KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Harry Potter » Book Six : Harry Potter And The Half Blood Prince [merged]

Book Six : Harry Potter And The Half Blood Prince [merged]
Started by: Ass Goblin

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (156): « First ... « 152 153 [154] 155 156 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
ladygrim
The Grim piratess

i can big grin

Old Post Jul 18th, 2005 06:44 PM
ladygrim is currently offline Click here to Send ladygrim a Private Message Find more posts by ladygrim Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JesuseyGoodness
Restricted

Account Restricted

[QUOTE] From OotP "I can't," said Harry, "I've got a lifelong ban, remember?" "Aucutally, ' Ginny corrected, "You've got a ban as long as Umbridge is here."

The Trio of Fire lives!!!!! However the flame may filcker, it's light will guide the world!

Old Post Jul 19th, 2005 12:55 AM
JesuseyGoodness is currently offline Click here to Send JesuseyGoodness a Private Message Find more posts by JesuseyGoodness Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kella
I hit an armadillo, hard.

quote: (post)
Originally posted by master harmax
I can't believe Dumbledore is dead.... can't believe she killed off Dumbledore ...

...but he isn't gone. He may be dead, but he's not gone. He'll still help Harry in the final book. Otherwise, JKR wouldn't have really mentioned Dumbledore's portrait appearing in the Headmaster's office...would she?

These books own me. Fer reals.

Old Post Jul 19th, 2005 03:35 AM
Kella is currently offline Click here to Send Kella a Private Message Find more posts by Kella Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheSun

Originally posted by Kella
...but he isn't gone. He may be dead, but he's not gone. He'll still help Harry in the final book. Otherwise, JKR wouldn't have really mentioned Dumbledore's portrait appearing in the Headmaster's office...would she?

Portraits can only repeat catchphrases, they don't have a mind of their own. Harry isn't going back to Hogwarts in Book 7.

Old Post Jul 19th, 2005 07:05 AM
TheSun is currently offline Click here to Send TheSun a Private Message Find more posts by TheSun Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Phantom
Angel of Music

Yea, so it doesn't matter if the portraits has a mind of its own or not (THOUGH THE HEADMASTERS AND HEADMISTRESS PORTRAITS DO WORK ON THEIR OWN!) he wont be seeing Dumbledore because he wont be at Hogwarts.

Thank you Neha for the sig!
This years Musical: Little Shop of Horrors (sig for it hopefully coming soon)

Old Post Jul 19th, 2005 07:22 AM
The Phantom is currently offline Click here to Send The Phantom a Private Message Find more posts by The Phantom Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
daeri

I feel so sad now sad

Old Post Jul 19th, 2005 08:05 AM
daeri is currently offline Click here to Send daeri a Private Message Find more posts by daeri Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheSun

Originally posted by NightCrawler341
Yea, so it doesn't matter if the portraits has a mind of its own or not (THOUGH THE HEADMASTERS AND HEADMISTRESS PORTRAITS DO WORK ON THEIR OWN!) he wont be seeing Dumbledore because he wont be at Hogwarts.

Then JK has made a mistake. Go tell her.

Old Post Jul 19th, 2005 10:49 AM
TheSun is currently offline Click here to Send TheSun a Private Message Find more posts by TheSun Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Phantom
Angel of Music

Oh yea. Thats real easy. I will go to the nearest starbucks and suddenly find her there and tell her.....

Old Post Jul 19th, 2005 10:52 AM
The Phantom is currently offline Click here to Send The Phantom a Private Message Find more posts by The Phantom Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheSun

Oh yea. Thats real easy. I will go to the nearest starbucks and suddenly find her there and tell her.....

Doesn't matter, she hasn't made a mistake anyway. I've explained the catchphrase thing in another thread.

Old Post Jul 19th, 2005 10:54 AM
The Phantom
Angel of Music

I saw it, and still don't agree.

Old Post Jul 19th, 2005 11:17 AM
TheSun

I saw it, and still don't agree.

You can't just go and say that JKR is wrong about her own book

Old Post Jul 19th, 2005 11:21 AM
The Phantom
Angel of Music

I am saying I don't agree, i'm not saying JKR is wrong.

Old Post Jul 19th, 2005 12:10 PM
TheSun

I am saying I don't agree, i'm not saying JKR is wrong.

Well if she's right, then how can you disagree? Unless you want to be wrong...

Old Post Jul 19th, 2005 02:38 PM
Kella
I hit an armadillo, hard.

I've found that the portraits change according to how they are being used. They seem to respond to people...and yes, Harry will return to Hogwarts and to the Black estate. Harry may not go to Hogwarts to attend school, that I can be certain of, but I am also certain that he will be there at some point in the book.

The only people left in the world that he can turn to besides Ron and Hermione are still going to be there. There are still answers in Dumbledore's office. There is still danger there. And I think it will be where the final showdown is.

I've never read anywhere that the portraits just repeat catchphrases and if it was said...it was probably so that the students don't take advantage of that convenient situation.

These books own me. Fer reals.

Old Post Jul 19th, 2005 06:08 PM
Kella is currently offline Click here to Send Kella a Private Message Find more posts by Kella Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ladygrim
The Grim piratess

^ i agree ...you cant just cut hogwarts out that much straight away

Old Post Jul 19th, 2005 06:54 PM
ladygrim is currently offline Click here to Send ladygrim a Private Message Find more posts by ladygrim Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CherryWings
I See Hell In Your Eyes

She could... she doesnt seem to have a problem killing off Dumbledore messed

But Hogwarts rules way 2 much *goes off to create personal Hogwarts*

Ne hoo, Dumbledore mustve known about Snape coz he gave him the DADA job, which he knew wud be over in a year... So i say its his own fault :P

http://www.knightfight.co.uk/?ac=vid&vid=63016104

Old Post Jul 19th, 2005 07:48 PM
CherryWings is currently offline Click here to Send CherryWings a Private Message Find more posts by CherryWings Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Phantom
Angel of Music

Originally posted by Kella
I've found that the portraits change according to how they are being used. They seem to respond to people...and yes, Harry will return to Hogwarts and to the Black estate. Harry may not go to Hogwarts to attend school, that I can be certain of, but I am also certain that he will be there at some point in the book.

The only people left in the world that he can turn to besides Ron and Hermione are still going to be there. There are still answers in Dumbledore's office. There is still danger there. And I think it will be where the final showdown is.

I've never read anywhere that the portraits just repeat catchphrases and if it was said...it was probably so that the students don't take advantage of that convenient situation.
When you say Ron and Hermione will be there with him, you know others will sneak along in the adventure. We all know Ginny, who has been pretty sneaky like Fred and George lately, will tag along, hiding, or out in the open, going with them. And Luna lives down in the Village near Ron. Remember the fourth book, Mr. Diggory said the Lovegoods(sp?) where already there. Also, I think Neville will find his way in, he is too important of a character to be left out.

Old Post Jul 20th, 2005 12:51 AM
Elessea

yes yeah, I think "the six teenagers" will team up again, at least for a while...but in the end harry will have to go on alone, like with the sorcerors stone

Old Post Jul 20th, 2005 02:07 AM
Elessea is currently offline Click here to Send Elessea a Private Message Find more posts by Elessea Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Elessea

yes yeah, I think "the six teenagers" will team up again, at least for a while...but in the end harry will have to go on alone, like with the sorcerors stone

Old Post Jul 20th, 2005 02:07 AM
Elessea is currently offline Click here to Send Elessea a Private Message Find more posts by Elessea Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkC
-KMC THREAD KILLER-

It's pretty funny that some people think that Snape's still on the good side after the events of HBP.

Bored? Amuse yourself with Tower Defense!

Old Post Jul 20th, 2005 02:15 AM
DarkC is currently offline Click here to Send DarkC a Private Message Find more posts by DarkC Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote