KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » Comic Books » The Omniverse, (the structure of all Comic Universes)

The Omniverse, (the structure of all Comic Universes)
Started by: Horrificus

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (13): « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
tsilamini

ummmmm

what are we inventing now?

Old Post Nov 21st, 2006 01:05 AM
tsilamini is currently offline Click here to Send tsilamini a Private Message Find more posts by tsilamini Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Horrificus

Mr. Master... I'm not really sure why you are getting so angry and negative. But, I do know it should stop.
You call the map "rubbish" for some reason, yet it is totally correct. Except, POSSIBLY for the existence of the DC Multiverse in he same Omniverse as the Marvel Multiverse.
And, if it makes you happy, and you do more than show weak evidences, such as Nebula stating she will be the most powerful being in the Omniverse, I would be more than happy to pluck the DC Multiverse out of there!

I am not going to base the structure of all time and space on you showing me scans like that. The books can say whatever they want, but they may be wrong. The books constantly negate eachother.

While you are trying to force your personal view of what has happened on panel, I am trying to come up with a way to view EVERYTHING, EVERYWHERE.

Now, please, stop Scan-Spamming, and giving your interpretations of the frames. And, also stop demeaning the input from other forum members.
I created this thread as a place to "Brainstorm" the situation, and get some ideas.
Not trounce everybody that is not on the same page as you.
As I tried to get through to you, just because a character states something, does not mean we blindly build a mythos around it.
Nebula is NOT the most powerful being in the Omniverse with the UN.
That is silly.
Out of an Infinite number of Multiverses, filled with an Infinite number of Universes, Nebula with the UN is the most powerful being? Do you hear how stupid that sounds?
Do you really want to back that statement?
Read the books.
Enjoy the books.
Use common sense when debating.

Old Post Nov 21st, 2006 01:16 AM
Horrificus is currently offline Click here to Send Horrificus a Private Message Find more posts by Horrificus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Horrificus

And, just so you know, the model and terms I have used for the map are all being used in the field right now. I made nothing up.

All I have done, is tried to use the model to help give trackable structure to the Comic Book Realms.

If you all decide to drop DC in a separate Omniverse, go for it.

Old Post Nov 21st, 2006 01:28 AM
Horrificus is currently offline Click here to Send Horrificus a Private Message Find more posts by Horrificus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr Master

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Horrificus
Ya see, that's what I think too.

If you only knew who your agreeing with. laughing

Characters mentioning the terms "Multiverse" and "Omniverse" just isn't good enough.
Unless a Multiverse or Omnierse is shown to be effected, or unless action is occurring on a multiversal or omniversal level, why should it be considered as fact?

I don't wanna say it, but you have to either be on drugs, or you have serious issues.

I'm sorry but you made me waste my time.

I just posted a plethora of SCANS involving the MULTI-VERSE that houses the 616 Universe, which was a CHESS BOARD in Merlin's Realm.

It was ARTISTICALLY DEPICTED, ON PANEL,

YES, YES ACTION!!!!

Maybe in the mythos of Excalibur, there is a Universe or even a Multiverse that is NAMED the Omniverse, but it is not the true Omniverse that the Marvel Universe floats in.

No,

maybe in the Mythos of your head, how about that.

What a nincompoop.

Old Post Nov 21st, 2006 01:43 AM
Mr Master is currently offline Click here to Send Mr Master a Private Message Find more posts by Mr Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr Master

Mr. Master... I'm not really sure why you are getting so angry and negative. But, I do know it should stop.
You call the map "rubbish" for some reason, yet it is totally correct. Except, POSSIBLY for the existence of the DC Multiverse in he same Omniverse as the Marvel Multiverse.
And, if it makes you happy, and you do more than show weak evidences, such as Nebula stating she will be the most powerful being in the Omniverse, I would be more than happy to pluck the DC Multiverse out of there!

I am not going to base the structure of all time and space on you showing me scans like that. The books can say whatever they want, but they may be wrong. The books constantly negate eachother.

Right, the books are wrong, annnnnd....your right.

Are you for real?

While you are trying to force your personal view of what has happened on panel, I am trying to come up with a way to view EVERYTHING, EVERYWHERE.

You haven't come up with JACK!

All you've done is

with absolutely NO PROOF of ANYTHING!!!

Now, please, stop Scan-Spamming, and giving your interpretations of the frames.

It's called ON PANEL PROOF, charlie.

Yes, I know, we should stick to your soundless ideas and theories without a shred of evidence.

And, also stop demeaning the input from other forum members.

It was one member that insulted my ON PANEL PROOF FIRST.

Do you just like, love to see your own words on the screen and completely ignore and dismiss everything else that thrashes your conjured fantasies into the ground? (WITH ON PANEL PROOF)

I created this thread as a place to "Brainstorm" the situation, and get some ideas.

What ideas?

A bunch of gibberish is all I see coming from you my child.

AND even your gibberish is baseless. laughing out loud

Not trounce everybody that is not on the same page as you.

I've done no such thing,

but your a close minded individual, and somebody had to say it.

As I tried to get through to you, just because a character states something, does not mean we blindly build a mythos around it.

"statements"

If you stop licking yourself for like 5 minutes, you might take the time to READ the ON PANEL PROOF I posted, of the MULTI_VERSE being used like child's play by Roma and Merlin, (and YES, that was the MULTI-VERSE that INCLUDES the 616 UNIVERSE) with a BUNCH of OTHER MULTI-VERSES floating around.

What more OMNIVERSAL you want my dear boy?

Nebula is NOT the most powerful being in the Omniverse with the UN.
That is silly.
Out of an Infinite number of Multiverses, filled with an Infinite number of Universes, Nebula with the UN is the most powerful being? Do you hear how stupid that sounds?

AGAIN,

for ignoring POSTS, all you saw was that,

the baboon who said,

"are there other issues besides Captain Britain that MENTION the OMNI-VERSE?"

I replied YES, and showed him WHERE it has been MENTIONED.

Do you really want to back that statement?
Read the books.
Enjoy the books.
Use common sense when debating.

Last edited by Mr Master on Nov 21st, 2006 at 02:03 AM

Old Post Nov 21st, 2006 02:01 AM
Mr Master is currently offline Click here to Send Mr Master a Private Message Find more posts by Mr Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

well, THIS is going well . . .

for the record, i think it pretty clear there IS an omniverse in marvel that would -- i would imagine -- include every issue of every book ever put out by the marvel company. dc may well have something similar -- a megaverse for lack of a term -- but it hasn't really been acknowledged in a book -- least not that i'm aware of.

in any event, the 2 companies have had contact, so whatever contains each company, is apparently itself contained by something larger that encompasses both. and no, jokes aside, it is assinine to try and include our 'real' world in within teh bounds of these fictional creations . . . criminy . . .

Last edited by leonidas on Nov 21st, 2006 at 02:08 AM

Old Post Nov 21st, 2006 02:05 AM
leonidas is currently offline Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Horrificus

MM, just a day ago, you were telling people to disregard something that was printed on panel, because you said it was a "Typo".
You throwing scans on here, and giving us your opinion of them, means nothing to me.
And, do you really believe that for every scan you show that says one thing, there aren't a ton of scans from another book stating something different?
That is just stupid.
I even invited you to this thread to get your ideas. And, you still showed up with negative intentions.
And, to be honest, I think you are stupid. I believe, as do others in here, that you are just an arrogant child, with lots of scans, and lots of time.
I have no idea what you are even arguing about anymore. Do you?
Telling people they have "issues" because they disagreed with you peacefully? If that isn't a sign of "issues", I don't know what is.
Calling people names, and making fun of people that are not on-board with your thoughts.
But, I guess you need to empower yourself somewhere, and form what I have seen, this is probably the only place in your life where that happens.
Why don't you run along now, and impress some other forum members with your scans, and the ability to write the same opinions over and over.
Again, I still have no idea what your problem is, and why you started getting nasty. All I tried to do, was give a visual representation of what has been described in the Comic Books.
I don't even care what was done in an Excalibur book, with Roma, Merlin, or anybody else. All I cared about, was showing the Realms.
You are absolutely insane.

