KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Sports Forum » Wheres the god damn hockey?

Wheres the god damn hockey?
Started by: ragesRemorse

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (58): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Well, chemistry does help alot but I dont think thats the reason why there number 2. They do have a good team, a combination of skilled talent and hardworkers.

I look at the Sens who before were all skilled players, but not heart players but now, in a ironic sense, they have a couple skilled players and a ton of heart players (or bangers). I might call it the Maple Leaf Syndrome because the Sens got beat in the playoffs numerous times by the less skilled team, the Leafs.

That's why I never understood the decision to get Martin Lapointe for the Sens. They didnt need him. They have a ton of guys for that position. They needed someone like Hossa, or a skilled player that could play alongside Fisher, or the first line.

Old Post Apr 14th, 2008 06:18 PM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Admiral Akbar

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Smasandian
Well, chemistry does help alot but I dont think thats the reason why there number 2. They do have a good team, a combination of skilled talent and hardworkers.

I look at the Sens who before were all skilled players, but not heart players but now, in a ironic sense, they have a couple skilled players and a ton of heart players (or bangers). I might call it the Maple Leaf Syndrome because the Sens got beat in the playoffs numerous times by the less skilled team, the Leafs.

That's why I never understood the decision to get Martin Lapointe for the Sens. They didnt need him. They have a ton of guys for that position. They needed someone like Hossa, or a skilled player that could play alongside Fisher, or the first line.

I agree. I like that Martin Lapointe is with the Sens now. I'm also a Blackhawks fan and I know his talents, but the team is better off with someone who can score or assist. While he's not the best player he's better Stillman and Commodore, in my opinion. He works much harder than those two and I think the Sens would have been better off with Corvo.

When the darkness comes, keep an eye on the light no matter how far away it seems.

Old Post Apr 15th, 2008 06:08 PM
Admiral Akbar is currently offline Click here to Send Admiral Akbar a Private Message Find more posts by Admiral Akbar Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Well, I just dont think he was needed at all.

Ottawa has a bad history of trade deadline deals. They never work outside of Comrie of last year.

Old Post Apr 15th, 2008 06:21 PM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

Incase you do not know how to use the internet here is the update

The Pittsburgh Penguins once again embarrassed the Ottawa Senators. For the first two periods it was a very close grudge match. Neither team had an identifiable edge over the other, but the Sens were certainly pouring it on the Pens. 18 seconds into period 3, Crosby scored to take away the momentum from then sens. 78 seconds later, Staal put it in. At this point the Sens were completely out of the game. They looked almost like heartbroken children skating around. The game ultimately ended with the score---pens, 4-1
(series 3-0 PENS)

i didnt see any of the minnesota/Colorado game, but i heard it too, was a very close game that ended with the Wild winning 3-2. My friend Tim reassures me that Colorado was playing stronger than the Wild, just lost to one to many errors
(series 2-1 WINGS)

I did get to see some of the Wings game. Although the score was 5-3 in the favor of the predators. This was probably the closest match played. The Wings failed to take advantage of several great opportunities, where the Wild capitalized on nearly every one of theirs. The game seemed to be well matched in man for man, but Hasek had a very poor night. I believe the shots in goal were 23 for the wings and 24 for the wild.

(2-1 WILD)

Old Post Apr 15th, 2008 06:34 PM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Shadow_King
-

Originally posted by ragesRemorse

The Pittsburgh Penguins once again embarrassed the Ottawa Senators. For the first two periods it was a very close grudge match. Neither team had an identifiable edge over the other, but the Sens were certainly pouring it on the Pens. 18 seconds into period 3, Crosby scored to take away the momentum from then sens. 78 seconds later, Staal put it in. At this point the Sens were completely out of the game. They looked almost like heartbroken children skating around. The game ultimately ended with the score---pens, 4-1
(series 3-0 PENS)

i didnt see any of the minnesota/Colorado game, but i heard it too, was a very close game that ended with the Wild winning 3-2. My friend Tim reassures me that Colorado was playing stronger than the Wild, just lost to one to many errors
(series 2-1 WINGS)

I did get to see some of the Wings game. Although the score was 5-3 in the favor of the predators. This was probably the closest match played. The Wings failed to take advantage of several great opportunities, where the Wild capitalized on nearly every one of theirs. The game seemed to be well matched in man for man, but Hasek had a very poor night. I believe the shots in goal were 23 for the wings and 24 for the wild.

(2-1 WILD)

this is where it all turns around in the red wings series, and preds pull an upset, and about the avs game, they did play stronger its just they fell apart during the third period as usual.

Old Post Apr 15th, 2008 10:01 PM
Shadow_King is currently offline Click here to Send Shadow_King a Private Message Find more posts by Shadow_King Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Originally posted by ragesRemorse

(series 3-0 PENS)

(series 2-1 WINGS)

(2-1 WILD)

Fluery is really coming onto his own and owing up to his number 1 pick.

Old Post Apr 16th, 2008 03:32 AM
DanZeke25
You can't beat me.

2-1 Flyers.

Old Post Apr 16th, 2008 06:35 PM
DanZeke25 is currently offline Click here to Send DanZeke25 a Private Message Find more posts by DanZeke25 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Admiral Akbar

Yep, I knew the Flyers would win against the Caps. It's still early though, anything can happen.

Sens get eliminated! No suprise there. No need to say anything about that series. Pretty self-explanatory.

Preds make a comeback. If the home games go to the home teams then this can become an exciting series.

Wild and Avs have pretty much gone to overtime 3/4 times. The Avs need more out of thier top stars Hejduk, Forsberg, and Sakic. Likewise, the Wild need more out of their captain. The Avs trio can become very dangerous if they can get that chemistry flowing. Right now they look like the Sens trio.

Montreal and Boston series is a good one too; it's always close. I chose Montreal to win the cup, but I might need to change my mind about that, unless the Bruins have become a better team in the past couple of days.

When the darkness comes, keep an eye on the light no matter how far away it seems.

Old Post Apr 17th, 2008 12:43 PM
Admiral Akbar is currently offline Click here to Send Admiral Akbar a Private Message Find more posts by Admiral Akbar Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

I like how the media is blaming Ray Emery for the crappy season they had.

Old Post Apr 17th, 2008 05:50 PM
Admiral Akbar

haha!

The team had a crappy season because the team played like crap. It's as simple as that.

Old Post Apr 17th, 2008 08:49 PM
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

I know, but everything needs a scapegoat.

I can think that Emery created some tension after he came back but is really the reason for their shitty second half. ****, they were under .500 after they went 15.2.

I cant believe Murray is still going to be GM. He failed at finding a coach, and then bunged up firing Paddock, then failed to provide any sort of help for the team.

Old Post Apr 17th, 2008 08:57 PM
Admiral Akbar

The coach can only do so much the rest is up to the team.

Old Post Apr 18th, 2008 01:12 AM
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

I meant Murray as the GM. He was responsible for all the moves that were made last offseason and during the playoffs.

Old Post Apr 18th, 2008 02:13 AM
Admiral Akbar

The only mistake he made was signing Paddock as coach. Other than that you can't really point any fingers at the guy. Look how the Sens started the season. They were number 1 in the NHL, their third and fourth lines were scoring for them and the Sens trio were playing like they were supposed to.

Old Post Apr 18th, 2008 12:49 PM
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

So they started 15-2 under Paddock but went below 500 after that until they almost didnt make the playoffs, and got swept in thier own city.

Just because they started well doesnt mean the team is fine for next year.

You can point fingers because this team did start like that, and is pretty much the exact same team for the past couple of years outside of Comrie (who only came in the last quarter of last season).

I wouldnt say fire Murray but he's been worst than Muckler.

Old Post Apr 18th, 2008 05:09 PM
DanZeke25
You can't beat me.

3-1 Flyers.

Old Post Apr 18th, 2008 06:33 PM
DanZeke25 is currently offline Click here to Send DanZeke25 a Private Message Find more posts by DanZeke25 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

I'm glad the Pens won.

I kinda want to see them in action because I think Crosby and Malkin are just as entertaining to watch than Lumieux and Jagr.

Old Post Apr 18th, 2008 10:18 PM
Shadow_King
-

caps are two games closer now to be facing the pens, crosby vs ovechkin, cant wait.

Old Post Apr 19th, 2008 09:16 PM
Shadow_King is currently offline Click here to Send Shadow_King a Private Message Find more posts by Shadow_King Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DanZeke25
You can't beat me.

Originally posted by Shadow_King
caps are two games closer now to be facing the pens, crosby vs ovechkin, cant wait.

Well you're going to have to, because it's not happening this year.

Old Post Apr 19th, 2008 10:42 PM
Admiral Akbar

Originally posted by DanZeke25
Well you're going to have to, because it's not happening this year.

I wouldn't be too sure. Caps just won their last game.

Old Post Apr 20th, 2008 11:54 PM