KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Sports Forum » ufc/pride

ufc/pride
Started by: mr.smiley

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (264): « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Dr. Leg Kick
Aesculapius

quote: (post)
Originally posted by StyleTime
I don't really keep up with UFC anymore. Hughes really said he can take on the likes Fedor and other Pride fighters?
yes, in one of his interviews. i'll find it for u, give me one sec.

do u really believe hughes stands a chance against fedor? i dont even think he stands a chance against arlovski...but they are in difference classes.

Life is short and the art long, the occasion instant, experiment perilous, decision difficult.

Old Post May 28th, 2006 04:00 PM
Dr. Leg Kick is currently offline Click here to Send Dr. Leg Kick a Private Message Find more posts by Dr. Leg Kick Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dr. Leg Kick
Aesculapius

this is pathetic...

Aleksander Emelianenko destroy James Thompson in the first 11 seconds and this video makes it seem like Emelianenko lost

http://video.google.com/videoplay?d...enko+aleksander

pathetic

Life is short and the art long, the occasion instant, experiment perilous, decision difficult.

Old Post May 29th, 2006 07:55 PM
Dr. Leg Kick is currently offline Click here to Send Dr. Leg Kick a Private Message Find more posts by Dr. Leg Kick Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StyleTime

Originally posted by -hh-
yes, in one of his interviews. i'll find it for u, give me one sec.

do u really believe hughes stands a chance against fedor? i dont even think he stands a chance against arlovski...but they are in difference classes.

HAha. Hughes does not stand a chance at all against Fedor. Noone in the UFC stands a chance against Fedor. Crocop and Noguiera are the only guys who have a chance really and noone in the UFC could take them either.

Yeah. That video was weird.

Old Post May 30th, 2006 04:03 AM
StyleTime is currently offline Click here to Send StyleTime a Private Message Find more posts by StyleTime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dr. Leg Kick
Aesculapius

HAha. Hughes does not stand a chance at all against Fedor. Noone in the UFC stands a chance against Fedor. Crocop and Noguiera are the only guys who have a chance really and noone in the UFC could take them either.

Yeah. That video was weird.

hopefully i dont sound stupid for saying this, but i believe Arlovski is the only UFC fighter who can ONE DAY stand a chance against the likes of Cro Cop, Noguiera, Mark Hunt, and Fedor Emelianenko...

i think if the guy trains more, and becomes more patient in his fights (his lose to Sylvia was cuz of his rushing to punch), he'll stand a chance.

Old Post May 30th, 2006 05:58 AM
StyleTime

hopefully i dont sound stupid for saying this, but i believe Arlovski is the only UFC fighter who can ONE DAY stand a chance against the likes of Cro Cop, Noguiera, Mark Hunt, and Fedor Emelianenko...

i think if the guy trains more, and becomes more patient in his fights (his lose to Sylvia was cuz of his rushing to punch), he'll stand a chance.

I don't think Arlovski has what it takes even with more training. The top tier guys of Pride just seem to be more polished and have more natural talent. Arlovski's is just out of his league there. His grappling is nowhere near as technical as Noguiera's, his striking is nowhere near as precise as Cro Cop's, and he is nowhere near as well rounded as Fedor.

Honestly, Chuck Liddell is probably the most skilled guy in UFC, and he couldn't even make it past Rampage in Pride. Still, Chuck is the only reason I'd ever watch UFC seriously anymore and I think he should give Pride another try.

Old Post May 30th, 2006 06:17 PM
StyleTime is currently offline Click here to Send StyleTime a Private Message Find more posts by StyleTime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dr. Leg Kick
Aesculapius

I don't think Arlovski has what it takes even with more training. The top tier guys of Pride just seem to be more polished and have more natural talent. Arlovski's is just out of his league there. His grappling is nowhere near as technical as Noguiera's, his striking is nowhere near as precise as Cro Cop's, and he is nowhere near as well rounded as Fedor.

Honestly, Chuck Liddell is probably the most skilled guy in UFC, and he couldn't even make it past Rampage in Pride. Still, Chuck is the only reason I'd ever watch UFC seriously anymore and I think he should give Pride another try.
u really think so? i like Chuck and i think he has great kickboxing skills, but the guy throws random punches everywhere and he misses most of them. still...he has a very powerful punch.

i think Arlovski can take Liddell.

i dunno why i think this, but Arlovski seems to be the most well rounded fighter in the UFC. i give him 3-6 more years and he'll be one of the best fighters. his sambo skills are nice, and his strikes are pretty fast. I just think Arlovski is impatient when it comes to fighting...his lose to Tim Sylvia was pathetic.

Old Post May 30th, 2006 07:21 PM
StyleTime

u really think so? i like Chuck and i think he has great kickboxing skills, but the guy throws random punches everywhere and he misses most of them. still...he has a very powerful punch.

i think Arlovski can take Liddell.

i dunno why i think this, but Arlovski seems to be the most well rounded fighter in the UFC. i give him 3-6 more years and he'll be one of the best fighters. his sambo skills are nice, and his strikes are pretty fast. I just think Arlovski is impatient when it comes to fighting...his lose to Tim Sylvia was pathetic.

Chuck doesn't throw random punches. He usually throws well aimed counter punches. Watch him against Vernon White.

Arlovski could win but only because they are in different weight classes. I'd still say Chuck is more skilled.

Old Post May 30th, 2006 07:43 PM
Dr. Leg Kick
Aesculapius

Chuck doesn't throw random punches. He usually throws well aimed counter punches. Watch him against Vernon White.

Arlovski could win but only because they are in different weight classes. I'd still say Chuck is more skilled.
hmmmm i dont know...

chuck and arlovski are my two favorite UFC fighters...same with Parisyan but damn...if u really think about it....none of them will ever stand a chance in PRIDE.

Chuck showed some signs of success in pride but cmon lets be serious....he got his ass kicked.

Old Post May 30th, 2006 09:06 PM
Dr. Leg Kick
Aesculapius

and i thought really hard about it and im either going to take up Muay Thai or Kickboxing.

right now....im thinking kickboxing...

i just want to learn something effective...

Old Post May 30th, 2006 11:23 PM
StyleTime

hmmmm i dont know...

chuck and arlovski are my two favorite UFC fighters...same with Parisyan but damn...if u really think about it....none of them will ever stand a chance in PRIDE.

Chuck showed some signs of success in pride but cmon lets be serious....he got his ass kicked.

I know neither stand a chance of being a top tier fighter in Pride. I just hate to see Chuck's skill wasted in the UFC. I think he could grow more from Pride.

Kickboxing is a good choice. Make it sure it's not that Cardio-kickboxing crap though. You might want to add some grappling eventually as well.

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2006 09:51 PM
Dr. Leg Kick
Aesculapius

I know neither stand a chance of being a top tier fighter in Pride. I just hate to see Chuck's skill wasted in the UFC. I think he could grow more from Pride.

Kickboxing is a good choice. Make it sure it's not that Cardio-kickboxing crap though. You might want to add some grappling eventually as well.
yea i know, that cardio-kickboxing stuff is bullshit. i've done my research stick out tongue

yea im thinking Kickboxing...then some Muay Thai...and then if i decide to really compete i'll take up ArmenianGrappling/Jiu Jitsu.

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2006 11:54 PM
thanospimphand
I backhandith thee face

cro cop and fedor would destroy chuck all day long

backhandin green bitches on a regular

Old Post Jan 7th, 2007 02:13 AM
thanospimphand is currently offline Click here to Send thanospimphand a Private Message Find more posts by thanospimphand Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dr. Leg Kick
Aesculapius

Originally posted by thanospimphand
cro cop and fedor would destroy chuck all day long
cro cop n fedor are heavyweights, chuck is lhw. big difference.

but yes, in a open weight fight, chuck won't stand a chance.

Old Post Jan 7th, 2007 09:21 AM
Dr. Strangelove
The King Stay The King

Does anyone have the Rashad Evans KO on Salmons. I missed it.

Did anyone see the Herring vs. O'Brien match? Easily the worst fight I've ever seen. Herring looked like trash. There was stuff that I, a novice UFC/Pride watcher, knew you shouldn't be doing. O'Brien wasn't much better considering he was given about 30 chances to stop the fight. Was Herring anything good in Pride because he looked beyond amateurish in this fight?

“As flies to wanton boys are we to the gods, they kill us for their sport.”

Last edited by Dr. Strangelove on Jan 26th, 2007 at 10:01 PM

Old Post Jan 26th, 2007 09:59 PM
Dr. Strangelove is currently offline Click here to Send Dr. Strangelove a Private Message Find more posts by Dr. Strangelove Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dr. Leg Kick
Aesculapius

The Rashad KO was good. Rashad is getting better and better.

As for Heath Herring, what was up with his stance? I tried to find out why his stance was so weird, and apparently Joe Rogan said that Herring had a torn MCL. Not to make any excuses, but Herring should have won. Herring was a decent fighter in Pride.

check out the fights i upload. i'll upload my Herring fights soon.

http://www.dailymotion.com/Noubs

Old Post Jan 28th, 2007 07:13 PM
Dr. Leg Kick
Aesculapius

my bad, forgot to post the KO

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Jan 28th, 2007 07:22 PM
Joe K
I dee kay.

Randy Couture is coming back to try to get the title! But my favorite UFC fighter is Chuck "the Iceman" Liddell!

Old Post Jan 29th, 2007 03:05 PM
Joe K is currently offline Click here to Send Joe K a Private Message Find more posts by Joe K Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dr. Leg Kick
Aesculapius

Couture is coming back, but he looks terrible at HW. Anyway, he's gonna have alot of trouble with Tim Sylvia. Sylvia has reach and height advantage. Couture has to to take him down by getting a hold of his knees and using his greco-roman strenght to take him down.

As much as i want Couture to win, i also want him to lose. If he wins and becomes champ, he's going to get murdered by Mirko Cro Cop.

Originally posted by G U I T A R
Randy Couture is coming back to try to get the title! But my favorite UFC fighter is Chuck "the Iceman" Liddell!
congratu****inglations

Old Post Jan 29th, 2007 10:30 PM
Dr. Strangelove
The King Stay The King

Yeah and Silvia showed in his last fight that he has got good ground defense as Monson couldn't do anything against him even when he got on the ground.

I wish Cro Crop would fight Silvia right now. I'm tired of seeing the Heavyweight champion coast through the late rounds to win a fight.

“As flies to wanton boys are we to the gods, they kill us for their sport.”

Old Post Jan 29th, 2007 11:44 PM
Dr. Strangelove is currently offline Click here to Send Dr. Strangelove a Private Message Find more posts by Dr. Strangelove Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dr. Leg Kick
Aesculapius

Pride 33 Looks IMPRESSIVE!!!

Fightcard:

Wanderlei Silva vs Dan Henderson
Takanori Gomi vs Nick Diaz
Kazuhiro Nakamura vs Travis Wiuff
Hayato Sakurai vs Mac Danzig
Kazuo Misaki vs Frank Trigg

Other Participants:

Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira
Antonio Rogerio Nogueira
Ricardo Arona
Alexander Emelianenko
Fujita Kazuyuki
Cung Le (50-50 chance that he will be on the card. Planning to be on Pride 35)

Fight Rumors and Participants:

Ricardo Arona vs Brandon Vera (i dont believe it)
Sergei Kharitonov vs Gilbert Yvel
Joe Doerksen
James Te Huna
Josh Neer (Planning to be on Pride 35)
Wes Sims

Old Post Jan 30th, 2007 12:28 AM