If you are a child, I feel bad for your parents. If you are an adult, you have no business being in here around kids.

Old Post Nov 21st, 2006 03:03 AM
One Big Mob
Dead

Originally posted by leonidas
hey g,

that scan is actually from new adventures of the xmen #12. the series is not supposed to be in continuity, but the rpesence of the lt in that issue made what happened apparently canon. for those interested: that's ALSO the issue where phoenix was said to have had a part in galactus's birth. #12 showed the end of the old universe and birth of the current one . . . whistle

ps--all's i'm saying with the scan and xovers there must be something even BIGGER than the omniverse, something that truly does engulf BOTH companies' respective worlds . . .
So every book with LT is canon?
LT needing help to beat Galactus is canon?
Sure it happened in the multiverse, or whatever, but that doesn't mean it applies to 616.

Anyway, Marvel vs DC isn't canon... if it is then that means that Wolverine beat Lobo. eek!
And these brothers were taken from that non canon crossover, so that story shouldn't apply as canon.

Oh ya, in Vertigo, Micheal hit Lucifer with an omniversal big bang. It didn't affect Marvel.

Old Post Nov 21st, 2006 03:26 AM
One Big Mob is currently offline Click here to Send One Big Mob a Private Message Find more posts by One Big Mob Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Horrificus

Originally posted by bigbran
Sure it happened in the multiverse, or whatever, but that doesn't mean it applies to 616.

Anyway, Marvel vs DC isn't canon... if it is then that means that Wolverine beat Lobo. eek!
And these brothers were taken from that non canon crossover, so that story shouldn't apply as canon.

Oh ya, in Vertigo, Micheal hit Lucifer with an omniversal big bang. It didn't affect Marvel.

If that's true, then that is the end of the debate.

The Official DC Core Universe is a part of it's own Omniverse. Which, obviously means that DC Comics Does use an Omniverse definition.

Thanks Bran.

We are looking at a Bi-Omniversal Model.

Old Post Nov 21st, 2006 04:48 AM
Horrificus

Marvel Omniversal Map

Marvel Omniversal Map

Attachment: marvel omniversal map.jpg
This has been downloaded 97 time(s).

Old Post Nov 21st, 2006 04:49 AM
Horrificus

DC Omniversal Map

DC Omniversal Map

Attachment: dc omniversal map.jpg
This has been downloaded 97 time(s).

Old Post Nov 21st, 2006 04:50 AM
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

Originally posted by bigbran

there is ONE lt, so yeah, whatever he has his hand in actually happened -- in regards to him at least. why do you think there was the hullabaloo about the way he handled korvac?

and who said anything about marvel vs dc being canon . . .? confused the brothers were used elsewhere and at one time the vs WAS considered (loosely) to be canon.

Old Post Nov 21st, 2006 12:28 PM
leonidas is currently offline Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
One Big Mob
Dead

there is ONE lt, so yeah, whatever he has his hand in actually happened -- in regards to him at least. why do you think there was the hullabaloo about the way he handled korvac?

and who said anything about marvel vs dc being canon . . .? confused the brothers were used elsewhere and at one time the vs WAS considered (loosely) to be canon.
No I mean it doesn't apply to 616.
Which means it isn't canon to anyone else, other than LT, and that universe.

Well, I'm saying this because the brothers in canon were never that high at all. It was only in the crossover that they were portrayed as gods.
Thus making them irrelevent.
In a crossover (non canon) Superman could be the high being, but in normal DC, he isn't.
Thus making the crossover non useable.
You get my point?

Old Post Nov 21st, 2006 04:29 PM
One Big Mob is currently offline Click here to Send One Big Mob a Private Message Find more posts by One Big Mob Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

okay . . . confused

anyway, we're off topic. wink

Old Post Nov 21st, 2006 05:06 PM
One Big Mob
Dead

okay . . . confused

anyway, we're off topic. wink
Curses!

Is there really any more room for this omniverse discussion?

Old Post Nov 21st, 2006 05:08 PM
Mr Master

Ok, atleast there's some legitimate debate going on in this catastrophy of a thread.

Actually TRUE Debaters,

That one arc involving LT, (Last Planet Standing) is Officially Non-Canon/Not in continuity in every way according to Marvel.

The Korvac event is Canon.

The Korvac issue simply prooves how silly What if's are though they're Canon.

LT's Ultimate Judgement back in 1982 was to create a Super Nova (a feat just below the Human Torches capability, yes, Johnny Storm friends laughing out loud )

And yet, LT CAN detach and contain an Entire Universe from the rest of the Multi-verse.

They atleast had the decency to try and make Mistress Death the culprit behind the scenes, somehow Mistress Death protected Korvac from LT's super nova attack.

Old Post Nov 21st, 2006 06:31 PM
Horrificus

Thanks for the Imput Mr. Master!
Always Positive, always a Pleasure!

Anyway...

Besides LT, what other characters do we have in Authority over our Multiverse?

I know Mr. "Friendly" talks about Merlin and Roma working the Omniversal situation, but who is working on a Multiversal level?

Old Post Nov 21st, 2006 08:36 PM
Mr Master

Thanks for the Imput Mr. Master!

Your welcome.

Always Positive,

smile

always a Pleasure!

That's what my X always said.

Besides LT, what other characters do we have in Authority over our Multiverse?

I know Mr. "Friendly" talks about Merlin and Roma working the Omniversal situation, but who is working on a Multiversal level?

Well, right now (in no particular order)

Roma is the Multiversal Guardian.

The Infinites are the maintainance crew of the Multi-verse.

The Makers teleported Souls from every Universe in the Multi-verse, and placed them in the Universe they remade, which houses the Micro-verse.

Abraxas was killing every Alternate Reed Richards in the Multi-verse simultaneously.

Post Retcon Molecule Man nearly destroyed the Multi-verse.

Post Retcon Beyonder, though not as powerful as Molecule Man, is eesential to the Multi-verse, if his essence dies, "havoc unthinkable would be wrecked across Multiversal Cosmography" (that's a direct quote from the issue)

Atleza is the Multiversal Anchor, she juggles Multi-Eternity like you and I would blow soap bubbles in the air.

Oblivion, in his greatest form, swallows Multi-verses that collapse, are destroyed, nullified, and displaced by a weakened Anchor

That's about the whole gang, excluding artifacts or weapons.

Last edited by Mr Master on Nov 21st, 2006 at 10:05 PM

Old Post Nov 21st, 2006 10:03 PM
manorastroman

mister, are you really that confused at the difference between multiversal and multi-universal?

multiverse=hundreds and thousands of universes
multiuniversal= five, ten, fifty, etc. universes.

Old Post Nov 22nd, 2006 12:02 AM
manorastroman is currently offline Click here to Send manorastroman a Private Message Find more posts by manorastroman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

Originally posted by Mr Master
Atleza is the Multiversal Anchor, she juggles Multi-Eternity like you and I would blow soap bubbles in the air.

Oblivion, in his greatest form, swallows Multi-verses that collapse, are destroyed, nullified, and displaced by a weakened Anchor

i'm curious about these 2. how do you know atleza anchors the multiverse? was multiverse said somewhere? and where did you see oblivion devouring multiverses? oblivion is kinda cool, i'd not mind seeing that. wink

Old Post Nov 22nd, 2006 12:05 AM