KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » Comic Books » Which color ring?

Which color ring?
Started by: Galan007

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « First ... « 2 3 [4]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Bentley
Seitei

Green ring easily, because I rock and I can do whatever I want with my will power.

My respect threads:Kang the Conqueror, Ultron, Devil Dinosaur, Michael Korvac
Captain America for High Street

Old Post Dec 12th, 2009 11:29 PM
Bentley is currently offline Click here to Send Bentley a Private Message Find more posts by Bentley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheKahn
The Dude abides

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Digi
So I wore my GL ring while doing chores today. It...helped.

Digi at Blockbuster...

(please log in to view the image)

wink

Carl - "No, the real point is: I don't give a damn."

Carl - "This line, here? Line of Death. You cross it, and your freedoms no longer exist. Um-kay? Have a good day."

Old Post Dec 13th, 2009 12:26 AM
TheKahn is currently offline Click here to Send TheKahn a Private Message Find more posts by TheKahn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

Originally posted by TheKahn
Digi at Blockbuster...

wink

You should've just hopped over to my profile. There's actual pics of me in a GL costume there. And as Alan, not his B-list descendants.

Old Post Dec 13th, 2009 04:21 PM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheKahn
The Dude abides

You should've just hopped over to my profile. There's actual pics of me in a GL costume there. And as Alan, not his B-list descendants.

blink Sweet Jesus. How many badass sigs does one person need, Digi?

Carl - "This line, here? Line of Death. You cross it, and your freedoms no longer exist. Um-kay? Have a good day."

Old Post Dec 13th, 2009 05:08 PM
TheKahn is currently offline Click here to Send TheKahn a Private Message Find more posts by TheKahn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Doctor-Alvis
Post-Crisis Balki

That Thor personal ad is awesome.

Old Post Dec 13th, 2009 09:52 PM
Doctor-Alvis is currently offline Click here to Send Doctor-Alvis a Private Message Find more posts by Doctor-Alvis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

Originally posted by Doctor-Alvis
That Thor personal ad is awesome.

wink

I think it's still up on Match.com. I should really go check to see if I've had any hits. I doubt I can remember my password at this point, though.

{edit} just realized I don't actually have GL pics up there. Just Doctor and Thor. They're floating around the forums somewhere though...

Old Post Dec 13th, 2009 10:43 PM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

wink

I think it's still up on Match.com. I should really go check to see if I've had any hits.
see? you give fat nerdy girls hope. the quality of a blue ringer, that is.

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Dec 14th, 2009 12:09 AM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by TheKahn
Digi at Blockbuster...

(please log in to view the image)

wink

not my blockbuster, that's for sure.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Dec 14th, 2009 12:24 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blair Wind
The Iron Avenger

Originally posted by Galan007
green seems like it'd be the easiest color ring for the average joe to control, because it isn't literally powered by a specific emotion. a generalized will to accomplish a given task is all you really need to use one.

You know, I'll have to disagree here. I'm not sure if anyone else has really noticed but the ring's are being powered by a specific emotion (or at least emotion relative to the other emotions in the spectrum such as hope, which is not really an emotion either).

However, instead of defining it as an emotion, because green lanterns have always been based on the idea of will power, they simply changed the definition of will power. The fact of the matter is that "the ability to overcome great fear" is better summed up as courage. In addition, this courage/willpower definition is based on being able to overcome another specific emotion in the spectrum, a nuance none of the other corps have. Just found that interesting.

>010010100100000101010010010101100100100101010011<

Old Post Dec 15th, 2009 01:50 AM
Blair Wind is currently offline Click here to Send Blair Wind a Private Message Find more posts by Blair Wind Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Doctor-Alvis
Post-Crisis Balki

Originally posted by Blair Wind
The fact of the matter is that "the ability to overcome great fear" is better summed up as courage.

I like to use defiance and spite to overcome my fears.

Old Post Dec 15th, 2009 02:14 AM
Doctor-Alvis is currently offline Click here to Send Doctor-Alvis a Private Message Find more posts by Doctor-Alvis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheKahn
The Dude abides

Originally posted by Doctor-Alvis
I like to use defiance and spite to overcome my fears.

Alcohol is faster.

Old Post Dec 15th, 2009 02:32 AM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Originally posted by Blair Wind
You know, I'll have to disagree here. I'm not sure if anyone else has really noticed but the ring's are being powered by a specific emotion (or at least emotion relative to the other emotions in the spectrum such as hope, which is not really an emotion either).

However, instead of defining it as an emotion, because green lanterns have always been based on the idea of will power, they simply changed the definition of will power. The fact of the matter is that "the ability to overcome great fear" is better summed up as courage. In addition, this courage/willpower definition is based on being able to overcome another specific emotion in the spectrum, a nuance none of the other corps have. Just found that interesting.
very true. after all, johns had to 'revamp' green to be some type of emotion - and courage seems to fit quite well.

thumb up

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Dec 17th, 2009 06:42 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote