KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Religion Forum » What Do You Believe? Here Is What We Believe:

What Do You Believe? Here Is What We Believe:
Started by: JesusIsAlive

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
JesusIsAlive
Restricted

Gender: Unspecified
Location: from my sins.

Account Restricted

What Do You Believe? Here Is What We Believe:

Tenets of Faith

We Believe....

THE SCRIPTURES - The Bible is the inspired Word of God, the product of holy men of old who spoke and wrote as they were moved by the Holy Spirit. The New Covenant, as recorded in the New Testament, we accept as our infallible guide in matters pertaining to conduct and doctrine (2 Tim. 3:16; 1 Thess. 2:13; 2 Peter 1:21).

We Believe....

THE GODHEAD - Our God is one, but manifested in three Persons - the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit, being coequal (Deut. 6:4;Phil. 2:6). God the Father is greater than all; the Sender of the Word (Logos) and the Begetter (John 14:28; John 16:28; John 1:14). The Son is the Word flesh-covered, the One Begotten, and has existed with the Father from the beginning (John 1:1; John 1:18; John 1:14). The Holy Spirit proceeds forth from both the Father and the Son and is eternal (John 14:16;John 15:26).

We Believe....

MAN, HIS FALL AND REDEMPTION - Man is a created being, made in the likeness and image of God, but through Adam's transgression and fall, sin came into the world. The Bible says "...all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God," and "...There is none righteous, no, not one." (Rom. 3:10; 3:23). Jesus Christ, the Son of God, was manifested to undo the works of the devil and gave His life and shed His blood to redeem and restore man back to God (Rom. 5:14; 1 John 3:8).

Salvation is the gift of God to man, separate from works and the Law, and is made operative by grace through faith in Jesus Christ, producing works acceptable to God (Eph. 2:8-10).

We Believe....

ETERNAL LIFE AND THE NEW BIRTH - Man's first step toward salvation is godly sorrow that worketh repentance. The New Birth is necessary to all men, and when experienced, produces eternal life (2 Cor. 7:10; John 3:3-5; 1 John 5:12).

We Believe....

WATER BAPTISM - Baptism in water is by immersion, is a direct commandment of our Lord, and is for believers only. The ordinance is a symbol of the Christian's identification with Christ in His death, burial, and resurrection (Matt. 28:19; Rom. 6:4; Col. 2:12; Acts 8:36-39).

The following recommendation regarding the water baptismal formula is adopted; to wit: "On the confession of your faith in the Lord Jesus Christ, the Son of God, and by His authority, I baptize you in the Name of the Father, and the Son, and the Holy Ghost. Amen."

We Believe....

BAPTISM IN THE HOLY GHOST - The Baptism in the Holy Ghost and fire is a gift from God as promised by the Lord Jesus Christ to all believers in this dispensation and is received subsequent to the new birth. This experience is accompanied by the initial evidence of speaking in other tongues as the Holy Spirit Himself gives utterance (Matt. 3:11; John 14:16,17; Acts 1:8; Acts 2:38,39; Acts 19:1-7; Acts 2:1-4).

We Believe....

SANCTIFICATION - The Bible teaches that without holiness no man can see the Lord. We believe in the Doctrine of Sanctification as a definite, yet progressive work of grace, commencing at the time of regeneration and continuing until the consummation of salvation at Christ's return (Heb. 12:14; 1 Thess. 5:23; 2 Peter 3:18; 2 Cor. 3:18; Phil. 3:12-14; 1 Cor. 1:30).

We Believe....

DIVINE HEALING - Healing is for the physical ills of the human body and is wrought by the power of God through the prayer of faith, and by the laying on of hands. It is provided for in the atonement of Christ, and is the privilege of every member of the Church today (James 5:14,15; Mark 16:18; Isa. 53:4,5; Matt. 8:17; 1 Peter 2:24).

We Believe....

RESURRECTION OF THE JUST AND THE RETURN OF OUR LORD - The angels said to Jesus' disciples, "...This same Jesus, which is taken up from you into heaven, shall so come in like manner as ye have seen him go into heaven." His coming is imminent. When He comes, "...The dead in Christ shall rise first: Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air..." (Acts 1:11; 1 Thess. 4:16,17).

Following the Tribulation, He shall return to earth as King of kings, and Lord of lords, and together with His saints, who shall be kings and priests, He shall reign a thousand years (Rev. 5:10;20:6).

We Believe....

HELL AND ETERNAL RETRIBUTION - The one who physically dies in his sins without accepting Christ is hopelessly and eternally lost in the lake of fire and, therefore, has no further opportunity of hearing the Gospel or repenting. The lake of fire is literal. The terms "eternal" and "everlasting," used in describing the duration of the punishment of the damned in the lake of fire, carry the same thought and meaning of endless existence as used in denoting the duration of joy and ecstasy of saints in the Presence of God (Heb. 9:27; Rev. 19:20).

(excerpts taken from Rhema website)

http://www.rhema.org/about/tenets_faith.cfm


__________________
Life After Death? || Bill Wiese

Proof of Hell? || Dr. Donald Whitaker, Research-Scientist/Chemist

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2006 12:39 AM
JesusIsAlive is currently offline Click here to Send JesusIsAlive a Private Message Find more posts by JesusIsAlive Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Imperial_Samura
Anticrust Smurf

Gender: Male
Location: Lost in her eyes...

Who is we? After all, you wish to remove the majority of Christians from the Christian classification.

So is this a particular group of Christians?


__________________

From even the greatest of horrors irony is seldom absent.

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2006 12:46 AM
Imperial_Samura is currently offline Click here to Send Imperial_Samura a Private Message Find more posts by Imperial_Samura Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JesusIsAlive
Restricted

Gender: Unspecified
Location: from my sins.

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Imperial_Samura
Who is we? After all, you wish to remove the majority of Christians from the Christian classification.

So is this a particular group of Christians?


Yes, and you are entitled to your opinion of me.


__________________
Life After Death? || Bill Wiese

Proof of Hell? || Dr. Donald Whitaker, Research-Scientist/Chemist

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2006 12:53 AM
JesusIsAlive is currently offline Click here to Send JesusIsAlive a Private Message Find more posts by JesusIsAlive Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Imperial_Samura
Anticrust Smurf

Gender: Male
Location: Lost in her eyes...

quote: (post)
Originally posted by JesusIsAlive
Yes, and you are entitled to your opinion of me.


Maybe I wasn't clear enough - which particular group of Christians is this "we"?


__________________

From even the greatest of horrors irony is seldom absent.

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2006 12:54 AM
Imperial_Samura is currently offline Click here to Send Imperial_Samura a Private Message Find more posts by Imperial_Samura Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Gregory
International Sex Symbol

Gender: Male
Location: United States

The insane fundamentalist kind, presumable. Faith healing?


__________________
"Men curse the Communist Party, but eventually it may release them. If hell were endless, then God would be worse than our Secret Police."--Pastor Valentin

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2006 12:55 AM
Gregory is currently offline Click here to Send Gregory a Private Message Find more posts by Gregory Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JesusIsAlive
Restricted

Gender: Unspecified
Location: from my sins.

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Imperial_Samura
Maybe I wasn't clear enough - which particular group of Christians is this "we"?


The non-denominational kind.


__________________
Life After Death? || Bill Wiese

Proof of Hell? || Dr. Donald Whitaker, Research-Scientist/Chemist

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2006 12:57 AM
JesusIsAlive is currently offline Click here to Send JesusIsAlive a Private Message Find more posts by JesusIsAlive Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
debbiejo
Dreamer

Gender: Unspecified
Location:

Re: What Do You Believe? Here Is What We Believe:

quote: (post)
Originally posted by JesusIsAlive
Tenets of Faith

We Believe....

THE SCRIPTURES - The Bible is the inspired Word of God, the product of holy men of old who spoke and wrote as they were moved by the Holy Spirit. The New Covenant, as recorded in the New Testament, we accept as our infallible guide in matters pertaining to conduct and doctrine (2 Tim. 3:16; 1 Thess. 2:13; 2 Peter 1:21).

We Believe....

THE GODHEAD - Our God is one, but manifested in three Persons - the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit, being coequal (Deut. 6:4;Phil. 2:6). God the Father is greater than all; the Sender of the Word (Logos) and the Begetter (John 14:28; John 16:28; John 1:14). The Son is the Word flesh-covered, the One Begotten, and has existed with the Father from the beginning (John 1:1; John 1:18; John 1:14). The Holy Spirit proceeds forth from both the Father and the Son and is eternal (John 14:16;John 15:26).

We Believe....

MAN, HIS FALL AND REDEMPTION - Man is a created being, made in the likeness and image of God, but through Adam's transgression and fall, sin came into the world. The Bible says "...all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God," and "...There is none righteous, no, not one." (Rom. 3:10; 3:23). Jesus Christ, the Son of God, was manifested to undo the works of the devil and gave His life and shed His blood to redeem and restore man back to God (Rom. 5:14; 1 John 3:8).

Salvation is the gift of God to man, separate from works and the Law, and is made operative by grace through faith in Jesus Christ, producing works acceptable to God (Eph. 2:8-10).

We Believe....

ETERNAL LIFE AND THE NEW BIRTH - Man's first step toward salvation is godly sorrow that worketh repentance. The New Birth is necessary to all men, and when experienced, produces eternal life (2 Cor. 7:10; John 3:3-5; 1 John 5:12).

We Believe....

WATER BAPTISM - Baptism in water is by immersion, is a direct commandment of our Lord, and is for believers only. The ordinance is a symbol of the Christian's identification with Christ in His death, burial, and resurrection (Matt. 28:19; Rom. 6:4; Col. 2:12; Acts 8:36-39).

The following recommendation regarding the water baptismal formula is adopted; to wit: "On the confession of your faith in the Lord Jesus Christ, the Son of God, and by His authority, I baptize you in the Name of the Father, and the Son, and the Holy Ghost. Amen."

We Believe....

BAPTISM IN THE HOLY GHOST - The Baptism in the Holy Ghost and fire is a gift from God as promised by the Lord Jesus Christ to all believers in this dispensation and is received subsequent to the new birth. This experience is accompanied by the initial evidence of speaking in other tongues as the Holy Spirit Himself gives utterance (Matt. 3:11; John 14:16,17; Acts 1:8; Acts 2:38,39; Acts 19:1-7; Acts 2:1-4).

We Believe....

SANCTIFICATION - The Bible teaches that without holiness no man can see the Lord. We believe in the Doctrine of Sanctification as a definite, yet progressive work of grace, commencing at the time of regeneration and continuing until the consummation of salvation at Christ's return (Heb. 12:14; 1 Thess. 5:23; 2 Peter 3:18; 2 Cor. 3:18; Phil. 3:12-14; 1 Cor. 1:30).

We Believe....

DIVINE HEALING - Healing is for the physical ills of the human body and is wrought by the power of God through the prayer of faith, and by the laying on of hands. It is provided for in the atonement of Christ, and is the privilege of every member of the Church today (James 5:14,15; Mark 16:18; Isa. 53:4,5; Matt. 8:17; 1 Peter 2:24).

We Believe....

RESURRECTION OF THE JUST AND THE RETURN OF OUR LORD - The angels said to Jesus' disciples, "...This same Jesus, which is taken up from you into heaven, shall so come in like manner as ye have seen him go into heaven." His coming is imminent. When He comes, "...The dead in Christ shall rise first: Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air..." (Acts 1:11; 1 Thess. 4:16,17).

Following the Tribulation, He shall return to earth as King of kings, and Lord of lords, and together with His saints, who shall be kings and priests, He shall reign a thousand years (Rev. 5:10;20:6).

We Believe....

HELL AND ETERNAL RETRIBUTION - The one who physically dies in his sins without accepting Christ is hopelessly and eternally lost in the lake of fire and, therefore, has no further opportunity of hearing the Gospel or repenting. The lake of fire is literal. The terms "eternal" and "everlasting," used in describing the duration of the punishment of the damned in the lake of fire, carry the same thought and meaning of endless existence as used in denoting the duration of joy and ecstasy of saints in the Presence of God (Heb. 9:27; Rev. 19:20).

(excerpts taken from Rhema website)

http://www.rhema.org/about/tenets_faith.cfm
Then you believe mainly what Paul taught, not Jesus.

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2006 12:57 AM
debbiejo is currently offline Find more posts by debbiejo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JesusIsAlive
Restricted

Gender: Unspecified
Location: from my sins.

Account Restricted

Re: Re: What Do You Believe? Here Is What We Believe:

quote: (post)
Originally posted by debbiejo
Then you believe mainly what Paul taught, not Jesus.



Paul is not my Savior, Jesus Christ is.

Paul became a follower and preacher for Jesus Christ after the Lord spoke to Him and called him into His service. Stop making false accusations about Paul he did nothing to you. His is Christ's servant.


__________________
Life After Death? || Bill Wiese

Proof of Hell? || Dr. Donald Whitaker, Research-Scientist/Chemist

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2006 01:05 AM
JesusIsAlive is currently offline Click here to Send JesusIsAlive a Private Message Find more posts by JesusIsAlive Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ordo
Enforcer of the Republic

Gender: Male
Location: Kamino Boot Camp

I didn't know this was show and tell time.


__________________


| Sigs | My Artwork | Sig Duel Record 24:4 | Alliance Respect Thread |

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2006 01:09 AM
Ordo is currently offline Click here to Send Ordo a Private Message Find more posts by Ordo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
debbiejo
Dreamer

Gender: Unspecified
Location:

Re: Re: Re: What Do You Believe? Here Is What We Believe:

quote: (post)
Originally posted by JesusIsAlive
Paul is not my Savior, Jesus Christ is.

Paul became a follower and preacher for Jesus Christ after the Lord spoke to Him and called him into His service. Stop making false accusations about Paul he did nothing to you. His is Christ's servant.
You don't like me picking on Paul?? confused

Why? He's a liar.

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2006 01:10 AM
debbiejo is currently offline Find more posts by debbiejo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ordo
Enforcer of the Republic

Gender: Male
Location: Kamino Boot Camp

And evil.


__________________


| Sigs | My Artwork | Sig Duel Record 24:4 | Alliance Respect Thread |

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2006 01:11 AM
Ordo is currently offline Click here to Send Ordo a Private Message Find more posts by Ordo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
debbiejo
Dreamer

Gender: Unspecified
Location:

If Paul is not his savior then why is he following the teaching of Paul?

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2006 01:14 AM
debbiejo is currently offline Find more posts by debbiejo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JesusIsAlive
Restricted

Gender: Unspecified
Location: from my sins.

Account Restricted

Re: Re: Re: Re: What Do You Believe? Here Is What We Believe:

quote: (post)
Originally posted by debbiejo
You don't like me picking on Paul?? confused

Why? He's a liar.


No, I believe that the only one casting aspersions is you. Paul is not here to defend himself. How can you call a person a liar when (according to the Bible) you are the one who is a liar. I am not calling you a liar, I said according to the Bible you are a liar because you have said things that shamefully, and egregiously contradict the Bible. Paul has not contradicted the Bible but you have. Paul has written 14 of the 27 Books in the New Testament and not once did He write something that contradicted the Old Testament or any of the writings written by others who wrote Books in the New Testament. But you have contradicted the Scriptures almost everytime that you have spoken on this forum.


__________________
Life After Death? || Bill Wiese

Proof of Hell? || Dr. Donald Whitaker, Research-Scientist/Chemist

Last edited by JesusIsAlive on Oct 3rd, 2006 at 01:19 AM

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2006 01:16 AM
JesusIsAlive is currently offline Click here to Send JesusIsAlive a Private Message Find more posts by JesusIsAlive Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
debbiejo
Dreamer

Gender: Unspecified
Location:

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: What Do You Believe? Here Is What We Believe:

quote: (post)
Originally posted by JesusIsAlive
No, I believe that the only one casting aspersions is you. Paul is not here to defend himself. How can you call a person a liar when (according to the Bible) you are the one who is a liar. I am not calling you a liar, I said according to the Bible you are a liar because you have said things that shamefully, and egregiously contradict the Bible. Paul has not contradicted the Bible but you have. Paul has written 14 of the 27 Books in the New Testament and not once did He write something that contradicted the Old Testament. But you have contradicted the Scriptures almost everytime that you have spoken on this forum.
You would do better to throw out everything in the NT except what Jesus taught.

Last edited by debbiejo on Oct 3rd, 2006 at 01:20 AM

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2006 01:18 AM
debbiejo is currently offline Find more posts by debbiejo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ordo
Enforcer of the Republic

Gender: Male
Location: Kamino Boot Camp

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: What Do You Believe? Here Is What We Believe:

quote: (post)
Originally posted by JesusIsAlive
No, I believe that the only one casting aspersions is you. Paul is not here to defend himself. How can you call a person a liar when (according to the Bible) you are the one who is a liar. I am not calling you a liar, I said according to the Bible you are a liar because you have said things that shamefully, and egregiously contradict the Bible. Paul has not contradicted the Bible but you have. Paul has written 14 of the 27 Books in the New Testament and not once did He write something that contradicted the Old Testament. But you have contradicted the Scriptures almost everytime that you have spoken on this forum.


I don't know what to say but laughing


__________________


| Sigs | My Artwork | Sig Duel Record 24:4 | Alliance Respect Thread |

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2006 01:19 AM
Ordo is currently offline Click here to Send Ordo a Private Message Find more posts by Ordo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr Krieger
Senior Member

Gender: Unspecified
Location: United States

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Imperial_Samura
So is this a particular group of Christians?



Fundamentalist Jesustology


JesusIsAlive, why do you choose to talk Cryptic like the Bible? Do you see yourself as the people that wrote it?

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2006 01:27 AM
Mr Krieger is currently offline Click here to Send Mr Krieger a Private Message Find more posts by Mr Krieger Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peach
mordrem

Gender: Female
Location: verdant brink

Moderator

quote:
I said according to the Bible you are a liar because you have said things that shamefully, and egregiously contradict the Bible.


Wouldn't that make the bible itself a liar, considering that it contradicts itself all the time? God a liar, since he contradicts his own commandments?

Oh, blind faith.

roll eyes (sarcastic)


__________________

under the pale tree - my [email protected]

I can hear the call of the dragon...

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2006 01:27 AM
Peach is currently offline Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JesusIsAlive
Restricted

Gender: Unspecified
Location: from my sins.

Account Restricted

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: What Do You Believe? Here Is What We Believe:

quote: (post)
Originally posted by debbiejo
You would do better to throw out everything in the NT except what Jesus taught.



I thank God that I know better than to listen to you.


__________________
Life After Death? || Bill Wiese

Proof of Hell? || Dr. Donald Whitaker, Research-Scientist/Chemist

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2006 01:28 AM
JesusIsAlive is currently offline Click here to Send JesusIsAlive a Private Message Find more posts by JesusIsAlive Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr Krieger
Senior Member

Gender: Unspecified
Location: United States

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: What Do You Believe? Here Is What We Believe:

quote: (post)
Originally posted by JesusIsAlive
I thank God that I know better than to listen to you.


What a Bad Pun........

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2006 01:29 AM
Mr Krieger is currently offline Click here to Send Mr Krieger a Private Message Find more posts by Mr Krieger Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JesusIsAlive
Restricted

Gender: Unspecified
Location: from my sins.

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Lana
Wouldn't that make the bible itself a liar, considering that it contradicts itself all the time? God a liar, since he contradicts his own commandments?

roll eyes (sarcastic)
You have made a comment without supporting it with any facts or proof.


__________________
Life After Death? || Bill Wiese

Proof of Hell? || Dr. Donald Whitaker, Research-Scientist/Chemist

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2006 01:29 AM
JesusIsAlive is currently offline Click here to Send JesusIsAlive a Private Message Find more posts by JesusIsAlive Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
All times are UTC. The time now is 08:42 AM.
Pages (6): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread

Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Religion Forum » What Do You Believe? Here Is What We Believe:

Email this Page
Subscribe to this Thread
   Post New Thread  Post A Reply

Forum Jump:
Search by user:
 

Forum Rules:
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
HTML code is OFF
vB code is ON
Smilies are ON
[IMG] code is ON

Text-only version
 

< - KillerMovies.com - Forum Archive - Forum Rules >


© Copyright 2000-2006, KillerMovies.com. All Rights Reserved.
Powered by: vBulletin, copyright ©2000-2006, Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.