KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » Comic Books » Fantastic Force

Fantastic Force
Started by: Battlehammer

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Dum Dum Dugan

Fantastic Force

What you all think about this new super team and story arc so far? Do you like the idea or dislike it? Are you as confused as I am about it lol.

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2009 11:30 PM
Dum Dum Dugan is currently offline Click here to Send Dum Dum Dugan a Private Message Find more posts by Dum Dum Dugan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
guy222
With my gal

It was ok

thank u bz

Old Post Apr 23rd, 2009 12:27 AM
guy222 is currently offline Click here to Send guy222 a Private Message Find more posts by guy222 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

fair issue, but i will re read it

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Apr 23rd, 2009 03:51 AM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Endless Mike
Sqirrel Girl fanboy

Exactly what is it about?

Sig by Starlock

Old Post Apr 23rd, 2009 01:17 PM
Endless Mike is currently offline Click here to Send Endless Mike a Private Message Find more posts by Endless Mike Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Disappear

it's taking the 500-years-in-the-future super-team [the new defenders] from millar/hitch's "death of the invisible woman" story arc and giving them a mini-series on nu-earth. but it seems like the conflict was resolved in the first issue, and now it's just gonna be kinda sucky. and the art and feeling of the book just really wasn't on point. i kept getting confused between who was natalie x and who was psionics.

Old Post Apr 24th, 2009 06:42 AM
Disappear is currently offline Click here to Send Disappear a Private Message Find more posts by Disappear Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dum Dum Dugan

this is an alternate future of ultimate x-men not 616 x-men

Old Post Apr 24th, 2009 08:32 AM
Dum Dum Dugan is currently offline Click here to Send Dum Dum Dugan a Private Message Find more posts by Dum Dum Dugan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Disappear

what? are you getting the ultimate x-men/fantastic four annuals and fantastic force confused?

Old Post Apr 24th, 2009 05:13 PM
Disappear is currently offline Click here to Send Disappear a Private Message Find more posts by Disappear Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dum Dum Dugan

No not at all. I am talking about the recent mini that came out that called the fantastic force. It is about the last super hero team left 500 years into the future.

Old Post May 5th, 2009 05:42 AM
tjcoady

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Battlehammer
No not at all. I am talking about the recent mini that came out that called the fantastic force. It is about the last super hero team left 500 years into the future.

Which is set in the 616 and has nothing whatsoever to do with the Ultimate Universe.

I liked it. It might be interesting. Kind of a fun concept, if a little over-done... the "only superheroes on the earth," ala Squadron Supreme, Morrison's Authority, the New Universe....

Old Post May 5th, 2009 06:26 AM
tjcoady is currently offline Click here to Send tjcoady a Private Message Find more posts by tjcoady Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dum Dum Dugan

are you sure it 616? I was a little uncertain. The art and uniforms seem to imply ultimate universes, but I have really no idea.

wolverine names kinda stupid lol hooded man or some shit lol

Old Post May 5th, 2009 06:48 AM
tjcoady

are you sure it 616? I was a little uncertain. The art and uniforms seem to imply ultimate universes, but I have really no idea.

wolverine names kinda stupid lol hooded man or some shit lol

I guess you didn't read the Fantastic Four issues that the "Fantastic Force" characters are based off of.

They're from Millar's run.

Old Post May 5th, 2009 06:50 AM
tjcoady is currently offline Click here to Send tjcoady a Private Message Find more posts by tjcoady Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dum Dum Dugan

oh I see. So it the same wolverine from old man logan, oh shit I know how old man logan ends now for sure, miller way way to easy to predict.

Old Post May 5th, 2009 07:01 AM
Bentley
Seitei

Battlehammer, do you read the Old man Logan series?

I've been searching for a comment on Kang in that series but haven't got any answer.

My respect threads:Kang the Conqueror, Ultron, Devil Dinosaur, Michael Korvac
Captain America for High Street

Old Post May 5th, 2009 08:01 AM
Bentley is currently offline Click here to Send Bentley a Private Message Find more posts by Bentley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dum Dum Dugan

I read it yes. Kang who?

Old Post May 5th, 2009 09:01 AM
tjcoady

I read it yes. Kang who?

I'd imagine "The Conqueror."

I heard Kang was mentioned, but if so, it was totally offhand and irrelevant, plot-wise. I can't recall when he was brought up, if he was- I would have remembered if it was important.

Unless you just freaking love Kang the Conqueror and want to know where he is in the "Old Man Logan" universe.

Old Post May 5th, 2009 09:36 AM
Dum Dum Dugan

oh yea I think it was mention off handily like you said.

Old Post May 5th, 2009 09:50 AM
Bentley
Seitei

Originally posted by tjcoady
Unless you just freaking love Kang the Conqueror and want to know where he is in the "Old Man Logan" universe.

Maybe I do shifty

Happy Dance

Give me the issue number

My respect threads:Kang the Conqueror, Ultron, Devil Dinosaur, Michael Korvac
Captain America for High Street

Old Post May 5th, 2009 11:49 AM
Bentley is currently offline Click here to Send Bentley a Private Message Find more posts by Bentley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Deadline

Originally posted by Bentley
Maybe I do shifty

Happy Dance

Give me the issue number

thumb up My favourite supervillain.

Old Post May 14th, 2009 07:24 PM
Deadline is currently offline Click here to Send Deadline a Private Message Find more posts by Deadline Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Newjak
I am Beyond Power

oh yea I think it was mention off handily like you said.
Hey could you tell me what issue Thor's hammer appears in Old Man Logan?

sig by Rao Kal El

Old Post May 14th, 2009 11:59 PM
Newjak is currently offline Click here to Send Newjak a Private Message Find more posts by Newjak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Disappear

thor's hammer isn't mentioned in parts 3-6, and though it might have been drawn in, it wasn't in any of the places i thought to look. perhaps it's in parts 1 or 2.

kang is mentioned "off-hand" in part 4, issue 69, by hawkeye.
"i always wondered what happened to reed and sue. we know what happened to ben and johnny, but reed and sue are still a mystery. somebody said kang beat them up and dumped them in the time-stream, but they heard this third-hand from the shocker of all people."

back on topic; how do you know that "old man logan" becomes "the hooded man"? just because it's millar?

Old Post May 15th, 2009 06:13 AM