KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Current Gen Console Discussions (PS5, Xbox Series X, Switch (Pro?) OFFICIAL THREAD

Current Gen Console Discussions (PS5, Xbox Series X, Switch (Pro?) OFFICIAL THREAD
Started by: Barker

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (134): « First ... « 130 131 [132] 133 134 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

I have played more games than I have ever played in the last 5 years than I ever did 15-20 years ago.

Nostalgia is a powerful thing....and yes, there is some bad practices compared to 20 years ago....but people dreamed of having this type of landscape.

Pre-COVID, every week seemed to have a major AAA release. This upcoming year seems to be the case as well.

And lets not forget indies. 20 years ago, indie games didn't exist. Now with the digital landscape, you can play 1000s of titles, some very unique, some not..

Also, game prices were still high back then. I remember paying about 60$ dollars for Orcina of Time. Now, just wait for a the 3000 sales from multiple digital fronts....Steam, Xbox have large sales right now....and its much easier now to find it then it was.

As for hardware, yeah, its more expensive in the 3-4 years...but 15 years ago, PC graphics were advancing a such a fast rate...that hardware couldn't keep up. A 3 year old graphics card was past its prime...now, that doesn't occur. I still use my 10 year PC with a 7 year old graphics card and its only been a few games released the past year that chug.

And yes, Game Pass is a sub....but pay about 200 bucks per year for it..yet play about 20 games to completion (or more)...and play at least 10-15 that I didn't because I didn't like them....yet before the sub, I would be out that money.

Last edited by Smasandian on Dec 23rd, 2022 at 05:12 AM

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2022 05:08 AM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

Hrm, the games I'm most interested in are probably on Sony's.

That price though. 650 dollars on average. The digital only version is cheaper but who wants to not buy physical media?

I'd buy a disc based PS5 for... 400 maybe. Still pricier than I prefer, but I know the 250 I paid for my PS2 isn't happening (Almost had a panic attack shelling out even that much back in the day, 300 ****ing dollars for a piece of junk made on child slave labor)

The Switch, all I really like on it is Breath of the Wild, but don't like how stripped down many of the games are.

And Xbox... I dunno, why? I'm not an fps guy, give me Persona over Halo. The only real strength is it's cheaper compared to Sony's, but that's about it.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Dec 25th, 2022 11:45 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Persona games are on Xbox...and coming to Game Pass this Jan
I disagree about the only strength is being cheap. The Series X is a fantastic console...quiet, powerful, ton of games, great features and Game Pass is a plus.
Also enjoy how every controller released since Xbox One works perfectly with the system.

Old Post Dec 26th, 2022 02:17 AM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

As someone who owns both.

I think there is no question that the Series X is the better console from a hardware perspective. It's far quieter than the PS5. The PS5 has an issue where it is ridiculously loud when first reading a disc; thankfully it only last like a dozen seconds but it's still very annoying. However even in normal operation it's still a bit louder then the SeX. Quick resume is also very nice if you enjoy hopping between games. And finally, unlike the PS5, it doesn't look like a complete eyesore.

Unfortunately, its exclusives are nowhere near as good. As such, at least for now, I think the PS5 is the better console.

Old Post Dec 26th, 2022 03:56 AM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by ares834

I think there is no question that the Series X is the better console from a hardware perspective. It's far quieter than the PS5. The PS5 has an issue where it is ridiculously loud when first reading a disc; thankfully it only last like a dozen seconds but it's still very annoying. However even in normal operation it's still a bit louder then the SeX. Quick resume is also very nice if you enjoy hopping between games. And finally, unlike the PS5, it doesn't look like a complete eyesore.

Unfortunately, its exclusives are nowhere near as good. As such, at least for now, I think the PS5 is the better console.

Originally posted by ares834

Yeah, for me even previous gen remasters like TLOU is a consideration.

I guess the Uncharteds, Final Fantasies, and Personas are all on Xbox now though. Plus Elden Ring.

Is Nier Automata there through? Kind of another one I wanted to get, that my near potato laptop would struggle with.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Dec 26th, 2022 05:30 AM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

Old Post Dec 26th, 2022 03:41 PM
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Uncharted is not on Series X.
Nier Automata is. It was on Game pass as well.

Old Post Dec 26th, 2022 09:25 PM
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

I figured if it's on Steam it will be on Xbox, since Xbox is just a PC console.

Old Post Dec 26th, 2022 10:04 PM
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

It's a Sony exclusive franchise.

Old Post Dec 26th, 2022 11:27 PM
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

Looks like only Legacy of Thieves is on PC, not the Nathan Drake Collection.

They said it won't be ported to PC because they aren't visually impressive anymore. They look good to me.

Old Post Dec 26th, 2022 11:32 PM
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

Finally after all these years we finally get Goldeneye back and owning Rare Replay digitally will let you get Goldeneye free outside of Game Pass where the 007 game is exclusive otherwise. Cool and all and genuinely happy for digital owners but uh for some reason they decided to screw the physical owners of Rare Replay out from having it. Thanks Xbox.

Thanks Scythe for the sig.

Old Post Jan 28th, 2023 02:59 AM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

That reminds me, I should play Perfect Dark. Been sitting on my 360, keep forgetting about it.

Old Post Jan 28th, 2023 03:06 AM
Dante158
The Soul Stealer

Looking forward to buy PS5 to play current gen games. My PS5 games that i actually had a target are:
- Dead Space Remake
- CoD Modern Warfare 2 (2022)
- Forspoken
- Wild Hearts
- Dead Island 2
- Resident Evil 4 Remake

Any other suggested PS5 games through? I might missed some so.

Old Post Jan 30th, 2023 03:52 AM
Dante158 is currently offline Click here to Send Dante158 a Private Message Find more posts by Dante158 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

UK giving MS options now on what to do if they want the merger approved by them. One of the options is selling off the Call of Duty IP.

https://www.videogameschronicle.com...rd-acquisition/

Figured buying bits and pieces of Actiblizz at a time was always an option anyway, like Disney did to Fox. At the end of the day it’s more or less the same as buying the whole company, except MS won’t have CoD in this case which was the main concern and a reasonable compromise.

Last edited by Nemesis X on Feb 8th, 2023 at 04:54 PM

Old Post Feb 8th, 2023 04:49 PM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

I assume the price goes down then...why would MS pay 50+ billions without the biggest IP.

Old Post Feb 8th, 2023 04:55 PM
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

Originally posted by Smasandian
I assume the price goes down then...why would MS pay 50+ billions without the biggest IP.

'Cause MS won't be allowed to get the company and its plethora of other useful IPs otherwise? Long as Sony is not allowed to buy CoD themselves lest we risk a console maker harming competition gaining influence over gamers by owning such a large franchise as argued, this is fair.

Last edited by Nemesis X on Feb 8th, 2023 at 05:21 PM

Old Post Feb 8th, 2023 05:08 PM
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

I am not sure if MS can get or not..no idea but I would doubt they would pay the same price without COD in there...its not worth that much money without COD. Not even close.

And if they sell the IP...then who would buy it? Somebody would have too...but the COD experts would not be doing it anymore...so it would be a different DEV group? Starting from scratch, using a different engine? Who would pay the billions of dollars to get that IP without the people behind it.

Old Post Feb 8th, 2023 08:14 PM
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

Originally posted by Smasandian
if they sell the IP...then who would buy it? Somebody would have too...but the COD experts would not be doing it anymore...so it would be a different DEV group? Starting from scratch, using a different engine? Who would pay the billions of dollars to get that IP without the people behind it.

Take-Two, Amazon, EA, maybe 2K.

Old Post Feb 9th, 2023 01:43 AM
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Maybe....It will be interesting to see.
I wonder how much money COD IP will cost and I wonder if the select few that could probably afford would be willing to take it.

I guess I was reading that companies working on COD will go with it? Seems it would be very expensive.

Old Post Feb 9th, 2023 01:39 PM
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

MS before did express interest in tapping into the mobile market and what better game to have in that department than Candy Crush. That by itself you can argue makes way more than CoD yearly anyway so getting rid of the military shooter may not be as insane to consider as you'd think especially with owning Diablo Immoral and its whales (ick) to boot. Not to mention they already have Halo & Gears and hopefully soon-to-be Starcraft so I'd rather they focus more on those military style games anyway.

And who knows. Once they own those, Phil Spencer will hold off pestering console players with the microtransactions for a bit? That'd be real frikkin nice.

Old Post Feb 11th, 2023 07:19 AM