KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Battlezone » Batdude's Tourney Final

Batdude's Tourney Final
Started by: batdude123

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 [2] 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
"Id"
The Man of Tomorrow

5/10

(please log in to view the image)
http://img268.imageshack.us/img268/5717/rulesif.jpg

1. This is a vary significant ruling, in consideration of the existing rules against “Time Manipulation“, due to the fact it eliminates Genis-Vell single weakness as Photon. For those who are unaware Photon coexists in the past, present, and future simultaneously [1], for that reason Genis has trouble differentiating between the past & future. This in return leads Genis to be distracted at all times, even during life threatening events [2]. I am proud to claim such weakness does not effect, nor hinder Genis in the slightest thanks to the tournament rules.

1- http://img687.imageshack.us/img687/...lts018page0.jpg
    2 - http://img692.imageshack.us/img692/...icawareness.jpg

2. Silver Surfer has resisted/immune to energy drainage by several accounts. We mentioned Mu, who was a Galactus class character[1]. Mephisto attempted to magically drain the Silver Surfer, and failed [2&3]. Rouge attempted with no successes [4]. Lets not forget Onslaught at his weakest stage, blocked Dooms drain tech despite being cranked at maximum capacity [5]. At one point even the Soul Gem has failed [6&7].

The point is we benefit from hard evidence, to properly contest “Bill & Ted” best efforts. That includes the likes such as Mephisto, and his Sky-Father level magic.
    1 - http://img682.imageshack.us/img682/...enslavers64.jpg
    2 - http://img442.imageshack.us/img442/...200140ovxb3.jpg
    3 - http://img442.imageshack.us/img442/...200142ovur0.jpg
    4 - http://img442.imageshack.us/img442/...324roguerm2.jpg
    5 - http://img94.imageshack.us/img94/4620/9836.jpg
    6 - http://img253.imageshack.us/img253/...801619soxn0.jpg
    7 - http://img528.imageshack.us/img528/...801620sohi5.jpg

3. If Thor’s “Suicide Blast” ever connects, it will not put down Charlie. Earlier I mentioned Charlie is one tough SOB, having tanked shots from a plethora of Top Tier characters [1]. Let me point out that physical trauma alone is not enough. Charlie can be blown to bits, and it would not matter thanks to his Herald Power set, and the nature of his existence. He would simply Heal/Reform [2&3].
    1 - http://img706.imageshack.us/img706/456/or5dcp001115.jpg
    2 - http://img196.imageshack.us/img196/...ferv3120p19.jpg
    3 - http://img59.imageshack.us/img59/83...ferv3120p20.jpg

quote:
curious how you left out what actually CAUSED that . . . and that it wasn't onslaught.

The first “Astral Disturbance” that K.O.ed Nate was caused by Psylocke.

quote:
hypothesis=/=fact. and it's irrelevant anyway. and WHY did it ko a weaker, unshielded, less experienced nate . . . . .?_BECAUSE HE WAS ACTUALLY ON THE PSI-PLANE._

It’s a comic fact, Marvel telepaths need to tune into the psi plane to apply their craft. X-Man wants to apply his mind link, he needs to tune in. If X-Man wants to walk the streets of New York from Canada, in astral form. He needs to tune in.

Guess what? You have X-Man walk into the battlefield with an active mind-link, psi shields etc.. He is tuned in, and wide open for that massive backlash.

quote:
lol

we don't care about your energy manipulation. nice that you admit they have 'universe destroying power' though. not sure, but i'll go out on a limb and suggest using THAT type of feat MIGHT be illegal. oh wait, did you just use that as an example??? so that must mean you ARE using universe destroying power, right??? like we're using hammer melting GB's? so, i guess this is over since you just went and got yourselves dq'd! well done! good match and all that . . .

Hahaha. Getting cold feat already?

Genis-Vell has a limitless energy source, from the negative zone. That scan proves our claim is not hyperbole, enforcing our superiority in channeling said energies. Notice the emphases in channeling energy.

Keep thinking you can drain us dry, and toss Celestial wrecking blast with out the hammer shattering under its own pressure. Not vary likely with a universe worth of energy at our disposal.

quote:
you want to do what? grab the hammers and absorb their power? sweet! we beg you to come close enough to try that. that's what we WANT--close quarters combat. and i don't suppose you have proof that you can simply drain the hammers? cuz afaik that has never happened. and it might be a bit tough to pull off while we're feeding the hammers, very forcibly and repeatedly, to you.

Strawman argument, you didn’t answer the question. Has Thor or Bill ever resisted energy drainage?

You see we have a plethora of energy absorbing feats, its one of Silver Photons specialty. We also benefit from the fact of being naturally immune to energy drain, or blocking the ordeal. However two scans have been presented where both Thor, and Bill where drained of their energy. Which begs the question to be answered.

quote:

so, was that a mech or a guy in armor?_

besides—XAVIER IS A TELEPATH. The armor—even if it DID work against nate’s tp, wouldn’t stop him from TELEKINETICLLY dismantling it at molecular level. So . . . the armor fails for a bunch of reasons. I also love how you wear it UNDER your silver skin . . . lol like THAT would be possible . . .

Not that it matters, but there was a guy in that mecha suit.

Most are unaware of this, but the Onslaught, and Cassandra Nova arc have shed light on the fact that Xavier is a Telepath, and a Telekinetic. The armor was designed to block the full spectrum of Xavier’s psi.

I also love how its possible to coat our bodies over our skins, and garments, kool ability huh? it keeps that armor nice, and safe. Good luck dismantling it, anti-psi armors are meant to block the full spectrum of psi. That includes TK.

Yes I fully believe that armor would block X-Man’s psi, here is another instance with a different armor doing the same [1].
1 - http://img708.imageshack.us/img708/3426/xman51p10.jpg

quote:
IF HE'S STILL WITHIN THE BATTLEFIELD (because it sounds an awful lot like he warped space and is hiding within that warp, or behind space, which would mean onslaught absolutely could not do any sort of attack AND you'd would be dq'd for self-bfr) i'm thinking that really isn't very likely. we never see genis attack from his cloaked position. i wonder if that might have something to do with the fact that if he did . . . it might GIVE AWAY HIS LOCATION.

I do believe warping space around us is perfectly legal, we’ve been doing so for our past two matches. We are not hiding in between space, or time just masking surroundings by using space. It kept our energy signal hidden from Shi’ar tech, and invisible despite being in the control room the entire time.

Neat feat huh?

quote:

lol we are so strong and durable we wouldn't even notice it. nate is also already shielding us. not sure what precious energy we're wasting, but . . . ok

Fantastic, you will leave the psi-storm alone, which in effect clouds your vision with the flying debris, and all.
quote:
genis and ss mindrape? lol?

Yup, mind rape as he did to purple man [1]. And our cosmic awareness has proven to work on King Thor [2]. We can show you what ever we want, with Thor/Bill unable to distinguish from the fact.

1 - http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/...sPurpleMan2.jpg
2 - http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/...gThortruth7.jpg

Judges look at how this match is progressing, by the clash of prep/strategy.

We are cloaked, and shielded. Thor/Bills tracking abilities can not over come the fact, that their hammer does not grant him the ability to peer through our cloaking. The Hammer only narrows down our location, but with out visual confirmation they would be dumfounded to know how to proceed. They draw their reliance on Nate, who can perceive energy. Yet once again, our cloaking masks our energy signal.

Team Leo/Galan situation only worsens, by the crippling effects of the astral disturbance. Nate would be ripe for the picking, claiming the first casualty in the match. With X-Man gone, Thor & Bill lose his support (Psi-Armor, and Mind Shield, Mind Link etc..). Yet they still wish to proceed, and engage our team.

They can bluff as much as they want, we will do more then just injure them. Pre amped Surfer has already severely harmed Thor. And Surfer has beaten Beta Ray Bill in full combat. Charlie EMP put Thor down. Photon’s blasts killed a foe, that would give King Thor huge problem. Our chances of landing our shots are heighten, when their team has no defense against mental foolery, surf boards to give them trouble, and their need to Drain the psi storm, Drain Shields, Drain our blast. They can forget about draining our team directly, because we have shown to be immune/block said attempt with various showings.

And then there is the suicide shot, where Leo prepped Thor to shoot the God Blast used against Exitar. All in all, we came up with a better plan to neutralize their weakest link. A vary effective plan, which puts Bill & Ted on queer street. It really does not help, that we have more options at our disposal to neuter “Bill & Ted”.

- The mallets can be snatched through Charlie’s EM abilities.
- The mallets can be snatched through Charlie’s TK abilities.
- The mallets can be snatched by the Power of Cosmic.
- We can create force fields around the mallets let it be Cosmic Power, EM, or TK.
- We can drain Bill & Ted themselves.

