KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Book Discussion Forum » Should Deltora Quest become a Movie

Should the series Deltora Quest be made into a movie/ movies?
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Yes 93 69.40%
No 11 8.21%
Mabye 10 7.46%
Never heard of Deltora Quest 20 14.93%
Total: 134 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Should Deltora Quest become a Movie
Started by: Elanna Riddle

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (164): « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
flee the evil 1
within

firstly, i luv all the characters in DQ, which is a good thing seeing as if i hate a character that ur suposed to like i won't enjoy the story. i guess if i had to pick my absolute fav would be Doom of Lief.

as for ages, i really couldnt imagine Lief and Jasmine being any older then 18. as for the others im not sure.

Old Post Mar 16th, 2005 09:35 AM
flee the evil 1 is currently offline Click here to Send flee the evil 1 a Private Message Find more posts by flee the evil 1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
RockandLove
Rodeo Angel

Yeah. that's what I guessed also. My friend thinks there 13 but she only thinks that because SHE wants them to be 13. Today she made a thing called Jasmine snaps. Its hillarious. If n.e one wants to see it tell me and I'll post it here...

Old Post Mar 16th, 2005 08:51 PM
RockandLove is currently offline Click here to Send RockandLove a Private Message Find more posts by RockandLove Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
RockandLove
Rodeo Angel

oops sorry I was on my wrong name...I'm also *SnOwAnGeL*. I have a thing with angels if ya'll are wundering.

Old Post Mar 16th, 2005 08:52 PM
RockandLove is currently offline Click here to Send RockandLove a Private Message Find more posts by RockandLove Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BardaBlobO.o
Bounty Hunter Bob

am i the only person who likes barda? Barda is the best! You guys need to figure that out. u all like leaf but if leaf and barda fought u all know who would win...... anyways i wanna see the jasmine clips and TELL ME WAT HAPPENS IN THE END OF SOTS!!!!! tell me

Old Post Mar 16th, 2005 10:49 PM
BardaBlobO.o is currently offline Click here to Send BardaBlobO.o a Private Message Find more posts by BardaBlobO.o Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
RockandLove
Rodeo Angel

I like Barda. He cool. why don't u just read sots to find out what happens?

BTW does n.e one find it funny (besides me) that Jasmine grew up in trees and she likes a guy named Lief???

Old Post Mar 17th, 2005 01:37 AM
flee the evil 1
within

Yeah, it's something to have a good laugh over. i'm very likely to find most things like that hilarious laughing

Old Post Mar 17th, 2005 05:32 AM
flee the evil 1 is currently offline Click here to Send flee the evil 1 a Private Message Find more posts by flee the evil 1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
RockandLove
Rodeo Angel

My friend and me are making up songs that should go with scenes with Deltora. Here's what we came up with.

Jasmines theme: I made it throught the wilderness

Liefs them: (unknown)

Barda's theme: (Unknow)

Shifting sands: The gypsy song...

Toran Magic: do you believe in Magic

Flying on Dragons: I believe I can fly.

THats all so far

Old Post Mar 18th, 2005 12:27 AM
Elanna Riddle
Fanfiction Author

Hey everyone haven't been on in a while.
I've read all you're posts.big grin
BTW, has anyone have any idea to get the adress or email of an Author, cause before DQ becomes a movie we have to ask Emily Rodda first as it IS her story.
Any way i got bored the other day, and decided to do what i though could be an opening scene for DQ, if it was a movie.
if you want i'll post it, next time, but i'm not a very good, script writter, its how i pictured they could introduce the whole, Belt, Adin, the invasion/when the gems got stolen.
WITHOUT anyone finding out about the switch with Endon and Jarred. (Sorry if you haven't read Return to Del)
As i said its probally not very good, as i only started learning how to script write, last year when i started Drama. But then i always bag out my own writting.
So if you want me to post it, let me know.

