KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » General Fiction Area » Harry Potter Fiction » ~She Loves Me Not~ (Danfic)

~She Loves Me Not~ (Danfic)
Started by: RaDiOdOrK

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (7): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
RaDiOdOrK

aiight thanks guys I never want to hear "Are you gonna post more" again big grin

TWENTY-THREE

Melissa's eyes drifted over Adrian's features lazily as she intertwined their fingers. They sat idly on her thick lounge room rug, assignments at their side, listening to the hum of the ceiling fan.

She couldn't have been more content with the last few days. Apart from successfully suppressing the urge to call Shauna, and overcoming the disappointment from her lack of calls, Melissa had, in addition managed to be summoned to the Headmistress's office a total of three times that week. She'd left smiling every time.

Much to the women's disgrace, Mel had proved to be a model student and although the Headmistress hadn't been able to prove otherwise, she had pulled Melissa up for 'being inappropriate' with Adrian in the school building, and was now banned from using classrooms before hours. This was, in Mel's opinion, a pathetic but direct sabotage of her grades, as Melissa had needed all the time she could get in the Art room to keep up.

She sighed and leaned into Adrian, breathing in his scent of masculinity.

'Got anything?'

'Nup'

They were supposed to be preparing their final Major piece of the year, and Mel was feeling less stupid knowing that he didn't have any ideas either.

'Let's not do anything'

'k'

Melissa smiled to herself, musing at their lack of communication, but all the same, loving their connection. Every time she was with him, although it hadn't been much more than a week, she had almost wished Shauna was there to see them, just to return the inadequate feeling that Mel had held whenever she was with Shauna and Daniel.
Skimming the numerous photos of herself that coated the walls, she began to wonder whether Adrian would interest her anymore if her and her friend made up, but decided that it didn't matter, as long as she was content at the moment.

'I've got twelve minutes' Deidre thought, anxiously wiping her stained eyes.
It had become part of her schedule the past few days. Coming home from school, crying silently in the bathroom and then practising her smile for a full five minutes before Danika got home from track.

Jai refused to speak to her, look at her, or acknowledge her in anyway, and when she came home, her family held a disapproving air towards her. Deidre was used to this attention, but things seemed to be affecting her more drastically than usual. She hugged her stomach in desperation.

Eventually, it began to get dark and Deidre let her once-secret tears fall as she fixated her eyes on the bedroom wall, in realisation that her sister wouldn't be home to catch her.

The front door slammed shut, shaking the walls around her and angry mumbles echoed down the extensive hall. Deidre wiped her eyes with a start and tentatively peered out of her partially open door, startled.

She made her way into the kitchen area, approaching her father who was turned away from her, still mumbling.

'Hey Pa'

Her father turned around from the breakfast bar with a start, narrowing his eyes on her with interest. His eyes were bloodshot and Rum fumes attacked Deidre's senses with his every exhale.

'Take a seat'

Deidre pulled out a dining chair, a little taken-aback by her parent's formality.

'Um, how was work'

'Shit. As usual. Why all the questions?'

Deidre caught sight of her dishevelled reflection in the kitchen window, and directed her gaze to her clenched hands.

'You're drunk.'

'Of course I'm ****ing drunk. It's a work night, I'm a grown man and I have plenty to be drinking about.'

Instead of meeting his eyes, Deidre thought it would be safer to stow away in her room at least until her mother was home. She slipped out of her chair, and just as she approached the archway, her father spoke again, just audibly.

'My daughter's a whore'

His words were followed by a chuckle, as if he shared a private joke with himself. Deidre heard his chair scrape back and her skin tightened as she turned to face him.

'Look at you' He sneered at her, swaggering closer and pausing before her, unfocused from the drink.

'What?' Deidre clutched herself protectively, eyes watering again.

'We gave you everything. And look what a good family makes you turn out as. A whore.'

Deidre's eyes narrowed, offended, but she took a step back all the same.

'How dare you-?'

Her fathers hand reached out to her face before she had a chance to move. The blow to her head resulted in a collapse to the cold, hard wooden floor. Deidre shuffled away in an attempt to escape, his second blow connecting with her ribs, a poor aim, from what Deidre guessed was supposed to get her stomach. She screamed out when the breath returned to her body, but her father had already left to his room in a drunken solitude.

Less than half an hour later, a shaking, bruised and pregnant sixteen year old arrived at the doorstep of her last resort laden with a hastily packed bag.

The door opened and the occupant was met with her pleading eyes.

Old Post Nov 1st, 2005 12:22 PM
RaDiOdOrK is currently offline Click here to Send RaDiOdOrK a Private Message Find more posts by RaDiOdOrK Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cutie_pie13
4eva young

so are you gonna post more?????? JOKIN,LOLsmile

sig done by piggle

Old Post Nov 1st, 2005 03:30 PM
cutie_pie13 is currently offline Click here to Send cutie_pie13 a Private Message Find more posts by cutie_pie13 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Brunette Angel

Heh, has Diedre's dad ever abused her before?
It's kinda sad that he does that...

Ron, Harry, Hermione - Anime!

Old Post Nov 1st, 2005 10:54 PM
Brunette Angel is currently offline Click here to Send Brunette Angel a Private Message Find more posts by Brunette Angel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
RaDiOdOrK

I guess once is too many times..

TWENTY-FOUR

No hint of remorse or sympathy crossed Jai's face as he stared at the weeping mess on his door step. Deidre remained almost motionless, her bag at her side, clutching her stomach with her eyes fixated on his.

A fear pulsated through her body as she realised he could just slam the door in her face, and he would've been right to. The agonizing silence continued and Deidre gritted her teeth, letting her eyes fall as he scrutinized her.

She heard the door creak and looked up to see him holding it open for her with a grim expression. She picked up her bag and followed Jai inside, tears of gratitude now streaming down her cheeks.

A slender woman entered the dimly lit lounge with a towel over her shoulder and a worn expression on her ageing face.

'It's okay Mum’ Jai spoke reassuringly, 'She's a friend.'

A smile spread across the woman's lips and she stepped forward to greet Deidre, stiffening a little at the sight of a protruding stomach on the young girl's tiny frame, and bruises that adorned the left side of her face.

She hesitated. 'I'll set up a room for you.'

Jai led the way into a nearby bedroom, the walls collaged in pictures of scantily clad females and the desk and floor hidden with books and piles of paper. Deidre perched herself on the end of the bed and looked up at him anxiously, seeing only his back as he left the room again.

Moments later he returned with a towel, 'Shower is down the hall,' he informed her in a monotonous tone, 'Mum'll show your room.'

Deidre made her way down the hallway in almost darkness, and slipped inside the tiled room. She lay her clothes neatly on the edge of the vanity and stepped under the spray, sitting on the floor as the water soothed her sores and bruises. She brought her knees up to her body and dropped her head, the heat running freely down her neck and back, and this time, she didn't care who heard her cry.

Jess pressed her face against the doorway, defeated.

'Danny.. I don't know what else to say! I'm sorry, and I've never felt so pathetic, just let me in..'

Daniel sat motionless in his room, listening to Jess' pleas. He glanced sideways into the mirror on his wall and ran his fingers over the bruise that surrounded his eye.

Jess didn't know that he'd visited Mitch, and he didn't want to give her the satisfaction of seeing him in this state. He decided to let her suffer at least another ten minutes before telling her to leave, he wanted her to feel bad.

By now Jess had sunk down to the floor, her back to his room and arms folded in a haughty manner.

'I'm going.'

'Fine.' Dan retorted.

'Fine.'

Her face sagged. 'Daniel this is so childish. I'm not going anywhere so you may as well -'

She fell backwards into his room as the door opened, revealing Dan's firm expression.

Jess scampered to her feet and covered her mouth, barely hiding her surprise. She stepped forward and Daniel gripped her wrist tightly as she attempted to caress the side of his face in a sympathetic gesture.

'Don't. I deserved it.'

'Daniel... I'm sorry -' Her apology was genuine this time, 'I didn't mean what I said last time, I didn't really think Mitch would, he would...' Her face crumpled and she hid her eyes as they began to well with tears.

Dan comforted her uncertainly, feeling an uncanny resemblance to Shauna's reaction the previous visit.

Jess stepped back hastily and wiped her eyes. 'This is stupid, I shouldn't be the one crying. This is all my fault.'

Daniel made no attempt to correct her, but instead made his way back to his bed and lay with a magazine covering his face.

Jess hurried to his side. 'I don't believe it! You're still mad at me.'

Dan lowered the magazine to look at her. 'I'm not in the mood Jess. Thanks for visiting. Come back when you've stopped feeling sorry for yourself.'

This resulted in another eruption of misery.

'Why?! What's with you lately Daniel?'

He sighed heavily and rolled his eyes. 'I haven't changed. You're the one who's miserable all the time, I don't get it.'

Jess rose from his side and glared at him softly. 'I am a girl, in case you've forgotten in the past seven years, and that's what I do. I was scared for you and I'm crying because in the whole time I've known you I don't think you've ever treated me as carelessly as you are right now.'

Daniel stared ahead, stubbornly. 'Fine. Sorry. Bye.'

A groan of rage was released from Jess' throat. 'You're infuriating. Not because you're being so short with me but because you're so in genuine.' With that, she perched herself in his office chair and stared at him expectantly.

Daniel let out a small chuckle. 'I feel ten.'

'You're acting ten.'

'That must be why then.'

It was silent for a moment as Jess let out the last of her sniffles.

'Where's Shauna?'

'Working.'

'Oh..?'

Dan slid his magazine onto the floor and turned his head to look at her.

'I've missed you Jessy, truly.'

She cocked her head sideways in contemplation, suppressing a grin. 'Then why are being like this?'

'Just making you feel how I feel, s**t.'

'So you're not really angry,' Jess stated.

Daniel shrugged as a smile lit up his face. 'Guess not.'

Jess leaped towards him with gratitude, hugging him closely.

'Gentle -' He winced, and Jess felt the bandages under his shirt, sending a pang of guilt through her again.

'I hate fighting with you Dan,' She mumbled, burying her face in his neck and breathing in his warmth.

'I love you..' she thought quietly to herself, hoping Daniel could read her mind.

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2005 12:09 PM
RaDiOdOrK is currently offline Click here to Send RaDiOdOrK a Private Message Find more posts by RaDiOdOrK Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Brunette Angel

Aw, that's cute! I wonder what it would be like if they were together... But I like Shauna and Dan together - they make a really good couple!

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2005 04:01 PM
Brunette Angel is currently offline Click here to Send Brunette Angel a Private Message Find more posts by Brunette Angel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
RaDiOdOrK

You're the first reader to like Jess!! lol she interferes..

TWENTY-FIVE

Deidre gripped the blanket in confusion, her whereabouts slowly drifting into her head as she contemplated whether or not to leave the bedroom.

Her hesitation was answered with a knock on the door. Jai's mother entered silently with a cluttered tray and beamed at Deidre who returned a sleepy smile.

'Good to see you're up!'

Deidre glanced down at her tangled blankets. 'I wouldn't go that far.'

The woman smiled and let the weight of the tray fall to the bedside table as she brushed herself off.

'I'm Joylene by the way, we didn't really get acquainted last night did we?'

'Yeah I wanted to apologize for that, you see-'

Joylene raised her hand, gesturing that it was unnecessary; causing Deidre to flinch.

There was an awkward silence as Jai's mother mentally summed up the bruises on the girl's face, then looked down to her lap.

'I brought you some breakfast, you'll need to eat properly and get plenty of rest.' She gestured to Deidre's concealed stomach.
'I'm not sure if you enjoy reading, but I also found some novels I used to read when I was younger. ' She placed the books next to Deidre and studied her face for some sort of approval. 'Just for something to do.'

'Thank-you.' Deidre didn't know what more to say.

Joylene turned to leave wearily, a line of chores lined up for her to do. Deidre noted the pained look on her face and realized she had never felt like such a nuisance, but held her tongue all the same.

'I'm here if you need me..' Her words echoed as she shut the door firmly and disappeared down the hall.

After tedious hours of mind numbing reading of novels, that Deidre soon realised had been turned into equally as bad movies, she decided it was safe to leave the room.

Wearing an oversized shirt, and not much else, she knocked tentatively on Jai's bedroom door and waited. Hearing a mumbled reply, she pushed open the door, finding him still in his uniform, absorbed over the workbooks spread out on his desk.

She sat on the end of his mattress and waited nervously for him to acknowledge her. Apart from the necessary small talk the night before, Jai was yet to register any sort of emotional involvement with her. He had shunned himself since their last argument and by the way things were going, Deidre guessed one of them had to apologize before they could even be friends again.

'Hey Jai'

He barely lifted his head to her.

'I'm sorry for just barging in on you like that last night, I hope you're not in trouble or anything. You have to believe me that I honestly have no where else to go...um,' She paused, still unsure at his lack of reaction, 'I guess that's all I had to say, and, ah.. Thanks.' She rose to leave and heard him swing around in his chair.

'Danika asked about you today. Said your Mum was worried and if anyone saw you to let her know. Figured you were sort of staying low for the moment so I didn't say anything..'

Deidre nodded slowly, a smile spreading across her face. 'Oh, thanks Jai, I'll um, I'll let her know I'm okay.' She left his room feeling giddy.

Shauna ran her fingers through the long stalks of grass as they whipped at her legs. She stared ahead, deep in thought and hoping she was going in the right direction. On her way to Daniel's, with the photos in her pocket and the story in her head, she found herself veer off-course and was now heading towards where Dan had taken her as their 'first date'.

She knew it was an underlying fear that had made her change her mind. Whether she couldn't handle Daniel's outrage over the pictures, or didn't want to upset him; she wasn't certain. Her mother always told her that those with anger had passion, and he definitely held both traits, Shauna being one of the later. It was getting too late now to show him anything. A few nights ago she'd given him her most precious possession, and she made herself sick thinking she'd let something so small deceive him after that.

She spotted the familiar looking cluster of trees ahead and quickened her pace. She doubted anyone had followed her down here but glanced over her shoulder just in case. She'd been told that only Dan and Mitch knew about this place, and considering it was reasonably well hidden, thought that they would ever be the only ones. As she approached the tiny entrance, a flash of red caught her eye and she shoved back the branches, stumbling inside in shock at what she saw.

Thick red paint coated the ground, and noting how it clung to her shoes, Shauna guessed it had been done recently. She circled the writing in disbelief at the words scarred into the earth.

‘I love you Shauna’ had been repeated over and over again in thick, obsessive strokes and she began to feel dizzy at the sight. A small out-of-place object sat in the middle of the mess and she stepped forward, reaching out for a closer look.

It was another photo. This one was taken of Daniel on his own, on the sly, just like the others. Shauna, although trembling, was racked with confusion. 'Why wasn't this handed in with the others?' 'How did they develop it?'

'What do they want with Daniel?!'

She prayed it was an act of admiration and not a threat to her relationship, but the red paint splattered everywhere made her uneasy. Their secret place had been ruined.

She looked up to the sky and begged the teetering clouds to let fall the biggest storm they could muster and wash away the mess. On the brink of tears, and shaking from the breeze that had suddenly arisen, Shauna slipped off her stained sandals, took one last looked at the jeering confession that covered the ground and walked steadily home.

Old Post Nov 3rd, 2005 09:15 AM
cutie_pie13
4eva young

WOW, that was coolsmile

i for some odd reason like jess 2!! i fell sorry 4 her, i mean nobody gives her the time of day! but i dont want her and daniel to get together Shauna and him are perfectsmile

sig done by piggle

Old Post Nov 3rd, 2005 12:30 PM
cutie_pie13 is currently offline Click here to Send cutie_pie13 a Private Message Find more posts by cutie_pie13 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Brunette Angel

That's so creepy! STALKER! lol. Jei is kind of a mystery isn't he?

Old Post Nov 3rd, 2005 11:18 PM
RaDiOdOrK

yeah he comes in in a wee bit wink Thanks guys xx

TWENTY-SIX

Adrian shamelessly let his eyes wander over Melissa's sleek form. Every pout, hair flick and smile she gave to the camera was returned with approving sounds from the photographer and surrounding agents.

Lately, the only time he had for himself was when he sat watching her on shoots. She'd clung on in an almost suffocating manner since he'd asked her out, and his individual time had become sacred. It wasn't his intention to alienate her; when she started one of her monologues, he sat there mindlessly admiring her as the words became a blur; and he had learned to nod and make general comments between words.

'I must be doing something right’ , he thought. She still phoned him every evening to say goodnight, which had been sweet at first, and he swore yesterday morning she has whispered that she loved him while he was still half-asleep.

'Damn she's hot though’ he mused, bearing a grin as she skipped over, tightening a dressing robe.

'You like?'

'You were perfect.'

She smiled in gratitude and placed her heavily made-up lips against his face.

‘Let’s grab a burger yeah?’

Mel frowned down at his suggestion and patted her stomach, before rushing off towards an eager looking group of agents with contracts in hand.

Adrian sighed heavily and collapsed back in the chair, leg to one side, closing his eyes and letting his mind wander.

Daniel took a deep breath and dialled Shauna’s number again, putting extra emphasis on the final digit.

Nothing.

The tone faded into silence for the tenth time that evening and he dropped the handset.

He was angry. Not only had Shauna not turned up yesterday, but after being over an hour late she messaged him saying, 'Sorry, was caught up xx'.
Jess had aggravated him for the remainder of the evening making up excuses for why she hadn't showed, and in his opinion, aimed to name as many faults in the relationship as possible, which unfortunately, had given him something bitter to think about to fill the time.

Marcia refused to let him out, despite the fact that he'd been up and around for almost two days, and he was on edge from whatever reason Shauna wanted to talk to him for in the first place.

He firmly pulled the phone cord from the wall and stared at the disconnected handset for a while, before thinking better of it; plugging it back in, and laying his head on the kitchen bench, defeated.

Melissa tried to struggle free as Shauna dragged her by the arm across the varnished floor and into the closest room.

'What are you doing? I have very important people out there that you've just left waiting! This is hardly the time to catch up Shauna-' Melissa ripped her arm out of Shauna's grasp and eyed her with detest. She never should have answered the front door.

Shauna appeared to have her eyes fixated on something behind Melissa's head, and obviously hadn't listened to a word that had just been said. She took heaving breaths and continued to avoid eye contact.

Mel watched her for a moment, glancing at the red stains across her legs and bare feet. Deciding that she had lost all hope, and her friend had become completely deranged, turned to leave.

A small voiced reacher her ears before she touched the door handle.

'Don't you hate it?'

Melissa turned to face her, confused. Two ripples had trailed down Shauna's face, and her expression was contorted with frustration as she thought of what to say.

She sighed. 'If Daniel has done something, you can't expect me to have sympathy for you. I don't know you anymore Shauna.'

Her friend shook her head vigorously, and wiped her eyes.

'Not boys Melly... not even relationships. Don't you hate growing up?'

Melissa softened at hearing her estranged friend utter her nickname, and instead of storming back out to the crowd of people offering her future careers, she sat quietly on the lounge and listened.

'That's the reason we're not friends anymore. We've changed, we're older. And I've been so caught up in being independent that I don't have anyone to turn to anymore.'

She wiped her face and glanced at Melissa for the first time.

'Sometimes I wish I could just put my fingers in my ears and scream and kick and someone would bring me an ice-cream and the pain would go away.'

They both laughed softly. 'But I can't.'

There was a long pause and Shauna crossed the room and sat beside Melissa in silence. 'I'm scared Melissa. Someone's is following me and I don't know who it is.'

Old Post Nov 4th, 2005 12:04 PM
cutie_pie13
4eva young

oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo creepy stalker devil

sig done by piggle

Old Post Nov 4th, 2005 05:41 PM
Brunette Angel

Dun - dun - dun --- Ladies and Gentleman we have a stalker.

What will Mel do? I hope she helps Shauna and they become friends again. That would be cute.

Old Post Nov 4th, 2005 11:25 PM
RaDiOdOrK

The Thot Plickens..

TWENTY-SEVEN

Joylene entered the kitchen timidly where Deidre was attempting to wash dishes.

'Um.. sweetie?'

Deidre was startled, Joy usually held such a strong sense of character.

'There's someone at the door for you.'

Deidre felt her first bout of morning sickness come on as she slipped off the apron and approached the front entry.

'Dede! I was so worried.' Her mother hugged her close. 'We want you and the baby back home. Just get your things and I'll be in the car.'

Deidre would have been appalled by her mother's ignorance, had it not been hereditary. 'Who's we?'

He mother turned, fiddling with the keys, looking bewildered. 'Why, your father and I. We miss you! All will be forgotten, I understand it's just your hormones going a little off track.' Her mother perked up, 'Happened to me as well.'

Deidre listened on, agape. 'Do you know why I'm here? He hit me mum, and he tried to kill my baby!'

The woman studied her daughter in contemplation. 'Nonsense Deidre. That's a horrible thing to say. He's a good man and he doesn't need accusations when he's taking care of-' She gestured to Deidre's stomach, '-of this.'

The girl stared at her, unblinking, anger watering in her eyes and threatening to spill. Silently she lifted up her shirt, the welt above her stomach almost throbbing, purples and blues intermixed in a painful mark of violence.

Her mother instinctively brought her hand to her mouth.

Deidre stepped back into the house, gripping the door. 'I hope he keeps you warm at night.' The glass panes shook as she shut her mother out and calmly returned to the dishes.

Six Fifty-Nine.

Shauna had been watching the clock since midnight. IT clicked to seven o'clock and Melissa's hand reached out instinctively and ceased the beeping.

The skirt was a little long and the shirt was small but Melissa's uniform fitted. Shauna eyed her dark eyes, unkempt mess of hair, colourless face, and instead of picking up a hairbrush or make-up bag, promptly left the bathroom for breakfast.

The long night had given was to a promisingly long day at school, and as a precaution, Shauna had called Marcia, telling her she couldn't make it to work for the first time since she'd graciously accepted the job.

Daniel fell through the crowd trying to get to her. 'Shauna!' But everyone was moving off to class, blocking his way, and his heavy bag was slowing him down. A hand firmly gripped his arm and he turned to a cheery looking Jess.

He groaned. 'It's too early Jess'

'For what?'

'For.. I don't know! If you see Shauna, tell her I was looking okay?'

With that he rushed off, not staying long enough to see her pout as she headed off in the other direction, deliberately forgetting his request.

Shauna struggled to lift her canvas to the bench top. After a short but frantic search she located the pieces to her Major and set to work. She could hear Melissa's shrill squeals across the room and turned to see Adrian chasing her with a paint brush. She had noticed they had been a lot more affectionate towards each other that day, since the tension between her and Mel had broken.

She smiled, thinking of Daniel whom she'd been avoiding the past few days, and had an overwhelming feeling of instant guilt. Busying herself, she moved her sketches to the side to locate her masterpiece that she'd been working on for over a month, and her breath fell short.

She bit her lip, drawing blood and shaking her head to herself in impossible frustration. A large portion had been torn off the bottom, ruining the entire picture and her delirious hours of work. She began to shake, picking up her books, leaving her work splayed out on the desk and rushing out of the classroom.

She stopped at her locker, fiddling with the lock and slamming it open, letting everything fall to the ground. She shoved all her books inside and took out her spare house keys; her mother wouldn't be home until later. She closed it carefully, leaning down to pick up her schoolbag and some stray fallen papers.

A particular piece caught her eye, and she unfolded it, astonished to find her missing art piece, torn roughly from it's main picture. She studied it in confusion before turning it over, feeling dizzy at the writing on the other side.

I hope you liked my message- I knew it was something only you would appreciate. I meant it Shauna. Let me know what's happening with us, leave me a note in your locker, I'm sure I'll be able to get it just fine. xox

Shauna's legs trembled as she quickly hid the note; Daniel rushing towards her looking agitated.

Old Post Nov 5th, 2005 12:49 AM
Brunette Angel

Holy cow! Now I really want to know who it is!! It can't be Daniel can it? That would be so strange... But I'm not sure it could be him because of the pictures... Ug, I'm so confused!!!

Old Post Nov 5th, 2005 05:13 AM
RaDiOdOrK

*taps nose knowingly* xx

TWENTY-EIGHT

In the few critical seconds Shauna had to make a decision, she panicked. She’d never felt more violated in her life, and her approaching boyfriend was yet to find out why.

Too late to turn and run again, she scrunched the paper in one swift movement and slammed it in her locker.

‘Hey Danny what’s the matter?’

Daniel paused in front of her, scrutinising her expression.

Almost sweating in that small silence, Shauna did the same thing she always did when she was nervous, spoke. ‘Sorry about the other day. On the way out I spotted an assignment I hadn’t finished and then I met up with Mel. Did I tell you we made up? I was at her place if you tired to call…’

‘I did try to call.’

She nodded, clearing her thoughts, on the verge of a breakdown. ‘Oh. Well I’m sorry. What did you want to talk about?’

She watched all the students milling around them, and her breaths became shallower. Dan seemed to read her mind. ‘Not here. Come over tonight.’ He turned to leave, still looking agitated. ‘Oh, and Shauna?’ She gripped her bag, whitening her knuckles.

‘You’re a terrible liar.’

Deidre had slowly let Jai adjust to her by speaking to him for a little longer every evening.

‘What’s on this one?’

‘Porn’

‘Oh.. What about this?’ Deidre held up another ancient blank video she found under his TV.

‘Uh.. Porn I think?’

She held back a smirk. ‘Dare I ask what’s on his one?’

He looked sheepish. ‘Grade five choir.’

Deidre didn’t even try to contain her laughter. ‘That truly is pathetic.’

He attempted to snatch the tape from her, but she held on a little longer than necessary, shooting him a look of feigned misery.

‘I say you leave now.’

Instead of making for the door, she relaxed up on the couch next to him. ‘But we were just getting somewhere!’

He shook his head, still showing hints to some sort of shame. ‘That’s all you’re going to get out of me tonight, I promise.’

She rubbed her stomach in thought. ‘I wanted to ask you..’

He caught on quickly. ‘No. I have not told my mum about the baby, I’m terrified’ he interrupted bluntly.

‘I could tell her if you like.’

He smiled at her, the first genuine smile he’d given her that wasn’t influenced by bourbon or lust.

‘Thank-you, really. But I think I should be the one to break it to her. I think she has her suspicions.’ He looked away, ‘I told her we were friends but I haven’t exactly been friendly since you came. And why else would you be here?’

‘Well. Uh..’ Deidre stuttered and decided to say nothing instead.

‘She should take it okay I reckon, it’s the only good thing I could ever give her.’

Deciding to quit while she was ahead, and instead of ruining the moment by saying something stupid, Deidre got up, ruffling his hair in a friendly gesture and stepped through the doorway.

‘Well g’night.’

‘Night Dede.’

Shauna turned the doorknob as slowly and quietly as she could. He never shut his door unless she was in there, or he was sleeping. She prayed silently for the latter.

Instead she found him seated at the window. She knew he would’ve watched her come in the front door, and suddenly felt like she was entering the headmistress’ office.

‘What’d you want to talk to me about?’

He turned to her with a solemn expression. ‘Didn’t you want to tell me something?’

She shook her head and Dan let out a sigh. ‘I know more about what you don’t say then you think I do.’

Shauna held her breath, counting her heartbeats.

He spoke softly, ‘I know no matter what, Melissa will always be the most important person in your life.’ He gestured towards her neck, ‘You were wearing that necklace when I met you and you’re wearing it now.’

She still hovered in the doorway, fiddling with her best friend charm.

‘I know that you stay here as long as you can at night because you’re afraid of the dark. That’s why I never argue when I have to walk you home at one in the morning.’

She smiled a little and looked down to her bare feet.

‘I can tell you’re still trying desperately to get my mother to like you, when she already loves you like a daughter.’

Shauna’s throat began to burn and she was afraid to look at him.

‘And I know you’d rather lie to me or avoid me than say something that’d hurt me.’ He stepped towards her. ‘Shauna look at me..’

Her eyes looked up but she did not move.

‘What I don’t know- what I need you to tell me is how you’re feeling about me. I need to know what’s going on, even if it hurts. You know I’d do anything for you Babe.’

Dan brought her to him and rested his chin on her head, hugging her lightly as not to pressure her. He felt her crumble beneath him, racked with sobs that she’d held in for days. Her arms slipped around him and she hugged him so closely it almost hurt.

Dan could almost feel her aura of pain as he just held her, listening to her muffled whimpers and apologies; and wondering what he had possibly done wrong.

Old Post Nov 6th, 2005 03:29 AM
Brunette Angel

Aww... poor Shauna

I am completely in Love with your story. Do you have any tips for beginning writers?

Old Post Nov 6th, 2005 04:32 AM
cutie_pie13
4eva young

this is so sad.... *tear tear*!!!!

o and i meant to ask u, if you are having trouble getting into globalboards, because it's telling me that the address no longer exsists!!!

sig done by piggle

Old Post Nov 6th, 2005 07:57 AM
RaDiOdOrK

No, no trouble with global. hmm.. try drforums??

Tips for beginners ay... well I'm no good with ideas- I'm used to just correcting and editing.. Just think of an original concept (I realise mine is hardly orginal) and write from personal experience (usually with relationships and emotional things). No one can really teach someone how to write though. I bet you have your own style. I just started writing my 4th fic so I'm very busy xxx

CHAPTER TWENTY-NINE

Instead of waking alone Daniel opened his eyes to Shauna’s tangled mess of hair; his arms wrapped steadily around her, breathing in symmetry.

He hoped to wake with some clarity of the night before, but instead his brow knitted with frustration, realising that he had gotten no where, but relieved that she’d at least stayed the night.

He vaguely remembered rocking her to sleep between cries of ‘not you’ and ‘I’m sorry’ as she drifted into an awkward sleep, with him soon following. He hated seeing her cry and didn’t dare pressure her into answering anything more, with their relationship already at stake.

He followed his fingers down the curve of her back, causing her to stir slightly, eyes flickering open. He brought his lips to her cheek and bore into her with his gaze as she came to; willing her to recall the previous evening.

‘Morning.’ Her eyes fell downwards, Daniel hinting a sort of shame in her tone.

‘Wakey wakey.’

She sat up, rubbing at her tired face, pushing the covers back and staring around the room.

‘Gosh it’s almost ten am’

Daniel pulled her backward to his chest, mumbling his tired reply into her neck. ‘Looks like we’re staying home today. You could use a day off.’

She pulled out of his grip a little more roughly than necessary and searched for her jacket, awkwardly pulling it on. ‘Maybe you can, but I have things I need to do.’

He watched her from the edge of the bed, a little unsettled, his anxiety growing. ‘More important than us? I’m still in the dark here Shauna.’

She sighed heavily, her lowly expression returning as she slumped her shoulders, defeated, and reached for her bag.

Daniel glanced down to his lap, intrigued as a mass of photos were dumped unceremoniously. ‘And this’ll explain everything?’ He asked, uncertainty overcoming him with each askew picture.

‘Who took these anyway?’

Shauna sat beside him, hugging herself and staring blankly. ‘I don’t know.’

He set the pile down, preparing for the rest of her explanation. ‘I’m hoping that wasn’t the end of it.’

She shook her head, bringing her legs up to her body as a gesture of self-protection. ‘Doesn’t it faze you in the least?’

He replied with thoughtful silence.

‘And that’s not it Danny.. He left notes and messages and-‘ She stumbled on her words, afraid. ‘What’s scaring me is the destruction- not just my things but-’

Daniel’s pulse began thumping as her words sunk in.

‘I just don’t know what he’s capable of..’ She finished, a whimper almost detectable in her voice.

It was moments like this that Dan began to appreciate their complex understanding. How Shauna could just begin a story in the middle and even if he didn’t get all the pieces, he knew she was still utterly afraid.

‘Why didn’t you tell me?’

She turned her head to face him, slightly abashed. ‘I found out that I do stupid things when I’m afraid.’

He brought a soothing hand to her back. ‘Well I hope it’s a little easier for you now.’ His voice remained calm although thoughts attacked him from every direction, mind rattled

‘What are you thinking?’ He tone was soft, posing no threat.

‘I’m thinking-’ He paused, wondering whether he should tell her that he was utterly lost, petrified that girl in front of him that he’d shared everything with; was the victim of a cruel, perverted joke and he had no idea how to take it. That a rage has been stirred within him that he barely recognised and the heat was affecting his mind’s clarity and he couldn’t bear to touch her in case she felt it. And the only happy thought that was still in existence was the fact that she was here untainted, right now, and that’s where he intended her to remain.

Jai took a long breath and slumped in his chair, only raising his eyes enough to look at the empty coffee mug on the table. The only sounds audible were the bubbles gently bursting in the full kitchen sink, and Deidre’s drawn out breaths as she slept peacefully down the hall.

He took in another shaky gulp of air and bravely lifted his gaze to meet Joylene’s.

‘The baby is mine.’

It seemed as though all noises ceased when he uttered the words. His mother’s mouth seemed to move into a tight smile as she absorbed the news.

‘That’s the hardest thing you’ll ever have to tell me.’

He nodded, fiddling with the empty cup. ‘Thought you should know. Not just because it’ll be part of our family, but so you don’t think badly of Deidre. She’s a decent girl mum I promise. It was-’

She raised her hand, cutting him short. ‘I don’t want to hear the circumstances Jai. I happen to like Deidre very much. She’s pleasant, she helps me out despite her condition and family problems and I’m happy for you two. I just hope you’re ready for it.’

Butterflies of a different kind exploded into his body and he leaped out of his chair towards his mother, squeezing her tightly. ‘I knew you’d understand.’

She smiled warmly to him, stood, and resumed clearing the table, as if nothing fazed her.

Mitch was slowly piecing it back together. He unpacked his bag for the last time and collapsed onto his bed. The entire house held a musty odour and every room had an unsettling feeling.

It hardly felt like home any more.

Mitch knew this wouldn’t just be the place where he was born, the place where he grew and learned and discovered, the place where he bonded, learned to love and to forgive; but also the very place he would learn to cope with loss, with devastation and also learn that a broken heart came from much more than a girl a school.

A broken heart came from a man in a white coat in a sterile room.

A broken heart was caused by the empty look in your mother’s eyes when she told you she was giving up, and nothing could change her mind. Not even her only son.

Old Post Nov 7th, 2005 09:15 AM
Brunette Angel

Oh my gosh... that is so sad... (Mitch's part)

So Jai is gonna help Deidre raise the child? That's pretty sweet.

I'm attempting to write a Harry Potter fanfic about Regulus - but I don't think I have the "talent" needed. But that's okay, because I like reading everyone else's fanfics! smile

Old Post Nov 7th, 2005 11:25 PM
RaDiOdOrK

Goodluck with that story wink. I'm not a HP fic fan, but I've read some good ones!!

This chapter is 'it'. xxx

THIRTY

Shauna glowered at Daniel from across the room, and suffering from a lack of entertainment and stimuli, uttered the most threatening thing she could muster.

‘I’m never kissing you again.’

He grinned at her from behind the magazine he was reading, tossing her the remote control.

‘Liar.’

‘I feel like a prisoner Dan, I’m serious.’ She collapsed feebly at his feet while he continued to ignore her.

He relented slightly. ‘Shauna we only got up ten minutes ago. What did you expect to be doing?’

‘Something. anything

He sighed. ‘Well whatever it is, I’m coming.’

She sat in contemplation for a moment before breaking out in a smile. ‘Let’s go pick up my art things, it’s due next week, you can help me.’

He groaned, trudging upstairs to shower and get ask Marcia for a lift.

Marcia pulled up in the almost deserted car park at the high school.

‘Back in a second mum.’

She huffed loudly and grabbed her son’s arm. ‘Honestly Daniel, I’m sure Shauna can cope on her own.’

Shauna smiled gratuitously at Marcia and shut the car door mouthing a thanks.

As she stepped into the echoing hallway, Shauna realised the last time she’d been here was when she’d received the unsettling note and began to feel a little nervous. Much too stubborn to give Daniel the satisfaction of rescuing her, she continued onto the art section.

The room, much like the rest of the school, was empty and dimly lit. Shauna found it odd that the air conditioner still hummed in the background, and her skin pricked as she shut the door behind her.

The tables were left in the same disarray as when she’d left, so it was easy to locate her folder and implements, packing them unconsciously into her bag. Her canvas however, was neatly stacked with the others against the wall, out of the way.

She flipped through them gently, admiring the other students’ weeks of work, dreading the moment when she came to her own; which she knew needed repair.

Coming across a familiar looking piece, Shauna began to feel light-headed as her eyes adjusted to the image.

The beautifully framed, four foot canvas was a completed picture of herself. She searched it hurriedly for a name, the same feeling rising in her stomach as it had so many times before.

‘It looks even more beautiful with you next to it, Shauna.’ A male voice commented lightly from close behind her.

She turned in fright, but her gaze was met with a blinding flash and the sound of film reeling. Her eyes brimmed with tears and she stumbled backwards into the frames, squinting, looking for a way out.

‘Just one of my many pieces. I prefer photography, as you know. ‘He chuckled, another flash emitting from the camera.

‘It seems my work has gone unappreciated, however.’ He took another photo and began to raise his voice.

‘I put my everything into you Shauna. We share a passion, we have something in common and all I asked..’ He sighed, lowering the camera.

‘All I wanted was for you to acknowledge me. We’re different, you know? We see things the same.’

The whiteness faded and Shauna wiped her eyes, trying to settle her pumping breaths.

‘Adrian?’

He nodded, watching her, never blinking. He raised the camera to his eyes again. ‘Just one more please.. You look so perfect when you cry..’

The flash came and went silently, followed by a painful cry as Shauna felt Adrian’s limp body collapse on top of her.

Old Post Nov 9th, 2005 05:16 AM
Brunette Angel

Wow, that's really creepy... Adrian - I never would have guessed!

Old Post Nov 9th, 2005 05:26 AM