KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Animations / CGI » Avengers Assemble

Avengers Assemble
Started by: Nephthys

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Avengers Assemble

So as I'm sure people have heard, Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes is being cancelled and replaced with Avengers Assemble, which will presumably be set in a closer continuity to the Avenger's Movie-verse, in 2013. We have this preliminary picture of the cast, which I don't know whether its final or not:

(please log in to view the image)

So basically its the cast from the movie plus one black guy.

Old Post Jun 7th, 2012 11:10 PM
Nephthys is currently offline Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
marwash22
HELL YEAH.

They took out T'Challa and added Falcon... only room for one black guy on the roster, eh?

Old Post Jun 8th, 2012 01:18 AM
marwash22 is currently offline Click here to Send marwash22 a Private Message Find more posts by marwash22 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Maybe they felt they needed a guy with actual superpowers on the team. A black guy, I mean. The Movie Avengers have quite a few street level dudes on the team. T'Challa would have been pretty similar power wise to Cap, Widow and Hawkeye I guess.

Old Post Jun 8th, 2012 01:24 AM
Nephthys is currently offline Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

So it's offical now huh... Dang.

The one good thing we get out of this is better animation. That was A:EMH big problem.

Old Post Jun 8th, 2012 02:22 AM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SamZED

Money chasing $&@!$...

First replaced spectacular spider-man with sh!tty ultimate and now this. And why? Because its more like the movie? Does that mean they'll make a new spidey show once asm comes out?

Azula: My mommy didn't love me so I'm going to burn down your village.

Old Post Jun 8th, 2012 06:42 PM
SamZED is currently offline Click here to Send SamZED a Private Message Find more posts by SamZED Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bentley
Seitei

If they get punked by Kang then I'll be fine with it, but its a shame T'challa ain't on it, not that I have anything against Falcon, but T'challa may be my favorite black character in comics.

My respect threads:Kang the Conqueror, Ultron, Devil Dinosaur, Michael Korvac
Captain America for High Street

Old Post Jun 8th, 2012 09:00 PM
Bentley is currently offline Click here to Send Bentley a Private Message Find more posts by Bentley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AuraAngel
Hegemon

I watched a couple episodes of the old show...and I actually really liked it. I'll probably go back and watch them.

No Wasp though. She was always my favorite. :T

Old Post Jun 9th, 2012 02:08 AM
AuraAngel is currently offline Click here to Send AuraAngel a Private Message Find more posts by AuraAngel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
wakkawakkawakka

Really? One of the things that turned me off to EMH were both Hawkeye and Wasp not shutting up.

Shame T'Challa wont be in this but was there really a need for a token black guy? Just hope this doesn't go the Ultimate Spider-Man route.

Old Post Jun 9th, 2012 02:13 AM
wakkawakkawakka is currently offline Click here to Send wakkawakkawakka a Private Message Find more posts by wakkawakkawakka Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

quote: (post)
Originally posted by TheAuraAngel
I watched a couple episodes of the old show...and I actually really liked it. I'll probably go back and watch them.

No Wasp though. She was always my favorite. :T

Are you talking about EMH, or The Avengers: United They Stand.

Because AHAHAHAHA, look at Hawkeyes outfit! What a ****ing ***! laughing

....Ahem. embarrasment

Old Post Jun 9th, 2012 04:51 AM
Lek Kuen
Ti Lun

Originally posted by ares834
So it's offical now huh... Dang.

The one good thing we get out of this is better animation. That was A:EMH big problem.

The animation was fine in season 1 (haven't seen 2) it just had a simplistic art style but imo the actual fights and stuff were animated just fine.

Props to Scythe for the sig

Old Post Jun 9th, 2012 05:08 AM
Lek Kuen is currently offline Click here to Send Lek Kuen a Private Message Find more posts by Lek Kuen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bentley
Seitei

I'm surprised nobody has noticed the lack of Pym. I just hope there are enough cameos and Ultron shows up.

Old Post Jun 9th, 2012 05:32 AM
Bentley is currently offline Click here to Send Bentley a Private Message Find more posts by Bentley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AuraAngel
Hegemon

Originally posted by Nephthys
Are you talking about EMH, or The Avengers: United They Stand.

Because AHAHAHAHA, look at Hawkeyes outfit! What a ****ing ***! laughing

....Ahem. embarrasment

I'm not talking about that one. O:

Old Post Jun 9th, 2012 06:38 AM
AuraAngel is currently offline Click here to Send AuraAngel a Private Message Find more posts by AuraAngel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bentley
Seitei

I always thought Kang looked like Annihilus in that show.

Old Post Jun 9th, 2012 04:05 PM
Phanteros
the Shade knight

Originally posted by Bentley
I'm surprised nobody has noticed the lack of Pym. I just hope there are enough cameos and Ultron shows up.
That's because Pym is a douchebag. He won't be missed.

Old Post Jun 30th, 2012 11:17 PM
Phanteros is currently offline Click here to Send Phanteros a Private Message Find more posts by Phanteros Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
the ninjak
FRINGE Division

Originally posted by Phanteros
That's because Pym is a douchebag. He won't be missed.

Pym was awesome. And you're wrong, a liar and just plain mean.

Old Post Jul 1st, 2012 05:24 PM
the ninjak is currently offline Click here to Send the ninjak a Private Message Find more posts by the ninjak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bentley
Seitei

What's he problem with people against Pym? The only thing weak about the character is that he's blond like so many Avengers in Marvel, but other than that he's full of win.

Old Post Jul 1st, 2012 07:19 PM
the ninjak
FRINGE Division

What's he problem with people against Pym? The only thing weak about the character is that he's blond like so many Avengers in Marvel, but other than that he's full of win.

I agree on the win factor. The anti-blond remark is a shame. Maybe the new series should have Pym have brown/black hair or even Asian? I hate the race issue in comics and other mediums.

Give it 10 years and we'll have a marketing group enforcing a multiracial Avengers the public can agree with. Besides Thor and Cap of course. Caps from the 40's so he can stay blond and Thor is a Norse influenced character keep him there. Though peeps get mighty angry when they see him. Racism on the highest scale.

I saw a kid in a comic store the other day no older than 12 comment on why the new Ultimate Spidey was black. I walked over and said "well he's the new Spidey in the universe, the other one died." He got all angry and said "F that Spidey's white!" I was taken aback. He walked out of the store all pissed.

I never had a problem with the Ultimate Nick Fury's Samuel Jackson style change of appearance. I thought it was cool. But I noticed people got ticked off once they made Heimdall black. I was meh. I'm all for adapting a 60's based fictional universe for a multi-cultural reading public.

But it's when someone blatantly disses a character because they belong to a particular racial genealogy regardless of the awesomeness of their character that I just gotta get pissed right the phuck off! F U!

I guess "I have a dream, that my four little children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin but by the content of their character. I have a dream today!" doesn't hold to high in the end like it did then. But I always liked it.

Old Post Jul 1st, 2012 08:16 PM
the ninjak is currently offline Click here to Send the ninjak a Private Message Find more posts by the ninjak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

He's one of the smartest men in the Marvel universe on top of being blond, attractive and well-built, has superpowers and has a beautiful wife. He's also a bit of a prick, is insane, abused his wife once and created a killer robot that's almost destroyed humanity on multiple occasions.

He's easy to hate I guess.

Also he was one of the people who thought up the Superhero Registration Act, starting the Civil War. So he indirectly killed Captain America. (please log in to view the image)

Last edited by Nephthys on Jul 1st, 2012 at 08:40 PM

Old Post Jul 1st, 2012 08:32 PM
the ninjak
FRINGE Division

Originally posted by Nephthys
He's one of the smartest men in the Marvel universe on top of being blond, attractive and well-built, has superpowers and has a beautiful wife. He's also a bit of a prick, is insane, abused his wife once and created a killer robot that's almost destroyed humanity on multiple occasions.

He's easy to hate I guess.

Also he was one of the people who thought up the Superhero Registration Act, starting the Civil War. So he indirectly killed Captain America. (please log in to view the image)

What's not to love cool

And that YellowJacket Pym that was a part of the Hero registration act was a filthy Skrull. FAIL. Filthy green people

Last edited by the ninjak on Jul 1st, 2012 at 08:49 PM

Old Post Jul 1st, 2012 08:46 PM
Bentley
Seitei

Originally posted by the ninjak
I agree on the win factor. The anti-blond remark is a shame.

I do think Pym would get more attention if he wasn't blond, I guess it would more justified if he was from eastern Europe like his wife. Nothing against the blonds, it just makes him less distinguishable as a character among the Avengers, and character-wise that IS a weakness.

For me that "generic blondness" is actually the only weak thing about the character, pretty adult -he was married twice!-, pretty haunted, pretty confident and with strong character.

Old Post Jul 1st, 2012 08:56 PM