KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Battlezone » Street Tourney Match #4

Street Tourney Match #4
Started by: DigiMark007

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (17): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Sir Whirlysplat
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by stormfront13
he already has

good then Chris wins

herd behavior is a comical thing - Thanks Silver Spider

Old Post Sep 18th, 2005 09:32 PM
Sir Whirlysplat is currently offline Click here to Send Sir Whirlysplat a Private Message Find more posts by Sir Whirlysplat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
8bitChris
?Esoteric?

Originally posted by stormfront13
it is impenetrable to anything you throw at it. you do realize that I can be mobile with my shield right? anyway........you may think you have superior speed and strength, but you don't. with my spider-legs I have stopped and pinned down Dr. octopus' legs, and my body is stronger than those spider-legs. in speed, we are at least equal or too close to call.

You do realize that Siryn needs to breath right? THERE IS NO POSSIBLE WAY the force field could be at full power either right? If it were, Siryn's vocal chords would be fried.

I'm guessing Siryn could probably scream a couple seconds longer than I could. When she stops to breath she's not going to be guns blazing again. This should be a sufficient dampen in her force field for me to break through.

Dazzler has been knocked out by plenty of chumps not fit to lick Black Panther or Deadpool's shoes. This is going to be no different; only different in the sense that it will be a brutal death.

Your whole arguement is based off a force field that is questionably legal and maintained by a human scream. I beat you in every other category.

You know what? Your legs would desintegrate in that fancy force field of yours. They don't have any protection. So don't even think of using them. If you get close enough to use them and lose the force field you are going to be ripped apart by various projectiles and blades.

Doop Lives...

Last edited by 8bitChris on Sep 18th, 2005 at 09:46 PM

Old Post Sep 18th, 2005 09:33 PM
8bitChris is currently offline Click here to Send 8bitChris a Private Message Find more posts by 8bitChris Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
8bitChris
?Esoteric?

I think i've sufficiently proven that I could get through Dazzler's shield as the only sound maintaining it would be Siryn's scream. Like it or not, Siryn can't scream forever or at full force. If she screamed at full force it would fry her vocal chords. So she can't even have a full power force field.

She can't throw anything at me while her shield is up either.

Face it, if you're going to have Dazzler as one of your characters then you should have brought a boombox with 8 extra batteries as equipment. So you can pump of the volume full time and continue the battle when you can't scream.

Doop Lives...

Old Post Sep 18th, 2005 09:36 PM
8bitChris is currently offline Click here to Send 8bitChris a Private Message Find more posts by 8bitChris Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dizzle
KMC Authority!!!

I'm pretty sure both force fields and energy projection were capped off a little bit below what Storm's claiming to have... Nobody should be getting disintegrated, and no one should be standing up to a class 10-15 barrage for any amount of time.

This fight is a dilemma. If it Espionage gets into melee range, Storm's amalgam is pretty royally boned. But his entire problem is getting there...

I'm going to vote for Chris right now. The distance isn't all that great, and his guy's gotta be pretty damn fast. Plus hiding behind rocks should help, the sonic waves were defined as slight shimmers in the air, correct? He should be able to see them and dive for cover, if need really be. And to cap it off, Black Panther's a freaking psycho. He could probably sit there and let someone kick him in the nuts for an hour and not react much, I don't think sonics are going to disorient him to the point where he screws himself up.

I'm going to emphasize how borderline I am right now. Chris is ahead in my mind for the time being, but only just.

DarkCrawler is my hero... RESPECT LEONARD NIMOY!!!

Old Post Sep 18th, 2005 09:36 PM
Dizzle is currently offline Click here to Send Dizzle a Private Message Find more posts by Dizzle Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sir Whirlysplat
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Dizzle
I'm pretty sure both force fields and energy projection were capped off a little bit below what Storm's claiming to have... Nobody should be getting disintegrated, and no one should be standing up to a class 10-15 barrage for any amount of time.

This fight is a dilemma. If it Espionage gets into melee range, Storm's amalgam is pretty royally boned. But his entire problem is getting there...

I'm going to vote for Chris right now. The distance isn't all that great, and his guy's gotta be pretty damn fast. Plus hiding behind rocks should help, the sonic waves were defined as slight shimmers in the air, correct? He should be able to see them and dive for cover, if need really be. And to cap it off, Black Panther's a freaking psycho. He could probably sit there and let someone kick him in the nuts for an hour and not react much, I don't think sonics are going to disorient him to the point where he screws himself up.

I'm going to emphasize how borderline I am right now. Chris is ahead in my mind for the time being, but only just.

agreed

herd behavior is a comical thing - Thanks Silver Spider

Old Post Sep 18th, 2005 09:46 PM
Sir Whirlysplat is currently offline Click here to Send Sir Whirlysplat a Private Message Find more posts by Sir Whirlysplat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
K Von Doom
Second fiddle

Originally posted by Dizzle

My thoughts exactly. It's a helluva fight though.

Old Post Sep 18th, 2005 10:22 PM
K Von Doom is currently offline Click here to Send K Von Doom a Private Message Find more posts by K Von Doom Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Khellendros
Sin in Pants

Question: does the vibranium suit make Black Panther deaf or hard of hearing?

Old Post Sep 18th, 2005 10:30 PM
Khellendros is currently offline Click here to Send Khellendros a Private Message Find more posts by Khellendros Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinzin

Originally posted by Khellendros
Question: does the vibranium suit make Black Panther deaf or hard of hearing?

nu-uh...

laughing

Old Post Sep 18th, 2005 10:36 PM
jinzin is currently offline Click here to Send jinzin a Private Message Find more posts by jinzin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
8bitChris
?Esoteric?

Stabbing your eardrums out does smile

Doop Lives...

Old Post Sep 18th, 2005 10:40 PM
jinzin

Originally posted by 8bitChris

ewwwww.

Old Post Sep 18th, 2005 10:41 PM
jinzin is currently offline Click here to Send jinzin a Private Message Find more posts by jinzin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Khellendros
Sin in Pants

It would also throw off your balance I would imagine. Messing up the inner ear fluids and all.

Old Post Sep 18th, 2005 10:54 PM
Khellendros is currently offline Click here to Send Khellendros a Private Message Find more posts by Khellendros Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinzin

It would also throw off your balance I would imagine. Messing up the inner ear fluids and all.

yeah...good point...just being hit in the eardrums throws off your equilibrium...

Old Post Sep 18th, 2005 10:58 PM
8bitChris
?Esoteric?

Should this point still be counted now if stormfront uses it?

Doop Lives...

Old Post Sep 18th, 2005 11:01 PM
Khellendros
Sin in Pants

Originally posted by jinzin
yeah...good point...just being hit in the eardrums throws off your equilibrium...

Yeah. Hurts like a B*TCH too.

8bit: It is a valid point. I dunno, ask Digi.

Old Post Sep 18th, 2005 11:01 PM
jinzin

Should this point still be counted now if stormfront uses it?

i dunno.

Old Post Sep 18th, 2005 11:02 PM
8bitChris
?Esoteric?

Miffed

Yeah. Hurts like a B*TCH too.

8bit: It is a valid point. I dunno, ask Digi.

A point that rarely enters the realm of comic books and that is argueably fought by the healing factor arguement.

A point that i'm almost positive would not have been factored into this debate if it had not been for outside influences.

Doop Lives...

Old Post Sep 18th, 2005 11:04 PM
stormfront13

Originally posted by Whirlysplatt
good then Chris wins

um...no, you just have no idea whats going on

Old Post Sep 18th, 2005 11:21 PM
stormfront13 is currently offline Click here to Send stormfront13 a Private Message Find more posts by stormfront13 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
stormfront13

You do realize that Siryn needs to breath right? THERE IS NO POSSIBLE WAY the force field could be at full power either right? If it were, Siryn's vocal chords would be fried.

i have no idea what your talking about.......I'm not using siryn's powers for a force-field, I'm using dazzlers.

quote:
I'm guessing Siryn could probably scream a couple seconds longer than I could. When she stops to breath she's not going to be guns blazing again. This should be a sufficient dampen in her force field for
me to break through.

you obviously don't know much about siryn. her vocal chords aren;t like yours, it takes multiple top level screams to tire her out, not one. once again, I'm not using siryns force-field, I'm using dazzlers.

quote:
Dazzler has been knocked out by plenty of chumps not fit to lick Black Panther or Deadpool's shoes. This is going to be no different; only different in the sense that it will be a brutal death.

yeah obviously dazzler has been knocked out, she doesn't have a force-field up 24/7. why does jean get knocked out? magneto? psylock? storm? sue storm? celia reyes? and basically any other person who has a force-field. because they don't always use them. if they did, then fights would be boring.

quote:
Your whole arguement is based off a force field that is questionably legal and maintained by a human scream. I beat you in every other category.

no, not really, I have other strageties. and there was never a rule against shields, I asked digi and everyone else, and they never had a problem. and you only beat me in fighting skills. I'm stronger, have better attacks, and we are equal in speed.

quote:
You know what? Your legs would desintegrate in that fancy force field of yours. They don't have any protection. So don't even think of using them. If you get close enough to use them and lose the force field you are going to be ripped apart by various projectiles and blades.

alright, honestly what the hell are you talking about? my legs would get desinigrated? that's the funniest thing I've heard all day lol. ripped apart? that's also funny.

quote:
I think i've sufficiently proven that I could get through Dazzler's shield as the only sound maintaining it would be Siryn's scream. Like it or not, Siryn can't scream forever or at full force. If she screamed at full force it would fry her vocal chords. So she can't even have a full power force field.

you've proven nothing except the fact that you know nothing of either dazzler or siryn lol. be serious here. dazzler can keep a shield up out of her own power, and hs been able to for the past like 15 years. seriously, you should read up on her. and for he third time, I'm not using siryns voice for a force-field.

quote:
She can't throw anything at me while her shield is up either.

once again, proof that you don't know anything about dazzler or siryn.

quote:
Face it, if you're going to have Dazzler as one of your characters then you should have brought a boombox with 8 extra batteries as equipment. So you can pump of the volume full time and continue the battle when you can't scream.

dazzler has been able to store sound for a loooooooong time. since like the eighties. you are seriously out-dated, so much that it makes me laugh. I don't need to scream to use dazzlers powers. also, you seem to think that one scream tires siryn out, when in reality it takes multiple full power screams to even begin to tire her out. seriously, you know nothing about these characters.

quote:

digi already stated that there is no limit for the amalgams, only characters. all of my characters are within limits, but when dazzler absorbs at least one scream from siryn, then she becomes a lot more powerful, it's completley legal.

Old Post Sep 18th, 2005 11:39 PM
stormfront13 is currently offline Click here to Send stormfront13 a Private Message Find more posts by stormfront13 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
stormfront13

alright, here's another stragety.

right at the start of the fight, I use eco-location to find him. then I create the light fog to blind him. then I use my psi-webbing to web him up and immobilize him. this stuff is very, very, very strong, and kept the hulk at bay. then I shoot my photonic pulses at him which are basically light bullets. my lasers can cut the vibranium. lasers easly cut through diamonds, and it has been stated many times from numerous writers that vibranium is not as durable as diamonds. so the photonic bullets should affect him and go right through him. digi said decapitation could win so I just have to shoot him many times in the head.

also if he gets up close, it's not going to be as easy as everyone thinks. my four spider-legs can react and move at the speed of thought, and are also basically indestructible and very, very, very sharp. they can shoot the venom out or the webbing to hold him back. spider-man is very good up close, and spider-woman replaced spider-man for a while, so she's very good also. I'm also stronger than chris's amalgam is and I have a spider-sence where he doesn't. also, the induced nausea will throw him off balance, no matter how much will power you have, or how powerful your healing factor is, it won't help. dazzlers light powers can directly affect the equilibrum. you won't even be able to see straight, or walm straight, how do you expect to fight. also I was trained by many veteran x-men, including wolverine and banshee, and I have even been trained by deadpool, so I know how you fight up close. also your using guns, and gunshots are loud as hell, everytime you shoot at me, I get stronger.

Old Post Sep 18th, 2005 11:50 PM
8bitChris
?Esoteric?

Anyone else think there are better comebacks than "You honestly don't know how awesome Siryn and Dazzler are; it makes me laugh"?

Dazzler needs sound to manipulate and use her power. If Siryn stops to breath and needs to regain some strength so she can scream again then i'm pretty sure Dazzler wont have enough sound to keep up whatever she is doing.

Tell me how Siryn lost her power from using a full force scream. I remember that. Her dad did the same thing.

How are you stronger than me? I've havn't seen anything too impressive from the rookie Spidergirl-III.

You asked everyone about force fields and they didn't have a problem with it? Apparently you didn't ask whirly, Dizzle, or myself; none of us are ok with it at the level you are trying to have it at.

Want to see the funniest quote of the day?
quote:

alright, honestly what the hell are you talking about? my legs would get desinigrated? that's the funniest thing I've heard all day lol. ripped apart? that's also funny.

It's funny because you think your little legs and arms without protection; or anything you throw will be able to make it through your force field. That's BS. That's right, a light force field that desintigrates anything that touches it including vibranium is BS. Especially when it only works one-way; then it doesn't even make sense.

Ripped apart? Yeah. Spider-girl III is a rookie with very little fighting experience and i'd be suprised if Dazzler or Siryn have the h2h fighting skills to take Mary Jane :P.

Doop Lives...

Old Post Sep 18th, 2005 11:51 PM