KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Music Discussion » Vh1 Top 100 Best Hard Rock Artists

Vh1 Top 100 Best Hard Rock Artists
Started by: Dr. Octagon

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (12): « First ... « 9 10 [11] 12 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
jks

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Rob Owns You
Ok you say that slayer sucks, and you like twisted sister. Haha how pathetic you are
Seriously, considering I spanked everyone else who made that remark, why would you even THINK about posting it?

Old Post Aug 24th, 2005 03:18 AM
jks is currently offline Click here to Send jks a Private Message Find more posts by jks Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jks

Originally posted by Alpha Centauri
You're wrong man, proven. With fact.

Then you ran off. At least admit it.

-AC
I can teach my parrots to say "proven, fact" over and over too, that doesn't mean it was proven.

Old Post Aug 24th, 2005 03:20 AM
jks is currently offline Click here to Send jks a Private Message Find more posts by jks Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Alpha Centauri
Restricted

Account Restricted

Spanked? You got sent packing just like the other guy.

What we've proven with regards to this whole "opinion" thing, is undeniable, realistically.

-AC

Signature by Starlock.

I review comics and such here: http://welcometothemast.blogspot.com

Old Post Aug 24th, 2005 03:57 AM
Alpha Centauri is currently offline Click here to Send Alpha Centauri a Private Message Find more posts by Alpha Centauri Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jks

Originally posted by Alpha Centauri
Spanked? You got sent packing just like the other guy.
lol, go read the posts again, buddy. I completely destroyed everyone who thought liking one band made me any less credible.

quote:
What we've proven with regards to this whole "opinion" thing, is undeniable, realistically.

-AC
I can teach my parrots to say "proven, fact" over and over too, that doesn't mean it was proven.

Old Post Aug 24th, 2005 05:12 AM
Pantera
< insert random comment >

Originally posted by jks
Seriously, considering I spanked everyone else who made that remark, why would you even THINK about posting it?

Ok Twisted Sister " In my opinion " (better say that or you will probably have a bad case of PMS) suck. Slayer shit on Twisted Sister, their pathetic in my opinion and dont even deserve to be on that list. Slayer is much more talented than Twisted Sister ever was

Old Post Aug 24th, 2005 06:21 AM
Pantera is currently offline Click here to Send Pantera a Private Message Find more posts by Pantera Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SlipknoT
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by jks
lol, go read the posts again, buddy. I completely destroyed everyone who thought liking one band made me any less credible.

laughing out loud

Rob Owns You, Barbarossa, Tired Hiker, Fearnix, Ronny, Raven Guardia, Wolflet, DEM, spidergrl, Dr. Strangelove, eggmayo, Filth, Korri, JM, Ken Kenobi, ~Sir Mist~, Lana

Old Post Aug 24th, 2005 08:46 AM
SlipknoT is currently offline Click here to Send SlipknoT a Private Message Find more posts by SlipknoT Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jks

Originally posted by Rob Owns You
Ok Twisted Sister " In my opinion " (better say that or you will probably have a bad case of PMS) suck. Slayer shit on Twisted Sister, their pathetic in my opinion and dont even deserve to be on that list. Slayer is much more talented than Twisted Sister ever was
Dave lombardo is more talented than TS's drummer, king and hanneman are better rythem players and jeff is more of a talented lead player. That's all as far as talent go.

Old Post Aug 24th, 2005 09:54 AM
jks

Originally posted by SlipknoT
laughing out loud
Why laugh...it's the truth...

Old Post Aug 24th, 2005 09:55 AM
Alpha Centauri
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by jks

You didn't destroy anyone. You GOT destroyed. The fact that you like Twisted Sister is shit but that's not why you aren't credible really, so I'm not included there.

Your whole arguement was based around "Opinion aint wrong". To which you got proven blindingly wrong. Done.

-AC

Signature by Starlock.

Old Post Aug 24th, 2005 04:07 PM
Alpha Centauri is currently offline Click here to Send Alpha Centauri a Private Message Find more posts by Alpha Centauri Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jks

[QUOTE=4826809]Originally posted by Alpha Centauri
You didn't destroy anyone. You GOT destroyed.
quote:
I'm sorry, but the poss are there for everyone to read. [quote]The fact that you like Twisted Sister is shit but that's not why you aren't credible really, so I'm not included there.
Hmmm, weren't you the one that said "Twisted Sister? I don't think anything need be said.

Kerry King is one of the best leads of all time, so way to invalidated yourself by calling him the worst ever." ?

quote:
Your whole arguement was based around "Opinion aint wrong". To which you got proven blindingly wrong. Done.

-AC
Are you illiterate? My whole argument was based on the idiotic logic of thinking liking one band discredits someone's opinion on music ANDbased on my greater knowledgeof what makes a guitar player better or worse than others due to the fact that I have played the instrument for nearly 20 years. Spanked!

Old Post Aug 24th, 2005 06:16 PM
Victor Von Doom
Latverian Diplomat

Whh-tsh.

Old Post Aug 24th, 2005 06:19 PM
Victor Von Doom is currently offline Click here to Send Victor Von Doom a Private Message Find more posts by Victor Von Doom Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Alpha Centauri
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by jks
Hmmm, weren't you the one that said "Twisted Sister? I don't think anything need be said.

Liking them doesn't make you not credible in THIS discussion, I meant overall. I don't think anything needs to be said either.

Originally posted by jks
Kerry King is one of the best leads of all time, so way to invalidated yourself by calling him the worst ever." ?

Yes? What? This was a discussion about guitarists, so calling him the or ONE OF the worst EVER was what invalidated you. The Twisted Sister comment just sort of (aka does) render you invalid for calling out anyone's music taste doesn't it?

Originally posted by jks
Are you illiterate? My whole argument was based on the idiotic logic of thinking liking one band discredits someone's opinion on music ANDbased on my greater knowledgeof what makes a guitar player better or worse than others due to the fact that I have played the instrument for nearly 20 years. Spanked!

One: I'm quite clearly not illiterate, coming from someone who's been making mistakes left, right and centre.

Two: You're making a continued assumption. 20 years or not, as I said. There are guitarists of 30, 40 years who believe that Hendrix isn't the best ever. He is, so this isn't a case where that provides you with some kind of impenetrable shield.

Three: Your whole arguement was based on what opinion is and what fact is. Being that you were hiding behind "My opinion cannot be wrong" the whole time, and THAT got proven wrong, so did you. Hence why you started cowering behind your one line posts.

So yes, spanked.

-AC

Signature by Starlock.

Last edited by Alpha Centauri on Aug 24th, 2005 at 06:30 PM

Old Post Aug 24th, 2005 06:27 PM
mami3790

dude!! its all screwed up.. u wanna know y??
-Iron maiden should be top 10 AND above Black Sabbath (remember Ozzfest incident??)
-Greenday should NOT be on the list thus replaced by Audioslave(greenday just sucks)
-Meatloaf deserves more respect(father of Rock n' Roll)
-Sex Pistols should NOT be on list(too punky n stupid/lame)
-Judas Priest should be No. 1 (their the Gods of Metal for Heavens sake!!)
tq...

Old Post Mar 27th, 2006 08:30 AM
mami3790 is currently offline Click here to Send mami3790 a Private Message Find more posts by mami3790 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dani_california

First of all the list sucked. I think they mixed up hard rock with metal cause thats all it was.

Nirvana DID deserve its spot
The Pixies should've been in the top thirty
The Clash should've been in the top ten
And why the hell was Boston on the list?

Old Post Apr 8th, 2006 11:10 PM
dani_california is currently offline Click here to Send dani_california a Private Message Find more posts by dani_california Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jks

wow, i forgot how much I owned people in this thread

Old Post Oct 30th, 2007 09:33 AM
Funkadelic

Lots that I don't even consider as hard rock

It's an image worth pondering for a moment. Maybe, when you cut past the instrumental and songwriting virtuosity, the funny voices and characters, what is left is a man alone in his recording studio for days at a time.

Old Post Oct 30th, 2007 01:14 PM
Funkadelic is currently offline Click here to Send Funkadelic a Private Message Find more posts by Funkadelic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Pezmerga
Black Knight

I Love Yes to death, but they are not hard rock. But VH1 are a bunch of morons. At least they recognized Rush.

Old Post Oct 30th, 2007 08:30 PM
Pezmerga is currently offline Click here to Send Pezmerga a Private Message Find more posts by Pezmerga Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nellinator
Crazy Canuck

VH1 fails at lists. Even the Rolling Stone does better than this.

Old Post Oct 30th, 2007 10:38 PM
Nellinator is currently offline Click here to Send Nellinator a Private Message Find more posts by Nellinator Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bat Dude
In God I Trust

79. Ratt (Pure Awesomeness)

5. Metallica (Awesomeness squared)

7. Van Halen (Superb Awesomeness)

29. Motley Crue (Complete Awesomeness)

69. Megadeth (Full Awesomeness)

75. Spinal Tap (Definitive Awesomeness)

1. Led Zeppelin (Awesomeness cubed)

2. Black Sabbath (More Awesomeness than you can Shake a Stick at)

Awesome, is all I can say... (Except Van Halen should have been 5, imo) But I have a complaint: a lot of those are metal bands (doesn't bother me, but it's still not a "true" top 100)

Old Post Oct 31st, 2007 02:34 AM
Bat Dude is currently offline Click here to Send Bat Dude a Private Message Find more posts by Bat Dude Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
2D_MASTER
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by mami3790
dude!! its all screwed up.. u wanna know y??
-Iron maiden should be top 10 AND above Black Sabbath (remember Ozzfest incident??)

Dolt...

Shut up! It's Daddy, you shithead! Where's my bourbon?

Old Post Oct 31st, 2007 03:59 PM
2D_MASTER is currently offline Click here to Send 2D_MASTER a Private Message Find more posts by 2D_MASTER Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote