KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode IV, V & VI » Expanded Universe IS relevant . . .

Expanded Universe IS relevant . . .
Started by: Darth Heinous

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 [2] 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Jedi Mercenary
Shotgun Pete

me and DD are having this same argument over in that 10,000 jedi topic, he thinks that if it's not in the movies it's not relevent.

{EDITED BY DIM}
LAST PART WASN'T NEEDED TO MAKE YOUR POINT, MERC.

Old Post Feb 21st, 2001 11:27 AM
Click here to Send Jedi Mercenary a Private Message Find more posts by Jedi Mercenary Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JediOasis
Better Man

Its not that its irrelevant, its just not as important whats in the movie. I love reading the books almost as much as watching the movies, but we can't take whats in them seriously as cannon.

"I loved it the first time I saw it. It's goodies and baddies, cowboys and Indians in space. I was a child when it came out and it still appeals to me now. It is one of my favourite films ever and Darth Vader is best."
-Noel Gallagher

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2001 04:33 AM
Click here to Send JediOasis a Private Message Find more posts by JediOasis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jedi Mercenary
Shotgun Pete

yes we can. Another examplke of GL borrowing from EU, in the game Jedi Knight, you get an ability called "force speed", now, we see the same force speed in TPM. NOTE: Jedi Knight was made in 1995.

Old Post Feb 25th, 2001 09:43 AM
Click here to Send Jedi Mercenary a Private Message Find more posts by Jedi Mercenary Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dim
Creativity

How do we know that it wasn't GL's idea in the first place..for all we know it might be listed on some character document at LFL that is handed out as information to project managers.

Old Post Feb 25th, 2001 10:45 AM
Click here to Send Dim a Private Message Find more posts by Dim Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jedi Mercenary
Shotgun Pete

maybe GL had a little something to do with the game himself laughing out loud , <sigh> yeah, right

Old Post Feb 25th, 2001 10:59 AM
Ratcat

Both points are well seen. BUT EU is a part of the Star Wars UNIVERSE and so are the movies. BUT the movies are NOT the Star Wars Universe, they are a part of the whole.

15 hours of Movie do not constitue the whole. Some are happy with just the movies. Others want to go deeper, that's what the EU is for...

BTW, why has this thread got an almost twin in the Ep2&3 forum?

Old Post Feb 25th, 2001 09:08 PM
Click here to Send Ratcat a Private Message Find more posts by Ratcat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jedi Mercenary
Shotgun Pete

"And I can fly higher than an eagle"

Old Post Feb 26th, 2001 01:55 AM
Tifa Lockhart Strife

What about the double-bladed lightsaber? Exar Kun was using it long before Episode 1 was being written. Also Kun used two lightsabers at the same time. I'm sure George will have Darth Tyrannus use two lightsabers at once.

Old Post Feb 26th, 2001 02:28 AM
Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ratcat

Maybe. Luke uses two sabres briefly in Dark Tide I, but the strain on him is great.

Darn spelling mistakes!!!

Old Post Feb 26th, 2001 03:04 AM
Click here to Send Ratcat a Private Message Find more posts by Ratcat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Actually, Darth Maul was originally penned in as using two sabres. But none of that stuff is really so unique as to constitute official book-to-movie status- it's all based on much older ideas, anyhow.

And Force Speed is hardly a massive leap of imagination, is it? It would be one of the first powers I would have thought up, Jedi Knight or no Jedi Knight.

Factually speaking, EU sources do not count for the 'true' Star Wars continuity.

However, as I have said in the Episode II and III topic, I am officially conceeding this argument so as not to offend the EU lovers any more. It's just not worth it.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Feb 26th, 2001 03:43 AM
Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jedi Mercenary
Shotgun Pete

oh, c'mon Ushgrak, I love arguing with you

Old Post Feb 26th, 2001 04:02 AM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Oh, well, maybe just a little bit then.

I refer people reading this topic over to its sister topic in the Ep 2+3 forum, where I have made a post detailing exactlywhat I am babbling on about when talk about 'canon' policy.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Feb 26th, 2001 04:37 AM
Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ratcat

One or the other of these two needs to be closed. I'm getting dizzy flipping between the two!!!!

Old Post Feb 26th, 2001 05:05 AM
Jedi Mercenary
Shotgun Pete

Keep 'em both!! It's fun!!

Old Post Feb 26th, 2001 05:36 AM
Ratcat

OK, but if I fall over..... laughing out loud

Old Post Feb 26th, 2001 01:51 PM
Jedi Mercenary
Shotgun Pete

I can't save you, you're the wind beneath MY wings, remember??

Old Post Feb 27th, 2001 05:31 AM
Ratcat

Yeah, I'm STILL trying to figure that one out.

Old Post Feb 27th, 2001 01:13 PM
queeq
Chaos

It means he wuvs you. laughing out loud

Old Post Feb 27th, 2001 10:25 PM
Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ratcat

Sorry queeq, in this forum OT means Original Trilogy, NOT Off Topic!!!

Old Post Feb 28th, 2001 01:34 AM
Jedi Mercenary
Shotgun Pete

yeah, queeq, go speak your non-sensical gibberish in the GDF

Old Post Feb 28th, 2001 04:58 AM