KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » Comic Books » Wolverine

Wolverine
Started by: Soljer

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (56): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Board Walker

Loeb is a good writer.....loeb is a good man!

Old Post May 2nd, 2007 09:42 PM
Board Walker is currently offline Click here to Send Board Walker a Private Message Find more posts by Board Walker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Citizen V.

Good man? Maybe.

Good writer? Sometimes, consistent? No, some characters he writes are pretty good (like his Fallen Son: Wolverine was pretty good but Fallen Son: Avengers sucked).

Old Post May 2nd, 2007 09:44 PM
Citizen V. is currently offline Click here to Send Citizen V. a Private Message Find more posts by Citizen V. Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
HueyFreeman
Super Fighting Robot

The series is ok
Great art except for the covers(funny its usually the other way around)
The whole race of lupines(not a bad idea but Wolverine in ancient Rome I can live without)

Made by Jugg666

Old Post May 2nd, 2007 10:22 PM
HueyFreeman is currently offline Click here to Send HueyFreeman a Private Message Find more posts by HueyFreeman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Grimm22
King of the Castle

quote: (post)
Originally posted by srankmissingnin

The Rome thing isn't that much of a shocker. Wolverine has had at least four previous lives... one of which implied he was being reincarnated since Biblical times to combat Ba'al.

Wasn't Wolverine born in the 1800's confused

Maybe Loeb needs to do his history research, seeing as how Ancient Rome was nowhere near the time when Wolverine was supposedly born

Old Post May 3rd, 2007 12:12 AM
Grimm22 is currently offline Click here to Send Grimm22 a Private Message Find more posts by Grimm22 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Soljer
Beware my Power

Originally posted by Grimm22

Maybe Loeb needs to do his history research, seeing as how Ancient Rome was nowhere near the time when Wolverine was supposedly born

He used to be. Now? Not so much. Seems that Wolverine was around in prehistoric times...

[IMG][/IMG]

Old Post May 3rd, 2007 01:22 AM
Soljer is currently offline Click here to Send Soljer a Private Message Find more posts by Soljer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xmarksthespot
CEO, BS Comics

What the fuck...

Old Post May 3rd, 2007 01:24 AM
xmarksthespot is currently offline Click here to Send xmarksthespot a Private Message Find more posts by xmarksthespot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
srankmissingnin
VP of Comic Knowledge

His current body is the body of James Howlett who was born in the late 1900s, but he has lived previous lives (four of which have been accounted for to date). So far we know he was reincarnation the original "Hand of God" who battled with Ba'al as well as the reincarnation of no less then three Japanese people in Feudal Japan... this Loeb arc just expands on all that I guess. Think Hawkman.

Play League of Legends for free and reference me - GentlemanZombie - when you join

Last edited by srankmissingnin on May 3rd, 2007 at 01:31 AM

Old Post May 3rd, 2007 01:28 AM
srankmissingnin is currently offline Click here to Send srankmissingnin a Private Message Find more posts by srankmissingnin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Macabre
Grey King of the Debb

Originally posted by capt it up
hell I am kinda glad there doing this. The story was cool so far and a lot of actaion.

origins made no senses any ways and controdicted many many past idea's and such. Logan was always ment to be far older then a 100. Logans other origins go to gather in a sense, but origins does not fallow any of his other origins and was simply crap
roll eyes (sarcastic)

Please, this idea sucks, no ifs, ands, or buts about it. Terrible, terrible idea.

The only thing thats with you your whole life is complete and utter darkness.

Old Post May 3rd, 2007 01:28 AM
Darth Macabre is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Macabre a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Macabre Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xmarksthespot
CEO, BS Comics

Think utter crap.

Old Post May 3rd, 2007 01:34 AM
xmarksthespot is currently offline Click here to Send xmarksthespot a Private Message Find more posts by xmarksthespot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bad Ash231
Harbinger of Dur

Re: Wolverine

Originally posted by Soljer
Anyone keeping up with the latest in the Wolverine run?

Apparently, he isn't human. He isn't homo superior...

He's Lupus Superior. The way humans and apes share a common ancestor, Logan and Wolves share a common ancestor. As does Sabretooth, Wild Child, and all the other pseudo-Wolverine-Characters.

Interesting....

Not to mention the fact that Logan was, apparently, alive in ancient Rome.

Interesting...

What the f**k?

snikt snikt bub snikt bub bub bub snikt bub snikt snikt snikt bub bub snikt snikt bub bub snikt bub snikt bub snikt snikt snikt bub snikt bub snikt bub bub snikt snikt bub snikt snik bub bub snikt snikt bub bub bub snikt bub snikt snikt bub snikt bub snikt snikt bub bub snikt bub bub snikt bub snikt bub snikt snikt snikt!!!!!!!

Sig by Inhuman

Last edited by Bad Ash231 on May 3rd, 2007 at 01:43 AM

Old Post May 3rd, 2007 01:34 AM
Bad Ash231 is currently offline Click here to Send Bad Ash231 a Private Message Find more posts by Bad Ash231 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
WanderingDroid
THE LOOSE CANNON

1800 BC....

Old Post May 3rd, 2007 01:42 AM
WanderingDroid is currently offline Click here to Send WanderingDroid a Private Message Find more posts by WanderingDroid Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Soljer
Beware my Power

His current body is the body of James Howlett who was born in the late 1900s, but he has lived previous lives (four of which have been accounted for to date). So far we know he was reincarnation the original "Hand of God" who battled with Ba'al as well as the reincarnation of no less then three Japanese people in Feudal Japan... this Loeb arc just expands on all that I guess. Think Hawkman.

Not to mention all the lupine flashbacks which seem to indicate a time period of pre-history.

[IMG][/IMG]

Old Post May 3rd, 2007 01:46 AM
Soljer is currently offline Click here to Send Soljer a Private Message Find more posts by Soljer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Symmetric Chaos
Fractal King

This is why we need to start killing muties. When they get magical past lives things have simply gone too far.

God clearly cannot be trusted to play God.

Graffiti outside Latin class.
Sed quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
A juvenal prank.

Old Post May 3rd, 2007 01:49 AM
Symmetric Chaos is currently offline Click here to Send Symmetric Chaos a Private Message Find more posts by Symmetric Chaos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dum Dum Dugan

Originally posted by Darth Macabre
roll eyes (sarcastic)

Please, this idea sucks, no ifs, ands, or buts about it. Terrible, terrible idea.

why? Why does it suck please educate me becuase you know so much about wolverine. You act like it some new thing. This is not some new idea.

I love people like you. You think somthing crap just becuase it wolverine even though your knowledge on wolverine is very limited.

Last edited by Dum Dum Dugan on May 3rd, 2007 at 03:01 AM

Old Post May 3rd, 2007 02:57 AM
Dum Dum Dugan is currently offline Click here to Send Dum Dum Dugan a Private Message Find more posts by Dum Dum Dugan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dum Dum Dugan

Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
This is why we need to start killing muties. When they get magical past lives things have simply gone too far.

God clearly cannot be trusted to play God.

Again it not a new thing. The whole rencarnation thing goes back to one of logans first runs mean back during the 80's early 90's.

Old Post May 3rd, 2007 02:58 AM
Dum Dum Dugan is currently offline Click here to Send Dum Dum Dugan a Private Message Find more posts by Dum Dum Dugan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dum Dum Dugan

maybe you should brush up on your knowledge of wolverine........

Old Post May 3rd, 2007 03:05 AM
Symmetric Chaos
Fractal King

Again it not a new thing. The whole rencarnation thing goes back to one of logans first runs mean back during the 80's early 90's.

I didn't say it was new. I just said once mutants appear that reincarnate we need to either get rid of the muties.

I mean reincarnation is basicly magic. Many mutants have quasi mystical abilities but past lives is magic. Thats just stupid IMO.

A juvenal prank.

Old Post May 3rd, 2007 03:08 AM
Symmetric Chaos is currently offline Click here to Send Symmetric Chaos a Private Message Find more posts by Symmetric Chaos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dum Dum Dugan

I didn't say it was new. I just said once mutants appear that reincarnate we need to either get rid of the muties.

I mean reincarnation is basicly magic. Many mutants have quasi mystical abilities but past lives is magic. Thats just stupid IMO.

why? Why is it stupid. It just wolverine it not any one else. Hell ther enot even sure wolverine is a mutant. He is immortal that much is known and if it due to his mutant powers then who cares? We know he was the choosen fighter for god that much is known. We also know that in the past though he comes up as not human he has also come up as neither mutant. Iam not sure why people care that he has recarnations I see nothing wrong with it. Thats better then being unable to die like deadpool or mister immortal and makes for much more interesting stories.

Last edited by Dum Dum Dugan on May 3rd, 2007 at 03:16 AM

Old Post May 3rd, 2007 03:12 AM
Starscream M

I agree...but then what about the Scarlet Witch?

Defacto Leader of the KMC VS Resistance Movement

Old Post May 3rd, 2007 03:15 AM
Starscream M is currently offline Click here to Send Starscream M a Private Message Find more posts by Starscream M Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Symmetric Chaos
Fractal King

why? Why is it stupid. It just wolverine it not any one else. Hell ther enot even sure wolverine is a mutant. He is immortal that much is known and if it due to his mutant powers then who cares? We know he was the choosen fighter for god that much is known. We also know that in the past though he comes up as not human he has also come up as neither mutant. I nto sure why people care that he has recarnations I see nothign wrong with it. Thats better then being unable to die like deadpool or mister immortal and makes for much more interesting stories.

You think that being a chosen warrior of god who has an incredible healing factor and who is reincarnated if he ever actually dies is more reasonable than MrImmortal or Deadpool?

Originally posted by masterbruce
I agree...but then what about the Scarlet Witch?

Quasi-mystical power. They at least tried to give that a scientific explanation of probability manipulation.

A juvenal prank.

Old Post May 3rd, 2007 03:17 AM