KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Sci-Fi / Fantasy » The official "Back to the Future" series thread.

The official "Back to the Future" series thread.
Started by: Adam Hussein

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (17): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
steverules
The doctor

Think about it, in 2015 when the doc and Marty went to 2015 they went into the past when they went back to 1985......so they went back in time in the future. Thats the best I can describe it.

Old Post Dec 29th, 2005 10:46 AM
steverules is currently offline Click here to Send steverules a Private Message Find more posts by steverules Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
bloodboy
Restricted

Account Restricted

I think Back To The Future 3 is really good just as good as 1 and 2. But I am not sure which is my favourite.

Old Post Dec 29th, 2005 03:53 PM
bloodboy is currently offline Click here to Send bloodboy a Private Message Find more posts by bloodboy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
A.D. Skinner
Assistant Director

Okay...allow me to put my two cents in...

Something that has always bugged me about BTTF2 and BTTF3 is this...

In the 3rd installment...Marty is upset about leaving Jennifer on her porch in the alternate 1985, but is reassured by Doc, that when they changed the past, the alternate 1985 changed back to the normal 1985 the departed from to begin with....

So therefore, when Biff steals the time machine is 2015 and heads off to the past to give himself the Sports Almanac, shouldn't have their surroundings in 2015 changed immediately?
In fact things did not change, so why was it nessesary to go back to 1955 and stop Biff from giving himself the book, when in 2015, things were status quo ???

Old Post Dec 29th, 2005 05:05 PM
A.D. Skinner is currently offline Click here to Send A.D. Skinner a Private Message Find more posts by A.D. Skinner Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SpyCspider

yup that made no sense to me either....unless they were in an alternate future timeline.

But then Doc's reassertion that Jennifer will be fine makes no sense.

Old Post Dec 29th, 2005 07:40 PM
SpyCspider is currently offline Click here to Send SpyCspider a Private Message Find more posts by SpyCspider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
bloodboy
Restricted

Account Restricted

I think just because the surroundings don't change does not mean it still isn't an alternate timeline. Anyway if Biff gets shot by Lorraine in the mid 90's then things wouldn't be as bad in the alternate 2015 as the alternate 1985.
I also spotted on BTTF3 that the bridge which is only half-built is called something like "soncash or noncash bridge" or something weird like that, I can't remember properly. Also why is the Strictland on BTTF3 the only Strictland not to be bald.
And on BTTf1 there is no sign of Biff by the steps on BTTF2. But you can clearly see the steps. But to spot this you might have to watch BTTF1 and 2 seperatly and have a good memory as well.
And on BTTF2 when Doc goes into the future from BTTF1 he sees Marty and Jenifer as middle-aged parents. But then by going back in time to get Marty and Jenifer to come to the future he makes Marty and Jenifer miss all of those years of marriage and kids. Also if they did skip all of them years wouldn't George and Lorraine call the police and be wondering where both of them are.

Old Post Dec 29th, 2005 08:12 PM
bloodboy is currently offline Click here to Send bloodboy a Private Message Find more posts by bloodboy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
steverules
The doctor

He was shot in the 90's so it gives them at least 15 or more years to rebuild.

Old Post Dec 29th, 2005 10:59 PM
steverules is currently offline Click here to Send steverules a Private Message Find more posts by steverules Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
bloodboy
Restricted

Account Restricted

If Mad Dog almost shoots Doc in bttf3 but missed because of Marty throwing the frisbie then what stops him from doing it before Marty went back in time. Then the date on the tombstone should be 5th September

Old Post Dec 30th, 2005 05:22 PM
bloodboy
Restricted

Account Restricted

If you watch BTTF1 and 2 seperatly you can see the girl Marty pushes past after George punched Biff is completely diffrent not even a glimpse of the same girl

Old Post Dec 30th, 2005 06:04 PM
steverules
The doctor

I know I noticed that to. eek!

Old Post Dec 30th, 2005 08:38 PM
bloodboy
Restricted

Account Restricted

Great minds notice alike

Old Post Dec 30th, 2005 10:49 PM
InnerRise
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by steverules
Think about it, in 2015 when the doc and Marty went to 2015 they went into the past when they went back to 1985......so they went back in time in the future. Thats the best I can describe it.

let me help you b/c you're bugging me with this confusing talk.

What you are trying to say it "They went back in time FROM the future".

Originally posted by A.D. Skinner
Okay...allow me to put my two cents in...

Something that has always bugged me about BTTF2 and BTTF3 is this...

In the 3rd installment...Marty is upset about leaving Jennifer on her porch in the alternate 1985, but is reassured by Doc, that when they changed the past, the alternate 1985 changed back to the normal 1985 the departed from to begin with....

So therefore, when Biff steals the time machine is 2015 and heads off to the past to give himself the Sports Almanac, shouldn't have their surroundings in 2015 changed immediately?
In fact things did not change, so why was it nessesary to go back to 1955 and stop Biff from giving himself the book, when in 2015, things were status quo ???

First of all you mean the 2nd installment, not the 3rd.

The surroundings in 2015 don't change b/c like it's been said in here mutlitple times, by doing this Biff causes a change in time back in the 90's where he gets shot by Lorraine, so 2015 isn't affected in a big way b/c he doesn't exist in it. I'm sure it has affected his immediate family and stuff in some way but not 2015 as a whole.

And they don't go back to 1955 to stop Biff from giving the book to himself b/c he does give the book to himself, they just get the book back from the young Biff.
And it's necessary to get the book back b/c even though it doesn't affect 2015, it does affect 1985.

And I've just brought up something that asks for pondering.
If 2015 doesn't change b/c Biff gets shot earlier on it still doesn't make since b/c it does affect 1985 and Marty's father gets shot by Biff in this alternate timeline so even though Biff dies before 2015, Marty's father should have been dead too because he died in the alternate 1985 b/c of Old Biff going back and making himself rich. And so Lorraine wouldn't have been with him. And a bunch of other stuff could be said wrong about this.
Surprised this wasn't noticed earlier. And since Lorraine we don't know how Lorraine would have turned out in the alternate time line b/c she was out of it when it changed and was brought back and just left at her alternate house, who knows if she and Marty would have still ended up together in 2015, so yeah, besides the whole Biff being rich in 2015, which wouldn't happened b/c he died before 2015 as a result of him going back and changing time, other things would have changed that didn't.

And for the other person who was asking about why if they went into the future and skipped all of there marriage years, why would they still be married in the future. They future wouldn't change in this way because they still ended up going back to their time to live out their lives, so that's why it still shows them as a "middle aged married couple".

"I'll Stay Gold For U.H."

Last edited by InnerRise on Dec 31st, 2005 at 05:34 AM

Old Post Dec 31st, 2005 05:31 AM
InnerRise is currently offline Click here to Send InnerRise a Private Message Find more posts by InnerRise Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

I'd just take the old fashioned expl;anation that the change only occurs instantly in a relative sense- i.e. if you are the time travellers that caused it.

So for Biff, the future would have changed very quickly, but for Doc and Marty, it stays the same until they leave it (at which point they can never return until it is restored).

Meanwhile, as to why the Doc didn't make an effort to return the 'correct' timeline by making sure Clara died...

He is a guy from the 1980s living in the 1880s who already cheated via time to save his life once! I think he's long accepted that there is no concept of 'correct' time, merely better or worse. He thought Clara living was better, oddly enough...

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Last edited by Ushgarak on Jan 1st, 2006 at 01:09 AM

Old Post Dec 31st, 2005 11:27 AM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
steverules
The doctor

Originally posted by powerfulone1987
let me help you b/c you're bugging me with this confusing talk.

What you are trying to say it "They went back in time FROM the future".

First of all you mean the 2nd installment, not the 3rd.

The surroundings in 2015 don't change b/c like it's been said in here mutlitple times, by doing this Biff causes a change in time back in the 90's where he gets shot by Lorraine, so 2015 isn't affected in a big way b/c he doesn't exist in it. I'm sure it has affected his immediate family and stuff in some way but not 2015 as a whole.

And they don't go back to 1955 to stop Biff from giving the book to himself b/c he does give the book to himself, they just get the book back from the young Biff.
And it's necessary to get the book back b/c even though it doesn't affect 2015, it does affect 1985.

And I've just brought up something that asks for pondering.
If 2015 doesn't change b/c Biff gets shot earlier on it still doesn't make since b/c it does affect 1985 and Marty's father gets shot by Biff in this alternate timeline so even though Biff dies before 2015, Marty's father should have been dead too because he died in the alternate 1985 b/c of Old Biff going back and making himself rich. And so Lorraine wouldn't have been with him. And a bunch of other stuff could be said wrong about this.
Surprised this wasn't noticed earlier. And since Lorraine we don't know how Lorraine would have turned out in the alternate time line b/c she was out of it when it changed and was brought back and just left at her alternate house, who knows if she and Marty would have still ended up together in 2015, so yeah, besides the whole Biff being rich in 2015, which wouldn't happened b/c he died before 2015 as a result of him going back and changing time, other things would have changed that didn't.

And for the other person who was asking about why if they went into the future and skipped all of there marriage years, why would they still be married in the future. They future wouldn't change in this way because they still ended up going back to their time to live out their lives, so that's why it still shows them as a "middle aged married couple".

I never said it was the third installment roll eyes (sarcastic) And that was what I was trying to say or did say, I guess every one else knew what I was talkin about.

Old Post Dec 31st, 2005 03:36 PM
bloodboy
Restricted

Account Restricted

I think I know what your on about.

And I'm not sure if any of you noticed but I found a new mistake in BTTF1, but I can't believe I did not see it before. If you notice when Marty goes to see Doc at Twin Pines Mall(Lone Pine Mall). Martys skateboard wheels change colour from yellow to pink when he strokes Einstein

Old Post Dec 31st, 2005 06:58 PM
steverules
The doctor

Thats a wierd mistake to realise......

Old Post Dec 31st, 2005 07:03 PM
bloodboy
Restricted

Account Restricted

Its just that I've seen BTTF1 so many times I always expected the same but then I just happend to notice

Old Post Dec 31st, 2005 07:33 PM
InnerRise
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by steverules
I never said it was the third installment roll eyes (sarcastic) And that was what I was trying to say or did say, I guess every one else knew what I was talkin about.

If you'll look carefully you see that the second half of my message, which is clearly beneath another dialogue box in my post, where I noted that it was the 2nd and not the 3rd was directed to A.D. Skinner, not you.

Old Post Dec 31st, 2005 10:41 PM
InnerRise is currently offline Click here to Send InnerRise a Private Message Find more posts by InnerRise Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
bloodboy
Restricted

Account Restricted

who is "you"?

Old Post Dec 31st, 2005 11:50 PM
InnerRise
Restricted

Account Restricted

god people, pay attention. it's like dialogue boxes surpass you. If I take the time to qoute somebody and respond to it, then obviously I am talking to the person that i qouted. I mean how more obvious can I be. I might as well not qoute in this thread if it's not going to do any good.
How ironic, I qoute a thread to set them straight on qouting just to be questioned by someone else on the thread that's meant to correct something else.

OH, and in case there's any confusiong:

THIS POST IS DIRECTED TOWARDS bloodboys2blueb.

Old Post Jan 1st, 2006 12:06 AM
bloodboy
Restricted

Account Restricted

ALright take a chill pill

Old Post Jan 1st, 2006 12:29 AM