KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » The Avengers (2011)

The Avengers (2011)
Started by: Markus Corvinus

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (43): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Newjak
I am Beyond Power

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Alpha Centauri
I honestly think they should have cast Maria Hill as the director of S.H.I.E.L.D., not Fury.

It's clearly not gonna be an origin story, so it doesn't NEED the history of Stark/Fury, S.H.I.E.L.D./Stark Enterprises.

I feel Samuel L. Jackson is just gonna play Samuel L. Jackson, not Nick Fury. Sure, the Ultimate version LOOKS like him, but it's not written like him.

Casting Maria Hill would have been better. At least cast her too. Am I the only one who thought she was a terrific director? Aside from, you know, being a complete ***** during Civil War.

-AC
Yeah she did good, but why would you bring her in as the Director.

I know Nick Fury isn't the biggest mainstream guy ever but for all intents and purposes Marvel has him labeled as the head of shield for the mainstream. In the Marvel Ultimate Alliance game he is the director for Shield.

When compared to Maria Hill he is a much better candidate to gain any kind of public recognition.

Not to mention that while this may not be an origin story for S.H.E.I.L.D. who would you want to push as the general public's face of the organization. It's just gotta be Nick Fury.

sig by Rao Kal El

Old Post Nov 27th, 2009 02:41 PM
Newjak is currently offline Click here to Send Newjak a Private Message Find more posts by Newjak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Newjak
I am Beyond Power

Originally posted by Newjak
Yeah she did good, but why would you bring her in as the Director.

I know Nick Fury isn't the biggest mainstream guy ever but for all intents and purposes Marvel has him labeled as the head of shield for the mainstream. In the Marvel Ultimate Alliance game he is the director for Shield.

When compared to Maria Hill he is a much better candidate to gain any kind of public recognition.

Not to mention that while this may not be an origin story for S.H.E.I.L.D. who would you want to push as the general public's face of the organization. It's just gotta be Nick Fury.
Just kinda want to add on to this.

It would be like making the first X-Men movie and having Emma Frost leading the Xavier Institute.

sig by Rao Kal El

Old Post Nov 27th, 2009 07:23 PM
Newjak is currently offline Click here to Send Newjak a Private Message Find more posts by Newjak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Alpha Centauri
Restricted

Account Restricted

Who cares?

The fans know why Maria Hill would be there, and those who aren't fans wouldn't care less who is there.

-AC

Signature by Starlock.

I review comics and such here: http://welcometothemast.blogspot.com

Old Post Dec 1st, 2009 03:44 AM
Alpha Centauri is currently offline Click here to Send Alpha Centauri a Private Message Find more posts by Alpha Centauri Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kris Blaze
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Newjak
Just kinda want to add on to this.

It would be like making the first X-Men movie and having Emma Frost leading the Xavier Institute.

Yes.

It would make no sense to have Maria Hill as the chief of SHIELD, no matter how awesome she is or is not.

I give you the only thing an Orange Lantern gives....Demands

Old Post Dec 1st, 2009 03:46 AM
Kris Blaze is currently offline Click here to Send Kris Blaze a Private Message Find more posts by Kris Blaze Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bouboumaster

Samuel L. Jackson = Biggest Badass ever

Old Post Dec 1st, 2009 04:17 AM
Bouboumaster is currently offline Click here to Send Bouboumaster a Private Message Find more posts by Bouboumaster Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Alpha Centauri
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Kris Blaze
Yes.

It would make no sense to have Maria Hill as the chief of SHIELD, no matter how awesome she is or is not.

What would have been more awesome is if you'd ignored my clarifying reply in favour of repeating what HE said, despite me having dealt with that.

Oh wait, you did.

Everyone who reads comics knows who Maria Hill is and who Nick Fury is. In that sense it basically depends entirely on preference.

In terms of people who don't read comics, who is going to care whether it's Nick Fury or Maria Hill? You think that a bunch of teens or a couple on a night out are going to get into The Avengers and say: "Oh for...where the Hell is Nick Fury, former leader of the Howling Commandos? This will not stand!"?

More people know "Professor X, head of the X-Men.", as opposed to "SOMEONE, Director of S.H.I.E.L.D.". The X-Men had a far more prolific media outlet; cartoons and cameos aplenty.

What non-fan knows enough of S.H.I.E.L.D. to care who's in charge?

At the very least, she should be in the movie.

-AC

Signature by Starlock.

Last edited by Alpha Centauri on Dec 1st, 2009 at 04:38 AM

Old Post Dec 1st, 2009 04:35 AM
Alpha Centauri is currently offline Click here to Send Alpha Centauri a Private Message Find more posts by Alpha Centauri Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Doctor-Alvis
Post-Crisis Balki

To be honest, I've become so bad at keeping up with comics these days that I would be one of those people wondering where the hell Nick Fury is and wondering what's up with this Maria Hill person.

Old Post Dec 2nd, 2009 03:11 AM
Doctor-Alvis is currently offline Click here to Send Doctor-Alvis a Private Message Find more posts by Doctor-Alvis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Alpha Centauri
Restricted

Account Restricted

You know of him in the first place though.

-AC

Signature by Starlock.

Old Post Dec 2nd, 2009 04:28 AM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Originally posted by Doctor-Alvis
To be honest, I've become so bad at keeping up with comics these days that I would be one of those people wondering where the hell Nick Fury is and wondering what's up with this Maria Hill person.

Well with the comics Nick Fury is still around he's managing his special Team with the Secret Warriors comic.

Old Post Dec 2nd, 2009 05:16 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Doctor-Alvis
Post-Crisis Balki

Originally posted by Alpha Centauri
You know of him in the first place though.

-AC

I read enough to know of him, but not enough to know Maria Hill was even a character. Fitting to my in between status on this, I only sort of care. I'm expecting/really hoping it'll be light on the SHIELD stuff because I never really liked the concept.

Old Post Dec 2nd, 2009 05:28 AM
Doctor-Alvis is currently offline Click here to Send Doctor-Alvis a Private Message Find more posts by Doctor-Alvis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Breaking: Avengers Screenplay is Written

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2010 03:06 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Joss Whedon to Direct The Avengers

Old Post Apr 14th, 2010 06:04 AM
roughrider
Thunderer

Re: Joss Whedon to Direct The Avengers

Very cool. At least there will be no major casting disputes, as the cast will just be handed to him.

"I'm not smart so much as I am not dumb." - Harlan Ellison

Old Post Apr 14th, 2010 02:35 PM
roughrider is currently offline Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

So theres news now that Nahan Fillion to play Hank Pym

http://www.comicvine.com/news/natha...ant-man/141160/

Old Post May 18th, 2010 07:44 AM
super pr*xy

i was hoping marvel would come up with another fantastic 4 movie.. just to replace chris evean as the human torch, which he played for 2 movies, before they dress him up as cap..

Old Post May 18th, 2010 05:08 PM
super pr*xy is currently offline Click here to Send super pr*xy a Private Message Find more posts by super pr*xy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr. Rhythmic

Originally posted by Kazenji

Perfect casting!

Old Post May 18th, 2010 07:49 PM
Mr. Rhythmic is currently offline Click here to Send Mr. Rhythmic a Private Message Find more posts by Mr. Rhythmic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr. Rhythmic

Originally posted by super pr*xy
i was hoping marvel would come up with another fantastic 4 movie.. just to replace chris evean as the human torch, which he played for 2 movies, before they dress him up as cap..

Why is he Captain America? WHY?!

You want Captain America? Here he is.

(please log in to view the image)

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post May 18th, 2010 08:00 PM
Mr. Rhythmic is currently offline Click here to Send Mr. Rhythmic a Private Message Find more posts by Mr. Rhythmic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
marwash22
HELL YEAH.

I liked Chris as JStorm; i thought he was one of the few bright spots of both F4 movies.

Ooooooooh! I'm gonna have to jump on Mr. Rhythmic's bandwagon and second the motion to have Awesome play Cap instead of Chris... if only for the sake of continuity.

Old Post May 18th, 2010 08:07 PM
marwash22 is currently offline Click here to Send marwash22 a Private Message Find more posts by marwash22 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Martin

Originally posted by Bouboumaster
Samuel L. Jackson = Biggest Badass ever
Which means absolutely shit when he's attempting to play a character that isn't written correctly. The Fury character in Iron Man 2 is NOTHING like it should be.

Old Post May 22nd, 2010 07:31 PM
Darth Martin is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Martin a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Martin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Squirrel Fart

Originally posted by Kazenji

I didnt see that on SHH yet.

I love Nathan though, hes great!

Hes perfect for Jack Hawkmoor.

Old Post May 22nd, 2010 07:37 PM
Squirrel Fart is currently offline Click here to Send Squirrel Fart a Private Message Find more posts by Squirrel Fart Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote