KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Sports Forum » College Football

College Football
Started by: The_Mayor

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (18): « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Lord Evolution
Legendary

Go Bama and TCU!

Old Post Sep 27th, 2008 08:42 PM
Lord Evolution is currently offline Click here to Send Lord Evolution a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Evolution Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Biff Tannen

Nice to see the Maize and Blue beating a top 10 team. beer

Old Post Sep 28th, 2008 07:56 AM
Biff Tannen is currently offline Click here to Send Biff Tannen a Private Message Find more posts by Biff Tannen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
guy222
With my gal

A day of upsets again in College Football

thank u bz

Old Post Sep 28th, 2008 09:24 AM
guy222 is currently offline Click here to Send guy222 a Private Message Find more posts by guy222 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
botankus
Bass-ackwards

They should go ahead and stop the season right now. Alabama vs. Oklahoma are the only teams worthy.

....or texas. or missouri. or duke. or yomamma Univ., or south florida, or johnston county community college, or whoever else ends up #1 or #2 by season's end after Bama and OU go through the rest of their conference.

Old Post Sep 29th, 2008 02:25 PM
botankus is currently offline Click here to Send botankus a Private Message Find more posts by botankus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sappho
Self-Made

fvckin usc, how the hell they lose to an unranked team???? i dont get it. one day they slaughter 5th ranked team, then they lose against unranked team. man, they were sloppy. also, does anyone know how far they dropped in rank?

Old Post Sep 29th, 2008 03:14 PM
Sappho is currently offline Click here to Send Sappho a Private Message Find more posts by Sappho Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
botankus
Bass-ackwards

Man, watching Pitt dispose of USF, I haven't been that pumped over a team winning a game since...OSU disposed of USC the week before.

But despite the fact that I went to GT, my first choice was PITT (too expensive), so I still cheer for them. But more importantly, I really feel for Wannstadt. He had a losing record as a coach and like a lot of native residents that coach the hometown university, really has his heart and soul into the program. I'd like nothing more than to see them right the ship before he's gone and some wannabe coach takes his place. Good for them.

And BTW, McCoy is the "real" deal. (pun intended). That extra effort he made to get that first down in the 3rd quarter (I think) was phenomenal and reminded me of OSU's Rodgers the week before.

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2008 02:01 PM
botankus is currently offline Click here to Send botankus a Private Message Find more posts by botankus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Another week of college football tomorrow.

WOOT WOOT

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2008 07:29 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Great games so far today

Old Post Oct 11th, 2008 09:22 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
forumcrew

So I give college football credit for having a great OT rule. But they might have one of the dumbest rules ever overall. In the Florida, LSU game LSU was receiving a kick off and the guy catching it wasnt paying attention and put one foot out of bounds while he caught it (even though the entire ball was in bounds) and they ruled it (on th field and after review) as a kick out of bounds and LSU gets it on the 40??? Are you serious? So now on any kick off (according to this rule) all a team has to do is jump on a grab any ball near the side line and land out of bounds and it becomes a penalty on the kicking team.

Old Post Oct 12th, 2008 01:39 AM
forumcrew is currently offline Click here to Send forumcrew a Private Message Find more posts by forumcrew Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Evolution
Legendary

The NFL has that rule as well. ^^ I remember Hester doing it last season.

USC back in the top 4?

Man I'm loving all these upsets. #1 #3 and #4 all go down.

Here is my top 5

1. Alabama
2. Texas
3. Penn State
4. USC
5. Texas Tech

I drop Oklahoma out of the top 5 because they haven't beaten anybody, so they aren't a proven team. Same goes for Texas Tech, but they don't have a lost on their record.

Old Post Oct 12th, 2008 03:37 AM
Lord Evolution is currently offline Click here to Send Lord Evolution a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Evolution Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

great games once again

Old Post Oct 19th, 2008 03:10 AM
Röland
Masked Vigilante

When I saw the score of the USC @ Wash State score I had to laugh.

69 - 0.

ARE YOU SERIOUS?

Rorschach's Journal: October 12th, 1985. Tonight, a comedian died in New York.

Old Post Oct 19th, 2008 03:49 AM
Röland is currently offline Click here to Send Röland a Private Message Find more posts by Röland Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Röland
When I saw the score of the USC @ Wash State score I had to laugh.

69 - 0.

ARE YOU SERIOUS?

Right before that game started I told my brothers thats the type of game that USC should get fat off of and I was right

Old Post Oct 19th, 2008 07:46 PM
Lord Evolution
Legendary

Old Post Oct 20th, 2008 09:46 AM
forumcrew

Originally posted by Lord Evolution
The NFL has that rule as well. ^^ I remember Hester doing it last season.

USC back in the top 4?

Man I'm loving all these upsets. #1 #3 and #4 all go down.

Here is my top 5

1. Alabama
2. Texas
3. Penn State
4. USC
5. Texas Tech

I drop Oklahoma out of the top 5 because they haven't beaten anybody, so they aren't a proven team. Same goes for Texas Tech, but they don't have a lost on their record.

Texas made a huge statement beating Missouri so easy.

Old Post Oct 20th, 2008 07:29 PM
forumcrew is currently offline Click here to Send forumcrew a Private Message Find more posts by forumcrew Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
celestialdemon
Down from the Upside

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VqfOCB21qwA

laughing laughing

Only in the SEC!

laughing laughing That was awesome! The ref zoned in on the QB, sidestepped to clog up the running lane, lowered his shoulder, and laid into him. Must have had money on LSU.

Old Post Oct 20th, 2008 09:43 PM
celestialdemon is currently offline Click here to Send celestialdemon a Private Message Find more posts by celestialdemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
botankus
Bass-ackwards

In the Pat White era, I probably average viewing about 3 WVU games per year, and nearly every time, I look at this team and think, "I don't think anyone in the country can beat this team." They are routinely the best open-field running team in the country, without a doubt. You give this team space, and they will make you pay.

Their problem is not finishing drives early. Take the ECU and PITT games from the last 2 years, as well as the 1st half of this game. The run spread is, without question, an extremely powerful offensive attack in college football...but the drawback is that it is imperitive that you score early.

So all that being said, the Mountaineers erased a 14-point deficit last night. The defense clamped down, and they RAN (not passed) to a comeback win. Nice to see that for a change.

Last edited by botankus on Oct 24th, 2008 at 11:36 AM

Old Post Oct 24th, 2008 11:29 AM
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Look forward to watching the Texas/Okla State game and a few others

Old Post Oct 24th, 2008 09:38 PM
Lord Evolution
Legendary

Go Ohio State!

If they beat Penn State and Oklahoma State beats Texas, USC can and should find themselves ranked #3 in the BCS.

Old Post Oct 24th, 2008 09:45 PM
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Go Ohio State!

If they beat Penn State and Oklahoma State beats Texas, USC can and should find themselves ranked #3 in the BCS.

Penn State/Ohio State should be a good one

Old Post Oct 25th, 2008 12:08 AM