KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Sci-Fi / Fantasy » What's the best Sci Fi film ever made?

best science fiction movie?
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
star wars 88 67.69%
2001: a space odissety 23 17.69%
Blade runner 19 14.62%
Total: 130 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

What's the best Sci Fi film ever made?
Started by: Tex

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (16): « First ... « 11 12 [13] 14 15 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Patient_Leech
Blade Runner I think is a terrible movie.
Fixed.

Old Post Nov 10th, 2011 03:08 AM
Lord Lucien is currently offline Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Really, you think so? I mean, I don't really like it too much, but I probably wouldn't go that far.

Old Post Nov 11th, 2011 04:01 AM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr. Marshall
Rough Trade Minister

Blade Runner was awesome.

Old Post Nov 11th, 2011 04:07 AM
Mr. Marshall is currently offline Click here to Send Mr. Marshall a Private Message Find more posts by Mr. Marshall Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
rourke82
Blast the speakers

Terminator (1,2)
Alien(1,2)
The thing
Star wars (4-6)
Event horizont
The Sphere
Screamers
Blade Runner

Old Post Nov 15th, 2011 08:04 PM
rourke82 is currently offline Click here to Send rourke82 a Private Message Find more posts by rourke82 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NeoGills
Restricted

Account Restricted

In my opinion it's a star war

Old Post Nov 16th, 2011 12:01 PM
NeoGills is currently offline Click here to Send NeoGills a Private Message Find more posts by NeoGills Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
killerklowns13
Restricted

Account Restricted

bad taste, if you haven't seen it check it out for free at this link.
http://bmovies.com/movie/bad-taste

bmovies.com"the cinema wasteland"

Old Post Nov 18th, 2011 08:11 PM
killerklowns13 is currently offline Click here to Send killerklowns13 a Private Message Find more posts by killerklowns13 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ripley

This post is about a book, not a movie. I am just wondering how many people out there are familiar with John Varley's work, especially his Gaia (spelling?) Trilogy. Varleys early novels and short stories were some of most mind blowing stuff I have ever read. I would like to hear from some others what they think about him.

Old Post Dec 6th, 2011 05:42 PM
ripley is currently offline Click here to Send ripley a Private Message Find more posts by ripley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
fedrik

Blade is the best sci fi movie i have seen

Old Post Jan 24th, 2012 07:07 AM
fedrik is currently offline Click here to Send fedrik a Private Message Find more posts by fedrik Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
rudester
Tommy

Dune

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Jan 24th, 2012 08:16 PM
rudester is currently offline Click here to Send rudester a Private Message Find more posts by rudester Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Originally posted by rudester
Dune

(please log in to view the image)

Hm.. an original answer, at least. I consider myself a Lynch fan (though some of his recent stuff leaves me more than a little bit baffled). It's been a while since I've watched his version. I liked it, but thought some of the effects were a little dated. There's a made-for-tv version that's actually pretty good, too.

Old Post Jan 24th, 2012 10:19 PM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
siriuswriter

I know it's not a film, but "Tin Man" is my favorite sci-fi "thing."

It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live.

Old Post Jan 24th, 2012 11:48 PM
siriuswriter is currently offline Click here to Send siriuswriter a Private Message Find more posts by siriuswriter Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CadoAngelus
Zanpakuto

Originally posted by rourke82
Terminator (1,2)
Alien(1,2)
The thing
Star wars (4-6)
Event horizont
The Sphere
Screamers
Blade Runner

AHahaha, Screamers is just funny. Though i'll admit it was okay.

Other than that I completely agree with your choices.

I'd also add:
Bicentennial Man;
Serenity (and subsequently Firefly)
Star Trek II, IV, VI, VIII, X, XI (plus a few of the odd numbers)
The Avengers films (Iron Man, The Incredible Hulk, Thor, Captain America)

CadoAngelus - Savior, Conqueror, Hero, Villain.

Old Post Jan 31st, 2012 10:49 AM
CadoAngelus is currently offline Click here to Send CadoAngelus a Private Message Find more posts by CadoAngelus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darthmaul1

Originally posted by CadoAngelus
AHahaha, Screamers is just funny. Though i'll admit it was okay.

Other than that I completely agree with your choices.

I'd also add:
Bicentennial Man;
Serenity (and subsequently Firefly)
Star Trek II, IV, VI, VIII, X, XI (plus a few of the odd numbers)
The Avengers films (Iron Man, The Incredible Hulk, Thor, Captain America)

You liked star trek X nemipenis??
Whoa there were so many faults with that one. the only good NG movie was VIII first contact.

Old Post Feb 1st, 2012 02:18 PM
darthmaul1 is currently offline Click here to Send darthmaul1 a Private Message Find more posts by darthmaul1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CadoAngelus
Zanpakuto

Originally posted by darthmaul1
You liked star trek X nemipenis??
Whoa there were so many faults with that one. the only good NG movie was VIII first contact.

Ahh yeah, forgot about that. I did kind of like Nemesis, from the whole point of view of watching like I'd never watched Star Trek TNG Movies before, or even from the view that it was set in an alternative universe where the director probably based his ST-TNG knowledge on "Encounter at Farpoint" only and a box of Corn Flakes.

In all seriousness though, I did think it was a good film. Just not from the point of view of a die-hard TNG fan - which I fall a little short of. I mean, I could tell where there were serious flaws and it was cringe worthy, but I liked the concept. The synopsis of the plot was a very TNG-esk story, it just wasn't executed properly.

I loved First Contact, it definitely is my favourite TNG movie. Generations was an okay one, and I like the idea that whoever wrote the story was brave enough to actually kill off Kirk, instead of leaving him to a endless fate.

Old Post Feb 1st, 2012 03:08 PM
CadoAngelus is currently offline Click here to Send CadoAngelus a Private Message Find more posts by CadoAngelus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darthmaul1

Ahh yeah, forgot about that. I did kind of like Nemesis, from the whole point of view of watching like I'd never watched Star Trek TNG Movies before, or even from the view that it was set in an alternative universe where the director probably based his ST-TNG knowledge on "Encounter at Farpoint" only and a box of Corn Flakes.

In all seriousness though, I did think it was a good film. Just not from the point of view of a die-hard TNG fan - which I fall a little short of. I mean, I could tell where there were serious flaws and it was cringe worthy, but I liked the concept. The synopsis of the plot was a very TNG-esk story, it just wasn't executed properly.

I loved First Contact, it definitely is my favourite TNG movie. Generations was an okay one, and I like the idea that whoever wrote the story was brave enough to actually kill off Kirk, instead of leaving him to a endless fate.

In my head Kirk is still alive, cause it sucked the way he died.
Generations was just bad IMO. Why didn't Dr. Soran ( i think that is his name) just hop in a space suit and let the energy ribbon hit him? Data's emotion chip was taken too far. There were inconsistancies with the TV show and the movie, like scotty now know he is dead but in the TV show he figured he was alive. We are suppose to feel bad for Picard because he lost his family? We only saw them in one episode. and at the end he's scrambelling to find his photo album. when to me he should of been trying to find his flute (that he had in the alternate life in one episode) and he played in a few other episodes. IMO it just had more meaning.

Fo Nemisis, it was all over the place, they just happen to find the 2nd data and then they are attacked by the natives and automatically return fire (what happened to the prime directive?) and data's death (they were trying to recreate spocks death) but it failed cause they had the replacment so you didn't feel anything.

Old Post Feb 1st, 2012 07:22 PM
darthmaul1 is currently offline Click here to Send darthmaul1 a Private Message Find more posts by darthmaul1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CadoAngelus
Zanpakuto

Originally posted by darthmaul1
In my head Kirk is still alive, cause it sucked the way he died.
Generations was just bad IMO.

Not the way anyone would expect Kirk to die. I see where you're coming from. I would've expected him to die trying to sex an alien but getting th wrong hole and finding a poisonous spine, or being blown up in a ship...oh wait, they kind of did that at the start of the film.

quote:
Why didn't Dr. Soran ( i think that is his name) just hop in a space suit and let the energy ribbon hit him? Data's emotion chip was taken too far. There were inconsistancies with the TV show and the movie, like scotty now know he is dead but in the TV show he figured he was alive.

True, true and true. It did seem a bit forced - Soran's looking for the Nexus and Data's emotions.

quote:
We are suppose to feel bad for Picard because he lost his family? We only saw them in one episode. and at the end he's scrambelling to find his photo album. when to me he should of been trying to find his flute (that he had in the alternate life in one episode) and he played in a few other episodes. IMO it just had more meaning.

I know what you mean. I did wonder about the flute the last time I watched Generations.

quote:
For Nemisis, it was all over the place, they just happen to find the 2nd data and then they are attacked by the natives and automatically return fire (what happened to the prime directive?)

Hahaha, yeah, Prime Directive. The same rule they wouldn't let get of in Insurrection until they found out the Ba'ku were just hippies.

quote:
and data's death (they were trying to recreate spocks death) but it failed cause they had the replacment so you didn't feel anything.

I felt something over Data's death, but purely because B4 wasn't Data as such until the end of the film. But I think it was a way to kindly let fans know there was likely not going to be another TNG era movie.

Actually, come to think of it, that's what they tried for in Wrath of Khan by killing off Spock. Holy crap, we've got a cross-era attempt (and a bad one) at a remake.

Old Post Feb 2nd, 2012 10:01 AM
darthmaul1

I felt something over Data's death, but purely because B4 wasn't Data as such until the end of the film. But I think it was a way to kindly let fans know there was likely not going to be another TNG era movie.

Actually, come to think of it, that's what they tried for in Wrath of Khan by killing off Spock. Holy crap, we've got a cross-era attempt (and a bad one) at a remake.

I do believe it was their plan to kill Spock and bring him back in the next movie. they had the idea in the works already. while filming II
For me the only BAD on of the original crew was V all the rest were good.
I was boring as sh1t but i liked the story.

Old Post Feb 2nd, 2012 07:06 PM
CadoAngelus
Zanpakuto

I quite liked the Final Frontier. Though it's not considered canon anymore apparently.

And I know the ST EU isn't strictly considered canon either, but I like to think of the movie with respect to the book Shat-ner wrote about the "God being" being trans-dimensional and that the Q put it there in hopes it wouldn't be able to wreak havoc on the galaxy.

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2012 10:31 AM
darthmaul1

I quite liked the Final Frontier. Though it's not considered canon anymore apparently.

And I know the ST EU isn't strictly considered canon either, but I like to think of the movie with respect to the book Shat-ner wrote about the "God being" being trans-dimensional and that the Q put it there in hopes it wouldn't be able to wreak havoc on the galaxy.

I read a book years ago I can't remember the name of it but it involved Q and terlaine from the original squire of gothos. It was a great read.

Old Post Feb 4th, 2012 07:46 PM
Tor__Hershman
Universal Toilet Cleaner

Methinks I'd vote for "The Day The Earth Stood Still."

Attachment: 8 hot tats.jpg
This has been downloaded 20 time(s).

Old Post Mar 6th, 2013 09:13 AM
Tor__Hershman is currently offline Click here to Send Tor__Hershman a Private Message Find more posts by Tor__Hershman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote