KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Champion of the Universe VS Superman

Champion of the Universe VS Superman
Started by: long pig

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (8): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
K Von Doom
Second fiddle

quote: (post)
Originally posted by nigel45
He was fighting the writers and owners of DC, who decided it was time for him to die. No matter how good he was, or who he was fighting, he wasn't going to win.

So he could've been fighting the Joker and he still would have lost? eek!

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2005 09:22 PM
K Von Doom is currently offline Click here to Send K Von Doom a Private Message Find more posts by K Von Doom Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JWangSDC

I guess you have to figure that Wonder Woman can stand her own against superman....and Champion is both stronger and more skilled in the arts of fighting. You kinda have to think of him like Batman with Superman's strength...

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2005 10:46 PM
JWangSDC is currently offline Click here to Send JWangSDC a Private Message Find more posts by JWangSDC Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Wynndar
ThunderCat

Champion isnt 200 or 100,000 years old, i thought he was basically created immediately after the universe itself...that is a lot of fighting experience...there is no denying champion is one of the best fighters in Marvel. He CAN fly, and he is fast, he cant move around as fast as superman probably (since marvel encorporates science into their writing), but he can certainly fly just as fast if not faster. And what is heat vision to someone who wields the power cosmic? Athough he doesnt use it often, Champion can blast fools...also, in his first appearance he was using the power cosmic for matter manipulation and teleportation to such a high degree it would have made Galactus look bad. The battle with Thing is irrelavent because he didnt want to beat the Thing by out powering him. He was obviously more powerful than Thing or any other earthling. He wanted to beat the Thing in a fair boxing match...not based on power. Champion has shattered entire planets too. I think he is kinda like a suped up gladiator type character who always loses to make other people look good. And when he was beat by She-Hulk her strength was vastly increased, and i think Drax had the power gym that time he knocked him out with surfer, but im not sure. Drax would crush Superman too. Champion should beat Superman...at least on paper.

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2005 11:45 PM
Wynndar is currently offline Click here to Send Wynndar a Private Message Find more posts by Wynndar Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cosmic Cube
I don't have any friends.

Originally posted by Jason8200
Ok first of all... even though you chose to use Champions strongest form and one of Supermans weakest and discredited any appearance that Chamion has made in comics... Superman would still win. He barely beat the Thing... and got beat by She Hulk... those are the facts. She Hulk is weaker than the Hulk and Superman beat the Hulk in Marvel vs DC. Face facts... dont make up your own.

Champion of the MARVEL Universe while on Earth is capable of lifting 100 tons. So he is class 100.

Champion of the MARVEL Universe does have cosmic power and he is an immortal but he can not use his cosmic power to fire energy from his body since he channels it inside of himself to make his body its peak. He is a master fighter and spends all of his free time developing his fighting skills. He might be able to take Superman if they were in a close environment. Superman though would be smarter than to let himself stay close enough to Champion.

While they share a lot of similar powers Superman has heat vision, flight, super speed, and he is more intelligent than Champion of the MARVEL Universe.

If Superman was a Marvel character they all would be happy that he is a good guy. If not it would be Game Over for that universe.

I've never seen such overestimation of Superman. Shame on you.

I could name a hundred Marvel characters that would singlehandedly hand Superman his ass. A lot of folks on this forum act like Superman can't be beat without kryptonite, magic, or energy absorption. He can, and has been, knocked out. There are plenty of characters that could take down Superman in hand to hand combat. Champion of the Universe is one of them.

Old Post Mar 23rd, 2005 12:45 AM
Cosmic Cube is currently offline Click here to Send Cosmic Cube a Private Message Find more posts by Cosmic Cube Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
juggernaut74
Bigsexy

99 more to go.

The price of fame is high and the Thing cant pay the way.

Old Post Mar 23rd, 2005 12:54 AM
juggernaut74 is currently offline Click here to Send juggernaut74 a Private Message Find more posts by juggernaut74 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cosmic Cube

Want me to name 'em?

Old Post Mar 23rd, 2005 12:58 AM
Cosmic Cube is currently offline Click here to Send Cosmic Cube a Private Message Find more posts by Cosmic Cube Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
juggernaut74
Bigsexy

yea. All 100 guys who can beat Superman without Kyrptonite, Magic and abosortion of his solar power. This should be interesting.

Old Post Mar 23rd, 2005 12:59 AM
juggernaut74 is currently offline Click here to Send juggernaut74 a Private Message Find more posts by juggernaut74 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cosmic Cube

Damn. 1 sec.

Old Post Mar 23rd, 2005 01:04 AM
the Darkone

thanos
tyrant
maestro
thor(odinforce)
captain universe
silver surfer
morg(water of life)
count nefaria
Ronan the accusser
beta ray bill
frogotten one
sersi
ikaris
destroyer
juggernaut
kurse
drax
adam warlock
magus(dark warlock)
blackbolt
rogue
dark phoenix
onslaught
apocolypse
nate grey (shaman)
overmind
odin
exodus
the runner(elder of the unvierse)
the new she hulk

Old Post Mar 23rd, 2005 01:16 AM
the Darkone is currently offline Click here to Send the Darkone a Private Message Find more posts by the Darkone Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
the Darkone

cosmic cube show him what's up

Old Post Mar 23rd, 2005 01:18 AM
the Darkone is currently offline Click here to Send the Darkone a Private Message Find more posts by the Darkone Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
juggernaut74
Bigsexy

Oh you already did.

Old Post Mar 23rd, 2005 01:19 AM
Cosmic Cube

Well, here's quite a few.

Any Celestial
Binary
Phoenix (all)
Nate Grey
Sentry
Franklin Richards
Silver Surfer
Firelord
Rachael Summers
Adam Warlock
Thor
Beta-Ray Bill
Rick Jones
Surtur
Terminus
Gladiator
High Evolutinary
Molecule Man
Terrax
Magneto
The Absorbing Man
Moondragon
Mephisto
Onslaught
Black Bolt
Death
Trader
Obliterater
Captain Universe
Cosmic Spiderman
Thanos
Gilgamesh
Mentor
Airwalker
Stryfe
Astronomer
Apollo
Hulk
Morg
Destroyer(armor)
Redshift
Juggernaut
Inferno
Tempest
Gardener
Doop
Apocalypse
Runner
Goblyn Queen
Shadow King
Drax
Destiny
Collector
Dr. Strange
Magik
Captain Marvell
Quasar
Adversary
Annihillus
Contemplator

Old Post Mar 23rd, 2005 02:55 AM
Draco69
Snarky Slytherin

MoonDragon, no. Unless she has the mind gem.
The rest are fine.

Blackbolt, Quasar, and the Hulk are debatable.

Good job.

Old Post Mar 23rd, 2005 03:06 AM
Draco69 is currently offline Click here to Send Draco69 a Private Message Find more posts by Draco69 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cosmic Cube

Moondragon always has the mind gem, she's part of the infinity watch. Even without it, she could overcome Superman telepathically.

Hulk has beaten Superman. He and Superman are 1 for 1.

Blackbolt can obliterate Superman with a whisper.

Quasar can manipulate any form of electromagnetic energy, and fly at lightspeed.

All of the people I listed can beat Superman.

Old Post Mar 23rd, 2005 03:28 AM
Draco69
Snarky Slytherin

Moondragon is no longer part of the Infinity Watch. She wielded the Mind Gem as a member of Adam Warlock's Infinity Watch; however the team soon broke up, relinquishing their Infinity Gems to Adam Warlock. MM was unable to pierce Superman's mind. I severely doubt Moondragon could.

And Thor got his ass handed to him by Superman. We both know crossovers are bull.

Blackbolt could win. However Superman could just utilize his superspeed to relentlessly attack Blackbolt before he blinks. Or just tear off the fork on his head.

Quasar is pretty formidable. If Superman manages to attack first than Quasar goes down. Quasar can fly at lightspeed in space only. The Nega-Bands restrict this option on Earth.

The rest are fine.

Old Post Mar 23rd, 2005 03:37 AM
Draco69 is currently offline Click here to Send Draco69 a Private Message Find more posts by Draco69 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cosmic Cube

Moondragon is far more powerful than Martian Manhunter, even without the mind gem. She can and will overcome Superman. The Infinity Watch has not disbanded. Moondragon possesses the Infinity Mind Gem to date.

There is no doubt that Hulk can beat Superman. Superman may be more likely to win, but Hulk could certainly beat him.

This is Superman. Not the Flash. Superman can move at about Mach 10. He never attacks anyone in a flurry, and I doubt he can. Why would Superman tear the fork off of BB's head? He doesn't even know it's purpose. Any use of BB's vocal chords will result in Superman's destruction. BB wins.

Quasar does not use the Nega bands. I think you're referring to Captain Marvell. Quasar uses the Quantum bands; he can and has flown at lightspeed in the earth's atmosphere. He will certainly attack Superman first.

All of them can beat Superman.

Last edited by Cosmic Cube on Mar 23rd, 2005 at 03:53 AM

Old Post Mar 23rd, 2005 03:49 AM
Cosmic Cube

Edit - double post.

Old Post Mar 23rd, 2005 03:52 AM
kgkg
Vigilante

Any Celestial lol there can be countless so there is your 100 rite there.

Stay Thirsty, My Friends.

Old Post Mar 23rd, 2005 03:54 AM
kgkg is currently offline Click here to Send kgkg a Private Message Find more posts by kgkg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
nigel45
The Amazing

Originally posted by K Von Doom
So he could've been fighting the Joker and he still would have lost? eek!

Yeah, pretty much.

Old Post Mar 23rd, 2005 03:58 AM
nigel45 is currently offline Click here to Send nigel45 a Private Message Find more posts by nigel45 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Draco69
Snarky Slytherin

Dude, I have TOHOTMU Women of Marvel 2005 in my hand right now. It includes Moondragon. She no longer possesses neither the Dragon of the Moon nor the Mindgem. The team disbanded. As of now she "resumed her travels alongside her new love interest Phyla, Genis's sister" Stop exaggerating her abilities.

Both Superman and Hulk are capable of winning.

Superman has launched several superspeed attacks. Against Zod, against Ultraman, against Doomsday, he used it relentlessy against some predator wannabe in the recent Jim Lee series. DC has finally captatlized on his superspeed. The fork GLOWS. A quick microscan would tell Superman that the fork may be something to look at.

I meant the Quantam Bands. Sorry. Too many bands in the Marvel Universe. Quasar cannot fly at lightspeed on Earth. The Quantum Bands restrict such actions. (OHBOTHMU Avengers: 2005) Space however is not a problem. Quasar doesn't zip around at lightspeed all the time. If he could then he wouldn't have gotten tagged by Kree laser in the Disassembled event.

Hulk and Quasar can beat Superman. Moondragon and Blackbolt are out of the question.

Old Post Mar 23rd, 2005 03:59 AM