KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Silver Surfer's Blast vs Superman's punch

Silver Surfer's Blast vs Superman's punch
Started by: Newjak

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (13): « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Air Legend
Moderat0r

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Juntai
Your scans defeated themselves.
"I cannot be moved unless I wish to be."

Also, he was invisible and intangible pretty much that entire Tales arc, he allowed Batman to see and touch him.... sort of like he explained to Superman.

You're right. Spectre lets Batman have his way with him, while he laughs in Supermans face.

Batkick ftw.

Michael Demiurgos Respect Thread

Old Post Jan 4th, 2008 10:06 PM
Air Legend is currently offline Click here to Send Air Legend a Private Message Find more posts by Air Legend Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Juntai
Divine Vengeance

Originally posted by Air Legend
You're right. Spectre lets Batman have his way with him, while he laughs in Supermans face.

Batkick ftw.
He's kind of an ass in that regard.

I am God's mighty fist. I am God's strength made manifest.

Sig by: Skeets, S.S, thesilverspider, Sir SKEETS Alot

Old Post Jan 4th, 2008 10:07 PM
Juntai is currently offline Click here to Send Juntai a Private Message Find more posts by Juntai Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Avlon
Godot Brew#107

Originally posted by nimbus006
He went mad b/c he tried to absorb the entire sun at once. Superman couldnt do that either. Surfer can still DRAW energy from ALMOST anything in the cosmos is what i meant to say.

And he CAN absorb the power primordal, he did it against that uni something creature IIRC.

Superman honestly doesn't need to since it appears he processes the same energy far more efficiently.

For example OWAW's sundip made him ridiculously over the top tier. His proximity to the Sun when fighting Cythonna made him fight on an almost even basis with a kryptonian skyfather level god.

He actually did absorb a full sun when he willfully absorbed the anti-sun powering mageddon...and smiled afterwards like nothing happened.

Surfer's attempt to absorb a sun powered him up...but unfortunately it has the effect of not only driving SS mad...but making him dumber the more powerful he gets...ala Maul from wildcats.

Humans are afraid of the dark.
And yet… At the same time, we’re fascinated and bewitched by it.
Maybe that’s why humans drink the darkness that is coffee.

Old Post Jan 4th, 2008 10:19 PM
Avlon is currently offline Click here to Send Avlon a Private Message Find more posts by Avlon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Soljer
Beware my Power

By 'all out, not holding back' do we take into account the fact that Superman can travel at super-luminal speeds before extending his fist for the punch?

Do we take into account the possible barrage of follow up punches/blasts?

[IMG][/IMG]

Old Post Jan 4th, 2008 10:39 PM
Soljer is currently offline Click here to Send Soljer a Private Message Find more posts by Soljer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Newjak
I am Beyond Power

Ok some quick clarifications:

Yes this is more of a measuring type deal with everything is considered equal footing.

Secondly this is Superman's best punch so yes he gets to attain max velocity as well as his strength into the attack. And he only gets one.

Just Surfer only gets one Blast.

sig by Rao Kal El

Old Post Jan 5th, 2008 12:55 AM
Newjak is currently offline Click here to Send Newjak a Private Message Find more posts by Newjak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
illadelph
aka Rakim Illa

So Supes flying at top speed and connecting a punch, or Supes simply cocking back his fist and dropping a haymaker? Because if it's Supes charging full bore, shouldn't it also be Surfer dropping his most powerful blast in someone's grill at point blank range?

PSN: Illadelph12Prime, Haksaw_Jim_Thugn - Tumblr: Mighty-Illactus
>Z<

Old Post Jan 5th, 2008 01:22 AM
illadelph is currently offline Click here to Send illadelph a Private Message Find more posts by illadelph Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
illadelph
aka Rakim Illa

Either way it's still shatter versus vaporize.

PSN: Illadelph12Prime, Haksaw_Jim_Thugn - Tumblr: Mighty-Illactus
>Z<

Old Post Jan 5th, 2008 01:23 AM
illadelph is currently offline Click here to Send illadelph a Private Message Find more posts by illadelph Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Newjak
I am Beyond Power

Originally posted by illadelph12
So Supes flying at top speed and connecting a punch, or Supes simply cocking back his fist and dropping a haymaker? Because if it's Supes charging full bore, shouldn't it also be Surfer dropping his most powerful blast in someone's grill at point blank range?
Well I'm allowing Superman to fly at top speed because Silver Surfer can charge his blasts.

sig by Rao Kal El

Old Post Jan 5th, 2008 01:29 AM
Newjak is currently offline Click here to Send Newjak a Private Message Find more posts by Newjak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
strengthkills

I'd say Surfer's blast, actually. Superman's punches are very powerful, but the properties behind a blast from Surfer exceed a punch. The punch is simply one extremely strong impact on one point of a surface. The blast contains near equal concussive force as the punch, as well as heat, radiation, and whatever other properties Surfer wishes to channel into it, and it will also engulf the target's entirety and strike at all points on the surface, or Surfer can fine tune the blast to be surgical and strike a particular point. Surfer can also custom make his blasts tailored for any target to bypass it's defenses, or simply disintegrate matter.

That's my opinion anyway.

Punches can shatter.

Blasts can vaporize.

Well put,this is my opinion too.

Old Post Jan 5th, 2008 01:41 AM
strengthkills is currently offline Click here to Send strengthkills a Private Message Find more posts by strengthkills Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Horrificus

Surfer

Old Post Jan 5th, 2008 02:50 AM
Horrificus is currently offline Click here to Send Horrificus a Private Message Find more posts by Horrificus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mindship
Snap out of it.

Originally posted by Newjak
Well I'm allowing Superman to fly at top speed because Silver Surfer can charge his blasts.
I'm not sure how that equates. Surfer charging up a blast is like Superman cocking back his fist. To add flying momentum is to give Superman a secondary source of punching force. That would be like having Surfer fly in at top speed and converting his kinetic energy into additional blast energy.

Shinier than a speeding bullet.

Last edited by Mindship on Jan 5th, 2008 at 04:38 AM

Old Post Jan 5th, 2008 04:36 AM
Mindship is currently offline Click here to Send Mindship a Private Message Find more posts by Mindship Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TricksterPriest
Renegade Timelord

Originally posted by Avlon
Superman honestly doesn't need to since it appears he processes the same energy far more efficiently.

For example OWAW's sundip made him ridiculously over the top tier. His proximity to the Sun when fighting Cythonna made him fight on an almost even basis with a kryptonian skyfather level god.

He actually did absorb a full sun when he willfully absorbed the anti-sun powering mageddon...and smiled afterwards like nothing happened.

Surfer's attempt to absorb a sun powered him up...but unfortunately it has the effect of not only driving SS mad...but making him dumber the more powerful he gets...ala Maul from wildcats.

He legitimately beat a skyfather with a sun-amp? What the f**k? blink Well, now I don't feel so bad about S/B 25.

Old Post Jan 5th, 2008 05:15 AM
TricksterPriest is currently offline Click here to Send TricksterPriest a Private Message Find more posts by TricksterPriest Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

Bump.

Old Post May 20th, 2016 07:13 AM
abhilegend is currently offline Click here to Send abhilegend a Private Message Find more posts by abhilegend Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

I'd say Surfer's blast, actually. Superman's punches are very powerful, but the properties behind a blast from Surfer exceed a punch. The punch is simply one extremely strong impact on one point of a surface. The blast contains near equal concussive force as the punch, as well as heat, radiation, and whatever other properties Surfer wishes to channel into it, and it will also engulf the target's entirety and strike at all points on the surface, or Surfer can fine tune the blast to be surgical and strike a particular point. Surfer can also custom make his blasts tailored for any target to bypass it's defenses, or simply disintegrate matter.

That's my opinion anyway.

Punches can shatter.

Blasts can vaporize.

Except Surfer hasn't vaporized anyone of note.

thumb up

Old Post May 20th, 2016 07:34 AM
abhilegend is currently offline Click here to Send abhilegend a Private Message Find more posts by abhilegend Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
h1a8

SHATTERING PLANETS
At best Surfer can shatter (not vaporize) planets. If a non holding back Superman can press more than 50 Earth weights then he too could easily shatter planets with a single blow.

VAPORIZING FODDER
Second, Superman can IMP. If he punches something with 99.9999999% the speed of light then not only will his mass significantly increase but the kinetic energy produced from that type of velocity would vaporize any fodder object that Surfer can vaporize. It's the same science behind of WBH'S output energy after the collision. That energy had vaporization properties due to the impact.

DAMAGING DURABLE BEINGS
If a non holding back Superman can press more than 50 Earth weights then he can damage beings that Surfer cant. Also, going by comics, OWAW Superman can literally damage beings that Surfer's blasts cant.

Bottomline: Since a non holding back Superman's punch can damage very durable beings that Surfer's blasts cant and can also vaporize any object that Surfer's blast can. Thus the punch has the better damage output.

P.S. Superman's hv has better penetration power than Surfer's blasts. It can reach temperatures more than 1000x hotter than the sun. No character in comics was shown to survive or produce that type of heat.

-General Zod: Superman II

Last edited by h1a8 on May 20th, 2016 at 05:08 PM

Old Post May 20th, 2016 04:56 PM
h1a8 is currently offline Click here to Send h1a8 a Private Message Find more posts by h1a8 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

Can fts be posted please? Blasting fts for Surfer and PUNCHING (not bull rushing) fts for Superman.

On ignore list: Darksaint and Stilt

Old Post May 20th, 2016 05:48 PM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
celeyhyga17
Yawning Void

Originally posted by One-Punch

Surfer's energy discharges create black holes as a side-effect. We're talking about the same type of energy a collapsed star releasesl.
http://postimg.org/image/o8uka5487/
http://postimg.org/image/3m5uotktj/

Old Post May 20th, 2016 06:06 PM
celeyhyga17 is currently offline Click here to Send celeyhyga17 a Private Message Find more posts by celeyhyga17 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

Sure. I'll start.

Casually punches a hole in Cyborg-Superman and rips his central node out.

Shattered Fernus's body with one punch.

Killed Doomsday in a few punches.

Would've shattered Wonder Woman's bracers in three hits.

Actually shattered Diana's bracers in an altered timeline.

Punched so hard with Kal-L, it destroyed the barriers of space and time and started warping reality.

Punched off Kal-L's jaw in one hit.

Oneshotted Earth Man with the power of entire LOSH.

Oneshotted Bizarro.

Oneshotted Ignition who was breaking his bones.

Etc....

Old Post May 20th, 2016 06:21 PM
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

Old Post May 20th, 2016 06:26 PM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by Galan007
Superman has shown time and time again, that NO force in comics rivals his punching-power. smile

thumb up

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post May 20th, 2016 06:28 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote