KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Lord of the Rings » The Hobbit (2011 - 2012)

The Hobbit (2011 - 2012)
Started by: roughrider

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (15): « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 9 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Birch_Tree

quote: (post)
Originally posted by CPT Space Bomb
I'm sorry, Kili and Fili just DO NOT work for me. That being said, this is a lighter story than that of TLOTR, and it would appear that Jackson is trying to tap into that humor by way of making the dwarves look like circus buffoon rejects. Perhaps it will work out, but I must say the pictures are rather troublesome so far.

I think (or hope) that these photos have been staged a little to stir up the fans and cause controversy, for example the wind machine being used on Kili...

A few of the other dwarves look like they contain little jokes, Bombur's ladle almost looks like it has been photoshoped in, not to mention the axe embeded into Bifur's forehead... They are having a little fun with us.

So, I feel Kili might look a little better in the films then he does in the photos, I also get the impression that his beard is slightly thicker then what the photo suggest, these quite a bit of shade and clothing in the way. I hope I am right...

Old Post Jul 14th, 2011 10:39 AM
Birch_Tree is currently offline Click here to Send Birch_Tree a Private Message Find more posts by Birch_Tree Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DanielLB
The Bad Wolf

Balin and Dwalin

(please log in to view the image)

http://cjbannister.users.btopenworld.com/Home.htm

Old Post Jul 15th, 2011 11:11 AM
DanielLB is currently offline Click here to Send DanielLB a Private Message Find more posts by DanielLB Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CPT Space Bomb
Emperor Doom

I really hope these are being hammed up. Might not watch this movie if these are all 100% real. An anvil stuck in a dwarf's head?

So what about my comments made your ass so sore? Was it me calling you a phaggot? I think not." - Nemebro

Old Post Jul 15th, 2011 11:14 PM
CPT Space Bomb is currently offline Click here to Send CPT Space Bomb a Private Message Find more posts by CPT Space Bomb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DanielLB
The Bad Wolf

It's a little extreme?

Oin and Gloin are the only Dwarves that are how they I imagined them. I never imagined any of the others like they appear ... especially Fili and Kili. But I am not saying I don't like them. I think they have done a fantastic job in distinguishing all 13, giving them all their own look, characteristics etc.

With regards to Bifur, it wasn't until someone pointed out that it was something actually stuck in his head that I realised. I had always assumed it was some sort of braided bit of hair with metal (like Nori/Ori etc). It does seem strange that they have gone for that. Surely nobody (even a Dwarf) would be able to survive (and carry on living) with something impaled into the head? Of course, we don't yet really know what it is. It could be an injury Bifur picks up during the Battle of the Five Armies (unlikely). It could be a bit of braded hair above a wound (again unlikely). I don't think it's something as big as an anvil though. To me it looks like a small axe head where the handle has been cut to the top. To me, I'm not too bothered. As long as it doesn't affect the character, and the is a sensible reason why he has it then I'm not going to complain.

I'm already having problems remembering who is who so I need as many differences as possible will help me!!

Old Post Jul 16th, 2011 08:44 AM
DanielLB is currently offline Click here to Send DanielLB a Private Message Find more posts by DanielLB Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DanielLB
The Bad Wolf

Here is a closer image of Bifur and his head:

Definately looks like an axe head! Maybe that's why he looks so miserable? I wouldn't be too happy big grin

And here is a close up of Dwalin's head too. Looks like he has tattoos!

Old Post Jul 17th, 2011 01:31 PM
DanielLB
The Bad Wolf

Thorin Oakenshield!!

I always imagined Thorin being older. But he still looks great! And Orcrist too!!

Old Post Jul 17th, 2011 04:15 PM
Exabyte

Surprising, but actually really, really good. I love it.

Old Post Jul 17th, 2011 05:23 PM
Exabyte is currently offline Click here to Send Exabyte a Private Message Find more posts by Exabyte Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Omega Vision
Face Flowed Into Her Eyes

Thorin would be spot on if he had more gray, but otherwise I'm liking it.

I just hope they don't screw up Beorn or worse still leave him out entirely.

“Where the longleaf pines are whispering
to him who loved them so.
Where the faint murmurs now dwindling
echo o’er tide and shore."

-A Grave Epitaph in Santa Rosa County, Florida; I wish I could remember the man's name.

Old Post Jul 17th, 2011 10:31 PM
Omega Vision is currently offline Click here to Send Omega Vision a Private Message Find more posts by Omega Vision Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

Thorin looks great.

I'm rather pleased with how the dwarves turned out. Each one is very unique.

Old Post Jul 17th, 2011 10:50 PM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Omega Vision

I wonder if the spiders of Mirkwood will talk like in the book or if they'll be mute like Shelob was.

-A Grave Epitaph in Santa Rosa County, Florida; I wish I could remember the man's name.

Old Post Jul 17th, 2011 10:58 PM
Omega Vision is currently offline Click here to Send Omega Vision a Private Message Find more posts by Omega Vision Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DanielLB
The Bad Wolf

Beorn is in the film/s. I'm hoping the spiders don't talk. I think it would be much more atmospheric if they didn't.

Old Post Jul 18th, 2011 04:17 PM
The Rover

...Thorin looks like a damn Klingon. He's much too young, as well.

And Bifur? Yikes...

I'd prefer it if the spiders speak and Sauron doesn't...but I doubt that'll happen.

Last edited by The Rover on Jul 18th, 2011 at 05:23 PM

Old Post Jul 18th, 2011 05:20 PM
The Rover is currently offline Click here to Send The Rover a Private Message Find more posts by The Rover Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DanielLB
The Bad Wolf

I would quite like it if the Necromancer was like an "invisible" antagonist. Kind of like, lurking in the shadows, fading in and out, not quite knowing if he is there or not, and never actually seeing or hearing him.

Old Post Jul 18th, 2011 06:02 PM
Exabyte

New video! With dwarf action big grin looks much, much better than the photoshopped versions. Even Kili and Nori are quite likeable.

Old Post Jul 21st, 2011 02:07 PM
Exabyte is currently offline Click here to Send Exabyte a Private Message Find more posts by Exabyte Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Omega Vision

Originally posted by The Rover
...Thorin looks like a damn Klingon. He's much too young, as well.

And Bifur? Yikes...

I'd prefer it if the spiders speak and Sauron doesn't...but I doubt that'll happen.

Lol yes. He looks like Gowron.

Old Post Jul 26th, 2011 04:32 PM
Exabyte

Some news about the intro scene for The Hobbit (the bridge to The Lord of the Rings), reported by an extra.

Also, some shots of a new set, probably Rhosgobel (Radagast's home) or Beorn's house, appeared.

Old Post Nov 1st, 2011 08:40 PM
eezy45
Winter is coming

Can't we have houses like those for real? I mean.. I'd certainly choose to live in a village resembling the Shire.
Good thing they stayed with NZ, too smile

Old Post Nov 1st, 2011 09:46 PM
eezy45 is currently offline Click here to Send eezy45 a Private Message Find more posts by eezy45 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Exabyte

And more news about Beorn's or Radagast's home here. To be honest, it looks neither recognizably like Beorn's nor like Radagast's house so far.

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2011 04:01 PM
roughrider
Thunderer

Originally posted by DanielLB
Thorin Oakenshield!!

I always imagined Thorin being older. But he still looks great! And Orcrist too!!

And this is the same actor - Ricahrd Armitage - who played the hydra agent and assassin in Captain America last year. In real life he looks a little like Hugh Jackman.

"I'm not smart so much as I am not dumb." - Harlan Ellison

Old Post Nov 3rd, 2011 06:20 PM
roughrider is currently offline Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
roughrider
Thunderer

Originally posted by The Rover
He'll have a scary, demonic voice and it'll be cheesy. Almost guaranteed.

No, I understand Sauron would sound quite pleasant and reasonable when he was in his 'fair' form.

"I'm not smart so much as I am not dumb." - Harlan Ellison

Old Post Nov 3rd, 2011 06:25 PM
roughrider is currently offline Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote