KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Battlezone » Tourney Battle #5

Tourney Battle #5
Started by: DigiMark007

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (15): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
long pig
Restricted

Account Restricted

How about Jinzin lets KVD argue by himself, he's a big boy, he can do it. big grin

Supa-Mayne!

Old Post Sep 25th, 2005 11:36 PM
long pig is currently offline Click here to Send long pig a Private Message Find more posts by long pig Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinzin

w-what... ME? what on earth are you talking about? lol... I'm not arguing, I'm simply pointing things out.... stick out tongue

Old Post Sep 25th, 2005 11:38 PM
jinzin is currently offline Click here to Send jinzin a Private Message Find more posts by jinzin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
long pig
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by K Von Doom
ryu hado ken >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> spiderman punch.

darhawk full on energy blast>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> spiderman punch.

a combination of the two>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>spiderman punch.

even with boxes floating around.. they won't get past the battle aura.. again.. aren't the boxes vibranium... and doesn't magnetism have problems affecting such?

his arms are not that fast for the purposes of this tourny either.. he was considerably depowered.. hence any uses of speed freak's speed feats are practically a moot point...

and just one super hado ken on Shocktopus' ass at the beginning of the fight using the reserves from my suit... that will kill you.. in zzero gravity you won't have the speed to dodge.. if you're still alive I follow up by taking off the helmet ... I win.

prrrrooooooooovvvvveeeeeeeeee iittttttt.

Supa-Mayne!

Old Post Sep 25th, 2005 11:39 PM
long pig is currently offline Click here to Send long pig a Private Message Find more posts by long pig Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sir Whirlysplat
Restricted

Account Restricted

Re: Tourney Battle #5

Originally posted by DigiMark007
I took the "Street Tourney" out of the title to shut whirly the hell up... wink

LP vs. KVD

Battle Location: NASA has been kind enough to lend us an anti-gravity chamber that they use to train astronauts. Stark Industries then coated everything in it with an adamantium/vibranium alloy, making the room essentially indestructible. The room is a 50x50x50 meter cube. Random boxes (also adamantium/vibranium) float around in the zero-gravity chamber to act as cover. Otherwise the room is featureless.

Prep: 15 minutes in a random room before being teleported to the battle.

Longpig –
Name: Dr. Shocktopus
Doc Ock II - http://www.spiderfan.org/characters...r_octopus2.html
Speedfreek (body) - http://www.marvunapp.com/Appendix2/speedfreek.htm
Electro - http://www.alaph.com/spiderman/enemies/electro.html
Equipment: Tentacles, laser gun and force field generator, Speedfreek’s armor and blades, barbed coils, bag of “snap”
Character Notes: Speedfreek cannot use his fly or augment his speed with flight. Small boosters in his feet can give him a brief forward burst, but nothing else.

KVD -
Name: Shadow Warrior 2099
Darkhawk - http://www.norse-man.net/Marvel/Char-D/Darkhawk.htm
http://darkhawkfan.bravehost.com/
Ryu - http://surbrook.devermore.net/streetfighter/sfryu.html
http://www.answers.com/main/ntquery...mp;linktext=Ryu
Spider-Man 2099 - http://www.geocities.com/Area51/7589/spi2099.html
Equipment: DH’s helmet, shoulder pads, grappling hook, and armor, spider-gear (web-shooters and whatnot)
Character Notes: Glider has been removed from outfit so Shadow Warrior cannot fly. The force field he can generate covers only the front of the person. Classic Ryu.
Spider-Sense: Easily dodge attacks from untrained opponents, and can dodge bullets/arrows/well trained opponents a modest amount of the time. Innate ‘warning’ system will also allow him to deflect or partially avoid blows or projectiles a modest amount of the time, thus incurring less-than-total damage from the blow/projectile.

A quick note on the power levels involved, since there was confusion last round. No one person chosen can violate any of the rules. If they do, they should not have been chosen, and their attributes will be assumed to be within the limits. However, any meshing of attributes and powers of various picks can be mixed together to form characters that exceed the limits. I had assumed that this was clear, but apparently it wasn't clear to everyone during the last round. However, that does not necesarily mean that if a participant says "My amalgam can destroy buildings easily" or "My character is as strong as Thor" you do not have to believe them. Make your own estimations as well as those given to you during the argument. I hope that clears things up.

thank you for taking street tourney out as it really wasn't streeet Digi

herd behavior is a comical thing - Thanks Silver Spider

Sir Whirlysplat is currently offline Click here to Send Sir Whirlysplat a Private Message Find more posts by Sir Whirlysplat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
long pig
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by jinzin
w-what... ME? what on earth are you talking about? lol... I'm not arguing, I'm simply pointing things out.... stick out tongue

Mhm, you've posted as much as he has, if not more. Hell, he didn't know half the shit about his armor until you told him just now.

No one has proved exactly how he'd gain spiderman's or Ryu's powers. Opinions don't really cut it, is there any proof of a way DH works the way he's trying to work him?

Supa-Mayne!

K Von Doom
Second fiddle

Originally posted by long pig
Two shields=better than one. Electricity is as fast as Darkforce, and Lasers are even faster. I can use both without using them through my tenticals. I can use them through my tenticals if I want.

You're going to be able to do all this WHILE being hit by sharp edged adamantium boxes coming at you at 100's of miles per hour? No, you're not.

Nothing on you is superior. Speed freek has cut people's heads off so fast that they continued talking after their heads have been cut off. He seriously can move his arms that fast.

That's why scoob is wrong. But no matter.

Quicksilver would drive a car better than anyone, so I'd use the arms better than anyone.

You're in 0g, you're uncontrolled. You can't fight correctly, you're being hit by 100lb boxes. I have near perfect control over my balance. You don't.

You won't be able to. You'll not be able to get past the first or second shield and you aren't fast enough to hit me. You don't have balance enough to hit me.

Yes, you do. You'll be grounded 90% of the time because you'll be hitting walls. You'll die.

Useless? How far do you think you can run away from me? All you have is 50 feet to hide. My blasts are lethal at 20 feet, paralyzing at 50. You die.

Oh, and do you even know how LONG my tenticals and coils are? They are longers than the actual box we are in...so actually, I can touch you any time I want with them. You can't run in a box, chump.

Longer than the box. Plus, adamantium coils that you can't break. You die.

They will, easily.

Each arm has a mind of it's own, so you can't sneak up on me or get behind me without being attacked by one. It's like having 6 eyes and 6 minds.

no biggie, you still die.

Yes, usually they are, but when one shield is weak-ass. What's the point? Yes, lazers are faster, and I dodge lazers for a living.

Boxes coming at me at 100mph are slower than lazers.

Your tentacles are limited to how fast the mechanics allow them to. Quicksilver CAN drive a car better than anyone but the car is still limited to how fast it can go. Normal person max speed = 210mph, Quicksilver in car max speed = 210mph.

Okay then...

My combined force blast, eye beam and fireballs will easily tear through your electrical shields. I don't think anyone here would dispute that.

I won't be hitting walls. I'm swinging by webs, which are insulate, and when I see that you're using electricity then I insulate myself mid swing, on the other side of the room which is 50 METERS, not feet. Read it again.

Your tentacles are longer than 50 meters, how the hell do you keep your balance! OMG, that's more than 150 feet. Lol

Doesn't matter if they have a mind of their own. They'd be destroyed by my initial attack to your harness, so no schizophrenia for you.

Old Post Sep 25th, 2005 11:43 PM
K Von Doom is currently offline Click here to Send K Von Doom a Private Message Find more posts by K Von Doom Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinzin

Mhm, you've posted as much as he has, if not more. Hell, he didn't know half the shit about his armor until you told him just now.

No one has proved exactly how he'd gain spiderman's or Ryu's powers. Opinions don't really cut it, is there any proof of a way DH works the way he's trying to work him?

actually i did, right here....

Originally posted by jinzin
actually if he uses spiderman's body he can easily do this... using spiderman's body with the dh crystal and ryu's mind/spirit... he has the powers of all three inviduals.. it works slightly like my amalgam did.. I added the symbiote onto sabretooth's body, and because tm's assets came from his mental state, all three of my boys were already covered....

likewise.. he can add the crystal to spidey's body and since ryu's mind and spirit are what give him his edge in battle than all three of his picks should be covered as well...

Old Post Sep 25th, 2005 11:48 PM
jinzin is currently offline Click here to Send jinzin a Private Message Find more posts by jinzin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
K Von Doom
Second fiddle

prrrrooooooooovvvvveeeeeeeeee iittttttt.

(please log in to view the image)

OMG!! Spiderman can punch harder than this!!! :-)

DH using the older, weaker armor, no less.

Old Post Sep 25th, 2005 11:50 PM
K Von Doom is currently offline Click here to Send K Von Doom a Private Message Find more posts by K Von Doom Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
K Von Doom
Second fiddle

Originally posted by Scoobless
what does Darkhawk's face look like?

Doesn't show it

Old Post Sep 25th, 2005 11:53 PM
K Von Doom
Second fiddle

And it ends up like this... much like what's happening to Shocktopus

Old Post Sep 25th, 2005 11:54 PM
long pig
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote:
Yes, usually they are, but when one shield is weak-ass. What's the point? Yes, lazers are faster, and I dodge lazers for a living.

So, you're faster than light now? bwahahaha. Anyone who is faster than laser is faster than light, therefore, beyond the rules.

No, you don't dodge anything when you're in zero G and being hit by massive adamantium boxes.

quote:
Boxes coming at me at 100mph are slower than lazers.

And you're slower than both. You can't dodge forever sonny, you'll be hit by a box, then you'll be damaged and you won't heal because if you do, you'll die.

quote:
Your tentacles are limited to how fast the mechanics allow them to. Quicksilver CAN drive a car better than anyone but the car is still limited to how fast it can go. Normal person max speed = 210mph, Quicksilver in car max speed = 210mph.

Depends on if the car has ever shown the inability to move fast enough for a QS. In this instance, it hasn't. The arms move faster than you do, no need in trying to refute it.

quote:
My combined force blast, eye beam and fireballs will easily tear through your electrical shields. I don't think anyone here would dispute that.

I would.
And it's doubtful you'd be capable of doing any of this in zero g while being hit in every direction by many different things. Boxes, lasers, Coils, Tenticals, electricity bolts.

quote:
I won't be hitting walls. I'm swinging by webs, which are insulate, and when I see that you're using electricity then I insulate myself mid swing, on the other side of the room which is 50 METERS, not feet. Read it again.

You'll just stop and chill and insulate yourself during combat? Why not hate a cup of tea while you're at it? Uhhh, no. Remember, you can't cling to walls around electro, and the room will be hot, your webs probably won't stick very well.

quote:
Your tentacles are longer than 50 meters, how the hell do you keep your balance! OMG, that's more than 150 feet. Lol

Meh.
They're 20 meters, telescopic.

Supa-Mayne!

Old Post Sep 25th, 2005 11:55 PM
long pig
Restricted

Account Restricted

OMG!! Spiderman can punch harder than this!!! :-)

DH using the older, weaker armor, no less.
Doesn't show it

And it ends up like this... much like what's happening to Shocktopus

Not impressed in the slightest.

So sorry. EMP field AND another virtual field is quite enough.

Supa-Mayne!

Old Post Sep 25th, 2005 11:59 PM
Sir Whirlysplat
Restricted

Account Restricted

The arms are directly attached to his nervous system its not a haptic interface - look it up if you don't understand - lps tentacles would move faster.

Old Post Sep 25th, 2005 11:59 PM
Sir Whirlysplat is currently offline Click here to Send Sir Whirlysplat a Private Message Find more posts by Sir Whirlysplat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
K Von Doom
Second fiddle

Not impressed in the slightest.

So sorry. EMP field AND another virtual field is quite enough.

Err... that's your defence for looking at the face? That's astounding!! I didn't know those shields made you blind.

Old Post Sep 26th, 2005 12:02 AM
K Von Doom
Second fiddle

So, you're faster than light now? bwahahaha. Anyone who is faster than laser is faster than light, therefore, beyond the rules.

Who said anything about faster than light?

Go Spidey!!!

Old Post Sep 26th, 2005 12:04 AM
Sir Whirlysplat
Restricted

Account Restricted

Err... that's your defence for looking at the face? That's astounding!! I didn't know those shields made you blind.

many things can make you blind KVD trust me on thissmile

Old Post Sep 26th, 2005 12:05 AM
K Von Doom
Second fiddle

Meh.
They're 20 meters, telescopic.

And the room is 50 meters, a lot of room to maneuver. Unless you want to run toward me, which you're welcome to.

Old Post Sep 26th, 2005 12:07 AM
K Von Doom
Second fiddle

And yet, LP still hasn't made up a defence for.....

Quickest fight ever: Shadow Warrior 2099 removes his helmet sending Dr Shocktopus into... shock... and he faints. Shadow Warrior 2099 wins in 3 seconds.

* see pic above for results

Old Post Sep 26th, 2005 12:11 AM
Khellendros
Sin in Pants

even with boxes floating around.. they won't get past the battle aura..

What's a battle aura?

Old Post Sep 26th, 2005 12:11 AM
Khellendros is currently offline Click here to Send Khellendros a Private Message Find more posts by Khellendros Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
K Von Doom
Second fiddle

Originally posted by Khellendros
What's a battle aura?

It's what Ryu surrounds himself with. "chi" generated.

Old Post Sep 26th, 2005 12:15 AM