KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » Comic Books » Top 100 Comic Book Villains of All-Time

Top 100 Comic Book Villains of All-Time
Started by: nimbus006

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
nimbus006
Accuser

Top 100 Comic Book Villains of All-Time

I just finished going over IGN's top 100 Villains of all time.

http://comics.ign.com/top-100-villains/index.html

Although the list is pretty good, there are some seriously atrocious errors such as the following:

1. Thanos at # 47- Really? This guy should absolutely be top 20, if not, arguably top 10, no questions asked.

2. Carnage at # 90- WTF? There are villains such as Mirror Master, Kraven, Shade, even Harley Quinn ranked ahead of him. I think he should be much higher.

3. Magneto at # 1- Listen, I love Mags, and I think he should definitely be top 5, but # 1 might be wishful thinking.

4. Dark Phoenix at # 9- How can Red Skull be ranked behind her. Her storyline was great, but 9 is too high.

Feel free to post any other rankings you have issues with.

By: Juk

Old Post Jul 1st, 2011 03:19 PM
nimbus006 is currently offline Click here to Send nimbus006 a Private Message Find more posts by nimbus006 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Q99

Before I even look through it- Snowflame is top 3, right?

Old Post Jul 1st, 2011 05:02 PM
Q99 is currently offline Click here to Send Q99 a Private Message Find more posts by Q99 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
nimbus006
Accuser

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Q99
Before I even look through it- Snowflame is top 3, right?

laughing out loud Not quite

By: Juk

Old Post Jul 1st, 2011 05:16 PM
nimbus006 is currently offline Click here to Send nimbus006 a Private Message Find more posts by nimbus006 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Gecko4lif

Lucifer morningstar 68

Old Post Jul 1st, 2011 05:17 PM
Gecko4lif is currently offline Click here to Send Gecko4lif a Private Message Find more posts by Gecko4lif Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Konton
Homo Magi

Um, this list kind of sucks.

Shade being THAT low?
Circe not even making the cut?

Old Post Jul 1st, 2011 07:18 PM
Konton is currently offline Click here to Send Konton a Private Message Find more posts by Konton Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
steverules_2

Joker and Luthor top 2, even before I look at it...just know it is, hard to choose which one is no.1 though...

EDIT: OK so Mags is no.1....*sigh*

I'm Bada's pimp

I created Raptor Bada, Donald, and Sparkles

Last edited by steverules_2 on Jul 1st, 2011 at 10:37 PM

Old Post Jul 1st, 2011 10:30 PM
steverules_2 is currently offline Click here to Send steverules_2 a Private Message Find more posts by steverules_2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Damborgson
King of the Damboys

how the hell is kingpin ahead of the red skull? lol. and Joker> Mags. Mags is awesome but Joker is better.

-Abhi Killer- X2

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f105/t655309.html

Old Post Jul 1st, 2011 11:55 PM
Damborgson is currently offline Click here to Send Damborgson a Private Message Find more posts by Damborgson Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
steverules_2

IGN fails at these lists

I'm Bada's pimp

I created Raptor Bada, Donald, and Sparkles

Old Post Jul 1st, 2011 11:58 PM
steverules_2 is currently offline Click here to Send steverules_2 a Private Message Find more posts by steverules_2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bentley
Seitei

Ra's at the top ten? I thought you needed good stories to be considered a good villain

My respect threads:Kang the Conqueror, Ultron, Devil Dinosaur, Michael Korvac
Captain America for High Street

Old Post Jul 2nd, 2011 12:53 AM
Bentley is currently offline Click here to Send Bentley a Private Message Find more posts by Bentley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
psycho gundam
The Nightmare of Solomon

why is kang there then? evil face

anyway, that list has a lot of fat that could easily be trimmed: cheetah, metallo, electro, the lizard, harley quinn, the shade, etc..... really?

Last edited by psycho gundam on Jul 2nd, 2011 at 02:34 AM

Old Post Jul 2nd, 2011 02:29 AM
psycho gundam is currently offline Click here to Send psycho gundam a Private Message Find more posts by psycho gundam Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JakeTheBank
Return of the King

Dr. Doom should be #1.

Old Post Jul 2nd, 2011 02:40 AM
JakeTheBank is currently offline Click here to Send JakeTheBank a Private Message Find more posts by JakeTheBank Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

I think the point is to encourage discussion, not even be remotely right. Just "right enough" that it's not a total farce. Lists like these come out every year, this is like the 4th top 100 I've seen. Would the same damn list every time encourage hits?

They're probably told by their marketing people to mix up the lists purposefully. That's what I would do. Because any intern with a crayon and a list of villains can cobble together a list that seem ok-ish. I doubt much thought is put into it though.

Old Post Jul 2nd, 2011 05:53 AM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Q99

Originally posted by psycho gundam
why is kang there then? evil face

anyway, that list has a lot of fat that could easily be trimmed: cheetah, metallo, electro, the lizard, harley quinn, the shade, etc..... really?

Cheetah's pretty good when done well. She's one of the best part of the Perez WW relaunch.

Shade's interest, but not when he's being a villain.

Old Post Jul 2nd, 2011 08:44 AM
Q99 is currently offline Click here to Send Q99 a Private Message Find more posts by Q99 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bentley
Seitei

Kang rocks.

I'd rather having them make lists about the top comic villains of the last five years instead of these parade of academism.

My respect threads:Kang the Conqueror, Ultron, Devil Dinosaur, Michael Korvac
Captain America for High Street

Old Post Jul 2nd, 2011 01:23 PM
Bentley is currently offline Click here to Send Bentley a Private Message Find more posts by Bentley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BlackZero30x
Jack

Magneto #1 WHAT?!

hes great and all but NOT #1

these people are probably among those comic book impaired types that think he's the most powerful being on the planet......

BlackZero30X:The Signatures XBL Gamertag

Old Post Jul 2nd, 2011 02:26 PM
BlackZero30x is currently offline Click here to Send BlackZero30x a Private Message Find more posts by BlackZero30x Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr. Rhythmic

Bad list. I never take IGN seriously.

Old Post Jul 2nd, 2011 03:01 PM
Mr. Rhythmic is currently offline Click here to Send Mr. Rhythmic a Private Message Find more posts by Mr. Rhythmic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tsilamini

Osborn isn't in the top ten?

/facepalm

Old Post Jul 2nd, 2011 03:13 PM
tsilamini is currently offline Click here to Send tsilamini a Private Message Find more posts by tsilamini Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BlackZero30x
Jack

Originally posted by Mr. Rhythmic
Bad list. I never take IGN seriously.

i just looked through the whole list and The Penguin is #51........that means according to the list The Penguin is a better villain then everyone #52-100.......

the only thing i think i could live with is Dooms placement on the list....I don't understand why mags is #1 but doom being #3 is fine with me.

BlackZero30X:The Signatures XBL Gamertag

Old Post Jul 2nd, 2011 03:15 PM
BlackZero30x is currently offline Click here to Send BlackZero30x a Private Message Find more posts by BlackZero30x Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
psycho gundam
The Nightmare of Solomon

Originally posted by BlackZero30x
Magneto #1 WHAT?!

hes great and all but NOT #1

these people are probably among those comic book impaired types that think he's the most powerful being on the planet......
people love magneto cause he's not "evil" but rather an extremist with a past that could easily make someone like him the way he is, then add the power of a god. he's seen too many genocides to be a total pacifist.

humanity in the x-universe are 90% arseholes anyway, anti-mutant kkk types are a dime a dozen

Last edited by psycho gundam on Jul 2nd, 2011 at 09:04 PM

Old Post Jul 2nd, 2011 09:02 PM
psycho gundam is currently offline Click here to Send psycho gundam a Private Message Find more posts by psycho gundam Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CPT Space Bomb
Emperor Doom

Originally posted by JakeTheBank
Dr. Doom should be #1.
This....

My top 5?

1. Dr. Doom
2. Joker
3. Magneto
4. Thanos
5. Darkseid

So what about my comments made your ass so sore? Was it me calling you a phaggot? I think not." - Nemebro

Old Post Jul 4th, 2011 07:32 AM
CPT Space Bomb is currently offline Click here to Send CPT Space Bomb a Private Message Find more posts by CPT Space Bomb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote