KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Balder vs. Wolverine

Balder vs. Wolverine
Started by: JakeTheBank

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (13): « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 9 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by jinzin
Yeah, well my first reply was more of a mocking joke than anything. Balders obviously skilled but people are acting like he's the second coming in fighting ability here as if his abilities are outside the scope of Wolverine's which is without a doubt laughable.

And uh.... confused..... Wolverine basically did the same thing to Thor so I'm not really sure how that's a plus in Balders court and not Logans...

The bullet deflecting thing alone is outside Logan's ability...

Didn't know Balder was a bullet timer, much less had energy powers, but you learn something new.....

Old Post May 23rd, 2010 05:43 AM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JakeTheBank
Return of the King

Yeah, well my first reply was more of a mocking joke than anything. Balders obviously skilled but people are acting like he's the second coming in fighting ability here as if his abilities are outside the scope of Wolverine's which is without a doubt laughable.

And uh.... confused..... Wolverine basically did the same thing to Thor so I'm not really sure how that's a plus in Balders court and not Logans...

Fair enough. I just find more lowballing of Balder in this thread and things more along the lines "Nuh uh!" than I do see lowballing for Wolverine.

It shows that Balder is at the very least on Logan's level in terms of speed and agility. And Thor's speed feats trump Logan's, imo.

Old Post May 23rd, 2010 05:44 AM
JakeTheBank is currently offline Click here to Send JakeTheBank a Private Message Find more posts by JakeTheBank Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
srankmissingnin
VP of Comic Knowledge

Originally posted by JakeTheBank
Fair enough. I just find more lowballing of Balder in this thread and things more along the lines "Nuh uh!" than I do see lowballing for Wolverine.

It shows that Balder is at the very least on Logan's level in terms of speed and agility. And Thor's speed feats trump Logan's, imo.

Not taking a single bullet time feat that as been matched but someone Wolverine has rage stomped as an indication Blader is a match for Wolverine isn't exactly low balling IMO.

Outside of flight speed and hammer twirling Thor's speed feats and Wolverine's are largely comparable, but Wolverine has the edge.

Play League of Legends for free and reference me - GentlemanZombie - when you join

Old Post May 23rd, 2010 05:46 AM
srankmissingnin is currently offline Click here to Send srankmissingnin a Private Message Find more posts by srankmissingnin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JakeTheBank
Return of the King

Originally posted by srankmissingnin
Outside of flight speed and hammer twirling Thor's speed feats and Wolverine's are largely comparable, but Wolverine has the edge.

I'm not taking in his flight speed or hammer based feats.

Old Post May 23rd, 2010 05:47 AM
JakeTheBank is currently offline Click here to Send JakeTheBank a Private Message Find more posts by JakeTheBank Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinzin

Originally posted by cdtm
The bullet deflecting thing alone is outside Logan's ability...

Didn't know Balder was a bullet timer, much less had energy powers, but you learn something new.....

What the f**k?

Wolverine deflected multiple lazers at the same time...

Again did that same type of feat put Typhoid Mary outside of Wolverine's ability cause her getting EASILY put into a no-win sitch against a blind, burning, throat-cut Wolverine within several panels would beckon me to think otherwise... no expression

Old Post May 23rd, 2010 05:48 AM
jinzin is currently offline Click here to Send jinzin a Private Message Find more posts by jinzin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
srankmissingnin
VP of Comic Knowledge

I'm not taking in his flight speed or hammer based feats.

Then Wolverine is faster. cool

Play League of Legends for free and reference me - GentlemanZombie - when you join

Old Post May 23rd, 2010 05:48 AM
srankmissingnin is currently offline Click here to Send srankmissingnin a Private Message Find more posts by srankmissingnin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JakeTheBank
Return of the King

Then Wolverine is faster. cool

He's not, though.

Old Post May 23rd, 2010 05:49 AM
jinzin

Thor has circumstantial speed feats against people with actual speed. Nothing he's done is outside most top tier street levels.

But at the end of the day we've already seen Thor and Wolverine stack up against one another and Wolverine was > Thor in the melee speed department.

On another note, why again is it only Wolverine who is judged OUTSIDE the perameters of what he's done and who he's done it with inplace of what he should be doing? Does no one else see the chronic double standard there?

Old Post May 23rd, 2010 05:51 AM
jinzin is currently offline Click here to Send jinzin a Private Message Find more posts by jinzin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
srankmissingnin
VP of Comic Knowledge

He's not, though.

His feats say so.

I'll recap the argument the last time this came up and actually came to a scan war.

Me: Thor is flying in that scan...

ODG: Those scans of Wolverine are ambiguous!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old Post May 23rd, 2010 05:51 AM
ODG

^ Godo job taking away a consistent straw-man made with respect to Thor's speed feats immediately.

Whether or not Wolverine had Thor where he wanted (he didn't) or if he would have won the fight if it continued (he wouldn't) is completely inconsequential to the discussion at hand. You stated that Thor stomped Wolverine in two hits. He didn't. Trying to skew the outcome of the fight to fit your parameters doesn't change what happened. Nothing Thor did had any effect on Wolverine whatsoever. Plain as day, that is just a fact. Obviously if it continued the fight would have began to take a toll on Wolverine, but with in the confines of what happened on panel he was completely fine at the end and Thor was not. There aren't two different opinions on that... that is just what happened.
Thor two-shotted Wolverine. It's right there in the comic. And you stating it would Thor all day to ko Wolverine is absolutely of consequence to this topic. Of course an opponent who could resist being beaten by Thor for an entire day would beat Balder. That description does not fit Wolverine though. You're deluded. Had Thor wanted to utterly destroy Wolverine, he would have. Wolverine's lucky that Thor counted him as an ally, unlike Daken or any other foe that Thor has brought his true wrath down upon.

Revamped Thor Respect Thread Revamped Loki Respect Thread
Revamped Hulk Respect Thread Revamped Iron Man Respect Thread

Old Post May 23rd, 2010 05:52 AM
ODG is currently offline Click here to Send ODG a Private Message Find more posts by ODG Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
srankmissingnin
VP of Comic Knowledge

On another note, why again is it only Wolverine who is judged OUTSIDE the perameters of what he's done and who he's done it with inplace of what he should be doing? Does no one else see the chronic double standard there?

Because then he'd win and some posters would get but hurt? No no no, it's much safer for the delicate self esteem of everyone on this board if the only Wolverine feats that count are Spider-man slapping him during Secret War, the moose kicking him and Punisher shooting him the balls with a shotgun. Thats whats best.

Old Post May 23rd, 2010 05:54 AM
ODG

Stamina really isn't an issue when Logan can heal mortal wounds on the battlefield while the same types of injuries will put Balder down.

As for light projection/manipulation/etc... like I said, about as many wins as Namor is going to get electrofrying people on the forums, or as many as Wolverine will get dissapearing in broad daylight on open ground, or walking out of molten metal vats...

Please... Wolverine's disarmed some of the best swordsmen in Marvel Balder's enchantments notwithstanding he's not something that's ZOMG Wolverine can't handle...

But eh, you like to use arrogance and bravado to insist otherwise, go ahead.. Like I said it's Gamora all over again.
Namor hasn't used his electricity powers in years. Balder just used them in the last issue. Wolverine walking out of a molten steel vat is PIS. Balder using his light powers as the Norse God of Light is not PIS. Slight difference there.

Wolverine's also been stalemated and utterly tooled by some of the best swordsmen in Marvel.

I suppose I should switch my tactics to straw-manning aka "Stupid, Drax doesn't win just because he live in space!!!11" That's not exactly my style, but maybe it might strike a chord here with ya'll? Is that what you're hinting at?

Old Post May 23rd, 2010 05:56 AM
ODG is currently offline Click here to Send ODG a Private Message Find more posts by ODG Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rage.Of.Olympus

I agree that Wolverine walking out of a vault of molten steel is P.I.S. I almost never use that term but I have to file it under that category.

How would he even animate himself if all of his flesh was incinerated? Unless he got out before all of his flesh was incinerated, you might as well claim Logan can swim out of the Sun.

Old Post May 23rd, 2010 06:03 AM
Rage.Of.Olympus is currently offline Click here to Send Rage.Of.Olympus a Private Message Find more posts by Rage.Of.Olympus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
srankmissingnin
VP of Comic Knowledge

Originally posted by OneDumbG0
^ Godo job taking away a consistent straw-man made with respect to Thor's speed feats immediately.

Thor two-shotted Wolverine. It's right there in the comic. And you stating it would Thor all day to ko Wolverine is absolutely of consequence to this topic. Of course an opponent who could resist being beaten by Thor for an entire day would beat Balder. That description does not fit Wolverine though. You're deluded. Had Thor wanted to utterly destroy Wolverine, he would have. Wolverine's lucky that Thor counted him as an ally, unlike Daken or any other foe that Thor has brought his true wrath down upon.

How did he two shot Wolverine, if Wolverine was completely fine? blink

Thor would have to work if he want to put Wolverine down. Not even WWH managed to get a definitive KO on him. Putting Wolverine down is a feat to accomplish, which is clear as day in his fight with Thor. Nothing Thor did had any affect on Wolverine other than breaking his mind control. That's just a fact. He didn't two-shot Wolverine, all he did was remove the reason for the fight from the equation. If the blasted hadn't jogged Wolverine mind free, the fight would have continued. How can you possibly consider that a two-shot?

Daken was only down for a short period while the Norns tried to convince him to do their bidding. It was a plot device, he was fine when he got up a few minutes later and so far all indications suggest he doesn't heal as fast as Wolverine.

Old Post May 23rd, 2010 06:04 AM
jinzin

TBF I'm not talking about what should be deemed PIS or not just likelyhoods... Cause Balder did it in the most recent issue somehow makes it his go-to tactic now?
Again... Wolverine dissapears in broad daylight in an open field, without a trace.

As for OGD of course we'll only use Wolverine's low end feats looks like Srank is right eek!

Old Post May 23rd, 2010 06:07 AM
srankmissingnin
VP of Comic Knowledge

Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
I agree that Wolverine walking out of a vault of molten steel is P.I.S. I almost never use that term but I have to file it under that category.

How would he even animate himself if all of his flesh was incinerated? Unless he got out before all of his flesh was incinerated, you might as well claim Logan can swim out of the Sun.

Don't ask questions. Hulk swam through lava to get to the core of Skaar. Which assuming Skaar is similar to the Earth, we are talking about heat it excess to that of the Sun... not to mention the pressure. Healing = godly.

/shrug

evil face

Old Post May 23rd, 2010 06:08 AM
jinzin

Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus

I know right? It's about as believable as Balder using lightbased incineration as his go-to tactic.

Old Post May 23rd, 2010 06:08 AM
jinzin

Daken was only down for a short period while the Norns tried to convince him to do their bidding. It was a plot device, he was fine when he got up a few minutes later and so far all indications suggest he doesn't heal as fast as Wolverine.

Or tank damage anywhere NEAR as well.. much less the fact that his skeleton/body(?) doesn't seem to be as durable either.

Old Post May 23rd, 2010 06:09 AM
ODG

Are you guys being serious? Balder using his light powers is as realistic as Wolverine climbing out of a vat of molten steel?

W.T.F.

Seriously, how are we even supposed to have a conversation when one of you declares it would take Thor all day to ko Wolverine and the other declares that Balder using his light powers is as unrealistic as Wolverine climbing out of a molten steel vat? Jebus, this thread took a sharp turn down retard lane.

Last edited by ODG on May 23rd, 2010 at 06:14 AM

Old Post May 23rd, 2010 06:11 AM
srankmissingnin
VP of Comic Knowledge

Who are these swordsmen that have tooled Wolverine? The last time Wolverine fought Shingen he beat him soundly and was only hit once. This shows not only Wolverine beating someone who is arguably the greatest living swords master on Marvel earth, but also a considerable increase in Wolverine's own skill from the first time he fought Shingen in his original miniseries.

A few weeks of training his rusty swords skills, was enough to soundly bump him above Silver Samurai (arguably the greatest living sword master before Shingen was resurrected) in swordsman ship, and Logan is much better with his claws than a sword.

Old Post May 23rd, 2010 06:13 AM