KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Horror Movies » The "Favorite/Most Recommended" Horror Movies Thread.

The "Favorite/Most Recommended" Horror Movies Thread.
Started by: S_W_LeGenD

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (12): « First ... « 7 8 [9] 10 11 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Dave_97
Party Dave

"In the Mouth of Madness."

its the only horror movie that gets to me.

quote: (post)
Originally posted by The Nuul
Event Horizon
The Thing (John Carpenter's).
Let the Right One in
The Decent
CandyMan
A Tale of Two Sisters(Korean).
Bram's Stoker 'Dracula
Thirteen Ghosts
Hellraiser
The Orphange

In no order.
i love that list.
well... aside from "the decent", but in all fairness i really didnt give it much of a chance.
watched about 10 mins and shut it off.

Lazers_go_pew_pew_pew

Old Post Nov 3rd, 2009 02:40 PM
Dave_97 is currently offline Click here to Send Dave_97 a Private Message Find more posts by Dave_97 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kris Blaze
Restricted

Account Restricted

So you didn't really watch the horror part of it?

I give you the only thing an Orange Lantern gives....Demands

Old Post Nov 3rd, 2009 02:59 PM
Kris Blaze is currently offline Click here to Send Kris Blaze a Private Message Find more posts by Kris Blaze Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dave_97
Party Dave

yeah, you could very well say that, maybe i'll rent it this weekend.

Lazers_go_pew_pew_pew

Old Post Nov 4th, 2009 08:43 PM
Dave_97 is currently offline Click here to Send Dave_97 a Private Message Find more posts by Dave_97 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Micheal_Myers
KMC's resident thrasher!

I believe the Descent to be slightly overrated, though still a good film. Should probably at least wait until the second half before you shut it off.

Old Post Nov 4th, 2009 10:12 PM
Micheal_Myers is currently offline Click here to Send Micheal_Myers a Private Message Find more posts by Micheal_Myers Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blinky
Android First Class

Originally posted by Micheal_Myers
I believe the Descent to be slightly overrated, though still a good film. Should probably at least wait until the second half before you shut it off.

Glad to see I'm not the only one who didn't think much of "The Decent".

"Some people never go crazy. What truly horrible lives they must lead."

Old Post Nov 5th, 2009 07:22 PM
Blinky is currently offline Click here to Send Blinky a Private Message Find more posts by Blinky Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blinky
Android First Class

I actually took time to skim through this whole thread, I am surprized nobody mentioned Phantasm .

This being one of my all-time favorites, I recommend it. It's a absolute horror classic IMO. Totally original and well made, must see for anybody who calls themself a horror-fan.

Old Post Nov 18th, 2009 06:22 PM
Blinky is currently offline Click here to Send Blinky a Private Message Find more posts by Blinky Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jayce78
Restricted

Account Restricted

The Original Texas Chainsaw Massarce.

Old Post Nov 19th, 2009 02:16 PM
jayce78 is currently offline Click here to Send jayce78 a Private Message Find more posts by jayce78 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MildPossession
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote:
I actually took time to skim through this whole thread, I am surprized nobody mentioned Phantasm.

I enjoyed Phantasm when I first saw it, but it's not a favourite of mine in the Horror field.

Old Post Nov 19th, 2009 06:56 PM
MildPossession is currently offline Click here to Send MildPossession a Private Message Find more posts by MildPossession Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jayce78
Restricted

Account Restricted

Puppet Master is one low budget , creppy ass B-movie. Definitley give it a look next time it's on AMC latenight . . . .

Old Post Nov 19th, 2009 10:39 PM
jayce78 is currently offline Click here to Send jayce78 a Private Message Find more posts by jayce78 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MildPossession
Restricted

Account Restricted

Had that on dvd once, the black dressed puppet with white hair was freaky, can't remember its name.

Old Post Nov 19th, 2009 11:00 PM
MildPossession is currently offline Click here to Send MildPossession a Private Message Find more posts by MildPossession Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jayce78
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by MildPossession
Had that on dvd once, the black dressed puppet with white hair was freaky, can't remember its name.

That was so long ago. I don't recall either. Did he even have a name in the movie?

Old Post Nov 19th, 2009 11:28 PM
jayce78
Restricted

Account Restricted

the black dressed puppet with white hair was freaky,

How scary would a bigger live action version of that be? Huh? That would scary the peepee outa me I tell ya . . . .

Old Post Nov 19th, 2009 11:30 PM
Blinky
Android First Class

His name is Blade, my favorite puppet.

Last edited by Blinky on Nov 20th, 2009 at 02:02 AM

Old Post Nov 20th, 2009 01:58 AM
The_usher
I never pay for tickets

1.Atom Age Vampire
2.Blood and Roses
3.Horrors of Spider Island
4.Feast
5.Rosemary's Baby
6.The Legend of Hell House
7.The Legend of Hell House
8.Horror of Dracula
9.The Amityville Horror
10.Poltergeist

Old Post Dec 1st, 2009 09:41 AM
The_usher is currently offline Click here to Send The_usher a Private Message Find more posts by The_usher Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
woodenheart

I like and recomend:

100 Tears...insane clown with a huge clever
Garden Of Love...german splatter and Olaf Ittenbach's SPFX
Angst...1983 german serial killer..an hour long but bloody awesome
The Hills Run Red....scissors and a face...nuff said.
Deadgirl...zombie ****ing!!!

Old Post Dec 3rd, 2009 06:34 AM
woodenheart is currently offline Click here to Send woodenheart a Private Message Find more posts by woodenheart Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The_usher
I never pay for tickets

-> The Exorcist
-> Rosemary's Baby
-> The Omen
-> Poltergeist
-> The Shining
-> The Amityville Horror
-> Alien
-> The Sixth Sense
-> Halloween
-> The Challenging

Old Post Dec 14th, 2009 01:13 PM
The_usher is currently offline Click here to Send The_usher a Private Message Find more posts by The_usher Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
the ninjak
FRINGE Division

City of the living dead Fulci
Nightmare City
Texas Chainsaw Massacre Original
Nosferatu
Night of the living dead Original

Old Post Jan 24th, 2010 01:34 PM
the ninjak is currently offline Click here to Send the ninjak a Private Message Find more posts by the ninjak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
flyawayjane
Restricted

Account Restricted

Alien
The Descent
Dawn of the Dead
Night of the living Dead
Psycho
Saw

Old Post Jan 25th, 2010 08:05 AM
flyawayjane is currently offline Click here to Send flyawayjane a Private Message Find more posts by flyawayjane Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Squirrel Fart

Thrist 2009 Korean.

It brilliant!

Old Post Feb 18th, 2010 02:36 PM
Squirrel Fart is currently offline Click here to Send Squirrel Fart a Private Message Find more posts by Squirrel Fart Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
crystallake
Slasher

While I still think the new version of "The Crazies" looks great, and I'll definitely be seeing it opening night next Friday (the 26th), I HIGHLY recommend checking out the original! It's surprising to me how many people don't realize that it's actually a remake of a classic (but lesser-known) George Romero horror movie from the '70s. It's fantastic, albeit low-budget - it's definitely worth trying to find it on DVD. It's also coming out on Blu-Ray later this month apparently, or Shock Ya is also giving away a bunch of Romero DVDs this week (including the original "Crazies"):

http://www.shockya.com/news/2010/02...dvd-prize-pack/

Old Post Feb 18th, 2010 11:19 PM
crystallake is currently offline Click here to Send crystallake a Private Message Find more posts by crystallake Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote