KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Pirates of the Caribbean » Stuff you May Have Missed

Stuff you May Have Missed
Started by: willofthewisp

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (9): « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 9 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
PirateDiva
So In LoVe WiTh JoHnnY!

quote: (post)
Originally posted by lovethemtigers
Diva, good find....I wonder why Tia has that in her cabin..I wonder what else is in Tia's cabin that we could be overlooking...so far we discoverd the boots on the bed, the way Jack the Monkey runs straight to them, the eyeballs in a jar, the locked on the table, Jack picks up Barbossa's ring...what else????

I so saw that toy of Elizabeth and that Brethren Globe...but why do they have her with the globe...is that the thing she must look over when she is on the island, her special assignment, but why???

Yes but i am afraid that that Pic of Will and the globe is not in Tia Dahlma's Hut....it's in Davy Jones room...when will goes to retrieve the key, that pic is taken as he's tip toeing towards Davy!! adds an interesting clue doesnt it...why does davy have the globe?

And the boots on the bed in tia's hut, those were Barbossa's, thats why the Monkey went straight to him!

Thanks Savvy! *Huggles*

Old Post Apr 2nd, 2007 08:33 PM
PirateDiva is currently offline Click here to Send PirateDiva a Private Message Find more posts by PirateDiva Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surreal_44

quote:
What's that? Does Liz try to talk to James or something?

Yes, on the Isla Cruces:

quote:
Jack hands Elizabeth the compass. She opens it. He peeks at the heading and sets off. Norrington and Elizabeth follow. He spots the abandoned church.

Norrington: I didn't expect anyone to be here.

Elizabeth: There's not.

Norrington: You know this place?

Elizabeth: Stories. Isla Cruces. The Church came to the island, and brought salvation...and disease and death. They say the priest had to bury everybody, one after the other. (beat) It drove him mad, and he hung himself.

Norrington: Better mad with the rest of the world than sane alone.

Elizabeth regards Norrington, a little worried.

Jack: No fraterinizing with the help love.

Elizabeth starts walking.

Norrington: (to Jack) Oh, after you sir.

Jack hands Norrington his shovel. Then he follows Elizabeth. Norrington brings up the rear.

Another scene where Jack is not-so-nice, so I assume that is one of the reasons it is cut. It's a shame, because it gives back-story on the island and it explains why Jones would choose this place to begin with. Also, the exchange between James and Elizabeth is nice, and then of course, the snark between Jack and James. big grin

Ah well...editors. Hopefully we'll get to see that scene someday in a special edition dvd. I did see the "Better mad with the rest of the world than sane alone" line in a video about the filming of the movie. I have to tell you, Jack Davenport's delivery of that line was delicious and heart-breaking.

So what other little details are there? big grin

~Banner made by JES, avatar made by Veronica_Rich. Thanks, girls!!~

Old Post Apr 2nd, 2007 08:42 PM
Surreal_44 is currently offline Click here to Send Surreal_44 a Private Message Find more posts by Surreal_44 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
willofthewisp
Savvy did my sig

The explanation could have stayed in there, just cut out the bottom of the scene if they were worried about making Jack look like an ass. In the longboat, notice Jack's not talking to any of them anyway, he's got the kraken on his mind. It's an interesting explanaton of Isla de Cruces. Makes you wonder why Davy would have married Tia there...fate intervening.

I had a question earlier and I know Surreal's going to hate me for taking Norrie out of the conversation (I have a way to include him!) but someone pointed out that Jack and Liz flirt in public. I asked if that means if they're afraid to be alone together. They don't really get a chance to in this movie, and the last time Jack was alone with her, she got him wasted, destroyed his rum, and turned him over to the navy...but subconsciously, do you think they hang around other people so they don't put themselves in that situation?

And now to include the ever fabulous James Norrington.

Why does he feel the need to spy on them? If they don't care if other people are around, why can't he just butt in? He's not technically obligated to serve Jack so it's not like that simple butting in would be a mutiny.

Liz: You're going to want to know what it tastes like.

(Jack is about to respond [physically and vocally, hee hee]. James' head pops in between them)

James: Whatcha guys doing?

Jack: Don't you have a deck to be swabbing with your wig?

James: I thought I'd come over and say hi.

Liz: Hi

Jack: Hi.

James: I love the sea, don't you guys? It's so pretty and blue...

Old Post Apr 2nd, 2007 09:24 PM
willofthewisp is currently offline Click here to Send willofthewisp a Private Message Find more posts by willofthewisp Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Minie Mina
Lady Lara Croft

Haha! Sorry to take James off a bit...

On the DMC comic, in the persuade me scene, Elizabeth was in Jack's cabin alone.

Tomb Raider fanfiction: Heaven's Wrath

Old Post Apr 2nd, 2007 09:27 PM
Minie Mina is currently offline Click here to Send Minie Mina a Private Message Find more posts by Minie Mina Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
willofthewisp
Savvy did my sig

Ooh, I don't think she would have done that at that moment unless he was going to leave, like give it up for her to sleep in since she joins the ship at night. But that's interesting.

Old Post Apr 2nd, 2007 09:30 PM
willofthewisp is currently offline Click here to Send willofthewisp a Private Message Find more posts by willofthewisp Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Minie Mina
Lady Lara Croft

And adding back James into the subject, he was outside listening the whole time. Jack and Elizabeth was alone during the persuade me, James was right outside listening. In the comic it said "Norrington assumed that Liz will slap Jack for saying such thing, but was surprised and was something different about it." When she got out looking frustrated, James appeared and said the same line in DMC.

Oh and Jack was holding her when he said "persuade me."

I have the comic, it's in spanish though.

Old Post Apr 2nd, 2007 09:40 PM
Minie Mina is currently offline Click here to Send Minie Mina a Private Message Find more posts by Minie Mina Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
willofthewisp
Savvy did my sig

This comic sounds more and more interesting. Do you have a scanner? Maybe there is a way for us to see some pictures just for entertainment. I'd like to see what it looks like.

Old Post Apr 2nd, 2007 10:13 PM
PirateDiva
So In LoVe WiTh JoHnnY!

ok i dont know where to get comics....so can some please tell me where i can get the POTC comics?

Thanks Savvy! *Huggles*

Old Post Apr 2nd, 2007 10:14 PM
PirateDiva is currently offline Click here to Send PirateDiva a Private Message Find more posts by PirateDiva Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Minie Mina
Lady Lara Croft

It's in spanish. You guys don't mind?

Old Post Apr 2nd, 2007 10:23 PM
PirateDiva
So In LoVe WiTh JoHnnY!

no i think Pictures will speak louder than words in this case...although i can read spanish! big grin

Thanks Savvy! *Huggles*

Old Post Apr 2nd, 2007 10:25 PM
Minie Mina
Lady Lara Croft

There a bit more details in the speculation and spoilers thread. I don't wanna talk about this subject in two threads. So shall we discuss it there or here?

Old Post Apr 2nd, 2007 10:29 PM
PirateDiva
So In LoVe WiTh JoHnnY!

which one is the speculation and spoilers thread?

Thanks Savvy! *Huggles*

Old Post Apr 2nd, 2007 10:48 PM
Minie Mina
Lady Lara Croft

The one savvysparrow made, it says putting it all together. Sorry, my fault. It doesn't say speculations and spoilers.

Old Post Apr 2nd, 2007 10:51 PM
PirateDiva
So In LoVe WiTh JoHnnY!

lol...got cha!

Thanks Savvy! *Huggles*

Old Post Apr 2nd, 2007 11:30 PM
willofthewisp
Savvy did my sig

Chiki, we won't mind if it's in Spanish. You can translate and I understand a little. Like someone said, we want pictures.

Old Post Apr 3rd, 2007 12:24 AM
Minie Mina
Lady Lara Croft

I believe this is what savvysparrow was talking about :

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Apr 3rd, 2007 12:31 AM
willofthewisp
Savvy did my sig

Thanks. That's pretty obvious, yet we don't catch it.

Old Post Apr 3rd, 2007 02:58 AM
savvysparrow

Well, it's a pretty quick moment. But that's what a lot of the film is about. Quick moments that unless you're paying attention, you won't necessarily catch unless you've got eagle eyes, or you've seen the movie a million and half times.

Elizabeth catches that he grabs his arm, I think but before she can ask about it, he distracts her with his teasing.

Old Post Apr 3rd, 2007 04:11 AM
savvysparrow is currently offline Click here to Send savvysparrow a Private Message Find more posts by savvysparrow Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Minie Mina
Lady Lara Croft

wait..what! I'm gonna take pics. I'll be back *terminator voice*

Old Post Apr 3rd, 2007 04:51 AM
Minie Mina
Lady Lara Croft

Old Post Apr 3rd, 2007 05:00 AM