KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Role Playing » Star Wars: Role Playing » USH'S STAR WARS GAME- CAMPAIGN II EPISODE II (LIGHT SIDE)- Arms Race

USH'S STAR WARS GAME- CAMPAIGN II EPISODE II (LIGHT SIDE)- Arms Race
Started by: Ushgarak

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (122): « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Fire

*bows* "Greetings Chancellor, Masters. The short notice is not a problem we are at the councils command as always."

(Ush they expecting input from as at this time?)

Be smart, be cool, be sexy = be LIBERAL!

Old Post Jan 5th, 2005 11:51 AM
Fire is currently offline Click here to Send Fire a Private Message Find more posts by Fire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Yup.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Jan 5th, 2005 12:02 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Delfedd
Beware of the Dark Side

*Delfedd bows to the masters* perhaps if we found who was trying to murder the viceroy and the jedi who passed into the pirates turf, we'd find a connection.

a public service anouncement (put in your Sig)

Old Post Jan 5th, 2005 12:11 PM
Delfedd is currently offline Click here to Send Delfedd a Private Message Find more posts by Delfedd Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

"The Viceroy's would-be assassins are dead," says Windu, speaking up. "As is the pirate leader near Anzat. The assailant on Neimodia was Jor Balek, a problem of old for us but now disappeared without a trace.

"All of these people were tools. It is in trying to uncover their organisers that we run into difficluties. Especially as the chief suspect you have presented to us is a Vice-President of the Techno-Union."

"Carlan Ryamore is not only a Vice-President," says Palpatine, not turning. "He is the Director of the Union's Outer Region sales. Probably the number three man in the entire organisation. Entire lobby groups of Senators are in the pocket of this man. I cannot stress strongly enough just how delicate this matter is."

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

BtVS

Last edited by Ushgarak on Jan 5th, 2005 at 01:36 PM

Old Post Jan 5th, 2005 12:24 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jaybee3
Lorn

"Excuse my intervention but 'Outer region' sounds more like black market if you ask me." Said Lorn Synically on the matter at hand, speaking up for the first time. "Do we know who he has been supplying to? Albeit Carlan has a wide net under which he could sell, if we find records of any dubious activities then surely that would give us a clue into anyone who might hold something against him."

Click the Sig to see more art by me, thanks in advance - Jaybee3

Last edited by jaybee3 on Jan 5th, 2005 at 02:43 PM

Old Post Jan 5th, 2005 02:38 PM
jaybee3 is currently offline Click here to Send jaybee3 a Private Message Find more posts by jaybee3 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
~JP~
yeah baby

"Judging by the way our foe has covered his tracks to date, I would say it's unlikely there are any records to find." states Clarion. "Perhaps we could send Someone inside their organization?"

Old Post Jan 5th, 2005 02:54 PM
~JP~ is currently offline Click here to Send ~JP~ a Private Message Find more posts by ~JP~ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fire

(oki JB you lost me what do you think he is selling on the blackmarket?)

Old Post Jan 5th, 2005 03:01 PM
Fire is currently offline Click here to Send Fire a Private Message Find more posts by Fire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jaybee3
Lorn

(Brain Implants for the slaves)

Old Post Jan 5th, 2005 03:11 PM
jaybee3 is currently offline Click here to Send jaybee3 a Private Message Find more posts by jaybee3 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fire

(okie I'll have to read the conclusion of the slaves thingy again cause I don't see hwo the Techno Union would be sellnig those on the black market)

Old Post Jan 5th, 2005 03:14 PM
jaybee3
Lorn

(Don't take me for golden, i'm new. I was just suggesting possible links)

Old Post Jan 5th, 2005 03:52 PM
Fire

(now Ush did we find out who made those brain implants in the first place?)

Old Post Jan 5th, 2005 03:56 PM
Delfedd
Beware of the Dark Side

sure.

a public service anouncement (put in your Sig)

Old Post Jan 5th, 2005 04:17 PM
Delfedd is currently offline Click here to Send Delfedd a Private Message Find more posts by Delfedd Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fire

"I for one am still wondering about Carlan his motives. I mean what does he have to gain from this whole situation?"

Old Post Jan 5th, 2005 06:04 PM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Well, Roan has has some samples of the chips analysed. They certainly COULD have come from the Union. Unfortunately that proves bugger all; the Techno Union supplies some 3/4s of companies that do anything with technology. The chips might have been simply assembled from purchased Union parts.

"Outer Region" means the area outside the central part of the Republic. The Techno Union has several sales directors, but the Outer Region is the single largest sales area. In fact, the Union has a virtual monopoly out there; worlds that far out tend to be much more backwards than the Core Worlds, and depend on technology imports to keep up. The Union meets that supply; the person in charge of that has a major job.

However Roan's problem demonstrated the main issue. The Viceroy's assassins are most likely Techno Union security- but it is not as if they were carrying id cards. Roan and Xeth's entire suspicions are based on a tip off- the source is trusted, but that's not proof. Marcus and Vlad- all they have is a photo that shows Carlan was interested in Trade Federation business.

All of you have cause to believe he's the man. All of you instinctively feel you are on to something. But none of you have proper evidence!

You have been offered one motive- Xeth's contacts in the Taloranians believe the Techno-Union is supplying new weapons technology- like the brain implants- to dubious soruces in order to test their effectiveness. They are certain that is why the battle droids were let slip to the Hutts two years ago, and think the pattern is repeating now. Successful tests could certainly boost Ryamore's sales margins. And he seems to be involved in political machinations on Neimodia that COULD involve him in the plot to kill the Viceroy... hard to say.

But you are certainly missing bits of this puzzle, Marcus- your Intuition is sure of that.

Nit a bad idea, Clarion- but you might want to talk to Xeth about what has happened to those who tired before you. Sadly, at this point, you have no time to set up an undercover operation, nor could you get authorisation without evidence. These contacts of Xeth interest you though, Clarion- they do not seem averse to action in the name of justice, even if it is of fuzzy legality. The Council, of course, is straight as an arrow.

"On the other hand," says Windu, "too much has happened, and we have had too many indications of malfeasans, for us to simply ignore it."

Palpatine finally tuens and sits. Normally, he is amiable and jolly and sociable, and whilst he still wears a smile, he is speaking in deadly earnest this time.

"If you launch an investigation into Ryamore with no direct evidence, his political allies will launch a legal challenge. You will be surprised how quick the Courts will suddenly become if they do, and the investigation will be shut down. I do not speak in praise of what will happen. I am merely pointing out the truth. Large parts of the Republican bureaucracy that took power over the ladt 100 years, I am yet to dislodge from their positions."

BtVS

Old Post Jan 5th, 2005 07:02 PM
Fire

"So since we evidently can't go after Carlan without further evidence. I assume we will need to find more evidence, tho it won't be easy. Or do you have another idea in mind?"

Old Post Jan 5th, 2005 07:19 PM
~JP~
yeah baby

Clarion agrees with Master Marcus. Perhaps we could find a way to talk to Xeth's associates?

Old Post Jan 5th, 2005 08:38 PM
~JP~ is currently offline Click here to Send ~JP~ a Private Message Find more posts by ~JP~ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Pretty shady guys. Still, Xeth has the contact, so he can make use of it.

BtVS

Old Post Jan 5th, 2005 08:53 PM
~JP~
yeah baby

Is it a feasible plan?

Old Post Jan 5th, 2005 08:58 PM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

To talk to them? Sure- but they won't supply more info than you already have, they did all that alrwady. They might offer Xeth some adivce, but the last thing they asked him to do was to make sure that the Jedi launch an investigation! Hence his presence.

BtVS

Old Post Jan 5th, 2005 09:06 PM
~JP~
yeah baby

Hmmmmm how do we launch an investigation, if we are being told that such an investigation would lead to legal difficulties?

Old Post Jan 5th, 2005 09:16 PM