KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Sports Forum » Official WWE Thread

Official WWE Thread
Started by: Joe K

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (307): « First ... « 301 302 [303] 304 305 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Nuke Nixon
One Shot, One Kill

HAHAHA!! They put Asuka in a comic book.
https://www.bleedingcool.com/2017/1...ut-boom-wwe-14/

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Nov 7th, 2017 09:47 PM
Nuke Nixon is currently offline Click here to Send Nuke Nixon a Private Message Find more posts by Nuke Nixon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
walshy
Veteran. Wrestler. Hero

what are your survivor series predictions?

Old Post Nov 16th, 2017 11:59 PM
walshy is currently offline Click here to Send walshy a Private Message Find more posts by walshy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
way77

Wrestling is cool.

Old Post Dec 14th, 2017 08:17 PM
way77 is currently offline Click here to Send way77 a Private Message Find more posts by way77 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
walshy
Veteran. Wrestler. Hero

this thread kinda died. I haven't been keeping up to date on wwe much, as I only watch ppv's, but everything Kevin Owens and Sami from what I've seen is great. Looking forward to Clash of champions and then road to wrestlemania begins!

quote: (post)
Originally posted by way77
Wrestling is cool.
it IS cool

https://twitter.com/marc_raimondi/s...573495128956928

what other sport/industry could this happen

Old Post Dec 15th, 2017 11:26 PM
walshy is currently offline Click here to Send walshy a Private Message Find more posts by walshy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
walshy
Veteran. Wrestler. Hero

I started watching WWE when I was a kid during the attitude era and grew up watching the rock and stone cold etc. and I remember the invasion era quite clearly. Then when I started comp I gradually stopped so around 2002/03, but I would still occasionally see some things, I remember seeing Khali debut and Santino Morella doing something. Also back in the early days of youtube I just to look up wrestling videos then got into hardcore compilation videos of stuff from japanese death matches and czw.

But it wasn't until I saw THAT pipebomb CM Punk video trending on youtube that I got back into WWE so it sucks now he's gone, to me it's like when rock or austin left. But since then I also got into indie wrestling, a lot of which is thanks to Grado and ICW, I first watched the Vice documentary on him and then BBC did a couple documentaries on ICW.

I wish I went to a WWE show as a kid but never did. So the first wrestling show I went to was ICW in london in 2016 and I've just delved deeper into the british indie scene ever since, which is more popular than in years and has been amazing, not just to watch but I've also met lot of new people through going to local shows. I started training to be a wrestler last year as well but time will tell if it's just following through on a pipedream I had as a kid or if it'll be a good career choice.

if it DOES work out just remember the name Walshy McWalsherson

Old Post Dec 17th, 2017 01:44 AM
quanchi112
Disney

Lost any interest in the WWE months ago. Let it die.

Old Post Dec 29th, 2017 01:16 AM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
walshy
Veteran. Wrestler. Hero

Why did you lose interest?

Old Post Dec 29th, 2017 11:31 PM
walshy
Veteran. Wrestler. Hero

Anyone looking forward to the royal rumble?

Old Post Jan 18th, 2018 11:46 PM
Quincy
Debaser

Walsh let's see your wrestling moves

Sig by Scribble

Old Post Jan 30th, 2018 10:03 PM
Quincy is currently offline Click here to Send Quincy a Private Message Find more posts by Quincy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
walshy
Veteran. Wrestler. Hero

I'm still working on a MV from my many matches so I'll keep you posted

what did you think of the rumble?
I thought it was awesome, both rumbles were great, everything else was alright but nothing special

and seeing ronda come out at the end was epic. i was expecting ronda to come out at number 30 and win the rumble or at least be in it in some way. it'll be interesting to see what she does next. maybe she isn't as big a name as she was a couple years ago but she still put womens mma on the map and is a great scoop for wwe

and it was great seeing ricochet and war machine show up at nxt

Old Post Feb 1st, 2018 11:03 PM
AsbestosFlaygon
The Original One

It's a good day to be a wrestling fan again.

The Royal Rumble was awesome man. Rey Mysterio showng up at 27 was unexpected. Also, The Hurricane showing up. Got a huge pop before Super Cena got him off the ring.

EC3 is back. Adam Cole Bay Bay! Andrade Almas and Ember Moon, the NXT Champions, showing up at the Rumble.

Worst match was Brock Lesnar winning again. It's time for Braun Strowman to be the champ.

Ronda prob be the 1st woman who beats Asuka's streak. Or prob gets a shot at Alexa at WM.

On another note, did you guys see Okada VS Naito at Wrestle Kingdom? Easily a 6-star match. I wanted Naito to win, but Okada too powerful and complete right now.

"Farewell, Damos... Ash, Pikachu... And you. All of my beloved." -- Arceus

Old Post Feb 12th, 2018 09:11 PM
AsbestosFlaygon is currently offline Click here to Send AsbestosFlaygon a Private Message Find more posts by AsbestosFlaygon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
walshy
Veteran. Wrestler. Hero

Wrestlemania is coming up!

Probably lesnar last one

Old Post Mar 15th, 2018 01:45 AM
P-Geyser
Saraya-Jade Maniac

The Only matches that I am looking forward to at Mania, are Styles/Nakamura, Charlotte/Asuka and maybe Taker/Cena. I don't give a sh!t about Lesnar/Reigns

Old Post Mar 26th, 2018 06:31 PM
P-Geyser is currently offline Click here to Send P-Geyser a Private Message Find more posts by P-Geyser Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ESB -1138
Sonic Speed

My WrestleMania 34 stars ratings:

1.) The Miz vs. Seth Rollins vs. Finn Balor - 3 and 3/4 Stars

2.) Charlotte vs. Asuka - 3 and 1/2 Stars

3.) Randy Orton vs. Jinder Mahal vs. Bobby Roode vs. Rusev - 2 and 1/2 Stars

4.) Kurt Angel & Ronda Rousey vs. Triple H & Stephanie - 3 and 1/2 Stars

5.) The Usos vs. the Bludgeon Brothers vs. the New Day - 3 Stars

6.) Daniel Bryan & Shane O'Mack vs. Kevin Owens & Sami Zayn - 3 Stars

7.) Alexa Bliss vs. Nia Jax - 2 and 3/4 Stars

8.) AJ Styles vs. Shinsuke Nakamura - 4 Stars

9.) Brock Lesnar vs. Roman Reigns - 2 Stars

...I don't know what to make of the Raw Tag Team Title match. A kid? I dunno. And the Cena vs. Undertaker match was just a best of Taker match. I'm not gonna give that a star rating. It was just to give Taker a proper send off. Cena was a good guy for doing this.

Old Post Apr 9th, 2018 06:07 PM
ESB -1138 is currently offline Click here to Send ESB -1138 a Private Message Find more posts by ESB -1138 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LordofBrooklyn

Originally posted by ESB -1138
My WrestleMania 34 stars ratings:

1.) The Miz vs. Seth Rollins vs. Finn Balor - 3 and 3/4 Stars

2.) Charlotte vs. Asuka - 3 and 1/2 Stars

3.) Randy Orton vs. Jinder Mahal vs. Bobby Roode vs. Rusev - 2 and 1/2 Stars

4.) Kurt Angel & Ronda Rousey vs. Triple H & Stephanie - 3 and 1/2 Stars

5.) The Usos vs. the Bludgeon Brothers vs. the New Day - 3 Stars

6.) Daniel Bryan & Shane O'Mack vs. Kevin Owens & Sami Zayn - 3 Stars

7.) Alexa Bliss vs. Nia Jax - 2 and 3/4 Stars

8.) AJ Styles vs. Shinsuke Nakamura - 4 Stars

9.) Brock Lesnar vs. Roman Reigns - 2 Stars

...I don't know what to make of the Raw Tag Team Title match. A kid? I dunno. And the Cena vs. Undertaker match was just a best of Taker match. I'm not gonna give that a star rating. It was just to give Taker a proper send off. Cena was a good guy for doing this.

This Wrestlemania was a wasted opportunity and indicative of so much that has the company failing.

Charlotte vs Asuka- This match did absolutely NOTHING for Charlotte and ruined the streak without a significant payoff. Wrestlemania should've been the culmination of Asuka's ascent. Flair is already the clear top women's competitor having her lose to Asuka would've created a rivalry.

Alexa Bliss Vs Nia Jax- They took a monster in Nia Jax that they've been building for almost 2 years and reduced her to a pathetic victim. And even WORSE a victim to a STRIPPER MIDGET!!!

What should've happened

If they wanted Asuka's streak to end at Wrestlemania they should've built a feud between her and Nia Jax. Asuka could've continued the streak with various DQ victories and still have Jax as the unstoppable monster. Have Asuka get the belt before Mania and setup the ultimate showdown. Nia ends the streak and takes the belt and now Asuka has the crowd behind her to regain the strap.

It would be Vader vs Sting in the women's division.

Brock Lesnar vs Roman Reigns- I really believe that Vince does last minute booking on all these events. Why would you push Reigns down the fans throats ONLY to have him lose?

What should've happened

Setup a Street Fight match where the 2 can brawl and Reigns can play heel and defeat Brock while still protecting The Beatsts invincible aura.

Old Post Apr 9th, 2018 09:48 PM
LordofBrooklyn is currently offline Click here to Send LordofBrooklyn a Private Message Find more posts by LordofBrooklyn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ESB -1138
Sonic Speed

Originally posted by LordofBrooklyn
Charlotte vs Asuka- This match did absolutely NOTHING for Charlotte and ruined the streak without a significant payoff. Wrestlemania should've been the culmination of Asuka's ascent. Flair is already the clear top women's competitor having her lose to Asuka would've created a rivalry.

I disagree here. I think Asuka losing the streak is necessary for her. I think Charlotte winning was the right choice moving forward.

Alexa Bliss Vs Nia Jax- They took a monster in Nia Jax that they've been building for almost 2 years and reduced her to a pathetic victim. And even WORSE a victim to a STRIPPER MIDGET!!!

I loved the build to the match but I think the match itself should have been a fast squash match with Nia winning. Especially considering it happened right after the in-ring return of Daniel Bryan and so the crowd was just drained. They tried to make this a back and forth and it should have just been Nia running over Bliss.

Brock Lesnar vs Roman Reigns- I really believe that Vince does last minute booking on all these events. Why would you push Reigns down the fans throats ONLY to have him lose?

AJ vs. Nakamura should have been the Main Event. If Roman losing was Vince trying to show us, "I'm not shoving Roman down your throats" it failed considering he still main evented 4 WrestleManias in a row. John Cena never did that. The Rock never did that. Steve Austin never did that. Neither did Triple H, Bret Hart, Shawn Michaels, the Undertaker, Randy Orton, Batista, and the list goes on and on.

Only Hogan has done that and chances are Roman will main event next year's Mania as well. After winning the Rumble a second time.

Screw AJ Styles and Nakamura. And Dean Ambrose. And Seth Rollins. And Bray Wyatt. And every other wrestler on the roster who has yet received a main event spot. Apparently what you need to do to be in the main event is either being a part timer or be Roman Reigns.

Every WrestleMania since 28 has had a part timer in the main event:

28.) Rock vs. Cena
29.) Rock vs. Cena II
30.) Batistia vs. Orton vs. Bryan
31.) Lesnar vs. Reigns
32.) Triple H vs. Reigns
33.) Undertaker vs. Reigns
34.) Lesnar vs. Reigns II

And WrestleMania 27 can be added to that list since the Rock was a more important figure in the main event then the WWE Champion (the Miz) for the match. So you have to go to Mania 26 to find a main event that was free from part timers (Michaels vs. Taker in the Streak vs. Career match). That's what pisses me off. You had the ultimately opportunity to create two new full time main eventers with Styles and Nakamura but Vince decided to give us all the middle finger and give us one of the worst main events in Mania history.

You have to go back to like to like WrestleMania 13 (Taker vs. Sid) to find a main event that was that bad. There's been plenty of bland main events since that match but straight up bad ones are much more difficult to find.

Old Post Apr 10th, 2018 05:36 PM
ESB -1138 is currently offline Click here to Send ESB -1138 a Private Message Find more posts by ESB -1138 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ESB -1138
Sonic Speed

Geez. What is WWE doing with Rusev? First he's supposed to be in the Battle Royal but is moved instead to the US title picture and Jinder wins. Rusev gets pinned by Randy Orton on the following Smackdown so that Randy becomes number 1 contender to the US title (just for Jinder to move to Raw and lose it immediately to Jeff Hardy).

Then Rusev is announced to face the Undertaker in a casket match at the GREATEST ROYAL RUMBLE just to be pulled from the match and replaced by Chris Jericho...only to be put back into the match.

What are they doing with Ru-Ru?

Old Post Apr 17th, 2018 04:38 PM
walshy
Veteran. Wrestler. Hero

Anyone watch the greatest royal rumble show in saudi arabia? Never thought I'd see a wwe show from there but money talks. Lots of people are criticising wwe for bigging up the womens revolution then doing a show there where they can't feature women wrestlers or women wrestling because of cultural/religious reasons..

besides that stuff i thought it was a pretty good show, rumble match itself being the best thing on the card cause you can't really go wrong with a rumble match, they're always fun.

Old Post Apr 29th, 2018 01:41 AM
avaroy

Big Day For Kane Today, New Photos Of Kane On The Campaign Trail, WWE Superstars Show Support

Old Post May 3rd, 2018 10:52 AM
avaroy is currently offline Click here to Send avaroy a Private Message Find more posts by avaroy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ESB -1138
Sonic Speed

So Backlash was one of the worst PPV in recent memory sick

Seth Rollins defeated the Miz to retain the IC title in easily the match of the night. 4 out of 5 stars. This was a brilliant match and shows just how amazing the Miz has become in recent years.

Nia Jax defeated Alexa to retain the Raw Women's Title. Poor booking. Like Mania, Jax should have just squashed Bliss in short fashion. Instead they book Jax (who is probably three times the size of Bliss) as the underdog. 1.5 out of 5 stars.

Jeff Hardy retained against Randy Orton in a match that would fit perfectly on Main Event or Superstars. It was boring and nothing worth talking about. 1.5 out of 5 stars.

Daniel Bryan defeated Big Cass. Big Cass is just a lousy wrestler. He did clothesline and big boots the entire match. It's bad when you can't have a good match against Daniel Bryan. 1.5 out of 5 stars.

Carmella retained against Charlotte. The match just showed that Carmella can't compete anywhere near Charlotte's level. Charlotte could have a good match with a broom stick (like her father could). It wasn't awful. Just showed that Carmella may be in a position above her ability. 2 out of 5 stars.

AJ Styles and Nakamura ended in a no contest. IN A FREAKING NO DISQUALIFICATION MATCH!!!!!!! Before that though, the match was excellent. The two easily topped their Mania and GREATEST Royal Rumble matches. But poor booking was what killed this match. This shows that good booking can help a poor wrestler, but a good wrestler can very rarely survive bad booking. AJ being busted open added to the intensity of the match but the ending left a sour taste to the match. 3.5 out of 5 stars.

And that's when I turned off the TV. AJ v Nakamura was for the WWE Championship but it wasn't the main event? Yeah. I'm not watching a PPV after AJ Styles anymore. So I can't comment on the (from what I've read and heard) comedy match that followed between Braun and Lashely against KO and Zayn.

But there is one thing that I can't escape from and that's the reaction to the Roman vs. Samoa Joe match in which; several news outlets like Sports Illustrated, Bleacher Report, and GMS have been reporting that large groups of fans left during the match. Chants of "boring" and "beat the traffic" emerged as well.

And here's the thing, I don't think WWE (namely Vince) is going to change their direction with Roman. The Roman experiment has failed. It's been 4 years now. And fans are beginning to turn off the product in droves. Fans are leaving during the match and I know plenty who turned off Backlash before Roman's match. In Vince's eyes, he'll probably put the blame to Samoa Joe and continue pushing Roman. In fact, I'm calling it now. Roman Reigns will be in the main event of WrestleMania 35 facing either Brock Lesnar in their rematch (remember, Roman's feet did hit the ground first at the GREATEST Royal Rumble giving Roman a cause to pursue that rematch) or, if rumors are true, Goldberg who has said he wants to face Roman Reigns.

Last edited by ESB -1138 on May 7th, 2018 at 04:22 PM

Old Post May 7th, 2018 04:20 PM