KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Pirates of the Caribbean » The end scene of AWE

The end scene of AWE
Started by: LovelyOne

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
a-k-a-amber

the ending will hopefully be Will being Fish Face Jr. Elizabeth With Jack or alone sailing away and Jack either with Elizabeth or Sailing off into the sunset

"It would never have worked out between us."..... "Keep telling yourself that darling."

Old Post Nov 12th, 2006 04:54 AM
a-k-a-amber is currently offline Click here to Send a-k-a-amber a Private Message Find more posts by a-k-a-amber Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Pirates life fo

I know the feeling Surreal. I am a Monkey/Liz shipper but I dont think it's going to happen.

Old Post Nov 12th, 2006 04:54 AM
Pirates life fo is currently offline Click here to Send Pirates life fo a Private Message Find more posts by Pirates life fo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
a-k-a-amber

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Pirates life fo
I know the feeling Surreal. I am a Monkey/Liz shipper but I dont think it's going to happen.
lol thats wierd....
lol in a good way big grin

"It would never have worked out between us."..... "Keep telling yourself that darling."

Old Post Nov 12th, 2006 04:56 AM
a-k-a-amber is currently offline Click here to Send a-k-a-amber a Private Message Find more posts by a-k-a-amber Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Pirates life fo

It just dawned on me. The Jack/Liz ship IS the ship I am on. This whole time I thought you all might have been referring to Jack Sparrow and Liz being together. It's Jack the Monkey isnt it.

Old Post Nov 12th, 2006 04:58 AM
Pirates life fo is currently offline Click here to Send Pirates life fo a Private Message Find more posts by Pirates life fo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mistypirate
Viva Sparrabeth!!

LOL I'm a dog/monkey shipper I have hopes that is going to happen. Am I considered a pervert.?

Old Post Nov 12th, 2006 05:00 AM
Mistypirate is currently offline Click here to Send Mistypirate a Private Message Find more posts by Mistypirate Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
a-k-a-amber

roflol......no it aint

Old Post Nov 12th, 2006 05:00 AM
Mistypirate
Viva Sparrabeth!!

Originally posted by Pirates life fo
It just dawned on me. The Jack/Liz ship IS the ship I am on. This whole time I thought you all might have been referring to Jack Sparrow and Liz being together. It's Jack the Monkey isnt it.

LMAO They would make cute couple, if they do this pairing the movie will do 5 billion at the box office.

Old Post Nov 12th, 2006 05:01 AM
Mistypirate is currently offline Click here to Send Mistypirate a Private Message Find more posts by Mistypirate Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
lovethemtigers

Well, all I know is that when I watch the scenes with jack and Liz I get a tingly feeling and I feel happy and I'm excited to see them in a scene together...when Will shows up on the beach I was bummed out..I was so hoping he would just disappear...but that's Just me *shrugs*.....I feel a real chemistry between Jack and Liz and obviously so do alot of people, as they have been nominated for best coupling of the year for the People's Choice Awards in January.....(not Will and Liz, JACK AND LIZ). It just seems to me the close proximity between the two in there scenes speaks volumes.....and yes, I do believe Jack is flirting with Liz, trying to get a reaction from her, but What I'm saying is he gets caught up in the flirting and besides....the clues tells us that he has been thinking of her...he wants her, but he doesn't want to want her...."something's got Jack vexed" says Mr. Gibbs.....oh what can it be...then in Tia's cabin we learn what vexes men most, a woman...."ah, Jack Sparrow don't know what he want, or maybe he do know, but is loathe to claim it as his own..."....too many lines ...too many clues...."a wedding interupted or fate intervenes"....a sinking wedding dress.....oh gosh, I just can't go down this road again....we all know the clues...I said I wasn't going to post anymore, and here I go...I'm too old for this...but I do know what I saw in the two movies and what I believe to be true....and no matter what happens in AWE I will always believe it is Jack and Elizabeth who truly belong together....

Old Post Nov 12th, 2006 05:06 AM
lovethemtigers is currently offline Click here to Send lovethemtigers a Private Message Find more posts by lovethemtigers Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
lovethemtigers

And, he doesn't seemed puzzled by the kiss...just before the kiss he has this very serious look on his face...he's no dummy..he knew a kiss was c oming...she was staring intently at his lips...the first time I saw the movie I could feel it coming right at that moment.....and I still say the kiss is way hotter and sexier than any kiss she ever shared with old eunich boy...

Old Post Nov 12th, 2006 05:07 AM
lovethemtigers is currently offline Click here to Send lovethemtigers a Private Message Find more posts by lovethemtigers Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
a-k-a-amber

GO LOVETHEMTIGERS!!!!

Old Post Nov 12th, 2006 05:08 AM
willofthewisp
Savvy did my sig

Hells yeah! To be honest, I didn't expect her to actually do it. I thought she would try and someone would get their attention like with the curiosity scene. So it took me by surprise.....very pleasant surprise.
Maybe the AWE will end similarly, only with some clothing removal after the kiss and none of this abandoning people to their deaths!

Old Post Nov 12th, 2006 05:10 AM
willofthewisp is currently offline Click here to Send willofthewisp a Private Message Find more posts by willofthewisp Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
lovethemtigers

oh I hope so...wouldn't it be funny if Johnny and Keira win best couple ...then what would t and t have to say about that.....it's so obvious what the majority of the fans want...more Jack and Liz...

Old Post Nov 12th, 2006 05:28 AM
lovethemtigers

I agree with kate.....I think it would be a great ending to have Jack witness the wedding...then politely bow out and appear to sail off with the two whores and then .....we see him all of a sudden show up by Liz's side...just like when he came back from the longboat back onto the Pearl to save the day.....maybe he'll get back just in time to grab Liz before she faints after Will stabs the heart.....and he tells Liz he loves her and knows she doesn't feel the same way...but is willing to be just friends but cannot go on without being around her..and she tells him he is wrong...that she does love him.....truly and madly and deeply loves Jack....

as a side note...I dont' think she realizes that she is in love with Jack at the end of DMC...I think she knows she has some very strong feelings for Jack....but she hasn't faced what those feelings are just yet...in AWE I think she will start to realize it as she continues to fight that attraction and convince herself she belongs with Will...yes, I know She loves Will...but as we've said many times...i don't think she is "in love" madly, deeply with Will...and that what Movie and fantasy love is all about...that heart stopping love that leaves the audience hanging on the edge of their seat for just one more touch, one more kiss, one more glance,.....the kind that I see between jack and liz.....gosh, I sound like a broken record....

Old Post Nov 12th, 2006 05:35 AM
Mistypirate
Viva Sparrabeth!!

laughing out loud no wonder why you went to the therapy thread. But It was a pretty good post. I wish this would happen.

Old Post Nov 12th, 2006 06:01 AM
Bicnarok
From Ganymede

jack loves treasure, will loves the woman. The ending will be obvious, or maybe there wont be an ending.

There´s still a lot more to explore in the pirate world.

I wonder if Black beard will show up, or jim lad.

Old Post Nov 14th, 2006 04:42 PM
Bicnarok is currently offline Click here to Send Bicnarok a Private Message Find more posts by Bicnarok Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LovelyOne

Originally posted by Bicnarok
jack loves treasure, will loves the woman. The ending will be obvious, or maybe there wont be an ending.

There´s still a lot more to explore in the pirate world.

I wonder if Black beard will show up, or jim lad.

maybe you are right... it was a bunch of tresure on the pearl that Jack went back to rescue because he loves treasure. Was it a chest of treasure looking up at him like a god and clinging to his leg?..since when in the movie did you get the vibe that Jack is after treasure?

In the commentary of DMC, Terry and Ted(writers) basically say that Jack wants Elizabeth but doesnt want to want her.

and here is what they say is the whole point of DMC and the series as a whole:

quote:
Box Office Mojo: What is the meaning of the series?
Ted Elliott: It's a study of what is a pirate. How free can you really be? What are those trade-offs? Jack kind of represents the ultimate free man? he really has no obligations to anybody, and, obviously, if you make an obligation to somebody, you're limiting your own freedom. But, if you're not willing to limit your own freedom, you can't have those relationships. If you look at Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest from that point of view,you kind of see what really leads to Jack's ultimate fate and why Elizabeth does what she does.
-from boxofficemojo.com

^^^ that right there means that Jack was worrying about making Elizabeth (the woman) and obligation and not treasure that is why he doesnt want to want Elizabeth and by the end he decided he would tie himself down to her it seems.

I'm also pretty sure Will was going after his father in the movie and not the woman

Also Tia Dalma basically states to Jack that Elizabeth is whats vexing him..and he's worried about claiming her for his own..that is why his compass if fgoin crazy on him.

Also right from the get go she is on his mind according to Ted Elliot "why is the rum always gone"

even as movie 1 closed it can be argued she was on his mind..he left singing the pirate song she taught him on the beach...(the first time she beat him at his own game)I dont understand how people just dont see that Jack wants Elizabeth..and is considering having her on a long term basis in DMC..because he is considering it through out most of the movie.

Last edited by LovelyOne on Nov 14th, 2006 at 05:01 PM

Old Post Nov 14th, 2006 04:49 PM
LovelyOne is currently offline Click here to Send LovelyOne a Private Message Find more posts by LovelyOne Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
calypso

Move over Lovethemtigers, I am getting in that boat with you.
Great perspective. But don't leave we need all the shippers here to maintain some togetherness.

Old Post Nov 14th, 2006 04:51 PM
calypso is currently offline Click here to Send calypso a Private Message Find more posts by calypso Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mistypirate
Viva Sparrabeth!!

Hey Bicnarok
Each of the characters started to develop in DMC, Jacks character is starting to let go of his material things, he is probably seeing life in another way. You can notice this about Jack, when he goes back to rescue the crew from the Kraken, and the line that he said to Gibs, 'she is only a ship mate'. Liz's character is changing as well, emotionally wise. She clearly wants other things, she wants to be free from her constricting past life. William now has others priorities in mind, although he might love and care about her, his mind is somewhere else. Perhaps on saving his father. And yes I agree with you there is still a lot of more things to explore, they cant let all that has happened unresolved. And I hope Black beard shows up and starts scarring the heck out of everyone. That would be an interesting thing.
smile

Old Post Nov 14th, 2006 04:54 PM
LovelyOne

Originally posted by lovethemtigers
And, he doesn't seemed puzzled by the kiss...just before the kiss he has this very serious look on his face...he's no dummy..he knew a kiss was c oming...she was staring intently at his lips...the first time I saw the movie I could feel it coming right at that moment.....and I still say the kiss is way hotter and sexier than any kiss she ever shared with old eunich boy...

he actually looks at her lips right there..

as a matter of fact in every scene where she's in close proximity..he glances down at her lips..twice in the curiosity convo

and when he says the compass points to what he wants most in the world..he looks At Liz and her lips with such a wanting in his eyes.

and for people to say that he's not interested in her at all in DMC until after the kiss..I would say that was wrong..he wants her but doesn't want to want her..when she comes into his life..he finds it hard to resist...and right at the end...dude...HE WANTS HER laughing out loud

and IMO not just for sex..He's serious about commitment here people don't go back and bravely blow up Krakens all in the name of sex....as DMC closes the only thing jack really wants in his life is Elizabeth..she completes him...notice how the hat she was wearing in the movie (as if its his missing part) was basically given back to him after that kiss and she doesn't have it? IMO it shows that she completes him.

Or it means she doesn't really lol

Last edited by LovelyOne on Nov 14th, 2006 at 05:41 PM

Old Post Nov 14th, 2006 05:38 PM
LovelyOne is currently offline Click here to Send LovelyOne a Private Message Find more posts by LovelyOne Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
a-k-a-amber

when he's explaining the compass on the docks in tortuga he looks at her lips when he sayd "the thing you want most in this world" i noticed and he looks like he really REALLY wants her

sorry Lovely i think you put that in the above post too

Old Post Nov 14th, 2006 06:48 PM