KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Harry Potter » Book Six : Harry Potter And The Half Blood Prince [merged]

Book Six : Harry Potter And The Half Blood Prince [merged]
Started by: Ass Goblin

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (156): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Phoenix
Luna Lovegood

Neville will DEFINITELY have a larger part - it may even turn out that [SPOILER - highlight to read]: neville is the boy who can vanquish the Dark Lord

Old Post Aug 3rd, 2003 06:57 PM
Phoenix is currently offline Click here to Send Phoenix a Private Message Find more posts by Phoenix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
snlovergirl

except that Neville doesnt have the mark

made by Godshinto
-------------------------------------------
My new life motto:
"Procrastinate now, don't put it off."- Ellen Degeneres

"Now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb."- Spaceballs

Old Post Aug 3rd, 2003 11:32 PM
snlovergirl is currently offline Click here to Send snlovergirl a Private Message Find more posts by snlovergirl Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Phoenix
Luna Lovegood

yeh, but book five says that [SPOILER - highlight to read]: it could've been harry OR neville, its just that VOLDEMORT decided it was harry, and he coulda been wrong. so harry only has the mark because his mother died for him and voldie's curse bounced back off this ancient protection

Old Post Aug 4th, 2003 09:52 AM
Phoenix is currently offline Click here to Send Phoenix a Private Message Find more posts by Phoenix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
doomboy
Droog.

quote:
Originally posted by Phoenix
yeh, but book five says that [SPOILER - highlight to read]: it could've been harry OR neville, its just that VOLDEMORT decided it was harry, and he coulda been wrong. so harry only has the mark because his mother died for him and voldie's curse bounced back off this ancient protection

Oh please! You really think that after 5 novels, J.K. Rowling's gonna turn round and tell us that Harry isn't the star of the show? Good grief.
I'd say that J.K. put that bit of the prophecy in there so people would start thinking along those lines. It's a red-herring.

I agree that Neville will start playing a larger role in the next two books, but I doubt he'll be the saviour of the wizarding world.

DB xxx

Old Post Aug 4th, 2003 07:47 PM
doomboy is currently offline Click here to Send doomboy a Private Message Find more posts by doomboy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ladyblueyes
captain of volleyball

totally agree with u! neville wont be the savior of the wizarding world! good gracious u think that j.k. would do something that stupid?? yea right

Old Post Aug 4th, 2003 08:59 PM
ladyblueyes is currently offline Click here to Send ladyblueyes a Private Message Find more posts by ladyblueyes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
deafmonkey

no, it wasnt neville, because dumbledore said that there is no doubt that it is harry.

and it said voldemort would mark him as his equal. And he gave harry the scare that proved it.

Old Post Aug 5th, 2003 02:56 AM
deafmonkey is currently offline Click here to Send deafmonkey a Private Message Find more posts by deafmonkey Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
crazy_c
Very Tired

ya

Old Post Aug 5th, 2003 12:32 PM
crazy_c is currently offline Click here to Send crazy_c a Private Message Find more posts by crazy_c Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Omega
Z10N0101

Okay, so now that we agree Harry is Voldemorts equal (as JK lets Dumbledore point out there is NO doubt about), on with the rumour mill.

The problem is, there is nothing on the net yet. A few scant rumours of a title, but nothing even about a publishing date. I read somewhere that JK may publish 8 books instead of 7.
Any comments?

"I just thought you were a guy."
"... Most guys do."

Old Post Aug 6th, 2003 01:49 AM
The Omega is currently offline Click here to Send The Omega a Private Message Find more posts by The Omega Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
doomboy
Droog.

Well she's only contracted for seven books.
Unless Bloomsbury offer to extend it to an 8 book deal, it'll just be 7. I mean, if she's already written the story in 7 parts, an eighth book will mean having to fit a whole new chunk of the story in. Which means a lot more writing, which means more delays.
Probably.

DB xxx

Old Post Aug 6th, 2003 12:30 PM
doomboy is currently offline Click here to Send doomboy a Private Message Find more posts by doomboy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Anarion
J.

Man, and Book 5 took so long. What was it.. 2 years?

Old Post Aug 6th, 2003 12:57 PM
Anarion is currently offline Click here to Send Anarion a Private Message Find more posts by Anarion Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
doomboy
Droog.

Yes, but during writing, she suffered writers block, and had a baby. They tend to take up a lot of time on their own.
If she has the story planned out for the next two, then they shoudln't take too long.

*fingers crossed*

DB xxx

Old Post Aug 6th, 2003 01:03 PM
r_shadix

Harry Potter Book 6

Harry Potter and the Secret of the Veil is the tentative title for the sixth book in the amazing Harry Potter series. PLEASE NOTE: This is not official; it has not been confirmed or denied by J.K. Rowling, but the title obviously refers to an event in the sixth book that involves Sirius and the Department of Mysteries . . . I won't spoil it! smile

Old Post Aug 15th, 2003 10:35 PM
r_shadix is currently offline Click here to Send r_shadix a Private Message Find more posts by r_shadix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Phoenix
Luna Lovegood

*SPOILERS* Book Six *SPOILERS*

I've looked up a few spoilers for Book Six off the net - feel free to add your own!

Old Post Aug 21st, 2003 11:30 AM
Phoenix
Luna Lovegood

Some of these are just theories, some are guesses, and some have actually been confirmed!

Old Post Aug 21st, 2003 11:32 AM
Phoenix
Luna Lovegood

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: We've all heard that Dumbledore knows pretty much everything that goes on at Hogwarts. He also didn't care if he lost all his acclaim except taking his face off the chocolate frog cards. Perhaps Dumbledore is using the chocolate frog cards of himself in the same way that the portraits of old headmasters spy on others. After all, look at all the times Harry and Ron have gotten chocolate frog cards with his picture on them.

Old Post Aug 21st, 2003 11:32 AM
Phoenix
Luna Lovegood

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: From what was said in book five, it would be logical to assume that Harry is Sirius's heir. So not only will Harry inherit Sirius's fortune and properties, but he will be the owner of 12 Grimmauld Place, and Kreacher's master. Harry is therefore going to have to control his feelings regarding the betrayal of Sirius (from Kreacher), and will have more responsibilities.

Old Post Aug 21st, 2003 11:33 AM
Phoenix
Luna Lovegood

obviously, not all of these are ACTUAL spoilers, per se, but Jk keeps a tight wrap on her books, this is hard going!

Old Post Aug 21st, 2003 11:34 AM
Phoenix
Luna Lovegood

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: Percy wrote a letter for Ron which attacked Harry and Dumbledore - or so it seems! If the letter is read in another way, warnings for the group begin to appear: advice about Umbridge taking control of Hogwarts; Possible removal of Dumbledore from the Headmasterīs office; the Minister of Magic trying to portray Harry as a psychotic guy; and lots of others. Could this suggest Percy is working for the Order (undercover), and perhaps Mr. Weasley and Percy, in the need of a cover staged the fight?

Old Post Aug 21st, 2003 11:34 AM
LilyGinnyBlack
Harry and Ginny Forever

Wow, those are some really good theories! I wish I could give some, but my brother gave my fifth book to his friend and told me the day he left to go to school in California! mad Stupid brother! ::sigh:: I wonder if Sirius' motorcycle will have any importance later on? It must, I mean, JK made it so that Hagrid arrives on Sirius' motorcycle, then Harry awakes from a dream and remembers dreaming about a motorcycle, and then Uncle Vernon goes on to start talking trash about motorcycles! Something is going to happen with motorcycles, I assume! Anyway, so I guess I did make some kind of theory or guess or something! stick out tongue

You don't hear me say...

Please, oh baby, don't go...

Simple and clean is the way that your making me feel, tonight...

It's hard to let it go...

Simple and Clean, Kingdom Hearts theme song big grin

LilyGinnyBlack

http://hgnetwork.co.uk/fate
Harry/Ginny Network
Harry/Ginny fan... Forever! love

Old Post Aug 21st, 2003 11:44 AM
LilyGinnyBlack is currently offline Click here to Send LilyGinnyBlack a Private Message Find more posts by LilyGinnyBlack Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mg16
I Heart Dead Guys

wow, those r gud! eek! i can easily c how those would work, try 2 find summore, those were very great! smile

10 Years

Old Post Aug 21st, 2003 01:58 PM
mg16 is currently offline Click here to Send mg16 a Private Message Find more posts by mg16 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote