KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Respect' Forum » Respect The Thing (Ultimate & 616)

Respect The Thing (Ultimate & 616)
Started by: armandovalles

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (14): « First ... « 10 11 [12] 13 14 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
snoopdogg
Big Pimpin

quote: (post)
That pretty much cotradicts their first fight. Thing should not have thrown Guido aside like that so easily.

"I am not afraid of the dark the dark's afraid of me"

Old Post Feb 1st, 2010 11:52 PM
snoopdogg is currently offline Click here to Send snoopdogg a Private Message Find more posts by snoopdogg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
vansonbee
Isee

Originally posted by snoopdogg
That pretty much cotradicts their first fight. Thing should not have thrown Guido aside like that so easily.
Do you recall the first fight issue?

Old Post Feb 2nd, 2010 02:08 AM
vansonbee is currently offline Click here to Send vansonbee a Private Message Find more posts by vansonbee Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
snoopdogg
Big Pimpin

Originally posted by vansonbee
Do you recall the first fight issue?
It's on the previous page of this thread.

"I am not afraid of the dark the dark's afraid of me"

Old Post Feb 2nd, 2010 02:32 AM
snoopdogg is currently offline Click here to Send snoopdogg a Private Message Find more posts by snoopdogg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mrpress

Doesn't seem to contradict to me. They slugged it out for a few minutes in their first fight testing each other, Ben even said he wanted to see what Strong Guy had. After that he turned it up a notch and took Guido down with relatively little effort. The only difference here is that Ben skips the whole playing around part of the first fight to get down to business.

He also doesn't give Guido a chance to absorb any kinetic energy here, and at his base strength Guido shouldn't be a match for the Thing.

Old Post Feb 2nd, 2010 01:34 PM
mrpress is currently offline Click here to Send mrpress a Private Message Find more posts by mrpress Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Knowsbleed33
You know my name

How much more powerful is Ultimate Thing comapred to 616, if at all? Ultimate Thing is listed as being quite a bit larger than 616 Thing.

Thanks to Scythe

Old Post Feb 2nd, 2010 10:49 PM
Knowsbleed33 is currently offline Click here to Send Knowsbleed33 a Private Message Find more posts by Knowsbleed33 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bentley
Seitei

Thing is leagues above Guido though...

My respect threads:Kang the Conqueror, Ultron, Devil Dinosaur, Michael Korvac
Captain America for High Street

Old Post Sep 16th, 2010 05:48 PM
Bentley is currently offline Click here to Send Bentley a Private Message Find more posts by Bentley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dum Dum Dugan

Originally posted by mrpress
Doesn't seem to contradict to me. They slugged it out for a few minutes in their first fight testing each other, Ben even said he wanted to see what Strong Guy had. After that he turned it up a notch and took Guido down with relatively little effort. The only difference here is that Ben skips the whole playing around part of the first fight to get down to business.

He also doesn't give Guido a chance to absorb any kinetic energy here, and at his base strength Guido shouldn't be a match for the Thing.

That still doesent add up. The fact Guildo was knock out makes no senses, That throw by Grimm would only increases guildo power. He absorb the kenetic energy on impact.

Old Post Sep 16th, 2010 05:59 PM
Dum Dum Dugan is currently offline Click here to Send Dum Dum Dugan a Private Message Find more posts by Dum Dum Dugan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord_Dagoth

Do you guys have any scans of spiky Thing beating Gray Hulk?

Old Post Oct 9th, 2010 04:53 PM
Lord_Dagoth is currently offline Click here to Send Lord_Dagoth a Private Message Find more posts by Lord_Dagoth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bluddflagg

I know I tend to be "that guy" but any word on this thread getting remade? I remember a certain moderator mentioning how Aunt Petunia's favorite nephew doesn't get enough love on KMC. wink

Old Post May 13th, 2011 03:40 AM
Bluddflagg is currently offline Click here to Send Bluddflagg a Private Message Find more posts by Bluddflagg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SuperiorTech

Old Post Jun 10th, 2011 08:42 PM
SuperiorTech is currently offline Click here to Send SuperiorTech a Private Message Find more posts by SuperiorTech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Heavenly king
The End of All

anyone have scans of thing as Angrir, Breaker of Souls.

Old Post Jun 15th, 2011 10:45 AM
Heavenly king is currently offline Click here to Send Heavenly king a Private Message Find more posts by Heavenly king Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Apr 12th, 2012 05:49 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

Ben was immortal Huh? From the way it looked, it seems like him reverting to human form was killing him. If he stayed in rock form, he probably wouldn't have died.

On ignore list: Darksaint and Stilt

Old Post Apr 12th, 2012 07:22 PM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

By the way Bamako, whatever provider you used for the scans above, please continue to use that...photobucket sucks.

Old Post Apr 12th, 2012 07:24 PM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JakeTheBank
Return of the King

Originally posted by carver9
Ben was immortal Huh? From the way it looked, it seems like him reverting to human form was killing him. If he stayed in rock form, he probably wouldn't have died.

He literally only aged while he was in his human form. Which is one week a year. It wasn't killing him outside of the sense that aging gradually kills you.

Old Post Apr 12th, 2012 08:02 PM
JakeTheBank is currently offline Click here to Send JakeTheBank a Private Message Find more posts by JakeTheBank Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
One Big Mob
Dead

He lived an extra 76-77 years by my quick calculations.

Old Post Apr 13th, 2012 12:39 AM
One Big Mob is currently offline Click here to Send One Big Mob a Private Message Find more posts by One Big Mob Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

Originally posted by JakeTheBank
He literally only aged while he was in his human form. Which is one week a year. It wasn't killing him outside of the sense that aging gradually kills you.

I wonder why he just didn't stay in rock form since he seen that it was aging him. It's not like its an unfamiliar form or anything uncomfortable since it was lifetimes going by before reverting back to human form. I guess after seeing all of your friends die and seeing a change in the world could take its toll on person. Could be the reason he gave that speech about the hamburger and missing Reed and the other FF4.

Old Post Apr 13th, 2012 01:08 AM
KingD19
Shai-Gen's Enigmatic Wong

The big thing with Ben is that his rock form makes him feel like monster. Even being human for only 1 week out of the year helped him keep his humanity, especially with all the people he loved dying or moving on. And living forever probably wasn't on his priority list with no one around.

His best friend, his niece/nephew, his other best friend, his best lady friend, the love of his life. All of them were dead or gone.

Old Post Apr 13th, 2012 01:17 AM
KingD19 is currently offline Click here to Send KingD19 a Private Message Find more posts by KingD19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tony Stark
Mr. All Day

Originally posted by Sr J-Bieb
He lived an extra 76-77 years by my quick calculations.

It looks like an extra 4000+ years by my math.

Old Post Apr 13th, 2012 06:59 AM
Tony Stark is currently offline Click here to Send Tony Stark a Private Message Find more posts by Tony Stark Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tony Stark
Mr. All Day

Finally Ben gets his do with a full fledged victory over Namor and it being under water nonetheless. I knew he had it in him. You go boy, nice work.

Old Post Apr 25th, 2012 07:55 PM
Tony Stark is currently offline Click here to Send Tony Stark a Private Message Find more posts by Tony Stark Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote