KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Battlezone » EVANGEL94's 2nd SLUGFEST SHOWDOWN TOURNAMENT: StarsNeverFall7 vs TricksterPriest

EVANGEL94's 2nd SLUGFEST SHOWDOWN TOURNAMENT: StarsNeverFall7 vs TricksterPriest
Started by: Evangel94

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Evangel94
Premium Member

quote: (post)
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
*sigh* Oh well, I tried. I'll keep fighting then.

This is why King Kandy. This is why. That's the only answer your going to get.

Forever Young...

Last edited by Evangel94 on Dec 17th, 2006 at 05:56 AM

Old Post Dec 17th, 2006 05:54 AM
Evangel94 is currently offline Click here to Send Evangel94 a Private Message Find more posts by Evangel94 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TricksterPriest
Renegade Timelord

I was feeling tired earlier. but since I can't surrender, I fight on. Btw, did you check my question about Violator? Can he possess the bodies of his teammates or enemies?

Old Post Dec 17th, 2006 06:00 AM
TricksterPriest is currently offline Click here to Send TricksterPriest a Private Message Find more posts by TricksterPriest Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StarsNeverFall7

Cable can't support a building? Kind of like how he was being pulled by Surfer while telepathically linked, Rebuilding detroyed buildings, destroyed his surfboard, then holds up a space station?? A building is nothing.

Mac Gargan is what was stated, thats what im going by. Thats what its staying at. Ev didn't change it, and its not getting changed again. Like I said Spidey has beaten him before, he'll do it again. He general insanity and lack of H2H leave him behind in this fight.

Id stop trying to take Violator out of the limits of the class he is in, unless you want me to do the same for Iceman. And don't try to tell me Violator is beating a non rule restricted Iceman, it wont happen.

Is Lady Shiva Batman? No. This is in a city, Batman isn't going to be seen until the fight is already over.

Batgirl doesn't have to win, just evade long enough for assistance.

Cable is my only telepath yep, and that telepath could eaisly cause that TO virus within Apocalypse to rage out of control. If he can keep it in check, make for sure he can make it go crazy.

Gambit isn't allowed a one hit kill. Hes a decent fighter and fairly agile, I'll say it again. A bodyslide by one, some supressive gun fire, gernade or two, and a shroyuken to the head and gambit isnt fighting much more.

Apocalypse isn't knocking Thors hammer away, a simple call of will and its back in his hands.

Since Ive continously been putting up a defense against your strategy, how does your team expect to handle a barrage of lighting attacks from Thor followed by a full razor sharp ice shard rain from Cable and Iceman?

Last edited by StarsNeverFall7 on Dec 17th, 2006 at 06:12 AM

Old Post Dec 17th, 2006 06:07 AM
StarsNeverFall7 is currently offline Click here to Send StarsNeverFall7 a Private Message Find more posts by StarsNeverFall7 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StarsNeverFall7

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v...atIf045-40a.jpg

Thor not capable of holding down a raging hulk?? Yea, okay.

Old Post Dec 17th, 2006 06:15 AM
StarsNeverFall7 is currently offline Click here to Send StarsNeverFall7 a Private Message Find more posts by StarsNeverFall7 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TricksterPriest
Renegade Timelord

You can't use the surfer fight, this isn't god-like cable.

FOR THE LAST GODDAMN TIME, IT'S EDDIE BROCK. Read the damn link on page 2. I PUT BROCK, NOT GARGAN, AS MY FINAL PICK.

Apoc can shield his team, so can Violator. Death Gambit can throw knockout gas at your team, or a paralyzing gas. Or acid raid, with a little help from apoc. You haven't shown me that Thor can break Apoc's forcefields with brute force, and what makes you think that Apoc can't hold the hammer in a separate TK field?

Old Post Dec 17th, 2006 06:17 AM
TricksterPriest is currently offline Click here to Send TricksterPriest a Private Message Find more posts by TricksterPriest Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StarsNeverFall7

Thor not break Apocalypses force fields?? Would this be the same Thor that easily cancelled out Juggernauts forcefield with a hammer throw?

Gas, should be a derivit of water, easily frozen. Acid rain, with a god who can control rain and someone who freezes water, and two people who can apply forcefields...thats not getting to far.

Apocalypse not be able to hold the hammer in a TK field? Because the hammer CANT be lifted by someone who isn't deemed worthy by the gods. Apocalypse is far from that.

Also page two, you complained about Iceman, got excited about Apocalypse as your herald and commented about Spawn and Violator needing to be depowered because of them being in E meta

Last edited by StarsNeverFall7 on Dec 17th, 2006 at 06:25 AM

Old Post Dec 17th, 2006 06:23 AM
StarsNeverFall7

Also on a second note, just checked the discussion thread. No where was your choice mentioned or changed from Gargan to Brock.

Old Post Dec 17th, 2006 06:31 AM
TricksterPriest
Renegade Timelord

Who said lifting? Nobody has ever thought to use TK to hold it. there's a vast difference between physically lifting it, and lifting it with TK. Wait, Thor canceling Jugg's field? Bullshit. Jugg's field stopped the hammer and then sent it back. However, I do agree that nobody on my team has a prayer of physically lifting the hammer.

Believe me, Violator is de-powered. If he had his full power, he'd have a shot at beating Thor. Just because I'm being creative with his powers doesn't mean I'm breaking the rules.

Old Post Dec 17th, 2006 06:32 AM
StarsNeverFall7

Thors hammer cancelled the sheild and covered them both in mystical energies. Mystical enchantments on the hammer, magic. Im betting it cuts through Apocalypses shield like a hot knife through butter.

Oh yes, because if no one can physically lift it, now all of a sudden someone can use TK to do so?? Doubtful, only the worthy lift the hammer. Doesn't matter how you lift it, your still lifting it.

Old Post Dec 17th, 2006 06:38 AM
King Kandy

Originally posted by StarsNeverFall7
Oh yes, because if no one can physically lift it, now all of a sudden someone can use TK to do so?? Doubtful, only the worthy lift the hammer. Doesn't matter how you lift it, your still lifting it.

Magneto Magnetically lifted it, this isn't any different.

Old Post Dec 17th, 2006 06:39 AM
King Kandy is currently offline Click here to Send King Kandy a Private Message Find more posts by King Kandy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StarsNeverFall7

K, ill let that slide then. Still doesn't change the fact of the matter Apocalypse isn't going to be getting it out of Thors hand.

Old Post Dec 17th, 2006 06:41 AM
Evangel94
Premium Member

TricksterPriest gets whatever team he drafted in the final confirmation thread. If I missed that he changed venoms, I apologize.

Forever Young...

Old Post Dec 17th, 2006 06:55 AM
Evangel94 is currently offline Click here to Send Evangel94 a Private Message Find more posts by Evangel94 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StarsNeverFall7

I just checked the entire discussion thread and confirmation, there was no change of Venoms. Was stated as current(gargan) and never changed.

Im off for now, I'll be back later to continue the match

Last edited by StarsNeverFall7 on Dec 17th, 2006 at 07:03 AM

Old Post Dec 17th, 2006 06:56 AM
Evangel94
Premium Member

Originally posted by StarsNeverFall7
I just checked the entire discussion thread and confirmation, there was no change of Venoms. Was stated as current(gargan) and never changed.

Im off for now, I'll be back later to continue the match

TricksterPriest, I believe, did change his team on this page:

Look under his "FINAL TEAM PICKS". I know it's hard to spot. I missed it too. He changed from gargan to Eddie Brock.

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/...p;pagenumber=13

Forever Young...

Old Post Dec 17th, 2006 07:21 AM
Ambient
MAJIN_OVERLORD

Vote for Starsneverfall7, well taught out plan.. More likely to happen than tricksterpriest scenario..

My Artwork

Old Post Dec 17th, 2006 09:00 AM
Ambient is currently offline Click here to Send Ambient a Private Message Find more posts by Ambient Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StarsNeverFall7

Another change ill just have to up a strategy for...oh well.

Old Post Dec 17th, 2006 10:33 AM
Scoobless
sselboocS

Originally posted by King Kandy
Magneto Magnetically lifted it, this isn't any different.

When?

Do you even KMC???

Old Post Dec 17th, 2006 03:18 PM
Scoobless is currently offline Click here to Send Scoobless a Private Message Find more posts by Scoobless Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xmarksthespot
CEO, BS Comics

See the Magneto respect thread.

Omega Red can direct the release of his death spores.

Apocalypse is not more powerful than Thor.

Why is King Kam posting strategy posts?

Am leaning towards StarsNeverFall but not voting yet.

Old Post Dec 17th, 2006 03:24 PM
xmarksthespot is currently offline Click here to Send xmarksthespot a Private Message Find more posts by xmarksthespot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scoobless
sselboocS

Originally posted by xmarksthespot
See the Magneto respect thread.

It's 8 pages and a lot of scans ... do you know exactly where it is?

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f95/t417866.html

Do you even KMC???

Old Post Dec 17th, 2006 03:32 PM
Scoobless is currently offline Click here to Send Scoobless a Private Message Find more posts by Scoobless Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xmarksthespot
CEO, BS Comics

I have it near the top of page 3 -- my settings are on 40 posts a page.

Old Post Dec 17th, 2006 03:35 PM
xmarksthespot is currently offline Click here to Send xmarksthespot a Private Message Find more posts by xmarksthespot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote