KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » How good is Cin Drallig?

How good is Cin Drallig
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
He's a tier 8, ~ Maul. 0 0%
He's a tier 8, below Maul, but above the B-Team. 1 3.85%
He's a tier 7, on the same level as the B-Team. 13 50.00%
He's below the B-Team. 12 46.15%
Total: 26 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

How good is Cin Drallig?
Started by: XSUPREMEXSKILLZ

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « 1 2 [3] 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
ILS
Restricted

Account Restricted

Bane was beating Kas'im via superior strength in the Force, until he was confronted by a lightsaber style he had no answers for.

My point being, Fisto could well have less technical skill but be more powerful in the Force. I wasn't comparing Fisto to Bane, lmao.

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: that would be unfair for Bane

“The galaxy must experience the pain of death and the rapture of rebirth as I have. I will bring chaos. It is time for war.

Old Post Sep 30th, 2017 08:00 PM
Click here to Send ILS a Private Message Find more posts by ILS Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Deronn Solo
King Yami

Tenebrous level.

Old Post Sep 30th, 2017 09:24 PM
Click here to Send Deronn Solo a Private Message Find more posts by Deronn Solo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
twotter
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Deronn_solo
Tenebrous level.

So almost on par with Coleman Trebor then?

“We defeated the wrong enemy” - General George S. Patton, Berlin 1945

Old Post Sep 30th, 2017 09:33 PM
Click here to Send twotter a Private Message Find more posts by twotter Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rockydonovang
freedom fighter

Originally posted by DarthAnt66
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NzishIREebw

Are you ****ing serious?

When I wrote that, I mentally went to myself, "maybe I should specify what I mean by that - that I'm referring to the unparalleled quotes." But then I figured no one would be retarded enough to actually think I was specifically referring to some quote saying "Cin Drallig is one of the Jedi's finest." But lo and ****ing behold...

You're flipping out that I misunderstood that you were referring to hype that puts Drallig on Anoon Bondara's level as a swordsman? sad

And? Dave Filoni has outright stated the same viewpoint.
[/b]

Here's what Feloni said:
quote:
His character is exactly where it should be in TCW - perfectly matching that of the movies and that of how George Lucas sees he should be. He was never meant to take on more than one Jedi Master - he is capable of beating a knight or padawan but will for most part lose to a Jedi Council member one on one - and this makes perfect sense. The Koth/Grievous battle in "Grievous Intrigue" is a perfect example of how Grievous can fare, he can be challenging and his flurry of attacks with his cybernetics is dangerous, but once the force comes into play, the Jedi starts to overcome him - but then this is where his Magna Guards come into play to help even the battle.

Feloni, unlike Dooku, was not talking about saber combat. He was talking about how powerful force users can beat him via telekinesis like so:
https://youtu.be/Bx2bP5xv2jo?t=2m11s

Feloni evidently doesn't think this about his abilities as a duelist as he's repeatedly shown Grievous beating council masters in saber duels including the one referenced in the quote you took out of context:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bx2bP5xv2jo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4OrbCHzaNzk
https://youtu.be/ggl7_bnbAPY?t=52s

Sidenote:
It seems we have authoritative confirmation that Dooku has a style advantage against Kenobi and additional confirmation(not that we needed it) that Dooku was more powerful.

I mean, how aren't you?

Maybe coz vague hype doesn't necessarily grant you a specific ranking as a combatant?

Especially with Drallig even have statements confirming, indeed, he is in his craft.

As was Fisto and Anoon Bondara. Wait hold up, doesn't "unparalleled" mean no one "parallels" you? There's no way that's hyperbole. eek!
It doesn't follow any logical sense.

Cin Drallig has devoted his entire life to studying, perfecting, and teaching lightsaber combat.

How is a high-ranking Jedi Master like Kit Fisto going to somehow be more proficient in a lightsaber than Drallig?

Prodigies (Kenobi, Anakin, Mace, Yoda) aside, Cin Drallig should be the best swordsman in the Order.

Right, Fisto isn't a prodigy. He's one of the most skilled swordsman in the order's history, but he isn't especially talented. You might to try judging characters based on where they're placed rather than where you think they should be placed.
And that viewpoint is echoed by Dooku naming specifically Drallig, not Fisto, when talking to Grievous.

He also seemed to consider the entire jedi council better than Grievous as duelists despite Grievous repeatedly clowning council masters in lightsaber duels. It's almost as if Dooku was angry and we shouldn't take every thing he said literally.

Not to mention that Dooku would have absolutely no idea how powerful or capable Fisto has become by the end of the clone wars which leaves his subjective opinion fairly unreliable.
You can try and try to frame an argument around holistic intent here, but you're lying to yourself if you think it's going to be a solid one. sad

Last edited by Rockydonovang on Sep 30th, 2017 at 11:18 PM

Old Post Sep 30th, 2017 11:14 PM
Click here to Send Rockydonovang a Private Message Find more posts by Rockydonovang Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rebel95

Originally posted by TenebrousWay
I'd say he's around the same level of the B-team. Perhaps slightly lower but on the same general range.

Old Post Sep 30th, 2017 11:27 PM
Click here to Send Rebel95 a Private Message Find more posts by Rebel95 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rebel95

Originally posted by Rockydonovang
since when did you take subjective quotes seriously?

Since they hype a character that got schooled by his favorite character Anakin

Old Post Sep 30th, 2017 11:30 PM
Click here to Send Rebel95 a Private Message Find more posts by Rebel95 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

LMFAO. I'll respond tonight or tomorrow. If I forget to, shoot me a PM.

"There is only Revan. Only he can shape this galaxy as it is meant to be shaped."

Old Post Oct 1st, 2017 12:09 AM
Click here to Send Jaggarath a Private Message Find more posts by Jaggarath Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

Nvm, we handled it on GH. thumb up

"There is only Revan. Only he can shape this galaxy as it is meant to be shaped."

Old Post Oct 1st, 2017 01:14 AM
Click here to Send Jaggarath a Private Message Find more posts by Jaggarath Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rockydonovang
freedom fighter

Nvm, we handled it on GH. thumb up

we did?

Old Post Oct 1st, 2017 01:25 AM
Click here to Send Rockydonovang a Private Message Find more posts by Rockydonovang Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ChocolateMuesli

a bit like kas'im, nothing special overall. would lose to b team

Old Post Oct 1st, 2017 10:33 AM
Click here to Send ChocolateMuesli a Private Message Find more posts by ChocolateMuesli Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rebel95

I think the quotes make it clear that he's one of the best swordsman in the jedi order. I'd say he's around the same level as the B-Team, maybe slightly inferior

Old Post Oct 1st, 2017 05:16 PM
relentless1
Dark Overlord of KMC

Anakin fought him one handed while focusing on other Jedi, he's nowhere near the top of the heap... its like the old saying goes; those who can, do.. the who can't teach. I think thats a fitting epithet for our boy Cin "C Team" Dralling.

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2017 12:43 AM
Click here to Send relentless1 a Private Message Find more posts by relentless1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rebel95

Maybe Anakin is just that good

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2017 02:41 AM
Rockydonovang
freedom fighter

Originally posted by relentless1
Anakin fought him one handed while focusing on other Jedi, he's nowhere near the top of the heap... its like the old saying goes; those who can, do.. the who can't teach. I think thats a fitting epithet for our boy Cin "C Team" Dralling.

Oooh, he lost to a Yoda level swordsman?

Must be trash then thumb up

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2017 03:03 AM
UCanShootMyNova

Lost to Anakin*

"I worked Jack in" - DMB, Gchat, 2017.

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2017 03:18 AM
Click here to Send UCanShootMyNova a Private Message Find more posts by UCanShootMyNova Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NewGuy01
perpetual

no need to repeat what's already been said, syn

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2017 03:21 AM
Click here to Send NewGuy01 a Private Message Find more posts by NewGuy01 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

Ah, true, a Yoda+ level swordsman then.

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2017 03:21 AM
relentless1
Dark Overlord of KMC

Originally posted by Rockydonovang
Oooh, he lost to a Yoda level swordsman?

Must be trash then thumb up

when youre disposed of that quickly by a combatant; Yoda tier or not then yeah; youre shit.

Anybody singing the praises of the B team after they tried their hand with Sidious?? Didn't think so... I believe they are referred to as the B team specifically because they were dropped so easily no?

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2017 03:59 AM
Click here to Send relentless1 a Private Message Find more posts by relentless1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
UCanShootMyNova

Originally posted by NewGuy01
no need to repeat what's already been said, syn

Was a correction. smile

"I worked Jack in" - DMB, Gchat, 2017.

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2017 04:02 AM
Click here to Send UCanShootMyNova a Private Message Find more posts by UCanShootMyNova Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rebel95

Originally posted by relentless1
when youre disposed of that quickly by a combatant; Yoda tier or not then yeah; youre shit.

Anybody singing the praises of the B team after they tried their hand with Sidious?? Didn't think so... I believe they are referred to as the B team specifically because they were dropped so easily no?

No one was saying Cin Drallig was top tier. But he is around B-Team level.

Yet you're saying that anyone who gets disposed of that quickly is shit, but Sidious blitzed the B Team even faster than Anakin took out Drallig... hmmm

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2017 04:30 AM