KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » The Cosmic Quintessence VS Galactus

The Cosmic Quintessence VS Galactus
Started by: UKR

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (8): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Bentley
Seitei

quote: (post)
Originally posted by fangirl101
No he hasn't.

Thanks, that was pretty much the response to my question.

My respect threads:Kang the Conqueror, Ultron, Devil Dinosaur, Michael Korvac
Captain America for High Street

Old Post Nov 16th, 2008 09:59 PM
Bentley is currently offline Click here to Send Bentley a Private Message Find more posts by Bentley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
fangirl101
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Bentley
Thanks, that was pretty much the response to my question.
And the one's galactus has been have all been shit. Pretty much.

Old Post Nov 16th, 2008 09:59 PM
fangirl101 is currently offline Click here to Send fangirl101 a Private Message Find more posts by fangirl101 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Utrigita

It's good that Galactus can fed on energy in all it forms...

Old Post Nov 16th, 2008 10:01 PM
Utrigita is currently offline Click here to Send Utrigita a Private Message Find more posts by Utrigita Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bentley
Seitei

You already stated that you cannot prove PS can do what you claimed he can do. You can now proceed to move into another of the contenders to see if they have feats to fight Galactus.

Old Post Nov 16th, 2008 10:02 PM
Bentley is currently offline Click here to Send Bentley a Private Message Find more posts by Bentley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
fangirl101
Restricted

Account Restricted

You already stated that you cannot prove PS can do what you claimed he can do. You can now proceed to move into another of the contenders to see if they have feats to fight Galactus.
You cannot prove that galactus can defeat the PS. He certainly isn't as powerful as the Spectre.

Old Post Nov 16th, 2008 10:11 PM
fangirl101 is currently offline Click here to Send fangirl101 a Private Message Find more posts by fangirl101 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
fangirl101
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Utrigita
It's good that Galactus can fed on energy in all it forms...

Can he now? heavenly energy?

Old Post Nov 16th, 2008 10:12 PM
Bentley
Seitei

You cannot prove that galactus can defeat the PS. He certainly isn't as powerful as the Spectre.

We are certainly arguing different things. What has PS done under his own power that would make him be a threat to Galactus? Galactus has done a bunch of crazy stuff: Destroying a Watcher in a blink, defeated Diablery, Tenebrous and Aegis, rebuilding a planet, empowered several heralds, defeating Tyrant, etc. etc. all under his own power. He has feats, he has proved his power.

The burden of proof is for you to show PS operating in those levels under his own power.

Old Post Nov 16th, 2008 10:16 PM
Mindset

No he hasn't. But he still retains the ability to pull energy to amp himself nearly indefinitely while galactus does not. If you paid attention to Spectre DOV, there were only two beings whom the Spectre could not fight in a direct one on one. Mr. Mxy, and The PS.
It was never shown Spectre could not fight PS directly, he simply chose not to. It only seemed that he couldn't kill PS, which is why he turned him into a mouse.

Old Post Nov 16th, 2008 10:19 PM
Mindset is currently offline Click here to Send Mindset a Private Message Find more posts by Mindset Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Utrigita

Can he now? heavenly energy?

I don't know since their is no such term as heavenly energy in marvel as far as I'm aware of, but even if there where it would most likely like all other energy originate from Hyperspace, which Galactus has shown that he can drain in it's clearest form.

Old Post Nov 16th, 2008 10:20 PM
Utrigita is currently offline Click here to Send Utrigita a Private Message Find more posts by Utrigita Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
fangirl101
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Mindset
It was never shown Spectre could not fight PS directly, he simply chose not to. It only seemed that he couldn't kill PS, which is why he turned him into a mouse.

Which means he couldn't fight him directly.

Old Post Nov 16th, 2008 10:33 PM
fangirl101
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Utrigita
I don't know since their is no such term as heavenly energy in marvel as far as I'm aware of, but even if there where it would most likely like all other energy originate from Hyperspace, which Galactus has shown that he can drain in it's clearest form.

no. where do you get that divine energy eminiates from hyperspace?

Old Post Nov 16th, 2008 10:33 PM
fangirl101
Restricted

Account Restricted

We are certainly arguing different things. What has PS done under his own power that would make him be a threat to Galactus? Galactus has done a bunch of crazy stuff: Destroying a Watcher in a blink, defeated Diablery, Tenebrous and Aegis, rebuilding a planet, empowered several heralds, defeating Tyrant, etc. etc. all under his own power. He has feats, he has proved his power.

The burden of proof is for you to show PS operating in those levels under his own power.

I see nothing that you are saying that proves he is able to defeat the quintessence let alone PS. Anyway, according to PS powerset, he'd just summon up an army of angels and be done with the fight.

Old Post Nov 16th, 2008 10:35 PM
Mindset

Which means he couldn't fight him directly.
No, it doesn't...

Not doing something doesn't mean you don't have the ability to. There was nothing to suggest he could not have faced PS directly, useless you have something to show me that I missed.

Old Post Nov 16th, 2008 10:35 PM
Mindset is currently offline Click here to Send Mindset a Private Message Find more posts by Mindset Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
fangirl101
Restricted

Account Restricted

No, it doesn't...

Not doing something doesn't mean you don't have the ability to. There was nothing to suggest he could not have faced PS directly, useless you have something to show me that I missed.
You mean besides the fact that everyone else the spectre had the power to defeat one on one,he did? The spectre just all of a sudden changed his mo when he got to mxy and the PS. the two most powerful beings on his list. yeah. right. he couldn't outright fight them one on one. Hence the plot device wins.

Old Post Nov 16th, 2008 10:36 PM
Bentley
Seitei

I see nothing that you are saying that proves he is able to defeat the quintessence let alone PS. Anyway, according to PS powerset, he'd just summon up an army of angels and be done with the fight.

According to his powerset? According to GL's power set he can do anything. In the same way Spawn is said to be limited by "his imagination". You know where this is going.

(Is summoning angels using external help?)

You seem persuaded that PS is incredibly uber, the only thing you have to do is to show me other feats to prove it. Is that too much to ask?

Old Post Nov 16th, 2008 10:41 PM
Enyalus
MALE DOMINANCE!!!

You mean besides the fact that everyone else the spectre had the power to defeat one on one,he did? The spectre just all of a sudden changed his mo when he got to mxy and the PS. the two most powerful beings on his list. yeah. right. he couldn't outright fight them one on one. Hence the plot device wins.

He put Nabu down, too...though, didn't seem like Nabu went all out in that battle.

Old Post Nov 16th, 2008 10:41 PM
Enyalus is currently offline Click here to Send Enyalus a Private Message Find more posts by Enyalus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mindset

Spectre not being able to kill PS is more of a reason to avoid fighting him in a direct confrontation, there's nothing to suggest Spectre couldn't beat him.

Old Post Nov 16th, 2008 10:42 PM
fangirl101
Restricted

Account Restricted

According to his powerset? According to GL's power set he can do anything. In the same way Spawn is said to be limited by "his imagination". You know where this is going.

(Is summoning angels using external help?)

You seem persuaded that PS is incredibly uber, the only thing you have to do is to show me other feats to prove it. Is that too much to ask?
Considering how much Galactus is wanked, even in the face of the overwhelming evidence that he gets pwned so much, by somany much lower than the PS, I dont' see where I have to prove anything. As Long as galactus has Thing, Thanos, and Annihiulus on his record, he ain't pwning the quintessence, let alone the PS.

Old Post Nov 16th, 2008 10:43 PM
fangirl101
Restricted

Account Restricted

Spectre not being able to kill PS is more of a reason to avoid fighting him in a direct confrontation, there's nothing to suggest Spectre couldn't beat him.

Except that is how the Spectre beats people. Do you read him? He absolutely murders people. With the greatest of Ease. That is his batte style.

Old Post Nov 16th, 2008 10:44 PM
Utrigita

no. where do you get that divine energy eminiates from hyperspace?

As I said before Heavenly energy as you mentioned doesn't, from what I know, exist in Marvel.

BUT if it did it would be just like all other energy in the Marvel Universe which in some way all originate from Hyperspace

Old Post Nov 16th, 2008 10:44 PM