. I'm sure Wolverine had Thor right where he wanted him and decided to completely hold off all his fighting instincts to ponder the storm-brewing. Yeah... that's what happened... sure, srankmissingnin, sure.

http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/...Wolverine03.jpg

Wolverine going, "Uhhh..." and recovering painfully is Wolverine getting hurt. He was lucky Thor wasn't trying to seriously hurt him, didn't follow up, and permitted him to recover. Acting like Thor's lightning strikes would hurt as much as mosquito bites is you taking a dive off the deep end. Someone call a lifeguard.

Revamped Thor Respect Thread Revamped Loki Respect Thread
Revamped Hulk Respect Thread Revamped Iron Man Respect Thread

Last edited by ODG on May 23rd, 2010 at 04:59 AM

Old Post May 23rd, 2010 04:56 AM
ODG is currently offline Click here to Send ODG a Private Message Find more posts by ODG Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Black bolt z
Mindsets Master

srank...do you only post in threads involving wolverine?Those are the only places I see you.

Old Post May 23rd, 2010 04:57 AM
Black bolt z is currently offline Click here to Send Black bolt z a Private Message Find more posts by Black bolt z Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Deadline

It might be got any concrete proof? That doesn't even actually mean they had superior martial arts, it just means they crafted better weapons.

A hobbyist blacksmith I know would be having a fit at his statement on Japanese swords...

Japanese swords like The Katana were finely crafted weapons given the poor materials Japan had to work with (Their iron quality wasn't the best, for one..), but there's lots of examples of comparable or greater weapons..

Last edited by cdtm on May 23rd, 2010 at 05:02 AM

Old Post May 23rd, 2010 04:58 AM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
srankmissingnin
VP of Comic Knowledge

Originally posted by Black bolt z
srank...do you only post in threads involving wolverine?Those are the only places I see you.

Mostly just street level and MA threads. I don't really have a lot of time to monitor a bunch of threads anymore, so I usually post if I think there is a general lack of knowledge about one character that needs to be addressed, which means most of the time seems to be relegated to informing ODM about Wolverine.

Play League of Legends for free and reference me - GentlemanZombie - when you join

Old Post May 23rd, 2010 05:05 AM
srankmissingnin is currently offline Click here to Send srankmissingnin a Private Message Find more posts by srankmissingnin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Black bolt z
Mindsets Master

Mostly just street level and MA threads. I don't really have a lot of time to monitor a bunch of threads anymore, so I usually post if I think there is a general lack of knowledge about one character that needs to be addressed, which means most of the time seems to be relegated to informing ODM about Wolverine.
Meaning you just like to debate about wolverine with ODG which is most cases he trumps you?

Old Post May 23rd, 2010 05:06 AM
srankmissingnin
VP of Comic Knowledge

Yeah. I'm sure Wolverine had Thor right where he wanted him and decided to completely hold off all his fighting instincts to ponder the storm-brewing. Yeah... that's what happened... sure, srankmissingnin, sure.

http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/...Wolverine03.jpg

Wolverine going, "Uhhh..." and recovering painfully is Wolverine getting hurt. He was lucky Thor wasn't trying to seriously hurt him, didn't follow up, and permitted him to recover. Acting like Thor's lightning strikes would hurt as much as mosquito bites is you taking a dive off the deep end. Someone call a lifeguard.

laughing

What was he going to do? Fly at him? He thought he was fighting Sabretooth, who then started flying and called down a thunderstorm on his head. Not much he can do other than sit their and wait for the situation to resolve itself.

Show the next page why don't ya? You know, the one where he completely fine and has a smirk on his face.

Wolverine was completely fine. Nothing Thor did phased him. I know you don't like it and makes you all teary eyed with rage, but thats just how it a happened.

Old Post May 23rd, 2010 05:10 AM
srankmissingnin
VP of Comic Knowledge

Originally posted by Black bolt z
Meaning you just like to debate about wolverine with ODG which is most cases he trumps you?

What are the make believe cases in which he trumps me? confused

Old Post May 23rd, 2010 05:12 AM
ODG

What was he going to do? Fly at him? He thought he was fighting Sabretooth, who then started flying and called down a thunderstorm on his head. Not much he can do other than sit their and wait for the situation to resolve itself.

Show the next page why don't ya? You know, the one where he completely fine and has a smirk on his face.

Wolverine was completely fine. Nothing Thor did phased him. I know you don't like it and makes you all teary eyed with rage, but thats just how it a happened.
Yes. Wolverine decided to sit his a$$ down and patiently wait, instead of getting slammed down on his a$$.

You mean the page where Thor doesn't continue beating on him because he never wanted to hurt him? I'm just double-checking here.

Sorry. Wolverine getting two-shotted by Thor does not annoy me in the slightest. And you insisting that it would take a whole day for Thor to ko Wolverine has replaced any possible annoyance with sheer mirth. Comedy gold, right here.

Old Post May 23rd, 2010 05:16 AM
ODG is currently offline Click here to Send ODG a Private Message Find more posts by ODG Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JakeTheBank
Return of the King

Didn't Thor one shot Daken and reduce him to a blistering mass of boils and burns? A Thor less than 100% no less.

Old Post May 23rd, 2010 05:20 AM
JakeTheBank is currently offline Click here to Send JakeTheBank a Private Message Find more posts by JakeTheBank Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
srankmissingnin
VP of Comic Knowledge

Yes. Wolverine decided to sit his a$$ down and patiently wait, instead of getting slammed down on his a$$.

You mean the page where Thor doesn't continue beating on him because he never wanted to hurt him? I'm just double-checking here.

Sorry. Wolverine getting two-shotted by Thor does not annoy me in the slightest. And you insisting that it would take a whole day for Thor to ko Wolverine has replaced any possible annoyance with sheer mirth. Comedy gold, right here.

Because freeing Wolverine of his mind control is two shotting him? Yeah... um, I don't think so. Wolverine was easy dodging Thor's "fiercest" blows, and the Odin son had retreat to the sky because he couldn't match Wolverine in melee combat. The fight ended because Wolverine wasn't mind controlled anymore, and it ended with Wolverine in good spirits at 100% and Thor injured.

You know, the next page. The page where Wolverine is completely fine, and Thor is complaining about how he was the only one hurt? That page. cool

Old Post May 23rd, 2010 05:23 AM
ODG

^ Yes. Because if Thor wanted to hurt him, he would have with a stronger lightning strike (like wthe mild one with Daken) or a Mjolnir toss off his dome. Christ... how you act like Wolverine won that fight is beyond me.

Acting like Wolverine had Thor right where he wanted him is idiocy. Plain idiocy. Acting as if the fight were somehow extended by plot circumstance that Wolverine eventually would have won is idiocy. Plain idiocy.

Old Post May 23rd, 2010 05:27 AM
srankmissingnin
VP of Comic Knowledge

Originally posted by JakeTheBank
Didn't Thor one shot Daken and reduce him to a blistering mass of boils and burns? A Thor less than 100% no less.

It was a plot device for Daken to talk to the Norns, who wanted him to /thought he would bring about Ragnarök. When he was done talking with them he woke up.

Old Post May 23rd, 2010 05:30 AM
jinzin

^ Wolverine isn't rage-stomping Balder. lulz

On everything else: thumb up Actually, you're desperately wishing his only advantage was that he was only class 50. He's not only many times stronger, he's faster, he's got more stamina, his swordsmanship has overcome perfect swordsmanship enchantments, and he has sun powers which can incinerate Wolverine.

He doesn't stomp Wolverine in two hits like Thor did, but he does beat him. And straw-manning us and trying to campaign that he's nothing but a mindless class 50 viking isn't helping your case. It just reveals one of two things: (i) how uninformed you are, or (ii) how desperate you are to color an uninformed person's opinion.
Thor managed to break Wolverine out of mind control. He didn't "stomp" him... in fact he barely even phased him. Wolverine was completely fine, Thor wasn't.

Blader isn't faster than Wolverine. Don't kid yourself.

Stamina really isn't an issue when Logan can heal mortal wounds on the battlefield while the same types of injuries will put Balder down.

As for light projection/manipulation/etc... like I said, about as many wins as Namor is going to get electrofrying people on the forums, or as many as Wolverine will get dissapearing in broad daylight on open ground, or walking out of molten metal vats...

Please... Wolverine's disarmed some of the best swordsmen in Marvel Balder's enchantments notwithstanding he's not something that's ZOMG Wolverine can't handle.. no expression

But eh, you like to use arrogance and bravado to insist otherwise, go ahead.. Like I said it's Gamora all over again. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Old Post May 23rd, 2010 05:35 AM
jinzin is currently offline Click here to Send jinzin a Private Message Find more posts by jinzin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
srankmissingnin
VP of Comic Knowledge

^ Yes. Because if Thor wanted to hurt him, he would have with a stronger lightning strike (like wthe mild one with Daken) or a Mjolnir toss off his dome. Christ... how you act like Wolverine won that fight is beyond me.

Acting like Wolverine had Thor right where he wanted him is idiocy. Plain idiocy. Acting as if the fight were somehow extended by plot circumstance that Wolverine eventually would have won is idiocy. Plain idiocy.

Whether or not Wolverine had Thor where he wanted (he didn't) or if he would have won the fight if it continued (he wouldn't) is completely inconsequential to the discussion at hand. You stated that Thor stomped Wolverine in two hits. He didn't. Trying to skew the outcome of the fight to fit your parameters doesn't change what happened. Nothing Thor did had any effect on Wolverine whatsoever. Plain as day, that is just a fact. Obviously if it continued the fight would have began to take a toll on Wolverine, but with in the confines of what happened on panel he was completely fine at the end and Thor was not. There aren't two different opinions on that... that is just what happened. confused

Old Post May 23rd, 2010 05:35 AM
jinzin

Originally posted by JakeTheBank
I could be wrong, but I think most here are giving Logan his due even if they still think Balder wins. On the other hand, some seem to be lowballing/downplaying Balder as some crude "viking barbarian" when it's painfully obvious Balder is the best warrior of Asgard barring Thor. And iirc, Balder has used his superior agility/speed to get around Thor, whose own speed at least matches Logan's.

Yeah, well my first reply was more of a mocking joke than anything. Balders obviously skilled but people are acting like he's the second coming in fighting ability here as if his abilities are outside the scope of Wolverine's which is without a doubt laughable.

And uh.... confused..... Wolverine basically did the same thing to Thor so I'm not really sure how that's a plus in Balders court and not Logans...

Old Post May 23rd, 2010 05:37 AM
jinzin is currently offline Click here to Send jinzin a Private Message Find more posts by jinzin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinzin

Originally posted by psycho gundam

C'mon man! He's got class 50 strengf he'll plunge dat sword through Wolverine's EYES!

Old Post May 23rd, 2010 05:41 AM