KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » More Movie Forums » The Matrix Movies » Machines will take over!!

Machines will take over!!
Started by: Clavis

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Clavis
HOT

Warning Machines will take over!!

A friend of mine said that our body is only controlled by our nerve system ( electric impulses ) you know what I mean.
So in a few years time we can plug a machine into our nerve system and play computergames by movement you know by projecting it on screen.

cool huh eek! laughing

xxx Clavis

Old Post Sep 21st, 2003 05:59 PM
Clavis is currently offline Click here to Send Clavis a Private Message Find more posts by Clavis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sifer

What you on about m8, a British Scientist (If I remember correctly) is already the first official Android. He has devised a way to connect a computer to his nervous system (on his arm). From that the computer recieves ANY electrical impulses made and records them. They are using the data for creation of replacement arms, legs, etc

So it's already begun wink

Old Post Sep 21st, 2003 06:01 PM
Sifer is currently offline Click here to Send Sifer a Private Message Find more posts by Sifer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Clavis
HOT

Oh my god!!! eek! alien we're goin down baby

Old Post Sep 21st, 2003 06:06 PM
Clavis is currently offline Click here to Send Clavis a Private Message Find more posts by Clavis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Omega
Z10N0101

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/health/154545.stm
http://www.kevinwarwick.org/

I don't know if it means "mankind" is going anywhere but forward. We alreday use glasses, contact lenses, hearing aid, artifical limbs. If merging with machines make us better, why worry?

"I just thought you were a guy."
"... Most guys do."

Old Post Sep 21st, 2003 06:10 PM
The Omega is currently offline Click here to Send The Omega a Private Message Find more posts by The Omega Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Clavis
HOT

ehm why not worry like duh....
Haven't you seen the second renaissance

Old Post Sep 21st, 2003 06:14 PM
Clavis
HOT

YEAH SCOTLAND RULES

It's ( of course ) a scotsman that enters the first part of the revolution. yes

Old Post Sep 21st, 2003 06:16 PM
Red Texas
Fighting Agent Capitalism

I would consider a borg-merged society an evolutionary plus, not some dystopian hell to fear, because, thankfully, movies like the matrix, and dystopian novels/movies in hgeneral warn us of our power...

Then again, when you think about it, who's going to get the upgrades? The rich, or the poor?

you go to work. When you go to Church. When you pay your taxes.
It is the world that has been pulled over your eyes to blind you
from the truth.

Old Post Sep 21st, 2003 06:16 PM
Red Texas is currently offline Click here to Send Red Texas a Private Message Find more posts by Red Texas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Omega
Z10N0101

Clavis> I’ve seen Second Renaissance. Newsflash: It’s an animated short movie.

Red Texas> There are two discussions here: Is a man-machine meld a good or a bad thing. And who’ll get it. I’m not getting into the latter here. It’s like asking who’ll get all the cool genetic changes science will offer us within decades.

"... Most guys do."

Old Post Sep 21st, 2003 06:21 PM
The Omega is currently offline Click here to Send The Omega a Private Message Find more posts by The Omega Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Red Texas

Tjis could get dirty, because 'good' and 'bad' are very relative and subjective terms. relative to our species, merging with machines would be creating(in a sense) genetic diversity, which is a good(again, relatively) thing.

Although it's never fun to discuss the class angle of genetic and mechanical improvements to humans, it is numero uno in importance, so, we ask oursaelves, do we want a world where class becomes species?

from the truth.

Old Post Sep 21st, 2003 06:25 PM
Red Texas is currently offline Click here to Send Red Texas a Private Message Find more posts by Red Texas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sifer

Yes it might be an animated short movie but it really does sum up the arrogance of the human race quite nicely.

Old Post Sep 21st, 2003 06:25 PM
Sifer is currently offline Click here to Send Sifer a Private Message Find more posts by Sifer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Red Texas

The human race is no arrogant, it is an animal, which, like all others, procreates, and preserves itself, evolving and adapting collectively to new conditions of production and material well-being. Thus class and the state.

I've never taken to the whole "lets hate humanity for advancing" schpiel - it's simply not logical...

from the truth.

Old Post Sep 21st, 2003 06:28 PM
Clavis
HOT

I know but every animation and illusion in your life has a meaning I believe... alien It is only appropriate that you take it as a real thing in your mind so you dont get down at the end of it al....
( a quote from a latin prof ) and you know I'm only a Lo-tech gurl in a High-tech world

Old Post Sep 21st, 2003 06:28 PM
The Omega
Z10N0101

Sifer> What makes you think the entire human race is arrogant?

Red Texas> Let me try and explain better: A class-angle on, say, who’ll get any nifty implants, brain-improvements, and genetic enhancements, can hardly avoid turning into politics. And it’s a big “no no” here, because political discussions go awry in five minutes.
I love a good political debate anytime, but not every person who visits this forum, CAN do so without resorting to swearing, cursing, threats and other assorted non-niceties.
Hence the reason why I’m not getting into WHO’ll get all the nifty new stuff. It does, however, go without saying smile

"... Most guys do."

Old Post Sep 21st, 2003 06:30 PM
Red Texas

I have that problem too, as you could probably guess.(Being called god hater and evil commie, for starters smile)

I completely understand your reasoning here smile

from the truth.

Old Post Sep 21st, 2003 06:34 PM
Sifer

From dictionary.com:

1) Having or displaying a sense of overbearing self-worth or self-importance.

2) Marked by or arising from a feeling or assumption of one's superiority toward others: an arrogant contempt for the weak.

Human Race = above.

Old Post Sep 21st, 2003 06:34 PM
Red Texas

That's natural selection, friend. We rose to the top of the chain, and made sure we stayed there. There is NOTHING wrong with that.

from the truth.

Old Post Sep 21st, 2003 06:35 PM
Clavis
HOT

There is!!! God designed the world (according to the bible) for every creature to live in peace with the other
By killing them you interpreted it very different....

Old Post Sep 21st, 2003 06:50 PM
Clavis
HOT

HEY SIFER FOR YOUR INFORMATION I AM FEMALE SO NOT A M8!!!

Old Post Sep 21st, 2003 06:54 PM
Sifer

It isn't about the Bible.

But the fact we can't even stop killing ourselves. It isn't about us feeling superior to animals, but feeling superior against each other. Why is it so hard for someone to admit that we know jack shit, and as humans, flawed? Because we're arrogant.

Old Post Sep 21st, 2003 06:56 PM
Sifer

Errrm, I'm from the UK m8. Over here mate is often used to refer to someone as a friend, not a mate in the literal sense. So, don't be offended.

Old Post Sep 21st, 2003 06:57 PM