KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Respect' Forum » The Juggernaut...show some respect! (Redux)

The Juggernaut...show some respect! (Redux)
Started by: Knowsbleed33

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (39): « First ... « 24 25 [26] 27 28 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Ptr_Grifin
What?

Yeah, that is confusing. I didn't think Cain had any power left.

God put me on earth to accomplish a certain amount of things. Right now I am so far behind I will never die.

Old Post Feb 20th, 2015 10:01 PM
Ptr_Grifin is currently offline Click here to Send Ptr_Grifin a Private Message Find more posts by Ptr_Grifin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
juggernaut74
Bigsexy

Cain is still a monster even without the gem. The fight sequence is off in that scene. Man-Killer is rated at 75 tons in the handbooks and Cain took her out without any issues though so that is cool.

The price of fame is high and the Thing cant pay the way.

Old Post Feb 20th, 2015 10:05 PM
juggernaut74 is currently offline Click here to Send juggernaut74 a Private Message Find more posts by juggernaut74 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ptr_Grifin
What?

For some reason, I thought it all wasted away. That is the smallest he has been drawn before with power.

God put me on earth to accomplish a certain amount of things. Right now I am so far behind I will never die.

Old Post Feb 20th, 2015 10:07 PM
Ptr_Grifin is currently offline Click here to Send Ptr_Grifin a Private Message Find more posts by Ptr_Grifin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
juggernaut74
Bigsexy

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Ptr_Grifin
For some reason, I thought it all wasted away. That is the smallest he has been drawn before with power.
He was last seen in Thunderbolts and he was pretty uber in that. He was powered by a alternate universe Cyttorak but that power went away.

Old Post Feb 20th, 2015 10:13 PM
juggernaut74 is currently offline Click here to Send juggernaut74 a Private Message Find more posts by juggernaut74 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KingD19
Shai-Gen's Enigmatic Wong

He did say he wanted to just run before the last of his power left him. Perhaps being in such close proximity to the ruby is bringing back remnants of his power? He did have it bonded with him for years and it was stated that even Cyttorak couldn't take all of his power at one point, until he became Cap Universe and Kuurse anyway.

Also it's nice to see that despite all the bad blood, he actually did care about Charles.

Last edited by KingD19 on Feb 20th, 2015 at 10:17 PM

Old Post Feb 20th, 2015 10:14 PM
KingD19 is online now! Click here to Send KingD19 a Private Message Find more posts by KingD19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
juggernaut74
Bigsexy

Cain still has superhuman strength and durability without the gem.

http://www.newsarama.com/22614-thor...zing-x-men.html

Old Post Feb 20th, 2015 10:43 PM
-K-M-

Yeah he beat the "man-killer" who has superhuman strength. He's still super strong

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2015 04:56 AM
-K-M- is currently offline Click here to Send -K-M- a Private Message Find more posts by -K-M- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-K-M-

Alright now I'm confused with cain's power. Even in his weakened state he still went toe to toe with colossus and seemed to be getting the advantage?????

So the new juggernaut has been found, it's [SPOILER - highlight to read]: the living monalith and juggernaut is now a few hundred feet tall. No way it will last. Could see Cain taking the power again just so no one else will

Old Post Feb 25th, 2015 04:20 PM
-K-M- is currently offline Click here to Send -K-M- a Private Message Find more posts by -K-M- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ptr_Grifin
What?

That's surprising. The way Thunderbolts ended had me thinking they were gonna have his power drain completely. As of last issue I thought he retained just a little, less than his Huggernaut days. But him going toe to toe with Piotr puts him above that.

Thanks for the update and hopefully you are right.

Old Post Feb 25th, 2015 05:00 PM
KingD19

I'm hoping it was just Colossus being surprised that Juggernaut was still so strong. I have no problem with Cain retaining his strength, but as a fan of both characters I think it's unfair to have Colossus snubbed like that by a guy who is probably at a fraction of a fraction of his power, while Colossus has done much better against full power Juggernaut before.

Old Post Feb 25th, 2015 05:08 PM
KingD19 is online now! Click here to Send KingD19 a Private Message Find more posts by KingD19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ptr_Grifin
What?

Wow, I remember reading a tweet from one of the writers on how he said the new Juggernaut design was good... It looked stupid.

I leaning towards Piotr being caught off guard.

Old Post Feb 25th, 2015 05:13 PM
-K-M-

Yeah I dislike the new juggernauts look. I say it lasts 1-2 issues

Old Post Feb 25th, 2015 05:17 PM
-K-M-

Originally posted by KingD19
I'm hoping it was just Colossus being surprised that Juggernaut was still so strong. I have no problem with Cain retaining his strength, but as a fan of both characters I think it's unfair to have Colossus snubbed like that by a guy who is probably at a fraction of a fraction of his power, while Colossus has done much better against full power Juggernaut before.

Yeah that's why that showing was confusing. It even looked like Cain made him spit out blood? Errrr?

Old Post Feb 25th, 2015 05:18 PM
KingD19

I also felt they missed an opportunity to explore more how he felt about his brother. He was mad Dark Phoenix Scott killed him(people still think it was fully Scott's decision for some dumb*ss reason), but I'm not sure why. Bobby points out Cain was trying to kill him too so I'm not sure if it's because they took his chance or because he's mad they killed him.

Old Post Feb 25th, 2015 05:24 PM
-K-M-

I agree with that. They only had the brief interaction where he was angry with the x-men and wanted them to admit they killed him. Wasted potential

Old Post Feb 25th, 2015 05:30 PM
juggernaut74
Bigsexy

I told you guys Cain was still Class 100. He took on Thor and Hyperion in this form. Heck Hyperion broke his hand punching Cain. BMW any scans?

Old Post Feb 25th, 2015 05:55 PM
KingD19

Originally posted by juggernaut74
I told you guys Cain was still Class 100. He took on Thor and Hyperion in this form. Heck Hyperion broke his hand punching Cain. BMW any scans?

Cain was still Class 100 when he was Thundernaut. This is supposed to be normal Cain. They made it very clear his power was vacating him and he even pointed out the Alt-U powers were going to fade in a short amount of time.

They made absolutely no mention of him still being strong enough to fight Colossus of all people without supposedly any of his powers whatsoever.

Old Post Feb 25th, 2015 05:58 PM
juggernaut74
Bigsexy

I think they made it clear the alternate reality power was leaving him.

Old Post Feb 25th, 2015 06:09 PM
KingD19

They did make it clear, that's what I'm saying. They pointed out all this stuff about Cain being powerless, but suddenly he's still got plenty of power going by how that comic went.

Old Post Feb 25th, 2015 06:16 PM
Ptr_Grifin
What?

Originally posted by juggernaut74
I think they made it clear the alternate reality power was leaving him.

That's exactly what King said.

The impression I got from the end of Thunderbolts was that his power was going to leave him completely. Remember, he wasn't at full power when he picked up the hammer, Colossus got the power with a panel showing it leaving Cain/Kuurth. Then you have him getting an Alt U Juggs power-up followed immediately by him losing it. The last time we saw him he said he wanted to run around till the power runs out. In this current arc he is drawn back to his powerless/pre-Juggernaut size. That is the smallest he jas been drawn while retaining power.

That's why some people thought he lost all the power until it was shown differently in the previous issue.

Old Post Feb 25th, 2015 06:24 PM