KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Respect' Forum » The Juggernaut...show some respect! (Redux)

The Juggernaut...show some respect! (Redux)
Started by: Knowsbleed33

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (39): « First ... « 25 26 [27] 28 29 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Newjak
I am Beyond Power

Post scans please I want to see this!

sig by Rao Kal El

Old Post Feb 25th, 2015 08:14 PM
Newjak is currently offline Click here to Send Newjak a Private Message Find more posts by Newjak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ptr_Grifin
What?

God put me on earth to accomplish a certain amount of things. Right now I am so far behind I will never die.

Old Post Feb 25th, 2015 08:22 PM
Ptr_Grifin is currently offline Click here to Send Ptr_Grifin a Private Message Find more posts by Ptr_Grifin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
juggernaut74
Bigsexy

It's pretty clear he's still high end without the power though.

The price of fame is high and the Thing cant pay the way.

Old Post Feb 25th, 2015 08:35 PM
juggernaut74 is currently offline Click here to Send juggernaut74 a Private Message Find more posts by juggernaut74 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KingD19
Shai-Gen's Enigmatic Wong

The point we're making is that the comics made it abundantly clear that he shouldn't have any power at all. It was basically completely out of left field.

Old Post Feb 25th, 2015 08:38 PM
KingD19 is currently offline Click here to Send KingD19 a Private Message Find more posts by KingD19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ptr_Grifin
What?

quote: (post)
Originally posted by KingD19
The point we're making is that the comics made it abundantly clear that he shouldn't have any power at all. It was basically completely out of left field.

This.

No one is disagreeing with you on the point that Cain still has power. It is just surprising on how the comics arrived at this point.

God put me on earth to accomplish a certain amount of things. Right now I am so far behind I will never die.

Old Post Feb 25th, 2015 08:52 PM
Ptr_Grifin is currently offline Click here to Send Ptr_Grifin a Private Message Find more posts by Ptr_Grifin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-K-M-

Yep that's exactly the way I understood it as well. So this showing was very surprising. Even depowered juggenraut when he was an x-man was struggling at weights lower then colossus max. So he got more powerful when he should have had no power all together?

Old Post Feb 25th, 2015 09:14 PM
-K-M- is currently offline Click here to Send -K-M- a Private Message Find more posts by -K-M- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
juggernaut74
Bigsexy

Originally posted by -K-M-
Yeah that's why that showing was confusing. It even looked like Cain made him spit out blood? Errrr?
I saw that as well. Maybe it was a piece of debris from the rocks?

Old Post Feb 25th, 2015 10:14 PM
juggernaut74 is currently offline Click here to Send juggernaut74 a Private Message Find more posts by juggernaut74 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
juggernaut74
Bigsexy

Originally posted by -K-M-
Yep that's exactly the way I understood it as well. So this showing was very surprising. Even depowered juggenraut when he was an x-man was struggling at weights lower then colossus max. So he got more powerful when he should have had no power all together?
Maybe he's still at or around his Thunderbolt levels.

Old Post Feb 25th, 2015 10:17 PM
-K-M-

Originally posted by juggernaut74
I saw that as well. Maybe it was a piece of debris from the rocks?

Maybe, but seeing how Cain "handled" Colossus I have my doubts.

Maybe he's still at or around his Thunderbolt levels.

he shouldn't be, but he must be.

Old Post Feb 25th, 2015 10:18 PM
-K-M- is currently offline Click here to Send -K-M- a Private Message Find more posts by -K-M- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
juggernaut74
Bigsexy

Looking at that again that does look like blood. This pretty much confirms my idea that Cain still does indeed have high level strength even without Cyttoraks powers.

Old Post Feb 25th, 2015 10:29 PM
juggernaut74
Bigsexy

Originally posted by Ptr_Grifin
This.

No one is disagreeing with you on the point that Cain still has power. It is just surprising on how the comics arrived at this point.
When Cain was with Thunderbolts he was depowered, he then got powered by a alternate reality Cyttorak, he kicked some @ss for a bit then he realized the power was fading. So by my calculations he's back to his Thunderbolt levels or thereabouts. Does that make sense? Or am I missing something because from what I recall reading in interviews is that Cain still have superhuman strength and durability even without Cyttorak enhancements.

Old Post Feb 25th, 2015 10:47 PM
KingD19
Shai-Gen's Enigmatic Wong

When Cain was with Thunderbolts he was depowered, he then got powered by a alternate reality Cyttorak, he kicked some @ss for a bit then he realized the power was fading. So by my calculations he's back to his Thunderbolt levels or thereabouts. Does that make sense? Or am I missing something because from what I recall reading in interviews is that Cain still have superhuman strength and durability even without Cyttorak enhancements.

After he became Kuurth and Colossus became Juggernaut, he fully lost Cyttorak's power. He was completely human up until the end of Thunderbolts when he came back with Alt-Cyt's power. Then he and several others pointed out the power was only temporary and would be leaving him soon. They made it appear he was completely powerless once the enchantment left him.

So now you've got a guy who everyone thinks was powerless come back into the game with not only power, but power enough to get the upper hand on a guy who was stronger than him at the lower levels of his power. Which makes no sense.

Old Post Feb 25th, 2015 11:10 PM
KingD19 is currently offline Click here to Send KingD19 a Private Message Find more posts by KingD19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ptr_Grifin
What?

I'll try and run through the ups and downs starting with New Excalibur as best I can remember:

- Depowered: On New Excalibur Team
- Full Power: WWH: X-Men
- Full Power + Uni Power-Up: ASM
- Depowered, Losses Uni Power: Thunderbolts
- Asgardian Power-Up as Kuurth in Fear Itself.
-----This is where it gets tricky. You have a depowered Cain picking up that hammer
-----When Colossus becomes Juggernaut, Kuurth loses power. You see Scott make a comment that he is no longer the Juggernaut as Piotr is at this point.
- Losses Asgardian power-up but still seemed to retain some strength
- Fully powered by alternate reality Cyttorak. Thunderbolts
- Losses Alt. Reality Jug powers, and says he wants to run around in a field while the rest of the original power runs out.

Old Post Feb 25th, 2015 11:17 PM
-K-M-

And I just noticed he made colossus spit out blood.....twice. That's crazy

Old Post Feb 25th, 2015 11:32 PM
juggernaut74
Bigsexy

Cain is the man. I'll give Colossus props though he took them rather well.

Old Post Feb 25th, 2015 11:34 PM
One Big Mob
Dead

It's weird as hell seeing a normal sized Cain beating up Colossus.

Good stuff though. Not feeling Monolith with his power though.

Old Post Feb 25th, 2015 11:42 PM
One Big Mob is currently offline Click here to Send One Big Mob a Private Message Find more posts by One Big Mob Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
juggernaut74
Bigsexy

The artist may have something to do with that also. His Colossus seems small as well.

Old Post Feb 25th, 2015 11:44 PM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Back in Dark Avengers #183(post-Thunderbolts), Cain implied that his powers were spontaneously/randomly fading in and out:
http://i.imgur.com/E3f1zAx.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/NG7SYFQ.jpg

I'll give him the benefit of the doubt and assume his powers were operational when he fought Colossus.

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Last edited by Galan007 on Feb 26th, 2015 at 04:54 AM

Old Post Feb 26th, 2015 04:48 AM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Newjak
I am Beyond Power

Originally posted by Ptr_Grifin
Thanks for the scans!!!

Also it is kind of weird with the previous statements but all we know for sure is he was going to let the Alt-Juggernaut powers fade so we do not know how long that would have taken.

Also in his depowered forms have ranged across the board apparently.

sig by Rao Kal El

Old Post Feb 26th, 2015 03:00 PM
Newjak is currently offline Click here to Send Newjak a Private Message Find more posts by Newjak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
juggernaut74
Bigsexy

So how strong is Cain without any powers your opinions?

Old Post Feb 26th, 2015 06:08 PM