Oh and Barda's cool, cause if it wasn't for him, they would of never gone into Wenn Del, and would of gotten rescued by Jasmine.
Plus i wouldn't mind a friend who would jump out of a pouch of a flying Kin, into a raging sea to save me either, like Barda. (Isle of the Dead)

Old Post Mar 19th, 2005 01:05 AM
Elanna Riddle is currently offline Click here to Send Elanna Riddle a Private Message Find more posts by Elanna Riddle Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
lief2345
warrior for god

ok rodeo thingy magigy dont make fun of dq or i kkkiiiiiiiiilllllllllll u times wat ever num,ber is biggest btw if jasmine was real and was my age i would so be going out with her and anyone who has anything to say about it dies and so ellana you cant get a hold of er (emily rodda) well thats not good!!!!!!!!!!
sad

Old Post Mar 19th, 2005 01:48 AM
lief2345 is currently offline Click here to Send lief2345 a Private Message Find more posts by lief2345 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
RockandLove
Rodeo Angel

huh? when did I make fun of Dq??????????????? mad

Old Post Mar 19th, 2005 05:18 AM
RockandLove
Rodeo Angel

OK b4 that person accuesed me of making fun of Dq and I got mad I was going to ask u all somthing...Was SOTS the last Dq book ever????

Old Post Mar 19th, 2005 05:21 AM
flee the evil 1
within

i hav a feeling that SOTS might be the last sad

Elanna Riddle:- you should post your script, i would very much like to read it!

Old Post Mar 19th, 2005 05:34 AM
Elanna Riddle
Fanfiction Author

Okay but don't laugh.
They haven't really left Del yet, if its good i'll try and write more and put it on fanfction.net

Old Post Mar 19th, 2005 06:17 AM
Elanna Riddle is currently offline Click here to Send Elanna Riddle a Private Message Find more posts by Elanna Riddle Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Elanna Riddle
Fanfiction Author

Just to let you know, i got bored in the summer holidays and started writing this so i wouldn't go insane. laughing
Here it goes. eek! Tell me what you think (be prepared its long)
(Stuff in brackets are usually camera movements, :wackosmile
Deltora Quest-Script

Part.1 The Forests of Silence- Prelude.
(Inside the blacksmith forge, explores the room.)
Jarred-Deltora was once a beautiful and futile place, it was covered in lush grass, and had clear blue skys, the air was always fresh and pleasant. In the ancient days, Deltora was divided into seven tribes.
(Scenes of battle, between tribes)
Though they fought, on their borders they usually kept to themselves.
(Scene of a chief, with a talisman hanging around, their neck)
Each had a gem, from deep within the earth, a talisman with special powers.
({Back to Blacksmith forge}Camera continues to explore a room, until, it finds Lief, age ten, sitting on the floor, listening to Jarred, talking)
Jarred looks sad. Jarred- Then came the dark times, when the Enemy, from across the mountains cast its sight on Deltora, singly, the tribes could not drive this invader back.
A lone blacksmith, named Adin, full of strength, courage and cleverness, rose up to find a way to defeat this enemy.
(Scenes of Adin, making the belt)
Crafting a belt he saw in a dream, he set out to the chieftains of the seven tribes, persuading them the only way to flush out this invader was to unite, as one.(Scenes of Adin heading out to the tribe chieftains.)
The tribes were suspicious at first, but desperate to save their land, they agreed. As every gem was added to the belt, the tribes got stronger.
(Adin stands, with the Toran tribe, and adds the Amethyst to the Belt)
When the belt was at last complete…
(Adin claps it around his waist, and it flashes like the sun)
As Adin fasten it around his waist it flashed like the sun, and the Shadow Lord was driven out.
Adin never took off the belt, in his life after that, he knew the Enemy would be waiting for a time of weakness.
Over time, the kings and Queens of Deltora, started to neglect the Belt, and 10 years ago, the Shadow Lord struck, with such a force at the palace nobody really knows what happened. (Scenes of The night, the Shadow Lord struck, people screaming, and three cloaked figures running out of a secret passage near the palace to the forge, a quick glance at one shows 'Jarred', as he looks back at the palace, looking up to see an Ak-Baba, flying of into the distance.)(camera goes back to Jarred telling the story, and Lief watching him)
Jarred-Nobody knows what happened to King Endon, and his Queen, Sharn as they fled that night, the belt was striped of the gems, or what become of the royal couple and their unborn child, the one person that could save us all, You see Lief(bends over and looks Lief straight in the eye) only the true heir of Deltora, wearing the Belt, can rid our land of the Shadow Lord, remember that.
(blacks out, words Deltora Quest- in golden letters appear)

(Dark alleyway, in Del, two grey guards, walk past , the words six years later appear at the bottom, after the grey guards pass, 16yr Lief pokes his head around the corner of the wall, you see the guards go around the corner up the street, Lief makes a run for it down the road, and runs into the forge, breathing hard, his father limps up to him)
Jarred says in a stern voice -Lief, where have you been you know its forbidden to be out after sunset.
Lief looks at the ground.
Lief-I lost track of time, I’m sorry
Jarred, stares for a moment- as long as your safe that’s the important thing, come we have much to talk about.
Lief looks curious, and follows Jarred into the main room, of the forge, his mother is sitting there, making the finishing touches to a cloak of some kind.
Anna- Hello Lief, I’m glad your home, happy 16th birthday.(as she hands him the cloak) may it keep you safe
Lief smiles- thankyou mother. (as he takes the cloth)
Jarred, reaches under his chair, and pulls out something long wraped, in cloth.-here this is also for you.
Lief unwraps the cloth to find a sword, he looks confused-why are you giving me a sword father, it’s not like I could use it as a blacksmith.
Jarred, sighs, and lifts something out from under his shirt.
Lief, stares-Is that?
Jarred- yes it’s the Belt of Deltora.
Lief-How..?
Jarred-I used to be Endon’s friend growing up, I livied in the palce, but the chief advisor Paradine saw me as a threat, and tried to dispose of me, so I came here, later of course Paradine was killed, when he tried to kill, myself and the King and Queen, the day the Shadow Lord invaded, he was pushed out the window, by Sharn, as he peered out it.
Lief-looks astouned.-What must I do? (as he looks at the belt)
Jarred-find the gems, then the Belt will lead you to the Heir.
Lief-I won’t let you down.
Anna looks sad- You’re things are already packed.
Lief- You knew I would go
Anna-Your father, wanted to go the minute, the gems were stolen, It was only natural you’d do the same.
Jarred-I would go with you Lief, as it is not wise to travel the countryside alone, but when that tree fell on me, when you were younger, it was out of the question.
Lief- So I must go alone
Jarred-I didn’t say that, you will have a compainion just not me(he motioned at the door)
An old pedler walks, in, hunched.
Jarred-Barda will accompay you on you’re Quest.
Lief looks at Barda strangely.
Barda- It seems you are not happy, with this aragnement young Lief
Lief just stares.
Anna- Don’t tease, him Barda, show yourself for who you really are.
Barda throws, off his ragged cloak, and stands tall. Looking like and entirely differnt person
Lief’s mouth opens slightly in surprise.
Anna- Barda used to be a palace guard. Luckly he fled the Palace, before, before the invasion. He's been, hiding as a begger since then.
Barda -And beging a begger has it's advantages, Grey Gurads talk freely, freely, infront of me while I was in disguse.
Jarred -And thanks to that information we know now is the time to start this Quest, while the Shadow Lord's attention is elsewere.
Lief - When do we leave?
Barda -Tommorow at Dawn.

That's it so far, i had to cut one or two chapters out of it, to keep the mystery, of the heir, secret.
If i write more and you want more, tell me and i'll post it or, tell you a website you can go onto.
BE honest in your opion. stick out tongue

Old Post Mar 19th, 2005 06:49 AM
RockandLove
Rodeo Angel

That's good Elanna Riddle. I am writing a sequal to sots. Lief's daughter makes the shadow lord come back and Lief Barda and Jasmine have to go on another quest to destroy him again. And all the evil animals are back to. (I know I'm weird...but I was bored to.) big grin

Old Post Mar 19th, 2005 03:43 PM
Elanna Riddle
Fanfiction Author

You like my script big grin
Thanks, I'm thinking of putting it on Fanfiction.com
And its not THAT werid to write Fanfiction. I have about hundred on my PC.
Most are HP fanfic though.
But i do have a few DQ ones. I wrote them before SotS came out, and as freaky as it is, i guessed that Lief would have a daughter and twin boys.
Most of them a crossovers, though.
You know HP and DQ.
But about three of them involve me going threw a portal and ending up in Deltora, where i have magical powers, and i help save the day.
(So i fantisie going to Deltora, go on laugh) raver laughing
Anyway thanks for reading my script, it has given me the confidence to countie writting it.
Who knows, if i finish the first series, i could end up being the one of the youngest screenwritters
eek!

Yeah right like that will happen.
But if there is no news on a DQ movie, by the time i finish the script writting. I might send it in Emiy Rodda.

Sorry brainstorming on a future career here, ignore me.
wacko
What kid doesn't dream about becoming rich and famous..... big grin
Thanks again for reading my script. (I've gotton up to Jasmine and th e Wennabar, now. cool )

Old Post Mar 19th, 2005 10:21 PM
RockandLove
Rodeo Angel

Somtimes I think what it would be like to be in Del. But then my cousin ruins it all cuz she hates Deltora.(Don't ask me why.). And she says I would suk at eveyone. I don't think I would. I think I could maybe make a good Jasmine. (ok..I did fall out of a tree once and get stitches. So maybe I wouldn't make a good Jasmine.) But I could play somebody... confused

Old Post Mar 19th, 2005 10:53 PM
Elanna Riddle
Fanfiction Author

rodeoangel, you could play Jasmine.big grin
And with all the acrobatics in the trees she does.... Well, that's what stunt doubles, harneses and special effects are for. stick out tongue
I wouldn't mind playing someone, but I'd probally be more a Marlien or a Faith shifty {evil laughter} But then again, i'm almost the same age as Jasmine was in the Forests of Silence......so Marlien would be a better choice for me. (Age wise)
I also would like to be Jasmine, as she's my fav charater, but I would be happy with being an extra, in the background. I don't care if i'm Girl#1 who runs around screaming, in the background, as long as i have something to do with it. I just hope they do auditions in Austraila. (Lousy HP rule, for all British cast mad i cried when i found that out, HP is my 2nd fav book) {1st DQ, 2nd Hp, 3rd SoUE)
Or mabye i could be the voice of Prin.
(GO THE LITTLEST KIN)
Cause she'd be computer generated, or something......

Old Post Mar 20th, 2005 01:33 AM
lief2345
warrior for god

ok if i was to be anyone id be lief or the sl (shadowlord) and it isnt odd to fantasize your selves as cool characters if any of the girls here would go out with any boy on dq who would it be

Old Post Mar 20th, 2005 01:57 AM
lief2345 is currently offline Click here to Send lief2345 a Private Message Find more posts by lief2345 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
RockandLove
Rodeo Angel

I started typing my story the websight is http://www.matmice.com/home/toranmagic88 so if anyone wants to read it u can. I didn't type all of it cuz I got bored.

Elanna Riddle I hope they do the auditions in Austrailia to. Even though I live on the oher side of the world (U.S.A.) I am copletely obsessed with Austrailia and would give n.e. thing to go there. So if I do get the part of Jasmine (or n.e. one else) I would have an actuall excuess to go there because my parents won't take me there now. (I'm moving there when i'm older though. I made up my mind already. lol.) laughing

Old Post Mar 20th, 2005 01:58 AM