KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Respect' Forum » Welcome To The Respect Forum!

Welcome To The Respect Forum!
Started by: DigiMark007

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (16): « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 9 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Digi
Forum Leader

Glad you like GGS. But don't sell it short. One of the best? It is the best....or at least I have yet to see another forum that rivals it (SHC was better for a while but I think we've surpassed the size of theirs).

cool

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2007 04:41 PM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Symmetric Chaos
Fractal King

Hay Digi can I create a respect thread for Sarda The Sage? (he's from a webcomic so I thought I should check first)

Graffiti outside Latin class.
Sed quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
A juvenal prank.

Old Post Jun 9th, 2007 12:35 AM
Symmetric Chaos is currently offline Click here to Send Symmetric Chaos a Private Message Find more posts by Symmetric Chaos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

Web comic? Meh, go ahead. I'll see what it's like and maybe create a precedent for web-comic stuff after that, since it may or may not be something that should be allowed. But Sarda would get grandfathered in, so you're good.

Old Post Jun 9th, 2007 01:02 AM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Endless Mike
Sqirrel Girl fanboy

I have tons of miscellaneous scans on my computer that I was thinking of uploading and posting on their appropriate respect threads, I'll probably do this in a few days, so expect a bunch of new scans on many threads.

Sig by Starlock

Old Post Jun 21st, 2007 06:51 PM
Endless Mike is currently offline Click here to Send Endless Mike a Private Message Find more posts by Endless Mike Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rorschach

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Endless Mike
I have tons of miscellaneous scans on my computer that I was thinking of uploading and posting on their appropriate respect threads, I'll probably do this in a few days, so expect a bunch of new scans on many threads.

Excellent.

Old Post Jun 22nd, 2007 11:07 AM
Rorschach is currently offline Click here to Send Rorschach a Private Message Find more posts by Rorschach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Endless Mike
Sqirrel Girl fanboy

I have a question, would it be permissable to make a respect thread for a character that only has one appearance, so the thread would only contain a dozen or so scans, just because I really liked the character?

I was thinking it might not be a good idea since it would be a waste of a thread to make for such a character who only appeared once.

Sig by Starlock

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2007 04:43 PM
Endless Mike is currently offline Click here to Send Endless Mike a Private Message Find more posts by Endless Mike Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

Originally posted by Endless Mike
I have a question, would it be permissable to make a respect thread for a character that only has one appearance, so the thread would only contain a dozen or so scans, just because I really liked the character?

I was thinking it might not be a good idea since it would be a waste of a thread to make for such a character who only appeared once.

Technically you could, but is a 1-shot character really worth a thread. Or even of respect, if the company only saw fit to have them in 1 issue? Probably not, but I won't close it if you decide to make it.

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2007 10:59 PM
Endless Mike
Sqirrel Girl fanboy

It was actually 3 issues, encompassing 1 story arc.

Sig by Starlock

Old Post Jun 24th, 2007 09:05 AM
The Ironic Mod
Restricted

Account Restricted

/a/ 19 Days

Last edited by Digi on Aug 5th, 2007 at 11:21 PM

Old Post Aug 5th, 2007 07:09 PM
The Ironic Mod is currently offline Click here to Send The Ironic Mod a Private Message Find more posts by The Ironic Mod Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Locard
barely speaking english

I made a respect thread for the Red Skull

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f98/t459756.html

i'll keep updating it

Old Post Aug 7th, 2007 04:04 AM
Locard is currently offline Click here to Send Locard a Private Message Find more posts by Locard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

Cool. Added to the directory.

Old Post Aug 7th, 2007 04:28 AM
Digi
Forum Leader

Also, Marvel needs to be broken down yet again due to size limitations for post sizes. I'll be seperating the A-M into two categories.

Old Post Aug 7th, 2007 04:29 AM
Mindship
Snap out of it.

Question Regarding Respect Thread Hyperbole

I started reading a Respect Thread (I won't name whose), and I had to stop because I was flabergasted at the (deliberate?) misinterpretation / exaggeration of otherwise obvious on-panel feats.

Out of respect for the character and the thread, I didn't post any comments to correct the really, truly obvious "flaw." But should it just be left alone? What is the best way to deal with this?

*still shaking head with disbelief*

Shinier than a speeding bullet.

Old Post Aug 7th, 2007 12:36 PM
Mindship is currently offline Click here to Send Mindship a Private Message Find more posts by Mindship Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xmarksthespot
CEO, BS Comics

Ooh can I guess which character?! Can I? Can I? Pick me!

Old Post Aug 7th, 2007 03:54 PM
xmarksthespot is currently offline Click here to Send xmarksthespot a Private Message Find more posts by xmarksthespot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

Re: Question Regarding Respect Thread Hyperbole

Originally posted by Mindship
I started reading a Respect Thread (I won't name whose), and I had to stop because I was flabergasted at the (deliberate?) misinterpretation / exaggeration of otherwise obvious on-panel feats.

Out of respect for the character and the thread, I didn't post any comments to correct the really, truly obvious "flaw." But should it just be left alone? What is the best way to deal with this?

*still shaking head with disbelief*

If you feel strongly about it, correct it. But respectfully, even if the misinterpretation was deliberate.

Heck, I green-lighted the new Storm thread simply to remove that same kind of exaggerated misinformation....so there's nothing wrong with clarification.

Old Post Aug 7th, 2007 05:51 PM
Zack Fair
Fanboy

Hey Digi I have been wondering if I could create a KOS-MOS respect thread. She originated in a video game, but we all know Lana will never admit a respect thread in either forum she mods. KOS-MOS is an interesting character from the Xenosaga trilogy of games. She most definitely deserves respect as some of her feats are off the charts and she could be used in the Comic vs Forum now that the rules have been changed a little. I have enough youtube links, bios and info to make everyone easily understand what she's capable of and how she operates.

I'll be looking forward to your decision on this matter.

Many thanks to Rao Kal-EL Da Man

Old Post Aug 7th, 2007 07:21 PM
Zack Fair is currently offline Click here to Send Zack Fair a Private Message Find more posts by Zack Fair Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zack Fair
Fanboy

Old Post Aug 8th, 2007 05:18 AM
Zack Fair is currently offline Click here to Send Zack Fair a Private Message Find more posts by Zack Fair Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Shin_Nikkolas
Restricted

Account Restricted

REJECTED.

smile

Can we make Respect Threads for Star Wars characters if the character has feats that take place in comic books?

I made one for Darth Nihilus.

Old Post Aug 9th, 2007 02:58 AM
Shin_Nikkolas is currently offline Click here to Send Shin_Nikkolas a Private Message Find more posts by Shin_Nikkolas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zack Fair
Fanboy

I have not been rejected yet, Bob.

Old Post Aug 9th, 2007 03:49 AM
Digi
Forum Leader

No and no. Have to keep to my precedents or there's no drawing the line. Sorry fellas.

Old Post Aug 9th, 2007 05:13 AM