KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Current Gen Console Discussions (PS5, Xbox Series X, Switch (Pro?) OFFICIAL THREAD

Current Gen Console Discussions (PS5, Xbox Series X, Switch (Pro?) OFFICIAL THREAD
Started by: Barker

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (134): « First ... « 131 132 [133] 134 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Who knows. It will be interesting for sure.
I think the benefit for some of these IP is that we will see them again!
I assume MS will not let Starcraft, Warcraft and other titles go to waste.....considering they have pushed for Game Pass for 2+ years on PC, a new Starcraft game could be very beneficial.

Especially if the MP is extremely solid....

Old Post Feb 11th, 2023 05:27 PM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

Isn't the original Starcraft with Brood War free on the app?

So would this mean no more free version?

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Feb 11th, 2023 05:30 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

No idea...but I assume the original version of those games would be free.
The remastered would not be...but assuming MS will put on Game Pass...

Old Post Feb 11th, 2023 05:31 PM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Smasandian
Who knows. It will be interesting for sure.
I think the benefit for some of these IP is that we will see them again!
I assume MS will not let Starcraft, Warcraft and other titles go to waste.....considering they have pushed for Game Pass for 2+ years on PC, a new Starcraft game could be very beneficial.

Especially if the MP is extremely solid....

And not only Blizzard's neglected IPs returning but Activision's also. We need a Prototype 3 to happen.

Thanks Scythe for the sig.

Old Post Feb 12th, 2023 02:08 PM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaden_3.0

So I got an email today saying I could trade in any PlayStation dualsense controller and get a Dualsense Edge controller for £189. Then I saw the full price controller without the trade in is £210.

£210 for a fŭcking controller???

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2023 10:40 PM
Jaden_3.0 is currently offline Click here to Send Jaden_3.0 a Private Message Find more posts by Jaden_3.0 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

Enter the biggest flop of all time.

(please log in to view the image)

Not only did the studio get closed down, but the CEO of the entire company was fired as well.

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2023 06:18 PM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

Things appear to be going in Xbox's favor. The EU reportedly considering approval of the acquisition now after the recent hearings and the FTC is ordering Sony to make documents on how much they've paid for "timed" third party exclusivities since 2019 public that the company really doesn't want to do. Soon we'll know what it takes to keep FFVII Remake, Silent Hill 2 (inevitably) and others hostage.

Old Post Mar 5th, 2023 10:41 PM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

It's worst. It's how much Sony paid publishers/developers to stop them from adding their games to Game Pass down the road/at launch.

Old Post Mar 6th, 2023 02:30 PM
Jaden_3.0

quote: (post)
Originally posted by ares834
Enter the biggest flop of all time.

Not only did the studio get closed down, but the CEO of the entire company was fired as well.

Not surprised. The game is ass gunge. Which is a shame because it and the Callisto protocol were the 2 games I was looking forward to for about 6 months and they were both shìt. Now I'm only looking forward to the new Dead Island.

Old Post Mar 6th, 2023 07:49 PM
Jaden_3.0 is currently offline Click here to Send Jaden_3.0 a Private Message Find more posts by Jaden_3.0 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

The last Dead Island was ass though, how could this be anything else?

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Mar 6th, 2023 08:40 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaden_3.0

Old Post Mar 6th, 2023 10:32 PM
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

And yet I stated an objective fact. You could not care that I think the sky is blue, it is regardless.

Dead Island sucked. And I'm not the only one who says so,.this is common knowledge.

Old Post Mar 6th, 2023 10:50 PM
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

And now I feel like an ass.

Thanks Jadan, you know how I get when I'm off my booze.

Why is being sober treated like a moral good anyways, like staying miserable is good for society?

Old Post Mar 7th, 2023 01:07 AM
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

Forspoken flopped so hard, Gamestop is throwing copies (including the steelbooks) in the garbage.

https://gamerant.com/forspoken-steelbooks-found-trash/

Old Post Mar 10th, 2023 09:52 AM
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

What's a fair offer for a used, barely played PS4 Pro a friend has? He's letting me pick my price.

I can buy them refurbished at Gamestop now for 299, so I'm thinking..... 180? 150?

Old Post Mar 11th, 2023 12:56 PM
VG_Addict

I've heard people make the argument that "Nintendo shouldn't make a powerful console to directly compete with Sony and Microsoft, since the N64 and GameCube, both powerful consoles, failed!"

Here's the thing: The N64 and GameCube didn't fail because they were trying to compete against Sony and Microsoft, they failed because Nintendo made stupid decisions with those consoles, like sticking with cartridges and using mini-DVDs. A Nintendo console on par with the PS5 and Xbox Series X would most likely do very well. Imagine a Nintendo console with amazing first party AND third party games, and having Mario and Zelda in 4k and 60 FPS. It's actually really simple to make a console that sells well.

If I can figure this out, why can't a multi-billion dollar company like Nintendo?

Old Post Mar 18th, 2023 08:06 PM
VG_Addict is currently offline Click here to Send VG_Addict a Private Message Find more posts by VG_Addict Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

I'm guessing the proprietary crap was an effort to stop piracy.

Didn't remotely work, but probably at least slowed the process up.

Old Post Mar 18th, 2023 11:15 PM
Jaden_3.0

Sega Dreamcast has entered the chat.

Old Post Mar 19th, 2023 04:14 AM
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

I hate adjusting the TV for gaming. Movie Mode is supposed to be the gold standard, but makes colors "pop" less and blacks look grey to me. Yet it is clear in some cases detail will be lost, like this fog effect that drowns out some scenery around the edges in anything but movie mode.

And then there's "game mode".

Old Post Mar 27th, 2023 04:04 PM
StyleTime

This is late but --

I think, from Nintendo's perspective, there's just not much incentive to stray from their standard game plan.

The Switch is the 3rd best selling console of all time, so switching up their strategy might feel like an unnecessary risk.

A more powerful console would also be more expensive, for example. With part of Nintendo's appeal being their low cost, they may actually lose more sales than they gain. I don't know if simply being more powerful would translate to more profit. People don't really buy Nintendo for the specs.

Last edited by StyleTime on Mar 28th, 2023 at 01:01 AM

Old Post Mar 28th, 2023 12:58 AM
StyleTime is currently offline Click here to Send StyleTime a Private Message Find more posts by StyleTime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote