KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Pirates of the Caribbean » Stuff you May Have Missed

Stuff you May Have Missed
Started by: willofthewisp

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (9): « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Ericadawn
The Admiral's Lover

All clocks and watches are always 10:10...go on, look! Magazine advertisements, billboards movie posters, films, televisions...unless the time is specific to the plot, it is always 10:10 especially when it's a watch ad.

I don't know if it shows off the hands better or what.

Huge Thanks to SailorLeo for the banner
Speed Racer is awesome!!! Go Rays!!!

Old Post Apr 1st, 2007 10:14 PM
Ericadawn is currently offline Click here to Send Ericadawn a Private Message Find more posts by Ericadawn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
pirate179

i never noticed that...how weird

Old Post Apr 1st, 2007 10:16 PM
pirate179 is currently offline Click here to Send pirate179 a Private Message Find more posts by pirate179 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
PirateDiva
So In LoVe WiTh JoHnnY!

ya it's like when u watch in the tv shows and movies everytime someone hangs up a phone they never say GOODBYE!!! they always just hang up....but they dont say goodbye! (almost never anyway cause there is always an exception!)

Thanks Savvy! *Huggles*

Old Post Apr 2nd, 2007 01:27 AM
PirateDiva is currently offline Click here to Send PirateDiva a Private Message Find more posts by PirateDiva Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Minie Mina
Lady Lara Croft

LMAO You're right. Both are--Erica and Diva lool.

Tomb Raider fanfiction: Heaven's Wrath

Old Post Apr 2nd, 2007 01:35 AM
Minie Mina is currently offline Click here to Send Minie Mina a Private Message Find more posts by Minie Mina Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
willofthewisp
Savvy did my sig

"Mistress Cheng is her name. I'd be interested to see what her role is in the film. I'll bet my bottom dollar that she's married and that is the reason why it is that Elizabeth decides to remain disguised as a man. It's not a forced marriage thing, it's just more along the guidelines of the period. Unmarried women were not as highly respected. Do we have screen captures of the Bethern scenes from the trailer?"------sorry, can't remember who.

First, it is so cool there's another woman pirate running around. If you read Under the Black Flag by David Cordingly, I think we'll learn who this person is based off of.

"Mrs. Cheng, whose fleets of junks ruled the South China Seas in the early years of the nineteenth century..."

She was married to a great pirate and when he died, she took command and appointed allies as her subordinates. She married one of them named Chang Pao. Their Pirate Code, according to the book, was even worse than the Pirate Code in the Caribbean. She executed those who disobeyed an order and cut the ears off deserters. If a female prisoner decided to have sex with a pirate, the male pirate was beheaded and the prisoner was thrown overboard with weights tied to her legs. The Chinese government realized how bad piracy was getting and offered amnesty to pirates that turned themselves in and stopped. Mrs. Cheng went to the governor of Canton and negotiated that her ships could keep their plunder and that her husband Cang Pao be given the rank of lieutenant in the navy. She opened a gambling house and was a very rich woman that led a legitimate life until she died in 1822.

This character is going to kick ass. Also, if you watch the trailer, there is a woman that appears with Sao Feng right around the 2:00 mark when Chow Yun Fat's name is on the screen. Maybe that's her.

Last edited by willofthewisp on Apr 2nd, 2007 at 02:45 AM

Old Post Apr 2nd, 2007 02:39 AM
willofthewisp is currently offline Click here to Send willofthewisp a Private Message Find more posts by willofthewisp Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Minie Mina
Lady Lara Croft

Has anyone notice a similarity here?

(please log in to view the image)

I think Jay Leno has an English ancestor lol.

Old Post Apr 2nd, 2007 02:59 AM
Minie Mina is currently offline Click here to Send Minie Mina a Private Message Find more posts by Minie Mina Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
willofthewisp
Savvy did my sig

LMAO!

Old Post Apr 2nd, 2007 03:01 AM
willofthewisp is currently offline Click here to Send willofthewisp a Private Message Find more posts by willofthewisp Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
willofthewisp
Savvy did my sig

http://www.royalhandmaidensociety.o...ebysideshot.jpg

I think Elizabeth has a relative in a galaxy far, far away.

Old Post Apr 2nd, 2007 03:02 AM
Minie Mina
Lady Lara Croft

LMAO

awwe. Keira was really cute.

Old Post Apr 2nd, 2007 03:07 AM
willofthewisp
Savvy did my sig

http://photos.bravenet.com/103/632/597/1/BCA33FC940.jpg

Will has a slightly uglier relative in Pride and Prejudice England.

Hey, Surreal said that when Norrie swabs the deck of the Pearl, he's using his wig. Anyone want to investigate this one? I think there's probably a lot of background stuff happening whenever the action's on the Pearl.

Old Post Apr 2nd, 2007 03:03 PM
Minie Mina
Lady Lara Croft

I'll go check on it. *plays mission impossible theme*

Old Post Apr 2nd, 2007 03:26 PM
willofthewisp
Savvy did my sig

She also asked if someone was watching the Curiosity scene, as if Norrington or someone was spying on them. Interesting? Yes. Kind of hot? Yes. Excuse to watch Curiosity again? Yes. Just be careful to not get so absorbed you stop paying attention to the background.

Old Post Apr 2nd, 2007 03:39 PM
Minie Mina
Lady Lara Croft

LOL I won't I'm going to check on it.

Old Post Apr 2nd, 2007 04:04 PM
Minie Mina
Lady Lara Croft

Old Post Apr 2nd, 2007 04:19 PM
lovethemtigers

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Minie Mina
OK here's the wig.

laughing out loud so, Norrington was using the nasty wig to clean the deck of the Pearl...

Old Post Apr 2nd, 2007 04:32 PM
lovethemtigers is currently offline Click here to Send lovethemtigers a Private Message Find more posts by lovethemtigers Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
lovethemtigers

Here is Jack's expression as he faces the Kracken and his death....Jack is very brave here.....I wonder how he gets all that slime off of him...cuz when we next see him in AWE the slime is gone....I guess he got rinsed off in the ocean...

Old Post Apr 2nd, 2007 04:38 PM
lovethemtigers is currently offline Click here to Send lovethemtigers a Private Message Find more posts by lovethemtigers Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
lovethemtigers

^^^He looks alot more Stoic in the second picture....just like he did sailing into Port Royal..the look of a man who's had time to think about things and now realizes he was betrayed....a man with a mission....

I love the picture Of Jack knocking the crap out of Davy Jones during their sword fight...gosh, Jack is really sexy fighting, is he not? Anyways, interestingly they show this shot just after we see the Will proposal to Elizabeth...

Old Post Apr 2nd, 2007 04:42 PM
Minie Mina
Lady Lara Croft

I think I found Norrie!

Old Post Apr 2nd, 2007 04:43 PM
lovethemtigers

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Minie Mina

I love how Ragetti looks at those Eyeballs...he is soo freaked out by Tia's cabin..it's funny how he is trying to redeem himself....the dicotomy of good and evil!..."nothing bad, I hope"....

Old Post Apr 2nd, 2007 04:44 PM
Minie Mina
Lady Lara Croft

Old Post Apr 2nd, 2007 04:48 PM