KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » TV Talk Forum » Heroes » The Theory Thread

The Theory Thread
Started by: Strangelove

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (11): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Strangelove
Misunderstood Genius

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Madvillain
To answer one of the questions, I think Charles and Peter were on the Astral Plane. I think Charles exists as an Astral Body.
This is not a comic book universe, fanboy. This is the real world.
Originally posted by Captain REX
Nope! But otherwise, most characters in Heroes should now be dead or dying...
But my question was why Parkman, Bennet and Thompson (who all got huge blasts of radiation in "Company Man") aren't radiation poisoned.

And the female FBI agent, too (her name escapes me). She was exposed to it when interrogating Ted Sprague.

Old Post Sep 19th, 2007 11:24 AM
Strangelove is currently offline Click here to Send Strangelove a Private Message Find more posts by Strangelove Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

I forget as well. She disappeared from the season for too long for me to remember her well...

I honestly can't say why they aren't poisoned. It'd be interesting for someone to try explaining that, but I'm no scientist.

Okay, looks like the Bennetts and Sylar are going at it again next season, seeing from the preview trailer on Myspace.

Old Post Sep 20th, 2007 05:27 AM
REXXXX is currently offline Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Strangelove
Misunderstood Genius

Okay, Peter Petrelli in the Season premiere. We find him in Ireland, with no memory and wearing necklace with The Symbol on it. He also has the power to generate electricity.

My theories: Peter just has amnesia. I don't like the theory that the Hatian erased his memory, because then we know that he can't get those back.

And he absorbed the electricity ability from the character in the two part "Blackout" graphic novels. Or maybe from his mother, like Ken theorized.

And Maya and Alejandro, a brother and sister who attempt to escape to America to try and reach Chandra Suresh (good luck). What we know is that Maya's ability kills everyone in a certain radius, and Alejandro's cancels it out.

I think that it's ultrasonic waves that destroy the organs in the body, causing the black liquid (seen in the episode and in the graphic novel "Maya y Alejandro"). And Alejandro absorbs those.

Kaito Nakamura and Angela Petrelli both receive death notices, presumably from one of their old "Justice League". At the end of the episode, Kaito is thrown off the edge of a building by the killer. Not including Charles Deveaux, Mr. Petrelli and Mr. Linderman, there are now 8 of the JL left.

It's natural to assume that the killer is the new villain that is now haunting Molly Walker's dreams. But I'm not so sure. We'll see.

And Ken reminded me that there will be an episode that explains what has happened in these past four months, so we will get our answers.

Last edited by Strangelove on Sep 25th, 2007 at 05:57 AM

Old Post Sep 25th, 2007 05:53 AM
Strangelove is currently offline Click here to Send Strangelove a Private Message Find more posts by Strangelove Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Strangelove
Misunderstood Genius

Also, I think that Mohinder will come to realize that Noah Bennet's goal to bring down The Company is wrong, and will side with it.

Old Post Sep 25th, 2007 05:54 AM
Strangelove
Misunderstood Genius

I've changed my mind on the memory thing. Ken convinced me that it's possible the Haitian did in fact erase his memory.

Old Post Sep 25th, 2007 06:24 AM
LanceWindu

Originally posted by Strangelove
Also, I think that Mohinder will come to realize that Noah Bennet's goal to bring down The Company is wrong, and will side with it.

This I'm not too sure about. The Company seems like they want Mohinder to see it in a good light, but we've already seen the way they go about things, they are dangerous.

Okay, Peter Petrelli in the Season premiere. We find him in Ireland, with no memory and wearing necklace with The Symbol on it. He also has the power to generate electricity.

My theories: Peter just has amnesia. I don't like the theory that the Hatian erased his memory, because then we know that he can't get those back.

And he absorbed the electricity ability from the character in the two part "Blackout" graphic novels. Or maybe from his mother, like Ken theorized.

And Maya and Alejandro, a brother and sister who attempt to escape to America to try and reach Chandra Suresh (good luck). What we know is that Maya's ability kills everyone in a certain radius, and Alejandro's cancels it out.

I think that it's ultrasonic waves that destroy the organs in the body, causing the black liquid (seen in the episode and in the graphic novel "Maya y Alejandro"). And Alejandro absorbs those.

Kaito Nakamura and Angela Petrelli both receive death notices, presumably from one of their old "Justice League". At the end of the episode, Kaito is thrown off the edge of a building by the killer. Not including Charles Deveaux, Mr. Petrelli and Mr. Linderman, there are now 8 of the JL left.

It's natural to assume that the killer is the new villain that is now haunting Molly Walker's dreams. But I'm not so sure. We'll see.

And Ken reminded me that there will be an episode that explains what has happened in these past four months, so we will get our answers.

Points taken...now, counter points.

It is not just amnesia, the Haitian HAS to have something to do with Peter's predicament, as evidenced by the necklace around his neck. The Haitian erased his memory and left him in the shipping container. Is the Haitian bad or good? We don't know yet, but my theory is that he's good and is actually going to help Peter in the long run.

The electricity, I still say his mom has this power and that's how he might have gotten it. This is probably wrong though, and I'll recant my theory if that time comes. stick out tongue

That character from the "Blackout" novels, how would Peter have come into contact with him? Mohinder sent him off to the middle of nowhere with no electricity around him. No one could have found him...unless...when Peter exploded he was near that shack, the electric man found him and nursed him back to health. I'm on the fence here because I'm stretching things a bit.

Maya's power...it seems kind of like the Black Plague, I could be wrong, I didn't head to the Wiki page for it to look up symptoms. And I agree that Alejandro cancels her power out. They are twins with powers that work together.

I'm 100% certain that the man haunting Molly is the same man that just knocked off Mr. Nakamura. So we agree on this issue as well.

Old Post Sep 25th, 2007 06:27 AM
LanceWindu is currently offline Click here to Send LanceWindu a Private Message Find more posts by LanceWindu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

My theory is that Kaito's killer is not the one from Molly's nightmares. I could mistaken, but Kaito's killer seemed to be feeling around, almost as if he was blind. Wouldn't fit with a villain with scary eyes.

Hasn't been mentioned yet, but [SPOILER - highlight to read]: one of the new characters to the show will be a woman working for the Company, who has the ability of electromagnetivity. I think this may be the source of Peter's new power.

My own personally theory on Maya and Alejandro is that Maya emits some sort of defensive "virus," infecting those within a certain radius and killing them, like a plague. Alejandro serves as an antidote of sorts.

Old Post Sep 25th, 2007 06:30 AM
REXXXX is currently offline Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LanceWindu

Originally posted by Captain REX
My theory is that Kaito's killer is not the one from Molly's nightmares. I could mistaken, but Kaito's killer seemed to be feeling around, almost as if he was blind. Wouldn't fit with a villain with scary eyes.

Hasn't been mentioned yet, but [SPOILER - highlight to read]: one of the new characters to the show will be a woman working for the Company, who has the ability of electromagnetivity. I think this may be the source of Peter's new power.

My own personally theory on Maya and Alejandro is that Maya emits some sort of defensive "virus," infecting those within a certain radius and killing them, like a plague. Alejandro serves as an antidote of sorts.

New theory based on your "blind man" thoughts. Molly only sees his eyes it seems, he's always searching in the dark of dreams and nightmares...he can't use his eyes in the real world. Just a thought.

Old Post Sep 25th, 2007 06:32 AM
LanceWindu is currently offline Click here to Send LanceWindu a Private Message Find more posts by LanceWindu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Strangelove
Misunderstood Genius

Originally posted by Tattoo
I'm 100% certain that the man haunting Molly is the same man that just knocked off Mr. Nakamura. So we agree on this issue as well.
I wouldn't say that we agree, I just think it's natural to assume as much. It could easily not be.

Old Post Sep 25th, 2007 06:34 AM
LanceWindu

I wouldn't say that we agree, I just think it's natural to assume as much. It could easily not be.

You think it is, I think it is...we agree. We could be wrong though. stick out tongue

Old Post Sep 25th, 2007 06:35 AM
Strangelove
Misunderstood Genius

You think it is, I think it is...we agree. We could be wrong though. stick out tongue
Most definitely

Old Post Sep 25th, 2007 06:36 AM
Strangelove
Misunderstood Genius

I was reading this description on yamagatofellowship.org:
quote:
With war threatening to fracture Japan, he went to the Dragon of Kiso Mountain and asked him to teach him the secrets of the sword. The Dragon agreed to help in exchange for all of his love. Takezo loved a princess with all his heart but knew Japan would fall if he did not triumph, so he agreed. The Dragon taught him and he became Kensei (a sword saint).
And it struck me: Hiro is the Dragon of Kiso Mountain.

Old Post Sep 25th, 2007 07:08 AM
Madvillain

[B]This is not a comic book universe, fanboy. This is the real world.

Are you completely retarded or do you work at having inferior cognitive capabilities? You mean the same 'real world' where someone can obtain powers by splitting someone's head open, or the same 'real world' where a 15 year old girl can be completely flayed by a biochemical blast and heal instantaneously, or the 'real world' where people can stop time? Did you actually think you were being clever and making sense? You are quite dim and it would be a great justice to humanity if you would kill yourself. smile I'm being serious here. I don't advocate suicide, but in your case...

Wow I'm still in awe at how stupid what you said was. The audacity lol...

Old Post Sep 25th, 2007 01:37 PM
Madvillain is currently offline Click here to Send Madvillain a Private Message Find more posts by Madvillain Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Madvillain

lol@ thinking having a real-life setting makes any of their abilities any less absurd.

kill your stupid self.

Old Post Sep 25th, 2007 01:40 PM
Madvillain is currently offline Click here to Send Madvillain a Private Message Find more posts by Madvillain Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LanceWindu

Are you completely retarded or do you work at having inferior cognitive capabilities? You mean the same 'real world' where someone can obtain powers by splitting someone's head open, or the same 'real world' where a 15 year old girl can be completely flayed by a biochemical blast and heal instantaneously, or the 'real world' where people can stop time? Did you actually think you were being clever and making sense? You are quite dim and it would be a great justice to humanity if you would kill yourself. smile I'm being serious here. I don't advocate suicide, but in your case...

Reported for trolling. smile

Old Post Sep 25th, 2007 04:40 PM
Madvillain

Reported for trolling. smile

Good for you.

But I think any moderator with a grain of intelligence will see the stark idiocy in his comment, and understand why it deserved that reaction. How hypocritically dumb can one person get?

It's great to see you sticking up for your boyfriend though. Here's a dancing banana to keep you busy..

Happy Dance

Enjoy.

Old Post Sep 25th, 2007 06:17 PM
LanceWindu

Good for you.

But I think any moderator with a grain of intelligence will see the stark idiocy in his comment, and understand why it deserved that reaction. How hypocritically dumb can one person get?

It's great to see you sticking up for your boyfriend though. Here's a dancing banana to keep you busy..

Happy Dance

Enjoy.

Any moderator with half a brain cell will see how his comment deserves nothing but a rebuttal from someone who knows how to debate. Not some douche bag who relies on insulting someone because they can't make a counter argument to prove their point.

Old Post Sep 25th, 2007 08:50 PM
REXXXX
Networking

Madvillain, Heroes is set in the real world, as if it were really happening. That is the aim of the show. Of course it's fictionalized, it's a TV show about people evolving to have super powers. But the premises of the show is that they are doing all this in the real world.

The rest of your comments are out of line, so consider yourself warned. Next time will be a week-long ban for you.

Last edited by REXXXX on Sep 25th, 2007 at 09:38 PM

Old Post Sep 25th, 2007 09:35 PM
Strangelove
Misunderstood Genius

Ummm....wow. Not only are you a mean-spirited assh*le, but you actually suggested that I commit suicide. You're a monster, plain and simple. I know you already got warned, but I'm reporting this again, just to spite you. You are the epitome of a horrible person.

What I meant when I said what I said was that the story is set in the real world, i.e. no Astral Plane.

Way to overreact.

Last edited by Strangelove on Sep 25th, 2007 at 10:05 PM

Old Post Sep 25th, 2007 10:00 PM
REXXXX
Networking

I dealt with it, Strangelove.

Old Post Sep 26th, 2007 05:26 AM