KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Games 'Versus' Forum » Games 'Respect' Forum » Dark Khan (Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe)

Dark Khan (Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe)
Started by: Nemesis X

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (9): « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
I-Drop
Privateer

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
*contributes to this wonderful respect thread*

(please log in to view the image)

Last edited by I-Drop on Jan 16th, 2009 at 04:07 AM

Old Post Jan 16th, 2009 04:05 AM
I-Drop is currently offline Click here to Send I-Drop a Private Message Find more posts by I-Drop Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

And because I just love Dark Khan so much, you know how I think he should've ended? By Darkseid's and Shao Kahn's minions forming a temporary alliance and turning against Dark Khan (it would consist of Reptile, Mileena, etc. from MK, and Kalibak and what not from DC).

"You're too gay to be our master now!"
*gangs up on him when he least expects it*

And then the final enemies of Story/Arcade Mode would be Shang Tsung (with his classic morphing ability), along with good old Goro, just like the very first MK. big grin

Last edited by Ridley_Prime on Jan 16th, 2009 at 10:47 AM

Old Post Jan 16th, 2009 10:45 AM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

Originally posted by I-Drop
Source?
Maybe later. I don't feel like googling a bunch of shit right now. Laziness comes before you.

Lol, Ridley do you make those?

Old Post Jan 16th, 2009 04:36 PM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Yep. stick out tongue It's pretty easy with this.

http://bighugelabs.com/flickr/motivator.php

Old Post Jan 16th, 2009 11:24 PM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

http://comicbookads.leafpublishing....play2-page2.htm

The 8th and 9th paragraphs support that Captain Marvel was really starting to out-sell Superman in the mid-40s.

As for the rest of them...Jesus fvcking Christ, you would think that something as innovative for the character as flight would be chronicled SOMEWHERE, but I can't find shit.

Old Post Jan 17th, 2009 11:45 PM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
I-Drop
Privateer

That's cuz they don't want you to know that he jacked it from CM. He did tho. It's obvious.
Originally posted by ThunderGodEneru
Captain Marvel was only outselling Superman in the mid 1940s.

The Lex/Bald thing was an artist mistake which was made in like his third appearance, and the look stuck.
Yeah. Conveniently AFTER the appearance of CM's bald villain the same way Supes got spinoff characters & super pets AFTER CM did.

Artist: Gosh darnit! I forgot to draw him w/hair. Was too busy thinking about how cool CM's enemy is. Oh well. Time to give Lex his classic red locks.

Editor: Leave him bald.

A: But sir, it'll only take a few moments to...
E: You said w/out hair he looks like the guy CM fights, right?
A: Yeah, but...
E:Leave it! That CM's really popular w/the kids nowadays. Supes is gonna have to be more like him to compete. If CM fights a bald guy, so shall Supes.
A:But isn't that like admitting that CM's better?
E: We all knew that from the start.

Superman was more popular in 1941, and gained flight that year.
Your link says NOTHING about Supes being more popular. CM was one of many features in a title & when it was seen that he was mega popular, he got his own title (which subsequently beat the shit out of Supes in sales) Supes jumps high & then CM appears and gets REALLY popular really fast. THEN all of the sudden Supes can fly. Come on now. I doubt Supertheif was more popular in '41 because CM had his own live action series that year IIRC.(also b4 Supes got one. Starting to notice a theme here.)
Oh, and you say Superman ripped off Marvel...Funny since Marvel's makers lost a law-suit for the exact opposite.
That link suggests that they merely gave up because the market was dry. They'd been in court for a LOONG time & Supes people were NEVER gonna give up 'cuz litigation was the only way Supes could stand up to the clearly superior CM. & I didn't see shit about an artists mistake.

Last edited by I-Drop on Jan 19th, 2009 at 12:24 AM

Old Post Jan 19th, 2009 12:11 AM
I-Drop is currently offline Click here to Send I-Drop a Private Message Find more posts by I-Drop Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

You didn't read the bit where it suggested when Captain Marvel started selling 1.5 million I think it said in mid 40s, that by then he was outselling Superman?

As for flight, the only source I can provide is wiki, unless you think it is lying about him gaining flight in 41 right?

Lex Luthor was first bald in 1940, which is the same year Captain Marvel came out, and it was due to an artist's mistake, that is the only official explanation, and the official explanation>>>Your speculations and opinion.

The courts ruled in favor of DC that Captain Marvel was a rip-off(and Jesus Christ the similarities are beyond obvious, black, formal hair-style, tights with a cape and boots, had all the same powers except CM's added flight), if anyone ripped off anyone, it was Captain Marvel who was based on Superman.

Old Post Jan 19th, 2009 04:04 AM
I-Drop
Privateer

& then Supes stole flight, a bald villain, metapets & sidekick/spinoffs from CM & the fortress of solitude is also based on something from CM. Showing that when you really suck, your so called ripoffs will outshine you & you'll have to copy them to survive. 1941 means nothing because CM was already flying when Supes was still a glorified high jumper. CM started off VERY popular. He was already going gold in his 1st appeareance in 1940 & had his on live action films in 41. DC saw him flying around and the rest is history. Are you seriously trying to tell me that Supes suddenly flying when he was well known for good leaping(it's in the catch phrase) is just some random miricle? Come on. You like Supes for some odd reason, but you can still give CM credit for what's his. Flight was something Supes got because of CM. &You showed NO source for the artist mistake.

Old Post Jan 19th, 2009 04:54 AM
FeelGood
Restricted

Account Restricted

I read most of this and to be honest I lol'ed.

Thanks Smash for some funny as posts.

Old Post Jun 28th, 2009 02:45 AM
FeelGood is currently offline Click here to Send FeelGood a Private Message Find more posts by FeelGood Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bro SMASH

I forgot about this thread.

Maybe, maybe not. Either way, it's far from being on par with the DC universe. It only seemed like the opposite in MKvsDC because the merging of the two universes weakened/altered the powers of Superman and others.

I already know that.

Originally posted by Wei Phoenix
And? You're acting like I'm the first one to show disrespect to a lazy creation of a character who has no original moves or anything. Again our honest opinions were asked so we are giving them. And the MKU is weak compared to a lot of other universes. The DCU stomps them to hell with the regular roster in the game if they were all at full power. Hell Captain Marvel could solo. The SFU would kill them with the likes of Ryu, Akuma, Bison, Gouken and others who have feats that surpass them, Hell even the DOA exceeds them. Hayabusa FTW, Jann Lee beats dinosaurs lol.

You're joking, right? I mean, I can understand DC but SF and DOA? Nah-ah! Also, it doesn't matter what you were asked, you know the rules:

quote:
No bashing, no fanboy bickering, no off-topic spamming. If you don't like a character or think they suck, just stay out of their thread.

Originally posted by NemeBro
So are you saying a single person in MK has come close to merging two universes?

And Superman alone can solo MK within the first second, and there are characters who can do it faster.

1. Yeah. Shao Kahn has merged realms, if I recall correctly.

2. Duh! no expression He can do this same thing to the SF universe too. I guess that's a weak universe too, right? roll eyes (sarcastic)

Last edited by Bro SMASH on Jun 28th, 2009 at 03:46 AM

Old Post Jun 28th, 2009 03:37 AM
Bro SMASH is currently offline Click here to Send Bro SMASH a Private Message Find more posts by Bro SMASH Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Ah, look whose respect thread got bumped of all characters..

Originally posted by FeelGood
I read most of this and to be honest I lol'ed.

We aim to please.

Thanks Smash for some funny as posts.

How is Dark Khan not original?!

Originally posted by Bro SMASH

realms =/= universes

Old Post Jun 28th, 2009 04:33 AM
FeelGood
Restricted

Account Restricted

I actually liked the game, he sucks but he was pretty powerful.

The Name is so...bland and generic.

Old Post Jun 28th, 2009 11:11 AM
FeelGood is currently offline Click here to Send FeelGood a Private Message Find more posts by FeelGood Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bro SMASH

realms =/= universes

It's close enough.

Old Post Jun 28th, 2009 03:30 PM
Bro SMASH is currently offline Click here to Send Bro SMASH a Private Message Find more posts by Bro SMASH Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

I actually liked the game, he sucks but he was pretty powerful.

The Name is so...bland and generic.

Indeed .. and look at how he's introduced. So bland that it needed a little fixing.

It's close enough.

It's debatable. Most realms in MK don't seem that... big to me, especially when you compare something like Outworld or the Netherrealm to an entire universe. Or maybe they just lack depth. I dunno.

Old Post Jun 28th, 2009 11:07 PM
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

laughing

Old Post Jun 28th, 2009 11:14 PM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

2. Duh! no expression He can do this same thing to the SF universe too. I guess that's a weak universe too, right? roll eyes (sarcastic)
1. Realms=/=Universe. They are NOT close enough. Realms in MK are more like planets at best, a universe is composed of a countless amount of planets, stars, solar systems, and galaxies.

2. In the grand scheme of things, yes.

Old Post Jun 29th, 2009 12:45 AM
Bro SMASH

It's debatable. Most realms in MK don't seem that... big to me, especially when you compare something like Outworld or the Netherrealm to an entire universe. Or maybe they just lack depth. I dunno.

I'm pretty sure Outworld and the Netherrealm are much bigger than they're shown to be.

1. Realms=/=Universe. They are NOT close enough. Realms in MK are more like planets at best, a universe is composed of a countless amount of planets, stars, solar systems, and galaxies.

It IS close enough. It doesn't really have to have the same amount of stuff but I still say it's close enough.

Old Post Jun 29th, 2009 03:59 AM
I-Drop
Privateer

Indeed .. and look at how he's introduced. So bland that it needed a little fixing.

Old Post Jun 29th, 2009 04:09 AM
NemeBro

It IS close enough. It doesn't really have to have the same amount of stuff but I still say it's close enough.
So it's close enough because it's close enough? That's circular logic, it doesn't make sense. Stop posting. You're embarassing yourself.

Old Post Jun 29th, 2009 06:39 AM
Bro SMASH

So it's close enough because it's close enough? That's circular logic, it doesn't make sense. Stop posting. You're embarassing yourself.

Way to use strawman attacks. I already said that those realms are possibly much bigger than we think. In addition, you're forgetting there are numerous realms being merged too.

Old Post Jun 29th, 2009 02:24 PM