KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » EVANGEL94's Final Slugfest Tournament: Round 3-1; Papa Smurph vs Digimark007

EVANGEL94's Final Slugfest Tournament: Round 3-1; Papa Smurph vs Digimark007
Started by: Evangel94

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Bentley
Seitei

I'm going to let Digi defend himself since this rule changing and discussion has been a little too eventful not to take into consideration, also the in-character thing is specially important regarding Thor.

As of now, I withdraw my vote.

My respect threads:Kang the Conqueror, Ultron, Devil Dinosaur, Michael Korvac
Captain America for High Street

Old Post Mar 23rd, 2008 09:01 PM
Bentley is currently offline Click here to Send Bentley a Private Message Find more posts by Bentley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Baloo
Restricted

Account Restricted

Hes dropped out seeing as his whole plan has been ruined by shitty decisions from Ev.

Old Post Mar 23rd, 2008 09:15 PM
Baloo is currently offline Click here to Send Baloo a Private Message Find more posts by Baloo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-K-M-

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Baloo
Hes dropped out seeing as his whole plan has been ruined by shitty decisions from Ev.

Who Digi or Papa Smurph?

Old Post Mar 23rd, 2008 09:18 PM
-K-M- is currently offline Click here to Send -K-M- a Private Message Find more posts by -K-M- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bentley
Seitei

I know.

Digi, you rock.

My respect threads:Kang the Conqueror, Ultron, Devil Dinosaur, Michael Korvac
Captain America for High Street

Old Post Mar 23rd, 2008 09:20 PM
Bentley is currently offline Click here to Send Bentley a Private Message Find more posts by Bentley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Baloo
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by King_Mungi
Who Digi or Papa Smurph?

Digi dropped out because he said what Doc will be doing or something and it was deemed OK but now theres complaints hes not allowed so his whole plan is ruined and his characters have been limited so he decided no point in taking part.

Or something like that.

Old Post Mar 23rd, 2008 09:23 PM
Baloo is currently offline Click here to Send Baloo a Private Message Find more posts by Baloo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

For the record, I am done with the tourney, and have no designs on coming back. I could probably do some damage with Thor, a severely neutered Doctor, and whatever chip I have on my shoulder from the decision, but there's too many people left in the tourney that even I'd vote for against me at this point, whose debating skills are equal to mine, and whose teams are at least equal to what I'd currently be working with and probably much more powerful.

But I'd like to inform everyone of the situation, so that it never happens again in tournaments. The following is from PMs during drafts:

Originally posted by DigiMark007
Basically, I'm planning on pairing The Doctor with a tech-brain person and building all sorts of advanced tech with the D's powers and the other person's knowledge. I don't think this would require an insta-tech purchase, since I'm using matter manip. to accomplish it, but I'm not sure.

quote:

Evangel94 wrote on Feb 22nd, 2008 05:39 PM:
The Doctor doesn't have the ability to build advanced tech at super speed like Stonecutter or Engineer from scratch so its ok.

I am guessing your using matter manipulation for tech building, so its ok. You don't need Instant Ramen Technology. Just buy adequate prep time and resources if you plan on building stuff.

-Evangel94

The following is from my recent match:

Originally posted by Evangel94
If you plan on using matter manipulation then to create tech, then you better have the knowledge and the preparation time to do so in a realistic manner given the time you bought.

According to Digimark007 himself The Doctor is...

He can't create tech instantly, but he could attempt to create tech. How much he could create in 15 minutes is definitely limited so it would be up to Digimark to focus on what he wants to create in that limited time frame and limited field resources. He can attempt to spy on Papa Smurph to see what he is doing if he so chooses. Plausibility of successful spying is dependant on write-up.

...so it was legal even during my match. It was only late in the match that it was declared illegal:

Originally posted by Evangel94
If matter manipulation becomes anymore of a problem in this tournament, I'll definitely put a limit on it.

Why is it a problem? Because there's discussion on the characters that use it? That's to be expected in a tournament for any character. Smurph is an exception though, who has a hard time debating against someone without trying to trash their entire plan, even the parts that make perfect sense.

In any case, nothing I've ever done is against your rules, so I really hope we don't resort to making more limits...because it could ruin my (or others') plans entirely, and it wouldn't be consistent with the rules we drafted under.

No discussion took place on the matter after that point, and my points and questions were not addressed. It was deemed a problem (from, I can only speculate, Smurph's complaints and little else) and then banned.

I have stressed to others, and maintain now, that a person and a person's opinion are separate, and we need not bash a person if we disagree with them, however strong the disagreement is. I do, strongly, disagree with the decision to ban inorganic matter manipulation for tech creation, since it was established multiple times that it was legal. However, I'd ask everyone to refrain from making it a personal issue beyond the disagreement of opinions.

But I do want to use this as a platform to say that this is something that I don't think should EVER happen in tournaments. The time and money I spent amassing comics for this tournament have been instantly invalidated on a whim, and the fun I was having competing against others has been negated because I can no longer compete. And I'd like to think that the tourney itself has been lessened somewhat. If goober had still been in the tournament, he'd be in the same situation.

In the future, I'll be attempting to prepare a brief guide for tournament directors so that they are prepared for the many challenges that await them (because it's never as easy to host well as people think, so I empathize with nearly any tourney director) and possible pitfalls that have trapped past tourney directors, from time issues (either too slow or too fast), individual decisions, maintaining set power levels, etc. etc. because starting with ill's (or even dating back to Trick's failed attempt at a mutiny) there hasn't been a lot to be proud of in tournaments....the reasons differ, and many tried hard to make it work, but if the outcome is general apathy and/or negativity, something needs to be corrected.

Last edited by Digi on Mar 24th, 2008 at 03:31 AM

Old Post Mar 24th, 2008 03:27 AM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Creshosk

Originally posted by Papa Smurph
Zoink$

http://i245.photobucket.com/albums/...on06/Zoinks.jpg

but I guess the obvious bias in Charolotte's post already makes it a null opinion
You don't have the authority to null votes. You don't like the fact that WWH was full of bad writing, that's your perogative. But don't assume that you can say that someone's opinion is null like that. Only Eva has that authority (Sorry about attempting to tease you a little bit Eva. I had to drop the joke when Trick was taking it seriously.)

Hell, I'd like to change the reason for my vote to Digi because as this is also a debate tournament I as a judge am not impressed by all the violations of logic that Joey Stacks (Forget it there is only one Smurph on here and it aint you.) attempts to employ like this clear case of ad hominem.

Digi's arguments are both more feasable, they actually adhere to ALL the rules that ACTUALLY exist. and he presensts his case a a lot better.

Old Post Mar 24th, 2008 03:31 AM
Creshosk is currently offline Click here to Send Creshosk a Private Message Find more posts by Creshosk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

Thanks Cresh. Nice to see his immaturity at least partially rewarded.

Old Post Mar 24th, 2008 03:36 AM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Papa Smurph
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Creshosk
You don't like the fact that WWH was full of bad writing, that's your perogative.

There's an admission of bias which says his opinion really shouldn't count either. I drafted World War Hulk and pointed out that someone voted for me because they didn't like that WWH shrugged off an attack from their favorite character (even out and out accusing me of lying).

And now Creshosk has pointed out that he too feels WWH was 'full of bad writing'.

So in your eyes, does this make WWH street level?

Old Post Mar 24th, 2008 04:31 AM
Papa Smurph is currently offline Click here to Send Papa Smurph a Private Message Find more posts by Papa Smurph Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Ghosty
Restricted

Account Restricted

He never once said that, are you stupid?

Old Post Mar 24th, 2008 04:43 AM
The Ghosty is currently offline Click here to Send The Ghosty a Private Message Find more posts by The Ghosty Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Papa Smurph
Restricted

Account Restricted

No, he said I didn't have the right to call out a voters integrity for randomly calling me a liar

and then mentioned that my characters showing is 'bad writing' and went on a rant about how Digi's employing of out of character tactics and instant tech was more feasible.

Clearly Creshosk is a unbiased source with a credible opinion.

No, not really.

Old Post Mar 24th, 2008 04:51 AM
Papa Smurph is currently offline Click here to Send Papa Smurph a Private Message Find more posts by Papa Smurph Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Creshosk

There's an admission of bias
An admission of bias is me not liking how WWH played out? What are you drawing most of your arguments from that PIS-fest? No wonder you're not getting any ... votes.

which says his opinion really shouldn't count either.
Oh, new strategy.. get everyone who votes against you's votes nullified. Why not? YOu failed to get your opponents strategies declared illegal despite whining like a little *****. Makes sense that you'd do anything to win.

I drafted World War Hulk and pointed out that someone voted for me because they didn't like that WWH shrugged off an attack from their favorite character (even out and out accusing me of lying).
And you submitted a doctored picture. What's your point?

And now Creshosk has pointed out that he too feels WWH was 'full of bad writing'.
And it was. God was Hulk a ****ing dumbass in WWH.

So in your eyes, does this make WWH street level?
Yes. That is EXACTLY what I'm saying. I'm saying that there was bad writing in WWH so that makes him street level... That is without a doubt 100% what I'm saying... good job finding that out!

OR did you miss the sarcasm due to your own over inflated sense of self worth getting oin your way?

I didn't like the charicterization, therefore Hulk is not as powerful as I think he should be?

How in hell did you arrive at that conclusion?

Old Post Mar 24th, 2008 04:58 AM
Creshosk is currently offline Click here to Send Creshosk a Private Message Find more posts by Creshosk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

This isn't as a debate, but I'm just curious: after having posted all the different times where she said my prep was ok (which I'm hoping you read), do you still think it was always illegal? Or do you realize (correctly) that it was changed? Because if it's the former, you're just not reading what was written, and saying whatever you think best supports your cause. It's not even an opinion, it would just be objectively, provably, test-ably, wrong. If it's the latter, at least you understand the situation correctly, though you still insist on attacking me about it.

My plan is illegal. Now. But it wasn't when our match started, and had been declared ok in past instances when I asked about it. I just hope, for your own sake, you're able to comprehend that and that you don't simply form your interpretation to your will. Because it's just destructive self-delusion otherwise.

Old Post Mar 24th, 2008 05:00 AM
Starscream M

My plan is illegal. Now.

No, actually it isn't. Evangel never said you plan is illegal.

Defacto Leader of the KMC VS Resistance Movement

Old Post Mar 24th, 2008 05:01 AM
Starscream M is currently offline Click here to Send Starscream M a Private Message Find more posts by Starscream M Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Creshosk

No, he said I didn't have the right to call out a voters integrity for randomly calling me a liar
Which you didn't do. You said their opinion is null. Which you do not have the authority to decide.

Unless you'd like to cite me the non existant rule where contestants can null votes? Cause I'm pretty sure only the director can do that.

and then mentioned that my characters showing is 'bad writing' and went on a rant about how Digi's employing of out of character tactics and instant tech was more feasible.
Really now? Quote where I "went on a rant about "Digi's employing of out of character tactics and instant tech was more feasible."

Or is this more of your "making up shit that never happened" tactic?

Clearly Creshosk is a unbiased source with a credible opinion.

No, not really.
Hey "Kmc can be dumb sometimes" can't we?

So from now on with these attacks I can say that none of your votes count cause you're biased?

Papa Smurph
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Creshosk
An admission of bias is me not liking how WWH played out? What are you drawing most of your arguments from that PIS-fest? No wonder you're not getting any ... votes.

And that's why your opinion is not to be taken seriously smile

Creshosk

And that's why your opinion is not to be taken seriously smile
Which isn't in the rules. Remember? Only the tourny director can declare that.

Cute new tactic. Get the people who vote against me's votes banned. Personlly I wouldn't mind seeing you banned from tournys in the future.

Hell I'd love to see a troll like you banned from the forums.

But its not my call. So "tough shit" eh Stacks? wink

Old Post Mar 24th, 2008 05:04 AM
Badabing
Karen

Okay, let me end the debate here.

Digimark007 has the most votes and wins the debate overwhelmingly.

Joey Stacks advances because Digi dropped out do to questionable changes to the rules in the middle of the round.

Digi ftw.

You've just been Trump'd!

Official pimp of Steverules

Sig by Steve Rules

Old Post Mar 24th, 2008 05:07 AM
Badabing is currently offline Click here to Send Badabing a Private Message Find more posts by Badabing Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Badabing
Karen

Okay, Joey Stacks has some time off due to his behavior. I'm reopening this in case there's anything more which needs to be addressed.

You've just been Trump'd!

Official pimp of Steverules

Sig by Steve Rules

Old Post Mar 24th, 2008 04:25 PM
Badabing is currently offline Click here to Send Badabing a Private Message Find more posts by Badabing Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-K-M-

9 day ban eh?

Old Post Mar 24th, 2008 06:40 PM
-K-M- is currently offline Click here to Send -K-M- a Private Message Find more posts by -K-M- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote