KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Music Discussion » My Official Pop Punk Hate Thread!!!

My Official Pop Punk Hate Thread!!!
Started by: slasherpunk18

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (7): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
TheExposed
Guitar Junky

when you use the word "poseur" what do you mean by it, do you even know or are you using it because its the cool thing to do.

Last edited by TheExposed on Sep 1st, 2004 at 04:26 AM

Old Post Sep 1st, 2004 04:20 AM
TheExposed is currently offline Click here to Send TheExposed a Private Message Find more posts by TheExposed Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Revan
-

khalla> It's not "poseur", it's "poser". "Poseur" isn't a real word. roll eyes (sarcastic) The way I like to think of it, "poseur" is the word posers use to describe themselves.

I don't like using the word poser much either, but there are few other ways to describe Good Charlotte, New Found Glory, Simple Plan, and Avril Lavigne.

having nothing but a hyphen under my name makes me look so xhardxcorex. like a felon.

Old Post Sep 1st, 2004 04:35 AM
Darth Revan is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Revan a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Revan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
khalla

You might want to look that up in a dictionary it actually is spelt poseur and the definition is One who affects a particular attribute, attitude, or identity to impress or influence others. here see for yourself...
http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=poseur

Old Post Sep 1st, 2004 04:38 AM
khalla is currently offline Click here to Send khalla a Private Message Find more posts by khalla Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheExposed
Guitar Junky

so unless you personally know them i dont think you can really call them a poseur

Old Post Sep 1st, 2004 04:40 AM
TheExposed is currently offline Click here to Send TheExposed a Private Message Find more posts by TheExposed Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Revan
-

quote:
Originally posted by khalla
You might want to look that up in a dictionary it actually is spelt poseur and the definition is One who affects a particular attribute, attitude, or identity to impress or influence others. here see for yourself...
http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=poseur

Hmm, interesting. Notice, though, that it also says:

pos·er
n.
One who poses.
A poseur.

So the words "poser" and "poseur" are synonomous. Ergo it doesn't matter which one you use. no expression

TheExposed> A "poser" is somebody who thinks they're something they're not. It's most commonly used to describe people who think they are "punks" but fail to understand that it's not about how much metal you can stick in your face, or how much ink you have in your skin, it's just an "I don't give a shit" attitude. Kurt Cobain didn't have a lot of tattoos or piercings, but he was just about as punk as they come.

having nothing but a hyphen under my name makes me look so xhardxcorex. like a felon.

Old Post Sep 1st, 2004 04:49 AM
Darth Revan is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Revan a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Revan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
khalla

So just because GC has piercings and tatoos and not the right attitude their poseurs...?

Old Post Sep 1st, 2004 04:53 AM
khalla is currently offline Click here to Send khalla a Private Message Find more posts by khalla Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheExposed
Guitar Junky

Kurt Cobain didnt give shit what other people thought about him and i dont think any of these "poseur" bands care either they all just care about one thing: The Music. So what if they happen to like piercings or tattoos, so what if you think they're trying to hard to be "punk" punk is so cliquey now anyways and most of them know that, but they just want to have some fun, make some music. and thats probably the only thing they care about.

Old Post Sep 1st, 2004 04:55 AM
SlipknoT
Restricted

Account Restricted

No, they just suck

Rob Owns You, Barbarossa, Tired Hiker, Fearnix, Ronny, Raven Guardia, Wolflet, DEM, spidergrl, Dr. Strangelove, eggmayo, Filth, Korri, JM, Ken Kenobi, ~Sir Mist~, Lana

Old Post Sep 1st, 2004 04:56 AM
SlipknoT is currently offline Click here to Send SlipknoT a Private Message Find more posts by SlipknoT Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheExposed
Guitar Junky

then dont listen to them

Old Post Sep 1st, 2004 04:58 AM
khalla

Hey well thats a good idea

Old Post Sep 1st, 2004 05:33 AM
SlipknoT
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote:
Originally posted by TheExposed
then dont listen to them
I dont

Rob Owns You, Barbarossa, Tired Hiker, Fearnix, Ronny, Raven Guardia, Wolflet, DEM, spidergrl, Dr. Strangelove, eggmayo, Filth, Korri, JM, Ken Kenobi, ~Sir Mist~, Lana

Old Post Sep 1st, 2004 05:35 AM
SlipknoT is currently offline Click here to Send SlipknoT a Private Message Find more posts by SlipknoT Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Df02

quote:
Originally posted by khalla
So just because GC has piercings and tatoos and not the right attitude their poseurs...?

no because they try to embrace every single aspect of punk stereotype, trying to pass themselves off as punks....when, by doing what they do, theyre pretty much proving theyre not

TotalFormat Forums
tomorrow is so far and I no longer want to find a replacement for all these pictures that are lost in my mind

Old Post Sep 1st, 2004 12:34 PM
Df02 is currently offline Click here to Send Df02 a Private Message Find more posts by Df02 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Revan
-

^yes

Like I said, being punk isn't about looking a certain way. And I really can't understand why GC would want to have so much shit all over themselves except to fit the punk stereotype.

Old Post Sep 1st, 2004 02:47 PM
TrAnCeDuO
Cyan-Assassin

quote:
Originally posted by TheExposed
then dont listen to them

Apparently youve missed the entire point of this thread.We know these people suck.We have heard their music. And we hate them for it. So therefore this thread is dedicated to hating them. if you dont like it then go away, but if you dont then dont ***** about us ruining your crappy bands!

As for hoobastank they aernt punk.They are pop-rock and i see nothing wrong with pop because a majority of rock music in general these days seems to be dominated by a bunch of whiny crybabies. Especially GC! Quit crying about suicide and let them get on with it already! Its not their place to encourage their view on that kind of decision!

Made by "The Ones"

Old Post Sep 1st, 2004 06:28 PM
TrAnCeDuO is currently offline Click here to Send TrAnCeDuO a Private Message Find more posts by TrAnCeDuO Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
slasherpunk18
Pro Wrestling Fan

quote:
Originally posted by Darth Revan
^yes

Like I said, being punk isn't about looking a certain way.

Exactly.Punk isn't just a style or a kind of music.It is an attitude and an idea.

BTW,if you poser rock defenders think the term poser is wrong,then i'll throw out another one to shut you the **** up.Fake.It means basically the same thing.But I know you like it in dictionary form,so here's one for ya:GC is as fake as Pam Anderson's ****.
Now leave you "posuers",you have been banished.

-Anonymous

"Only those bold enough to chase dreams are the ones who catch them."

-Wrestlemania XX trailer

Old Post Sep 1st, 2004 11:15 PM
slasherpunk18 is currently offline Click here to Send slasherpunk18 a Private Message Find more posts by slasherpunk18 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TrAnCeDuO
Cyan-Assassin

^another thing that annoys me... can we please drop this stupid issue? not everyone speaks english...
Katana, Gatana
tomato,tomahto
katar, quatar
chrono,crono,chrno
christ people its the same thing! WHO CARES!?
every country has their own spelling and such...so dont be a conformist ass about it!(im talking to you Khalla!)

Made by "The Ones"

Last edited by TrAnCeDuO on Sep 2nd, 2004 at 03:13 AM

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2004 03:11 AM
TrAnCeDuO is currently offline Click here to Send TrAnCeDuO a Private Message Find more posts by TrAnCeDuO Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
slasherpunk18
Pro Wrestling Fan

I never got mad at anybody for that.

-Anonymous

-Wrestlemania XX trailer

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2004 10:13 PM
slasherpunk18 is currently offline Click here to Send slasherpunk18 a Private Message Find more posts by slasherpunk18 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TrAnCeDuO
Cyan-Assassin

well i did because its not worth talking about!

Made by "The Ones"

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2004 10:52 PM
slasherpunk18
Pro Wrestling Fan

Yeah,it's kinda stupid.BTW,nice avatar.

-Anonymous

-Wrestlemania XX trailer

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2004 11:50 PM
TrAnCeDuO
Cyan-Assassin

thanks...you have a nice one as well...is that from dawn of the dead?

oh yeah...by the way i used to love greenday...but they have whored themselves recently out therefore my hatred knows no limit for them...

Made by "The Ones"

Last edited by TrAnCeDuO on Sep 3rd, 2004 at 01:54 AM

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2004 01:51 AM