No, Neo is not the anomaly, Neo WAS the anomaly in this iteration of the Matrix: there is a difference. Neo has ascended above the physical, even in the matrix, meaning he is no longer a man containing just a code randomly inserted, but he has become APART of the matrix, ascended, become whole, good and bad, Yin and Yang, Neo and Smith...His body, in 01, is very dead, but he is alive.
Neo has ascended, meaning he is now part of the coding of the matrix, able to keep changing it, still able to free minds, im guessing.
joeboy> the matrix will not be finished until EVERYONE plugged in is freed and the humans have helped the machines create an alternate energy source, or cleaned the air...the machines will continue growing humans until this happens, and the humans will continue to free humans. But adults will not be freed, they will have to spend their lives in the matrix.
I got a little confused after watching Revolutions.
Here are my questions:
1) How did Neo end up in a Train Station?
2) [SPOILER - highlight to read]: How did Neo get the power to destroy sentinels in the Real World? As first seen at the end of Reloaded.
3) [SPOILER - highlight to read]: Why can Neo "see" the machines glow in the Real World?
4) [SPOILER - highlight to read]: What really happened to Smith after he cloned himself in Neo? Is it like the same in Matrix 1?
5) [SPOILER - highlight to read]: Why exactly would Agent Smith be a threat to the machines? He exists in the Matrix which the machines control. Also, even though Smith starts to control humans in the Real World, the machines will eventually destroy almost all of them anyway.
6) [SPOILER - highlight to read]: Simply declaring "Peace" by humans and machines doesn't change the fact that the Machines still need power to survive! How will they get that power if they let the 'other humans' go? The architect may not be human but he's not stupid either.
I do have other questions and theories to some of my questions also, but I wanna hear from you guys first. What do you guys think?
Jedi> Do you really believe that the machines need the humans to help them clear up the sky? I believe that the machines only keep the matrix because it helps keep the peace. This has been discussed before anyway...
first things first, you dont need to use spoiler tags if you put spoiler in the title....now that thats outta the way...
1) his mind was placed there when he realized he had the power to touch the source in the real world
2) His mind touched the Source, and he gained a connection to it, thus, he can "control", to a certain degree, all machines.
3) see above
4) basically, except this time, it destroyed Smith, rather than creating the virus.
5) once Smith finishes destroying the matrix, he will crash it, and allow him to use the connections to get to the source and use the source to destroy the machines.
6) the humans will not all be freed, they must a) know the truth and b) want to leave...also, their mind has to be young, otherwise they will already be so used to the matrix their mind will have trouble letting go...plus, even if they stopped growing more humans, they still have fields of them...this would be sufficient to allow the machines and humanity to either a) clear the skies or b) find an alternate solution to the power of machines.
FOR THE MOTHERLAND!!
Last edited by JediHDM on Nov 9th, 2003 at 02:20 AM
Priest> Well, I think now that we have the third movie out it's reasonable to rethink some of the topics we've already discussed. We might look at them in a different light now. Of course now that I've said that, I'm sure it's gonna come back to bite us.
1. When Neo destroyed the sentinels the first time, he used his connection to the source for the first time. The Merv found out that Neo could do that and while Neo was in a comma (because of the stress his mind was put in by excercising his newly-acquired abilities) he captured his mind and put it in Limbo. Then Neo woke up. If his mind wasn't captured he would wake up in his bed.
2. Because he has touched the source his mind is connected wirelessly to the source and ultimately to all the machines.
3. It is one of the abilities he acquired when he touched the source along with destroying sentinels. He had the ability before he got blind but he didn't use it because he didn't need to (and he didn't know he had it).
4. Yes. But the machines loaded their antivirus program through Neo and destroyed Smith.
5. Do you control a virus that has infected your system?
6. Who said the machines will stop using human beings as batteries?
yes, i think they do...they are very methodical, but they cannot think like we do...even though they are AI, they are still artificial...plus, we know where the old libraries and stuff are, we could probably find schematics that show the antidote...there are reasons
I don't think that people kept data written in books (given the year and the technological level they were) but in a optical/magnetic medium. And machines control these mediums. Thus the machines have access to the humans' technological library. But then I think that maybe they kept it in books so that the machines would never find a way to clear the sky themselves.
from the comics, we know that libraries, buildings, campuses were left intact...there had to have been SOMETHING the humans had that explained both what the scarring was and how to end it...the humans had to know that, if it worked, they would need to undo it...
dejio> the humans must know the truth, or that there is the possibility that this world isnt real, before they can accept that there is another world. Neo wouldn't have ever gotten out of the matrix if it hadn't been for Morpheus giving him the information that there is more than meets the eye.
also, and this is refering to priestjims answers, the humans beings cannot all be freed from the matrix, otherwise they will all die, (see my post). the ones that want out will be freed, but there will be those that do not want out. as for deleting or reformatting...if you do either of these, all the humans will die, and the Matrix will crash, destroying the Machines power source.