KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » The Avengers (2011)

The Avengers (2011)
Started by: Markus Corvinus

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (43): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Alpha Centauri
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Indestructible
I wish there would be more characters than just Hulk, Thor, Iron Man, and Captain Ameria. I wish we could see Ant-Man, Wasp, Black Panther, and Sub-Mariner.

This is why movie makers need to pay absolutely no attention to the fans.

They have generally no clue what it takes to make a movie. "It'd be cool to see all these.", yes, but it'd never work.

They need to stick to Thor, Capt and Iron Man, with maybe Janet/Hank introduced during the movie.

Especially if they're gonna have Hulk, Fury and allegedly Black Widow too.

-AC

Signature by Starlock.

I review comics and such here: http://welcometothemast.blogspot.com

Old Post Jul 5th, 2009 08:26 PM
Alpha Centauri is currently offline Click here to Send Alpha Centauri a Private Message Find more posts by Alpha Centauri Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Indestructible
The Power House

Aw how could I forget about Hawkeye?!?!?!?! he is like the mouth of the avengers lol

Fav Villians: The Joker, Red Skull, The Riddler, Two-Face, Bane, Ozymandias, Magneto, Doc Ock, Venom, Carnage, Pyro, Blob, Avalache, Toad, Sabertooth, Green Goblin

Old Post Jul 5th, 2009 10:45 PM
Indestructible is currently offline Click here to Send Indestructible a Private Message Find more posts by Indestructible Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

But he was'nt there in the beginning.

Old Post Jul 6th, 2009 06:47 AM
Kazenji is online now! Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Indestructible
The Power House

yea but he is a big part of the avengers later on. to be technical cap wasnt there in the begging either

Fav Villians: The Joker, Red Skull, The Riddler, Two-Face, Bane, Ozymandias, Magneto, Doc Ock, Venom, Carnage, Pyro, Blob, Avalache, Toad, Sabertooth, Green Goblin

Old Post Jul 6th, 2009 08:40 PM
Indestructible is currently offline Click here to Send Indestructible a Private Message Find more posts by Indestructible Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
roughrider
Thunderer

yea but he is a big part of the avengers later on. to be technical cap wasnt there in the begging either

Yeah, but Cap is Mr. Avenger - the flagbearer for the group.
Ultimates made it so the team formed with him as the leader; they're going to be doing it that way.

"I'm not smart so much as I am not dumb." - Harlan Ellison

Old Post Jul 7th, 2009 12:00 AM
roughrider is currently offline Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
hugekent

Originally posted by Alpha Centauri
This is why movie makers need to pay absolutely no attention to the fans.

They have generally no clue what it takes to make a movie. "It'd be cool to see all these.", yes, but it'd never work.

They need to stick to Thor, Capt and Iron Man, with maybe Janet/Hank introduced during the movie.

Especially if they're gonna have Hulk, Fury and allegedly Black Widow too.

-AC

Yeh I'm all for that. With those three having their own movies it makes complete sense to have them as the initial Avengers team. Janet and Hank could be then be introduced at any point throughout the movie and by the end we would have 5 Avengers ready for the sequel.

Old Post Jul 7th, 2009 11:54 AM
hugekent is currently offline Click here to Send hugekent a Private Message Find more posts by hugekent Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Martin

Iron Man , Captain America, Hulk, Widow, and Fury is enough for me. Forget the rest.

Old Post Jul 7th, 2009 02:56 PM
Darth Martin is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Martin a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Martin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Indestructible
The Power House

Miffed

Originally posted by Darth Martin
Iron Man , Captain America, Hulk, Widow, and Fury is enough for me. Forget the rest.

NO THOR! Shame on you

Old Post Jul 8th, 2009 01:26 AM
Alpha Centauri
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by hugekent
Yeh I'm all for that. With those three having their own movies it makes complete sense to have them as the initial Avengers team. Janet and Hank could be then be introduced at any point throughout the movie and by the end we would have 5 Avengers ready for the sequel.

Ideally there'd be no sequel, and The Avengers would be the big pay off to this work Marvel has done. The work of having a movie-based connecting universe like the comics, but smaller.

If you keep over-doing it, it'll fail and be less of an achievement. Pull it off and you'll have not only made a great series of movies in a genre that's frowned upon, but you'll have a solid body of work.

-AC

Signature by Starlock.

Old Post Jul 8th, 2009 01:56 AM
Alpha Centauri is currently offline Click here to Send Alpha Centauri a Private Message Find more posts by Alpha Centauri Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Old Post Jul 9th, 2009 08:44 AM
Kazenji is online now! Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Martin

NO THOR! Shame on you
Not sure Thor would work onscreen.

Old Post Jul 9th, 2009 05:25 PM
Darth Martin is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Martin a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Martin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Alpha Centauri
Restricted

Account Restricted

Of course he would.

-AC

Signature by Starlock.

Old Post Jul 9th, 2009 06:37 PM
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Originally posted by Kazenji
Zak Penn Talks The Avengers

http://www.superherohype.com/news/x-mennews.php?id=8491

good article..

Originally posted by Darth Martin
Not sure Thor would work onscreen.

same here, I have to view the finished product, but I agree

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Jul 9th, 2009 06:47 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
hugekent

Originally posted by Alpha Centauri
Ideally there'd be no sequel, and The Avengers would be the big pay off to this work Marvel has done. The work of having a movie-based connecting universe like the comics, but smaller.

If you keep over-doing it, it'll fail and be less of an achievement. Pull it off and you'll have not only made a great series of movies in a genre that's frowned upon, but you'll have a solid body of work.

-AC

Assuming that Captain America and Thor go anywhere near as well as Iron Man, The Avengers will be a massive success. The demand for a sequel will be too great, plus they have so much to work with they probably wouldn't want to end it there. However, if they weren't to make a sequel, it makes it much harder to bring in Janet and Hank.

Old Post Jul 10th, 2009 04:06 AM
hugekent is currently offline Click here to Send hugekent a Private Message Find more posts by hugekent Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Alpha Centauri
Restricted

Account Restricted

That'll hardly be a loss.

They can bring them in for the first movie. Recruit them, introduce them, done.

They don't NEED that kind of time, for the money it'd cost.

-AC

Signature by Starlock.

Old Post Jul 11th, 2009 12:29 AM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Imo, any avengers movie has to have:

Cap, Tony, Hank Pym, Thor, then maybe Hawkeye and Janet. Everyone else can have a movie of their own or else just not be in it.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Jul 11th, 2009 12:35 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

And also have the screen time as long as Lord Of The Rings just to give all the characters enought time on screen.

Old Post Jul 11th, 2009 06:07 AM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by Kazenji
And also have the screen time as long as Lord Of The Rings just to give all the characters enought time on screen.

laughing out loud

imo, all that's needed is for each hero to have at least one major character scene to themselves. if you have hank and janet, that's two for the price of one. that can easily be done in 2, 2.5 hours.

fill the rest of the movie up with action and explosions and so on, and you've got yourself a movie...

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Jul 11th, 2009 06:24 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Alpha Centauri
Restricted

Account Restricted

I honestly think they should have cast Maria Hill as the director of S.H.I.E.L.D., not Fury.

It's clearly not gonna be an origin story, so it doesn't NEED the history of Stark/Fury, S.H.I.E.L.D./Stark Enterprises.

I feel Samuel L. Jackson is just gonna play Samuel L. Jackson, not Nick Fury. Sure, the Ultimate version LOOKS like him, but it's not written like him.

Casting Maria Hill would have been better. At least cast her too. Am I the only one who thought she was a terrific director? Aside from, you know, being a complete ***** during Civil War.

-AC

Signature by Starlock.

Old Post Jul 12th, 2009 05:06 AM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Is Jeremy Renner Gonna Be Hawkeye?

Old Post Nov 27th, 2009 04:52 AM