Last edited by Badabing on Feb 24th, 2010 at 12:43 AM

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2010 05:31 AM
"Id" is currently offline Click here to Send "Id" a Private Message Find more posts by "Id" Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

quote:
This perpetuates that stupid "it was the belt of strength that increased it's power"

quote:
Originally posted by leonidas
hey, look at that, the one time it happened the belt was wrapped around it. so how about showing a time the hammer broke from a GB that was NOT wrapped by the belt of strength? seriously. not sure why i'm entertaining one of the worst arguments ever put forth. i'll go out on a limb and say the judges are smart enough to see that a GB won't break our hammer. lol

quote:
Read the scan this time leo.

so, how DID the hammer survive EVERY OTHER GB, huh, kk?

quote:
lol, same stupid stupid tactic of paradoxically claiming that we are over the caps

just so's i and the judges understand: you make the claim that you guys have "universe destroying power" at your disposal then say it's 'stupid stupid' for us to call you on it??? BRILLIANT rebuttal. thumb up

quote:
Your strategy seems to be to post a variety of arguments that can easily be refuted with single scans

nah. We post a HOST of evidence that you think you can refute with a SINGLE scan. That’s a lot different.

quote:
Onslaught's not going to be out, but even if he was

once again, concession accepted. Now they’ve both said it. smile

as far as ss and genis being too fast--omni-attacks, psi attacks, (which don't rely on speed) past history. once we deal with onslaught, it's 3-2 and you are utterly decimated, specially since you have no way to even HARM us. You can run and hide, but that only ENSURES you’ll lose this debate.

quote:
How exactly were they both "obviously" wrong?

tangential and self-evident. 50% ss vs galactus would be a NON battle when 100% ss is a non-battle with G.

quote:
Blocks designed be a group of people with "good connections" =/= blocks designed by one of the world's leading telepaths and expert on science of TP.

shows his ability to get around blocks. and armor designed by the world's expert on tp is correct. but the armor DID NOT work. and shaman>>xavier. it was also designed to STOP TP. fortunately for us, nate is probably the top telekine in comics. he shreds it with TK. smile

quote:
He bends/warps the light/energy around him much like invisible woman, or the gravitational lensing of of any high-gravity object.

ouch. NOT very convincing . . . specially since in the scan YOU posted it specifically says he is warping SPACE/TIME. and a little below, your own PARTNER says he's warping space! eek!

you warped the environment, something that is illegal. even if you didn't, you have ZERO proof to suggest he could mount an attack while in that state or bring others with him. not to mention you ALSO want him using his tp cloak. and while all these things are happening (and we're unsure whether you are even WITHIN the battlefield) you want everyone to believe onslaught can add tk shields to all your guys, shield them from tp, do the shunt thing, do the hurricane thing, and EMP!! And remain undetected.

But we're being stupid and silly.
quote:
And if you think he was trying to avoid giving his location away, then WHY did he appear behind them visible?!

are you kidding? he appeared so he could TALK to them. hard to talk when you're illegally cloaked behind a warp in space/time. i also see you've a number of scans showing he could attack while "cloaked"? feel free to share . . .

quote:
a Thanos clone who has been PHYSICALLY OVERPOWERED by Ka-Zar.

one of my personal faves ever! lol

quote:
And it all comes back to "we suck out your energy"...

PC can and HAS been absorbed by mjolnir. deny it?
others HAVE drained power from ss forcibly--doom, ironman, rulk. quasar is another example. deny it?

both of those things are irrefutable fact. now, your scans actually HELP US. what? here goes leo spinning!!1@! lol

in your scans we see ss has to actively fight off draining. all we need to do is ATTEMPT to drain him. that will serve our purpose 100%. we either--drain him dry. drain and WEAKEN him making him an easy kill, or drain and force him to combat the effect, leaving him easy pickings for the others on our team to ko him physically or mentally.

we don't need to drain you dry. the ATTEMPT is an offensive attack. and that--BEYOND A DOUBT--is something we could do.

quote:
This is a vary significant ruling,

why was this posted?

quote:
Lets not forget Onslaught at his weakest stage, blocked Dooms drain tech

but was drained by old man richards, and ADMITTED he was drained. and all we need to do is drain and weaken his shields--though the GB would likely smash through the shields ANYWAY!
quote:
Mephisto, and his Sky-Father level magic.

mephisto was trying to drain his LIFE FORCE. far different from what we are trying to do. and again, he had to fight off the attempts. that is all we need. smile

quote:
Charlie can be blown to bits, He would simply Heal/Reform

lol

warping space/time. 'universe destroying’ power. now you say when the GB 'blows you to bits' you'll simply insta-heal?? do you WANT to be dq'd??
blown to bits=ko. reforming from a GODBLAST=over killability limits. can you guys refute AND stay within the rules?

quote:
He is tuned in, and wide open for that massive backlash.

good thing he's not regular nate on the psi-plane then. whew . . .

quote:
Not vary likely with a universe worth of energy at our disposal.

limitless power. universe worth of energy=usless as shown by your “offense”.

quote:
We also benefit from the fact of being naturally immune to energy drain,

lol? you mean minus the scans where we SHOWED him being drained, right . . .?

quote:
or blocking the ordeal.

perfect. all we need. smile

quote:
However two scans have been presented where both Thor, and Bill where drained of their energy.

so, how are YOU gonna do that again . . .?

quote:
I also love how its possible to coat our bodies over our skins, and garments, kool ability huh? it keeps that armor nice, and safe. Good luck dismantling it, anti-psi armors are meant to block the full spectrum of psi. That includes TK.

cept the armor failed--and there is no proof at all they could resist nate's tk. in fact, what proof is there it could resist ANY tk?

nate>>>xavier, ESPECIALLY in regards to TK. What are x’s tk feats, btw? And pummeling with thanos-level (oops, KA-ZAR level!!@!1!) strength would mash them wherever they are.

but, seriously. PC bonds MOLECULARLY to the skin. have you SEEN ss without the glaze? He’s butt naked. But YOU’D be different? PC recreates you. thinking you could put psi-armor on UNDERNEATH the glaze is utterly ridiculous. it's PSI-ARMOR, not UNDER-ARMOR ffs.

oh, and the imperial guard thought THEY were shielded as well when cassandra nova made glad's piss himself.

quote:
Yes I fully believe that armor would block X-Man’s psi

stop using regular nate scans. you have nothing to show these things working on SHAMAN. that IS who we have you know . . .

quote:
I do believe warping space

wait, kk said you WEREN'T warping space. doesn't matter if someone else didn't bring it up either. warping the BF is NOT legal. sorry charlie.

quote:
Yup, mind rape as he did to purple man

not while we're protected by nate. smile

quote:
Yet once again, our cloaking masks our energy signal.

let's assume their cloak is not illegal and they are invisible and somehow nate can't perceive them though he has multiversal level tp feats.

they.
cannot.
attack.
while.
cloaked.

if they are just 'invisible' we can find them easily. they are hidden behind a warp in space/time. how are they gonna attack from there?? as soon as they stop hiding and running, our offense continues. we are shielded and uber-amped durability-wise with psi-armor, go in absorbing whatever energy we can find, AND are shielded by nate's tk shields which have easily withstood planet-busting blasts. once again, they can do NOTHING to us. at all. and let's look at their "offensive" options:
quote:
- The mallets can be snatched through Charlie’s EM abilities.
- The mallets can be snatched through Charlie’s TK abilities.
- The mallets can be snatched by the Power of Cosmic.
- We can create force fields around the mallets let it be Cosmic Power, EM, or TK.
- We can drain Bill & Ted themselves.

lol?

they've been on the defensive this WHOLE MATCH. their ONLY hope is to take out nate with that shunt thing. regular nate fell because he was ON THE PSI-PLANE, and unprepared AND the attack wasn't even initiated by onslaught in the first place! in contrast, when onslaught DID try something that i GUESS was kinda similar, REGULAR, UNPREPARED, UNSHIELDED nate RESISTED the attack and seconds later displayed an uber power feat!! yet OUR nate is gonna be ko'd by this same attack?

quote:
are you frickin kidding me??

exactly.

Last edited by leonidas on Feb 24th, 2010 at 03:14 AM

Old Post Feb 24th, 2010 03:09 AM
leonidas is currently offline Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
"Id"
The Man of Tomorrow

6/10

1. In post 3/10 part C, I commented about the superiority of our abilities, due to the fact that we have an intrinsic control versus the reliance on an external item (Mallets). The benefit of course are options, different ways to address different circumstances. If you’re a Thor Fan, I believe you know where I am leading. And one of those options are isolating the mallets. Our entire crew can seemingly pluck the hammers from their grasp [1]. It does not help that the Hammers are not immune to EM [2]. Which means Charlie can do the former with even greater ease. Or encase those mallets within a barrier, keep in mind that our force fields can hold up to Galaxy wrecking blast [3].

Judges could you imagine the situation, where we encase those mallets within A Class Adamantium? The Ugly truth is, across our roster we sure as hell can. With the given options, our team should always have an edge.

1- http://img237.imageshack.us/img237/4600/fm198000433.jpg
    2 - http://img442.imageshack.us/img442/5743/magneto87.jpg
    3 - http://img63.imageshack.us/img63/9533/thor43713.jpg

2. It goes with out saying but Beta Ray Bill, has already lost to the Silver Surfer in full combat [1A]. However Bill is a Cyborg composed of mechanical parts [2], his chances of surviving are farther plummeted against Charlie’s control over EM [3]. Lets not forget his psi powers, which are anything but mild [4].

1a - Silver Surfer vs. Beta Ray Bill
    http://img59.imageshack.us/img59/5222/brbgh02005.jpg
    http://img710.imageshack.us/img710/9498/brbgh02006.jpg
    http://img519.imageshack.us/img519/9251/brbgh02007.jpg
    http://img175.imageshack.us/img175/1252/brbgh02009.jpg

2 - http://img52.imageshack.us/img52/2000/brb.jpg
    3 - http://img517.imageshack.us/img517/8867/xmen5520.jpg
    4 - http://img52.imageshack.us/img52/5042/thorcorps3p03.jpg

3. Well we laid the ground work. From being “immune - to blocking - to resisting” energy drain even from Sky-Father Level Magic.

If there where successes of energy drain, it goes against the characters original intention, and to ignore every instance where his immunity is acknowledged should be regarded as PIS. Since it clearly defines a moment, where a characters trait/ability are ignored in efforts to progress the plot.

In following scan you will see an example, of the Silver Substance original intention as stated by Galactus. The Silver Skin is meant to self preserve, protect, and shield.
    http://img341.imageshack.us/img341/...rfer0134jn5.jpg

quote:
just so's i and the judges understand: you make the claim that you guys have "universe destroying power" at your disposal then say it's 'stupid stupid' for us to call you on it??? BRILLIANT rebuttal.

Awful rebuttal. thumb down

My exact words where; “we can channel a enough energy to destroy a universe“. Its an expression to how much energy the Silver Photons can regulate.

Does anyone notice these contradicting comments? Its perfectly legal for Leo to claim Thor can channel enough energy to shoot down Space Gods. Yet remarking our upper limits to regulate energy, are clearly against the rules.

quote:
so, how DID the hammer survive EVERY OTHER GB, huh, kk?

Maybe because Thor did not choose to shoot Celestial wrecking blasts in those instances. Next time pick your claims carefully.

quote:
ouch. NOT very convincing . . . specially since in the scan YOU posted it specifically says he is warping SPACE/TIME. and a little below, your own PARTNER says he's warping space

Pay Attention Leo.

The Shi’ar only commented, his Cosmic Powers are not limited to space and time manipulation.
http://img535.imageshack.us/img535/439/spacetime.jpg

quote:
you warped the environment, something that is illegal. even if you didn't, you have ZERO proof to suggest he could mount an attack while in that state or bring others with him.

I do believe the environment is left in tact. Folding space around us did nothing more, then provide the means to invisibly infiltrate the Shi’ar undetected [1&2]. Otherwise the Shi’ar, and his crew would be effected by Genis manipulation [3].
1 - http://img229.imageshack.us/img229/...rveliv04p09.jpg
2 - http://img144.imageshack.us/img144/...rveliv04p10.jpg
3 - http://img411.imageshack.us/img411/9101/cloakr.jpg
quote:
in your scans we see ss has to actively fight off draining. all we need to do is ATTEMPT to drain him. that will serve our purpose 100%. we either--drain him dry. drain and WEAKEN him making him an easy kill, or drain and force him to combat the effect, leaving him easy pickings for the others on our team to ko him physically or mentally.

Then your attempts will be met with complete failure. First by the irrefutable fact that draining has been entirely blocked. As in stopped, cold turkey. Next by the fact that we are naturally immune to drainage.

And finally, the examples you present are either PIS or have no relation to Thor draining abilities. Thor is not Rulk, and the Mallet are not mechanizations of said inventors.

quote:
but was drained by old man richards, and ADMITTED he was drained. and all we need to do is drain and weaken his shields--though the GB would likely smash through the shields ANYWAY!

Read The Scan Leo.

He never admitted to being drained, nor was he drained. Comments like “possible” are not remarks of concession. Nor do you see him drain his energy, or Charlie in a debilitative state.
quote:
so, how are YOU gonna do that again . . .?

With our energy absorbing feats. erm

What’s with the “Strawman” replies? I will ask you the question one more time. Does Thor/Bill have any feat to save them from an energy drain, like the ones we have presented?

quote:
but, seriously. PC bonds MOLECULARLY to the skin. have you SEEN ss without the glaze? He’s butt naked. But YOU’D be different? PC recreates you. thinking you could put psi-armor on UNDERNEATH the glaze is utterly ridiculous. it's PSI-ARMOR, not UNDER-ARMOR ffs.

The Silver Substance, can be worn over garments, armor [1]. A better example would be Doom’s armor, and how it still function perfectly fine under the Silver Substance [2].
1 - http://img97.imageshack.us/img97/76...ferv3117p02.jpg
2 - http://img694.imageshack.us/img694/...loftierthan.jpg

quote:
stop using regular nate scans. you have nothing to show these things working on SHAMAN. that IS who we have you know . . .

Psi Bafflers put together by Dark Beast, worked just fine against “Shaman” X-Man [1]. Anymore excuses, or will you concede?

1 - http://img43.imageshack.us/img43/35...kxmen003022.jpg

quote:
not while we're protected by nate.

Nate is dead. smile

quote:
if they are just 'invisible' we can find them easily. they are hidden behind a warp in space/time. how are they gonna attack from there?? as soon as they stop hiding and running, our offense continues. we are shielded and uber-amped durability-wise with psi-armor, go in absorbing whatever energy we can find, AND are shielded by nate's tk shields which have easily withstood planet-busting blasts. once again, they can do NOTHING to us. at all. and let's look at their "offensive" options:

By shooting at you, its nothing more then a cloak.

You can mount no such offensive when your being countered. You cant find us, and you cant retaliate when your forced to defend. You cant see us, and you need to defend from the incoming attacks of Silver Photos (Surf Boards, and Blasts). It does not help that Cosmic Charlie is there for backup, ready to retaliate with his Cosmic, Psi or EM abilities.

And lets not get carried away now. Those Psi-Armors, gone with the Nate. That TK-Shields, gone with the Nate. Those Mental Shields, gone with the Nate.

quote:
they've been on the defensive this WHOLE MATCH. their ONLY hope is to take out nate with that shunt thing. regular nate fell because he was ON THE PSI-PLANE, and unprepared AND the attack wasn't even initiated by onslaught in the first place! in contrast, when onslaught DID try something that i GUESS was kinda similar, REGULAR, UNPREPARED, UNSHIELDED nate RESISTED the attack and seconds later displayed an uber power feat!! yet OUR nate is gonna be ko'd by this same attack?

Are you aware that Nate is in the psi-plane, as we speak?

You are maintaining a psi-link to enter the minds of Thor, and Bill. Its no different then Mimic using Nate’s own powers, and having the need to tune in to accesses the Psi-Plane to enter Osborn’s mind.

http://img64.imageshack.us/img64/6801/darkxmen40014.jpg
http://img192.imageshack.us/img192/...rkxmen40015.jpg
http://img188.imageshack.us/img188/...rkxmen40017.jpg

Summary
- Waving the PIS flag, does not properly contest our immunity, and ability to block energy drainage.
- Choosing to shoot Celestial wrecking blast = a suicidal attack RIP Thor.
- Nate is tuned to the psi-plane, and by consequence mark the first victim to fall before our team.
- You cant see, or detect us = your offense will never connect.
- We have numerous options to take you guys out.
- We have enough power to potentially kill with one blast.

Old Post Feb 24th, 2010 05:58 AM
"Id" is currently offline Click here to Send "Id" a Private Message Find more posts by "Id" Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

5/9

quote:
Our entire crew can seemingly pluck the hammers from their grasp

“SEEMINGLY.”

oi. not again with the mag’s feat. judges threw it out last rd because onslaught never exhibited those power, why would they accept it this time? not to mention anytime ANY the hammer was ‘isolated’ it had been relinquished. we aren’t letting go of our hammers. we’ll be blasting, draining and pummeling you with them, but not throwing them. and with our amped strength, you sure as hell aren’t ‘plucking’ anything from our grasp. lol

quote:
we encase those mallets within A Class Adamantium?

how you gonna do that when we don’t let go of them?

then they show a scan of a ss amped by loki FAILING to keep thor’s hammer from him? frankly, given the levels of their characters, their offensive proposals have been embarrassing.

quote:
every instance where his immunity is acknowledged should be regarded as PIS.

lol—I agree entirely!

Yeah yeah, I know what you WANTED to say. So, multiple examples=pis???

i’m actually dumbfounded. doom’s tech, IM, rulk, ss himself drained another ss, tyrant, quasar. All examples. you’ve seen direct proof MJOLNIR itself can absorb PC. here’s another example of ss’s PC being absorbed:

http://img514.imageshack.us/img514/1504/81277355.jpg

seriously—how many times do we need to see ss’s power absorbed before you acknowledge it?

and I suppose THIS is also pis? I mean it clearly goes against the character’s ‘originally intended invulnerable status’:

http://img19.imageshack.us/img19/5823/stab0.jpg

http://img52.imageshack.us/img52/5769/stabn.jpg

but ALL those cases are PIS?? i truly AM dumbfounded. has ss resisted some attempts to drain his energy? sure. he’s fought against it. that’s all we need him to do. to say he’s ‘completely immune’ is utterly laughable, speaks to desperation and flies in the face of a WEALTH of on-panel proof.

quote:
“we CAN channel a enough energy to destroy a universe“.

and yet when we show what the GB CAN do, you want everyone to assume we ARE using a blast that would melt the hammer? hilarious?

quote:
Thor can channel enough energy to shoot down Space Gods. Yet remarking our upper limits to regulate energy, are clearly against the rules.

busting a dome inside exitar=/=power to destroy the universe OR limitless energy.

quote:
Next time pick your claims carefully.

lol and next time leave out claims of insta-heal from complete destruction, the ability to channel power to destroy the universe, and come up with a defense that doesn’t involve warping space/time.

and for the final time--nowhere did we say we used a level of GB that would melt the hammer. it would be funny if it wasn’t so absurb.

quote:
I do believe the environment is left in tact.

you BELIEVE. you don’t KNOW. like you don’t KNOW nate couldn’t still perceive your energy signature. like you don’t KNOW if nate could still detect you with his tp--he DOES have multiversal level feats of tp as i’m sure you know. We know onslaught WANTED nate—why? To make himself MORE powerful!

According to onslaught and his actions, nate>>onslaught. And here is the watcher’s opinion of nate:

http://img269.imageshack.us/img269/...ostpowerful.jpg

but psi-armor designed to stop Xavier would stop nate?? No chance.

quote:
Otherwise the Shi’ar, and his crew would be effected by Genis manipulation

wut? how the hell did you come up with that? she was clearly awed by his power and she speculated he warped space/time. Even genis didn’t gainsay her.

and of course, no rebuttal to all the things they want you to believe onslaught can do WHILE cloaked and WHILE still somehow remaining undetectable to us. and no proof whatsoever that they could even attack AT ALL while cloaked in such a vaguely defined manner.

Oh, and this is interesting. This happened when onslaught was in his STRONG form—merged with nate and franklin:

http://img18.imageshack.us/img18/5084/forcefield.jpg

keeping up JUST HIS FORCE FIELD was costing a more POWERFUL version of onslaught “much of his might”. But you want us to believe a WEAKER version can create shields around ALL your guys AND on top of that do all those other things??

they are really drowning.

quote:
Next by the fact that we are naturally immune to drainage.

you HAVE to be fuggin kidding . . . your constant denials are embarrassing and demean the intelligences of anyone reading this match.

quote:
And finally, the examples you present are either PIS or have no relation to Thor draining abilities. Thor is not Rulk, and the Mallet are not mechanizations of said inventors.

so now he DOESN’T have natural immunity to drainage? Sigh . . .

poor us, stuck with meager skyfather level weapons that have ALREADY shown the ability to absorb nearly EVERY FORM OF ENERGY IMAGINEABLE INCLUDING SS’S OWN POWER!

quote:
He never admitted to being drained, nor was he drained.

http://img341.imageshack.us/img341/...ughtenergy3.jpg

he was drained from his earlier encounter with nathan which is why bishop's attacks hurt him so much. and nathan barely engaged him with his siphoning armor. Here again, doom is ready to absorb the energy left by the destruction of onslaught’s energy form:

http://img37.imageshack.us/img37/70...mabsorption.jpg

onslaught is a being of pure psionic energy:

http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/...ionicenergy.jpg

and of course we’ve seen thor absorb psionic energy already in our OP.

undoubtedly onslaught can be drained. he might be able to resist a full drain, but his shields would certainly be weakened--not that a GB needs help anyway. And if keeping a shield costs him so much power, I doubt he COULD resist.

quote:
Does Thor/Bill have any feat to save them from an energy drain, like the ones we have presented?

lol? you have ONE example of tyrant who ko’d then shackled bill AND ss (which is of course pis, but applies readily to bill even though that is the ONLY example you have yet we have multiple examples of ss being drained thumb up ) and i don’t even KNOW what the thor example is. so you are going to what--grab our hammers and drain them? stop avoiding the question and tell us how you’ll do that so i CAN tell you how full of crap your plan is. smile

quote:
The Silver Substance, can be worn over garments,

lol made you look. thumb up

too bad the armor was meant to stop Xavier and NOT the most powerful psionic entity in any reality though.

And what the heck was that mystique/Osborn scan meant to show? confused

where did the bafflers stop nate’s tp? and why are you using a scan that you think somehow refutes what is happening to CURRENT nate when it is illegal for us to use current nate’s feats . . .?

SHOW SOMETHING IN REGARDS TO THE CHARACTER WE ARE USING. please.

quote:
Nate is dead.

lol yeah, he’s shunted and ko’d. we heard you the first dozen times but it still doesn’t make it any less ridiculous. keep saying it though--maybe if you do this scan will disappear!

http://img535.imageshack.us/img535/7416/natevshunt.jpg

as you can see, the effects of the dreaded shunt were utterly devastating!!!1@! Lol And of course, that’s a far weaker, inexperienced, unshielded and unprepared nate.

quote:
By shooting at you,

great offensive gameplan.

quote:
You can mount no such offensive when your being countered.

uber amps from armor. energy absorption. shields that easily withstand planet-busting attacks. a character that SEES energy and is watching our backs. i feel pretty secure. smile

quote:
Are you aware that Nate is in the psi-plane, as we speak?

see scan above. man, i get why you need this to be believed so desperately since you cannot do ANYTHING AT ALL TO US if no one believes it, but . . . no one’s buying your psi 101 speculation when on-panel evidence is staring them straight in the face. the horse is dead id. seriously.

quote:
- Waving the PIS flag, does not properly contest our immunity, and ability to block energy drainage.

lol that’s a lot of on-panel evidence you so casually dismiss. well done. thumb up

quote:
- Nate is tuned to the psi-plane, and by consequence mark the first victim to fall before our team.

keep beating that horse . . .

quote:
- You cant see, or detect us = your offense will never connect.

you’ve zero proof that you CAN attack from behind your cloak. the cloak may not be legal. if you TRY and attack, nate’s energy vision will see you. the fact that you want anyone to believe you can do all the things you have onslaught doing and STAY undetectable is preposterous. Specially when his own shield drained his power level.

quote:
- We have numerous options to take you guys out.

lol really? saving those options up, are you? gonna use a magneto feat to pull our hammers out of our hands?? blast us? infinite energy us to death???

quote:
- We have enough power to potentially kill with one blast.

and we can absorb that blast with ease, or let our shields and armor deal with it.

once again--i sound like an old record--no offense at all from them. if they can’t ko nate with their shunt, they can’t harm us in any way at all. in the meantime, they can’t breach our defenses and our own offense remains every bit as viable as it was in our OP, and every bit as effective.

Bad.
Match-up.

Old Post Feb 25th, 2010 03:48 AM
leonidas is currently offline Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
King Kandy

Jeeze Leo, don't lose your cool. Just because we've been able to prove you wrong about so much, is no reason to start getting so belligerent.

quote: (post)
“SEEMINGLY.”

oi. not again with the mag’s feat. judges threw it out last rd because onslaught never exhibited those power, why would they accept it this time? not to mention anytime ANY the hammer was ‘isolated’ it had been relinquished. we aren’t letting go of our hammers. we’ll be blasting, draining and pummeling you with them, but not throwing them. and with our amped strength, you sure as hell aren’t ‘plucking’ anything from our grasp. lol

Wow, two rounds ago judges wouldn't believe Onslaught could use Magnetism to turn invisible, an advanced magneto feat, but somehow you are extrapolating this to mean he can't MAGNETICALLY PULL a metal object to him? That is THE most basic ability Magneto has and i'm curious, just what Magneto powers do you think Onslaught DOES have, if he cannot duplicate the most skilless feat EVER done by anyone with magnetic powers?

lol—I agree entirely!

Yeah yeah, I know what you WANTED to say. So, multiple examples=pis???

i’m actually dumbfounded. doom’s tech, IM, rulk, ss himself drained another ss, tyrant, quasar. All examples. you’ve seen direct proof MJOLNIR itself can absorb PC. here’s another example of ss’s PC being absorbed:

http://img514.imageshack.us/img514/1504/81277355.jpg

seriously—how many times do we need to see ss’s power absorbed before you acknowledge it?

Yeah, we've seen advanced tech specifically designed to drain PC, absorbing it. Meanwhile we've seen skyfather level characters, and characters even above that, failing to be able to impromptu drain SS. Even Mruungo Mu, an energy absorber far above anyone's capabilities in this tourney, could not absorb SS's powers, even when SS was not resisting and had only 50% power... even then, Surfer is immune to drain because of his glaze.

Meanwhile, that scan proves nothing. There is a big, big difference between absorbing energy that he has ALREADY FIRED, and absorbing the power within him. The anti-drain power is his silver skin, so no duh once the power was no longer encased in that skin, he could absorb energy blasts.

and I suppose THIS is also pis? I mean it clearly goes against the character’s ‘originally intended invulnerable status’:

http://img19.imageshack.us/img19/5823/stab0.jpg

http://img52.imageshack.us/img52/5769/stabn.jpg

Er... I don't see Surfer being drained there, so I think you must have posted the wrong scans. Unless you're purposely posting irrelevant scans to try and shift the debate you know you can't win.

but ALL those cases are PIS?? i truly AM dumbfounded. has ss resisted some attempts to drain his energy? sure. he’s fought against it. that’s all we need him to do. to say he’s ‘completely immune’ is utterly laughable, speaks to desperation and flies in the face of a WEALTH of on-panel proof.

To say he's "completely immune" to the sort of drain you're attempting is completely confirmed by the large amounts of scans we've posted in support, including a scan you've purposely been ignoring that shows exactly that.

and yet when we show what the GB CAN do, you want everyone to assume we ARE using a blast that would melt the hammer? hilarious?

You said you were using the Exitar-busting blast. With a mjolnir lacking even the belt for reinforcement. So yeah, on panel proof would clearly show that the hammer is gonna blow.

Alternatively, you could use the jugg-failure blast. But since Onslaught alone is confirmed to be >>>Juggs, somehow I don't think that will work too well.

and for the final time--nowhere did we say we used a level of GB that would melt the hammer. it would be funny if it wasn’t so absurb.

How about this line, then?

" enough to kill you? confused not sure if you noticed but . . . you’re not exitar."

Yeah, the hammer is going to break. Exitar-level blasts break a reinforced hammer... even a lesser blast will break a hammer without reinforcements.

wut? how the hell did you come up with that? she was clearly awed by his power and she speculated he warped space/time. Even genis didn’t gainsay her.

and of course, no rebuttal to all the things they want you to believe onslaught can do WHILE cloaked and WHILE still somehow remaining undetectable to us. and no proof whatsoever that they could even attack AT ALL while cloaked in such a vaguely defined manner.

Wow... I am not even sure why you are pursuing this point when you literally have nothing but speculation here. On-panel Genis simply cloaked himself from all forms of detection. Saying that this hinders him is based on absolutely nothing stated within the comic, other than that it is what you wish it to be.

Oh, and this is interesting. This happened when onslaught was in his STRONG form—merged with nate and franklin:

http://img18.imageshack.us/img18/5084/forcefield.jpg

keeping up JUST HIS FORCE FIELD was costing a more POWERFUL version of onslaught “much of his might”. But you want us to believe a WEAKER version can create shields around ALL your guys AND on top of that do all those other things??

Good thing we've got that unlimited energy source, eh? We won't ever run out of juice.

you HAVE to be fuggin kidding . . . your constant denials are embarrassing and demean the intelligences of anyone reading this match.

Insults have never won anyone a match. Our claims have been thoroughly backed up by clear scans of energy drainers who are >>>> Thor being unable to drain Surfer whatsoever. I can't say the same for yours.

undoubtedly onslaught can be drained. he might be able to resist a full drain, but his shields would certainly be weakened--not that a GB needs help anyway. And if keeping a shield costs him so much power, I doubt he COULD resist.

Sure he can. That's what the silver skin is for.

where did the bafflers stop nate’s tp? and why are you using a scan that you think somehow refutes what is happening to CURRENT nate when it is illegal for us to use current nate’s feats . . .?

SHOW SOMETHING IN REGARDS TO THE CHARACTER WE ARE USING. please.

OK, sure. Here you go, psi-bafflers stop CURRENT Nate from seeing through Mystique's ruse.

http://img638.imageshack.us/img638/...kxmen002003.jpg

Well, looks like that debate is over.

uber amps from armor. energy absorption. shields that easily withstand planet-busting attacks. a character that SEES energy and is watching our backs. i feel pretty secure. smile

"Uber amps from armor"? I still have yet to see these... what I have seen, is your characters reproducing a Ka-Zar feat. roll eyes (sarcastic)

lol that’s a lot of on-panel evidence you so casually dismiss. well done. thumb up

"I'm just going to ignore that Mruungo Mu scan until it goes away and stops haunting me" Leo strikes again.

http://img682.imageshack.us/img682/...enslavers64.jpg

End of story:

We've proven with endless scans that their hammers will not be able to overcome the protection our silver skin has.

We've proven that their hammer will break, and take Thor with it (they admitted they were using the Exitar blast).

We've proven just this very post, that our psi-baffler armor CAN stop X-Man's TP.

We've proven they don't have the means to detect us.

They've proven... well, keep working at it guys. I'm sure you'll get it eventually.

Old Post Feb 25th, 2010 06:46 AM
King Kandy is currently offline Click here to Send King Kandy a Private Message Find more posts by King Kandy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

quote:
Jeeze Leo, don't lose your cool. Just because we've been able to prove you wrong about so much, is no reason to start getting so belligerent.

lol if you thought THAT was belligerent . . . heheh

quote:
That is THE most basic ability Magneto has and i'm curious, just what Magneto powers do you think Onslaught DOES have, if he cannot duplicate the most skilless feat EVER done by anyone with magnetic powers?

and i'm curious--what magneto feats did he SHOW? and while you're at it, show me mags literally PULLING the hammer out of thor's hand, as opposed to sending it away after he threw it. and while you're at it, how bout proving you can mount ANY attack from behind that 'cloak'. now, if you CAN, prove you can use the magnetic power from behind your tk shield. and then . . . just when DO you try this?? is this before or after the shunt and EMP? and you can do it WHILE shielding the others with tk, shielding them FROM nate's tp and from behind the cloak?? and do you pull BOTH hammers from us, despite our amped strength, at the same time right THROUGH OUR SHIELDS??

yeah, i see nothing wrong with that strategy.

and judges, please note--they have mentioned in previous matches how UBER their amalgams are, how perfectly they mesh. how ironic then that their best offensive option is relying on the most basic power of regular old magneto! and of course, that fails too.

quote:
Meanwhile we've seen skyfather level characters, and characters even above that, failing to be able to impromptu drain SS.

yet you've seen rulk do it, you've seen ss do it to his EQUAL, you've seen quasar do it. you've seen doom do it and IM in his OLD, classic armor. ignore much?
quote:
There is a big, big difference between absorbing energy that he has ALREADY FIRED, and absorbing the power within him. The anti-drain power is his silver skin, so no duh once the power was no longer encased in that skin, he could absorb energy blasts.

except for the above mentioned, right? and you're not arguing it very stridently--i know it's because even YOU aren't convinced of your stance. others can see it too. and if you fire a blast (as you have REPEATEDLY said you will), what's to keep us from (as we've ALREADY SAID) simply PULLING the energy from you like thor did to the presence in our OP? you have repeatedly said you are RELEASING energy at us. perfect. we just keep draining once it's released though again, there are numerous examples of him getting drained "through his glaze" WITHOUT the release of any energy at all.

quote:
Er... I don't see Surfer being drained there, so I think you must have posted the wrong scans. Unless you're purposely posting irrelevant scans to try and shift the debate you know you can't win.

lol read what i posted--i said it was another example of the PC being ABSORBED, not ss being drained. let's review:

thor CAN drain (shown repeatedly)
thor CAN absorb (shown repeatedly)
ss HAS been drained (shown repeatedly)
PC HAS been absorbed (shown repeatedly)
THOR HAS absorbed PC (shown)
thor CANNOT drain ss though many others have done so with and without lesser equipment than MJOLNIR??

sounds like a perfectly reasonable conclusion to me. smile

quote:
To say he's "completely immune" to the sort of drain you're attempting is completely confirmed by the large amounts of scans we've posted in support, including a scan you've purposely been ignoring that shows exactly that.

ignoring? i said that ONE scan doesn't refute all the others to the contrary. i also said he CAN resist, but as your OWN SCANS show, he has to actively fight it off. and if he's engaged in fighting off a drain, successful OR unsuccessful, he's an easy target. and yet I'M the one doing the ignoring. remarkable.

quote:
You said you were using the Exitar-busting blast.

show me where or gtfo with this line of reasoning. smile

quote:
Alternatively, you could use the jugg-failure blast. But since Onslaught alone is confirmed to be >>>Juggs, somehow I don't think that will work too well.

are you listening to yourself? the blast stopped a skyfather level enchantment. and the outcome of that meeting was undecided, btw. does onslaught have a skyfather level forcefield lying around somewhere that you're waiting to spring on us?

quote:
Yeah, the hammer is going to break. Exitar-level blasts break a reinforced hammer... even a lesser blast will break a hammer without reinforcements.

good lord . . .

quote:
Wow... I am not even sure why you are pursuing this point when you literally have nothing but speculation here.

like you have anything more? YOU said he was using "gravitational lensing" and compared it to sue storm! your partner said he IS folding/warping space, and isn't even sure the environment was left intact! yet i should drop it? how about if you guys work as a team and get your story straight. or better yet, just use a power that is actually within the rules. smile

quote:
On-panel Genis simply cloaked himself from all forms of detection. Saying that this hinders him is based on absolutely nothing stated within the comic, other than that it is what you wish it to be.

the majestrix HEAVILY implied he warped space/time. genis did not gainsay her. if such is the case, it is illegal. simple as.

quote:
Good thing we've got that unlimited energy source, eh? We won't ever run out of juice.

now onslaught has access to infinite energy too? and he is going to be drawing power from genis (because onslaught himself certainly won't have infinite power) behind the cloak, and through all the shielding you guys have thrown up? and you're STILL going to remain undetectable to us somehow?

are you guys actually thinking these things through?

quote:
Insults have never won anyone a match.

that's not an insult, it's fact. it's what happens when you blatantly ignore piece after piece of on-panel proof.

quote:
Our claims have been thoroughly backed up by clear scans of energy drainers who are >>>> Thor being unable to drain Surfer whatsoever. I can't say the same for yours.

rulk? quasar? ss vs himself? IM. doom. yeh, hardly any support at all. maybe the names just don't show up on your screen? should i change the colour of the font?

quote:
Sure he can. That's what the silver skin is for.

storm's LIGHTNING has severely harmed ss on a COUPLE occasions. i know you guys generally label anything shown multiple times as pis, but the rest of the world would consider this PROOF. so, unless you now want to say storm's lighting>GB, i feel safe in assuming GB>>>>silver skin . . . not to mention it is magic, and my earlier scan where ss gets gutted by a magic dagger shows how well he does against high level magic.

quote:
Well, looks like that debate is over.

i've been saying the same since we put in our OP's . . .
but, to your point--did you even READ what i said? we can't USE anything from current nate. we don't know his level of power and anything regarding him was banned. again, more slowly?

show . . . us . . . something . . . from . . . the character we . . . drafted . . .

quote:
"Uber amps from armor"? I still have yet to see these... what I have seen, is your characters reproducing a Ka-Zar feat.

lol amazing . . . . btw, you've yet to show these ka-zar vs thanos scans. i'd love to see the h2h battle between those 2 colossi.

quote:
"I'm just going to ignore that Mruungo Mu scan until it goes away and stops haunting me" Leo strikes again.

and i'll just ignore all the scans that show the contrary. kk strikes again. and i think ka-zar>thanos!!1! kk strikes twice while the iron is hot! big grin

quote:
We've proven with endless scans that their hammers will not be able to overcome the protection our silver skin has.

and we've proven they CAN be drained, either completely, partially or in such a manner as they need to actively resist the attack.

quote:
We've proven that their hammer will break, and take Thor with it (they admitted they were using the Exitar blast).

actually you've proven that you will continually pursue the worst line of reasoning ever exhibited in a finals match. but well done anyway! lol

quote:
We've proven just this very post, that our psi-baffler armor CAN stop X-Man's TP.

you showed an inadmissible scan and STILL have shown nothing regarding the character we drafted! but we wait eagerly. smile and even if anyone DOES feel like believing that banned scan, once onslaught is ko'd, it's still 3-2 and genis and ss can't harm us at all. nate can still use his TK to MASSIVE effect, slowing them down so thor and bill can ko them physically. again, no proof whatsoever to say the psi-armor would stop the effects of TK, since charles is a telepath and the armor was designed to counter charles's talent.

quote:
We've proven they don't have the means to detect us.

they've proven they can't communicate with each other and have no idea how genis did what he did, whether he could do it to all of them or whether they could attack from behind this 'cloak'. or even if it's legal.

and one more time . . . . . . is there any offense in their future? i don't even know who kk is USING! not a single mention of offense in this entire post aside from the all powerful--we pull your hammer from your hands through our shields, our cloak, your shields and your amped strength! honestly, i've not seen anything like it in any tourney i've ever been in . . .

we win because they . . . can't attack us at all?

Old Post Feb 25th, 2010 10:36 PM
King Kandy

yet you've seen rulk do it, you've seen ss do it to his EQUAL, you've seen quasar do it. you've seen doom do it and IM in his OLD, classic armor. ignore much?

I haven't actually seen IM do it. Meanwhile, yes he has been drained by advanced technology designed specifically to be able to drain him. This is not nearly the same, as saying that your hammer could simply drain him at the drop of a hat (we have shown numerous times that people with absorptive powers greater than Mjolnir, fail at doing such a thing.) The SS clone's power was Surfer's to begin with, so naturally he could drain it, just like how Galactus could drain the original if he wished.

and if you fire a blast (as you have REPEATEDLY said you will), what's to keep us from (as we've ALREADY SAID) simply PULLING the energy from you like thor did to the presence in our OP? you have repeatedly said you are RELEASING energy at us. perfect. we just keep draining once it's released though again, there are numerous examples of him getting drained "through his glaze" WITHOUT the release of any energy at all.

lol, Surfer is not the presence. He has a silver skin that prevents such things from happening to him as we have shown countless times, and you have found fit to ignore.

lol read what i posted--i said it was another example of the PC being ABSORBED, not ss being drained. let's review:

I see no absorption there. Just SS getting knifed. And again, I wonder if that was really the scan you meant to show.

thor CANNOT drain ss though many others have done so with and without lesser equipment than MJOLNIR??

Lesser equipment? You mean things that people SPECIFICALLY CREATED to drain SS? You have not one showing of anyone actually being able to drain through his skin's natural immunity, while we have posted several of higher drainers than Thor failing to do exactly that.

ignoring? i said that ONE scan doesn't refute all the others to the contrary. i also said he CAN resist, but as your OWN SCANS show, he has to actively fight it off. and if he's engaged in fighting off a drain, successful OR unsuccessful, he's an easy target. and yet I'M the one doing the ignoring. remarkable.

No, what we HAVE shown, is a SS barely conscious being undrainable even without attempting to resist. By a being who's mere foot soldiers, were sufficient to defeat Thor and the other heroes of earth.

Meanwhile, Onslaught alone would be enough to stop your drain... the skin is just the cake frosting.

Your being remarkably naïve, and ignorant. We don't count on a one time feat but several instances. Onslaught counts on the Heralds natural immunity, on top of his own abilities.

Onslaught at his infancy, blocks the energy drain with a hand gesture [1]. Yet energy draining so below him that he draws his attention to the attackers, and attacks [2]. This proves he can block, and fight at the same time unlike Thor/Bill.
1 - http://img294.imageshack.us/img294/4620/9836.jpg
2 - http://img39.imageshack.us/img39/4873/9837.jpg

show me where or gtfo with this line of reasoning. smile

I already did, last post. Did your eyes miss it? You yourself said in prep and statements, that your blast would be of the level that broke Exitar's dome.

" enough to kill you? confused not sure if you noticed but . . . you’re not exitar."

That's a quote from YOU. It was there last post, but you ignored it.

are you listening to yourself? the blast stopped a skyfather level enchantment. and the outcome of that meeting was undecided, btw. does onslaught have a skyfather level forcefield lying around somewhere that you're waiting to spring on us?

It "stopped a skyfather level enchantment"... you mean, it pushed Juggernaut back. Onslaught easily plucked his gem from his body and nearly killed him. So pushing him back, means absolutely nothing. Especially since the godblast failed to hurt him in any way, shape or form... which means that not only could Onslaught resist that level of blast, but he actually has a stronger offense as well, using Juggernaut as the marking stick.

YOU said he was using "gravitational lensing" and compared it to sue storm! your partner said he IS folding/warping space, and isn't even sure the environment was left intact! yet i should drop it? how about if you guys work as a team and get your story straight. or better yet, just use a power that is actually within the rules. smile

It is never stated ANYWHERE in the scan, what exactly the pseudo-science means Genis was employing there were. It was shown, that he could in no way be detected. And that's all. Your speculation that it might hinder him, or be illegal, is just that: Speculation with no facts to support it at all.

the majestrix HEAVILY implied he warped space/time. genis did not gainsay her. if such is the case, it is illegal. simple as.

The Majestrix has no idea what Genis was doing, and speculated he might be able to warp space time. Much like you are doing there. It is made overwhelmingly clear in the scan that she did not know what method he employed beyond guesswork.

now onslaught has access to infinite energy too?

Onslaught always had accesses to limitless energy.
http://img94.imageshack.us/img94/1387/cable03510.jpg
http://img30.imageshack.us/img30/4808/cable03511.jpg

rulk? quasar? ss vs himself? IM. doom. yeh, hardly any support at all.

None of whom, were using anything close to what you have done. Never has anyone simply been able to drain SS on the spot without carefully tailor-making means to do so that can work off of his specific defenses and energies.

What he HAVE seen, is plenty of above Thor absorbers failing to do exactly that when they tried.

so, unless you now want to say storm's lighting>GB, i feel safe in assuming GB>>>>silver skin . . . not to mention it is magic, and my earlier scan where ss gets gutted by a magic dagger shows how well he does against high level magic.

lol, the silver skin is not our defense against the godblast. That's our defense against drains. For forcefield, we're perfectly happy with ones that have defended against galaxy-busting bombs point blank.

we can't USE anything from current nate. we don't know his level of power and anything regarding him was banned. again, more slowly?

We are not bounded by your restrictions. That is an amped X-Man, therefore you can not make use of his claims unless you amp your character.

But otherwise we can make use of his scans just fine, because *gasp* its still the same character. Which *gasp* ensures that crappy Psi-Baffles created by Dark Beast <<<<<<Anti-Psi armor built by Xavier.

lol amazing . . . . btw, you've yet to show these ka-zar vs thanos scans. i'd love to see the h2h battle between those 2 colossi.

Glad you asked. BTW, nice attempt at implying the Thanos CLONE was comparable to the real Thanos. Actually, the real Thanos called this one a complete failure in Abyss.

Anyway, here you go. Ka-Zar beating up the Thanos clone WHILE it's amped (so he's actually stronger than the armor you've been making such a big deal about).

http://img692.imageshack.us/img692/3504/k1111q.jpg
http://img692.imageshack.us/img692/7844/k1112.jpg
http://img203.imageshack.us/img203/8264/k1113.jpg

(Just note--the Medallion Ka-Zar holds is a map to another planet. The reason his powerup was lost was because his terraformer was destroyed.)

you showed an inadmissible scan and STILL have shown nothing regarding the character we drafted! but we wait eagerly. smile
again, no proof whatsoever to say the psi-armor would stop the effects of TK, since charles is a telepath and the armor was designed to counter charles's talent.

Judges I want to point out we where never rulled out of Dark X-Men Scans? If anything Team Leo/Galan are restricted from using those scans, since that is Shaman X-Man amped. In return this only helps to solidify our claims.

Crappy Psi-Bafflers worked on an Amped Shaman X-Man. Our Anti-Psi armor would do just fine.

P.S. Those Anti-Psi suits where to be used against Onslaught at Full (Nate + Young Richards). That’s why they are called Anti-Psi. Not anti-tp suits.

they've proven they can't communicate with each other and have no idea how genis did what he did, whether he could do it to all of them or whether they could attack from behind this 'cloak'.

We don't have a good scientific explanation for how Genis turns invisible, anymore than we have a good scientific explanation for how Sue Storm does. I think you'll find in comics, not everything is explained in terms of physics 101.

Old Post Feb 26th, 2010 08:39 AM
King Kandy is currently offline Click here to Send King Kandy a Private Message Find more posts by King Kandy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Talking in circles is fun!!

Originally posted by King Kandy
Lesser equipment? You mean things that people SPECIFICALLY CREATED to drain SS? You have not one showing of anyone actually being able to drain through his skin's natural immunity, while we have posted several of higher drainers than Thor failing to do exactly that.
Hmm, it would seem that you are either completely ignoring our OP, or you failed to read it thoroughly – as I can assure you that Surfer has been drained by forces that weren’t “specifically created to drain him”.

This fact (and more) has been pointed out to you time and time again.

No, what we HAVE shown, is a SS barely conscious being undrainable even without attempting to resist.
And we have shown Surfer forcibly being drained by forces that weren’t “specifically created to drain him” – what’s your point?

Meanwhile, Onslaught alone would be enough to stop your drain
Onslaught has been harmed by far lesser forces than those of our team:
quote:
Here Bishop uses energy blasts against Onslaught. These blasts weakened Onslaught enough that he actually reverted to a human form and played the ‘emotional card’ with Bishop to halt the ownage that was being delivered:
http://img3.imageshack.us/i/onslaughtenergy1.jpg/
http://img522.imageshack.us/i/onslaughtenergy2.jpg/
http://img341.imageshack.us/i/onslaughtenergy3.jpg/
(I understand full well that Bishop was being ‘amped’ by the force field attacks he was having IW use against him. However, those blasts still weren’t equal to a Godblast by any stretch.)

Here Onslaught is once again harmed by the attacks from a, rather feeble, band of heroes:
http://img15.imageshack.us/i/onslaughtenergy4.jpg/
(Though Onslaught was only momentarily harmed, he was still harmed… And a Godblast >> “invisible javelins + plasma bursts + ice spikes + flaming spears + explosive arrows”)

The bottom line is if attacks like those are sufficient to cause Onslaught any kind of physical harm, then a Godblast (which is several notches greater than those attacks) should be more than enough to remove him from the battle for good.

– No amount of dodging will change that/those fact(s), I’m afraid.

Your being remarkably naïve, and ignorant. We don't count on a one time feat but several instances. Onslaught counts on the Heralds natural immunity, on top of his own abilities.

Onslaught at his infancy, blocks the energy drain with a hand gesture [1]. Yet energy draining so below him that he draws his attention to the attackers, and attacks [2]. This proves he can block, and fight at the same time unlike Thor/Bill.
1 - http://img294.imageshack.us/img294/4620/9836.jpg
2 - http://img39.imageshack.us/img39/4873/9837.jpg
Hmm, for some reason I thought Onslaught was Id’s character..?

Regardless, some context pertaining to why the version of Onslaught in those scans looked so different from the original would be helpful to us all (not that it really matters at this point anyway.)

I already did, last post. Did your eyes miss it? You yourself said in prep and statements, that your blast would be of the level that broke Exitar's dome.

That's a quote from YOU. It was there last post, but you ignored it.
2 + 2 = 5!

Seriously though, what aren’t you guys getting? Those scans were simply meant to show the level of power the GB is capable of – NOT the level of power we would need in order to harm Onslaught. So why in god’s green earth are you clinging so desperately to the notion that the hammer would be melted or broken? Is that all you have to cling to? Hope not.

Once again: Onslaught is not Exitar… a FAR cry from, in fact -- our team (especially with their minds linked with Nate’s) knows this. Our team also knows full well of the limitations of the hammers.

That said, do you honestly believe they would do something in the opening moments of the match that would jeopardize the integrity of the hammers? C’mon what isn’t computing here?

It "stopped a skyfather level enchantment"... you mean, it pushed Juggernaut back. Onslaught easily plucked his gem from his body and nearly killed him. So pushing him back, means absolutely nothing. Especially since the godblast failed to hurt him in any way, shape or form... which means that not only could Onslaught resist that level of blast, but he actually has a stronger offense as well, using Juggernaut as the marking stick.
And I am sure you can prove Juggernaut had his force-field up when Onslaught took the gem from his chest, right?

If the answer is no (which I’m positive it will be) then your ABC logic is quite literally meaningless here.

http://img94.imageshack.us/img94/1387/cable03510.jpg
http://img30.imageshack.us/img30/4808/cable03511.jpg
And Thor has overcome “infinite gravity”. What’s your point?

None of whom, were using anything close to what you have done. Never has anyone simply been able to drain SS on the spot without carefully tailor-making means to do so that can work off of his specific defenses and energies.
Heh, all I can say (yet again) is to check out our OP.

lol, the silver skin is not our defense against the godblast. That's our defense against drains. For forcefield, we're perfectly happy with ones that have defended against galaxy-busting bombs point blank.
And we’re perfectly happy with using two hammers that are able to absorb galaxy-busting energies (see our OP).

We are not bounded by your restrictions. That is an amped X-Man, therefore you can not make use of his claims unless you amp your character.

But otherwise we can make use of his scans just fine, because *gasp* its still the same character. Which *gasp* ensures that crappy Psi-Baffles created by Dark Beast <<<<<<Anti-Psi armor built by Xavier.
Ah, so you guys can use current Nate’s showings against us, but we cannot use them against you (per batdude)..? C’mon, what world are you living in?

I would sincerely hope that the judges pay this ‘tactic’ no mind.

Glad you asked. BTW, nice attempt at implying the Thanos CLONE was comparable to the real Thanos. Actually, the real Thanos called this one a complete failure in Abyss.

Anyway, here you go. Ka-Zar beating up the Thanos clone WHILE it's amped (so he's actually stronger than the armor you've been making such a big deal about).

http://img692.imageshack.us/img692/3504/k1111q.jpg
http://img692.imageshack.us/img692/7844/k1112.jpg
http://img203.imageshack.us/img203/8264/k1113.jpg

(Just note--the Medallion Ka-Zar holds is a map to another planet. The reason his powerup was lost was because his terraformer was destroyed.)
This does nothing to dispute our point, I’m afraid. As our OP shows, the Thanosi was picking apart a pre-psi-armored Hulk with ease. After Hulk donned the armor he became no less than equal to that same Thanosi.

Hell, the psi-armor also gave Nate himself physical prowess greater than Hulk’s.

Face it, guys – the armor gives us a huge strength and durability boost. Nothing you say can change that fact.

Judges I want to point out we where never rulled out of Dark X-Men Scans? If anything Team Leo/Galan are restricted from using those scans, since that is Shaman X-Man amped. In return this only helps to solidify our claims.

Crappy Psi-Bafflers worked on an Amped Shaman X-Man. Our Anti-Psi armor would do just fine.

P.S. Those Anti-Psi suits where to be used against Onslaught at Full (Nate + Young Richards). That’s why they are called Anti-Psi. Not anti-tp suits.
Quoted from above:
quote:
Ah, so you guys can use current Nate’s showings against us, but we cannot use them against you (per batdude)..? C’mon, what world are you living in?

I would sincerely hope that the judges pay this ‘tactic’ no mind.

---

As has been stated numerous times:

-They have displayed no real offense. Sorry, but telling us our hammers will melt and that we won’t be able to absorb your energies isn’t a solid enough offense, imo.

-They have no proof that two of the most powerful absorbing weapons in comics (our hammers) would be unable to absorb their energies, as many other characters have.

-They seem to have failed to read through our OP, as they are still mentioning things that were already covered (with proof) there… Or maybe they’re just ignoring it..? Meh

-They think they can just stroll up to us and snatch our hammers away, despite our superior strength, shielding, absorption, reflexes, etc? Give me a break. They think they can muck with our minds? Give me an even bigger break.

-The bottom line is that we have successfully exploited their every weakness -- and misdirection from them aside, there’s really nothing they can do (or have done) about it.

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Feb 26th, 2010 08:19 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
"Id"
The Man of Tomorrow

9/10

Has anyone noticed that every time Leo feels threaten by our team, he pulls a legality card on us?

1. Our Cloaking

Lets get a few things straiten out. Leo brought too much unneeded attention to the cloaking, and the legality of it by taking the Shi’ar comment out of context [1]. I its nothing more the a ploy, in efforts to cop out a feat that places them in a huge disadvantage. I can assure you two things.

1 - http://img42.imageshack.us/img42/46...veliv04p15o.jpg

First Genis-Vell manipulates time or space through spatial apertures. That’s how he sends the Thunderboltz through time [1]. That’s how he teleports through space [2].

1 - http://img341.imageshack.us/img341/...lts018page0.jpg
    2 - http://img21.imageshack.us/img21/23...lts014page0.jpg

Secondly Genis-Vell left with the intentions to infiltrate (as in sneak), flying in the direction of the Shi’ar. Why? Because he is the only one who is capable of cloaking his presence from Shi’ar equipment [1&2]. Again that is a direct point of reference, of Genis being in the battlefield in an undetectable state.

1 - http://img200.imageshack.us/img200/...rveliv04p09.jpg
    2 - http://img144.imageshack.us/img144/...rveliv04p10.jpg

Exactly how the F@uck do you tie in Genis ability to manipulate space/time to his cloaking? He is not making use of spatial apertures, and the Shi‘ar in the control room are left in tact. Because if he was warping the environment, the way Leo claims the Shi’ar and Control Room would be all levels of F@ucked-Up. Heh Oh that’s Leo logic for ya.

2. Dark X-Men feats
    Dark X-Mans scans where never ruled out. There is no such ruling was given in this match, or in the main tournament topic.

If Leo is yammering about Dark X-Men feats, its from his inability to claim those feats since Shaman X-Man benefits from an empowered state [1&2]. Why would we care if they cant make use of those feats? Leo wanted to see anti-psi equipment work on Shaman X-Man. Well guess what? If an anti-psi equipment effects an amped Shaman X-Man. Then their weaker draft would be effected as well. no expression

1 - http://img7.imageshack.us/img7/6066/darkxmen003001.jpg
    2 - http://img109.imageshack.us/img109/...kxmen003002.jpg

Oh and for the record, here is another instance where Nate is hindered by anti-psi equipment [1].
    1 - http://img13.imageshack.us/img13/1003/5902gr.jpg

3. Psi-Plane & Astral Disturbance.
    I proved with out a doubt that a Mind Link, to enter someone’s mind effectively places you in the astral plane [a1-3]. This proves to be a painful consequence for X-Man, with Onslaught creating an astral disturbance. But! Even if X-Man was not brought into battle using his mind link. The astral plane would still greatly effect him, because he is a vary psi sensitive mutant. The more powerful psi you are, the greater the backlash [b1-2].

A1 - http://img64.imageshack.us/img64/6801/darkxmen40014.jpg
    A2 - http://img192.imageshack.us/img192/...rkxmen40015.jpg
    A3 - http://img188.imageshack.us/img188/...rkxmen40017.jpg
    B1 - http://img193.imageshack.us/img193/3635/cable03106.jpg
    B2 - http://img205.imageshack.us/img205/2321/cable03107.jpg

quote:
and i'm curious--what magneto feats did he SHOW? and while you're at it, show me mags literally PULLING the hammer out of thor's hand, as opposed to sending it away after he threw it. and while you're at it, how bout proving you can mount ANY attack from behind that 'cloak'. now, if you CAN, prove you can use the magnetic power from behind your tk shield. and then . . . just when DO you try this?? is this before or after the shunt and EMP? and you can do it WHILE shielding the others with tk, shielding them FROM nate's tp and from behind the cloak?? and do you pull BOTH hammers from us, despite our amped strength, at the same time right THROUGH OUR SHIELDS??

This has to be the dumbest line of logic in the entire debate. How do you intend to make a point, when you are attempting to do the same, and reference it in your vary own refute!?!!?

When has Nate every mounted an attack from a cloaked state? How does Bill & Ted intend to Drain energy, and attack from behind your own TK shields? Vary hypocritical, vary contradicting, and vary much Leo Logic. Its not like you have never seen, characters attack from behind their Shields (Onslughts EMP). And its out line to think, we have intrinsic control over our powers?.

This does not take away the fact that the mallets are not immune to EM. Nor the fact that anyone one in our team can snatch those mallets.

quote:

How are our guys easy targets, when your preoccupied with Drain, Drain, Drain? How are our guys easy targets, when Onslaught by himself can block such attempt with a hand gesture?

quote:
Onslaught has been harmed by far lesser forces than those of our team:

It has been pointed to you that Onslaught was not even focused in that fight, given that he spent most of his time pursuing Young Franklin. And incompletely ignores that Xavier was always restraining Onslaught, up until he was relinquished. Which is why Onslaught holds a far better durability feat, then what you offer.

quote:
Seriously though, what aren’t you guys getting? Those scans were simply meant to show the level of power the GB is capable of – NOT the level of power we would need in order to harm Onslaught. So why in god’s green earth are you clinging so desperately to the notion that the hammer would be melted or broken? Is that all you have to cling to? Hope not.

Once again: Onslaught is not Exitar… a FAR cry from, in fact -- our team (especially with their minds linked with Nate’s) knows this. Our team also knows full well of the limitations of the hammers.

That said, do you honestly believe they would do something in the opening moments of the match that would jeopardize the integrity of the hammers? C’mon what isn’t computing here?

Feel free to recant your prep. It does not take away the fact that your team, intended to use the Exitar feat, to show off what it could do, yet hopelessly blundered away the notion that it a self defeating act. It does not matter what your intentions are, we pointed out a flaw in your prep, and explain why its flaw.

And guess what? We don’t fear the God Blast, hence the reason why we kept the topic moving with or with out Exaitar feat. .

I do admit, I enjoyed smothering your blunder.

quote:
Regardless, some context pertaining to why the version of Onslaught in those scans looked so different from the original would be helpful to us all (not that it really matters at this point anyway.)

Because Doom is attempting to usurp Onslaughts power at his weakest (in his infancy) [1]
1 - http://img695.imageshack.us/img695/6452/9835.jpg

quote:
And I am sure you can prove Juggernaut had his force-field up when Onslaught took the gem from his chest, right?

If the answer is no (which I’m positive it will be) then your ABC logic is quite literally meaningless here.

Right, suddenly this explanation servers to refute for the lack of his force field? Its not like his invulnerability is not directly tie into his force field.

quote:
This does nothing to dispute our point, I’m afraid. As our OP shows, the Thanosi was picking apart a pre-psi-armored Hulk with ease. After Hulk donned the armor he became no less than equal to that same Thanosi.

Hell, the psi-armor also gave Nate himself physical prowess greater than Hulk’s.

Face it, guys – the armor gives us a huge strength and durability boost. Nothing you say can change that fact.

WTF? Nate cheap shots Hulk, and all of a sudden he is labeled with greater strength and durability then the Green Beast.

Then you mount a hype job, on how this Thanosi did a number on Hulk, and Nate. Yet we all know that Thanosi are complete failures, with one beaten down by Ka-Zar. We also know that Holocaust can seemly one shoot the same psi-armors.
quote:
They have displayed no real offense.

Check the OP.

quote:
They have no proof that two of the most powerful absorbing weapons in comics (our hammers) would be unable to absorb their energies, as many other characters have.

Its not like we don’t have proof that an even more powerful energy drainer failed to do so.

quote:
-They think they can just stroll up to us and snatch our hammers away, despite our superior strength, shielding, absorption, reflexes, etc?

That is a false sense of superiority. We have you guys beat in absorption, reaction time, and shielding.

Summary.
- We can snatch those Mallets via TK, EM, or CP
- We can encase those mallets in our force fields (TK, EM, or CP).
- We can encase those mallets in A class Adamantium.
- Redirect the magical shots fired at us.
- Absorb the magical shots fired at us.
- Nate is taken out by astral disturbance, severely hinders their team.
- Our entire crew can mind rape their team.
- Thor prepped a Suicidal Shot.
- They cant see us.
- We can play the drain card as well, and they have not properly contested the fact.
- We can use our Surf Boards as weapons.
- We bring too much fire power to the table, and potentially kill with one hit.

Last edited by "Id" on Feb 26th, 2010 at 09:16 PM

Old Post Feb 26th, 2010 09:10 PM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

quote:

I haven't actually seen IM do it.

http://img442.imageshack.us/img442/7607/drain6.jpg

impromptu battle. Old tech. No prep. AND IM ko’d him after he drained him. Still deny? Probably. Glad we still have rulk, doom and quasar doing the same thing.

You’ve said you release blasts at us. Ss has stated HIMSELF mjolnie>ss. So how do you know ss could AVOID getting drained ala presence and x-ray?
http://s388.photobucket.com/albums/...sorptionAve.jpg

there is NO reason we couldn’t do exactly the same thing, though forcibly draining him either entirely, partially or in such a way as he has to BATTLE the effects are all equally likely and ALL serve us equally well.
quote:

I see no absorption there. Just SS getting knifed. And again, I wonder if that was really the scan you meant to show.

http://img514.imageshack.us/i/81277355.jpg/

quote:

Lesser equipment?

yeah, like classic IM.

Meanwhile, Onslaught alone would be enough to stop your drain... the skin is just the cake frosting.
quote:

Your being remarkably naïve, and ignorant.

says the guys who won’t even ACKNOWLEDGE half-a-dozen scans!
quote:

Onslaught at his infancy, blocks the energy drain with a hand gesture

wonder why he didn’t stop Nathan then? Maybe because he was in an entirely different FORM?? You guys love to show stuff from characters that are entirely different from the ones in the match, eh?

quote:

good lord. Everytime you recite this line of reasoning I ,like our chances more and more.
quote:

It "stopped a skyfather level enchantment"... you mean

that IS the enchantment. He only needed his REGULAR hammer to cancel the forcefield. And yet we also see cyke, bishop, and thor and hulk hurt and damage onslaught. Guess they’re all>> jugg’s too? Unreal.
quote:

so why was he drained making the forcefield?

quote:

never has anyone simply been able to drain SS on the spot without carefully tailor-making means to do so that can work off of his specific defenses and energies.

yeah, except quasar rulk and IM.

quote:

must have missed the part where you gave your forcefield a silver skin too . ..

quote:

brilliant. So you have proof his BASE was the same as it was before his death? Let me answer—NO, YOU DON’T. which is why we cannot use him, nor can you. even amped he may be well below his previous power. YOU. DON’T. KNOW.

Scan dismissed. Show something—for once—relating to OUR CHARACTER.
quote:
Anyway, here you go. Ka-Zar beating up the Thanos

gawd I love this. I’m gonna open a ka-zar v thanosi thread. Another line of reasoning that only INCREASES our chances in this match.
quote:

WRONG!! The armor they used was tweaked and amped by reed and nate to ALLOW them to safeguard against nate and frank’s power. The original design protected against chuck, who is a TP.
quote:

We don't have a good scientific explanation for how Genis turns invisible,

no kidding. So you don’t KNOW if it’s legal! All implications from the scan (and your own partner) say he folded/ warped space/time. ILLEGAL.

They—AGAIN—fail to give ANY OFFENSIVE OPTIONS!! Unbelieveable.

A couple additional things—we can have the hammer follow them and slow them (thor can throw at multiples of lightspeed) should they try and run away—their best option:

http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/...danceJIM097.jpg

then slow them with winds like this:

http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/...Guidance193.jpg

or this that hurt SURTUR!

http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/...hirlwind177.jpg

we’ve seen lightning’s impact on ss. We could do this:

http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/...ghtningv244.jpg

or go for the more exotic, like this:

http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/...ionAvengers.jpg

they can’t run. They can’t hurt us at all as shown by their “offense”. We win this rather handily..

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Final Summary

Our strategy/tactics:

-The one thing I ask of all the judges is that they thoroughly read through our OP. Upon so doing they will find that we had already planned for, and countered, almost all of the opposing team’s offensive/defensive tactics before they’d even posted them.

-We showed (with panel proof) why and how we would be able to absorb any attack(s) they can dish out, along with why and how we would absorb their internal energies. It essentially comes down to this:

Our hammers can forcibly drain the energy of an opponent -- our hammers can absorb energy -- Surfer has been drained of energy -- Thor has absorbed the PC. (all of which has been shown now several times.) Nothing can hide those facts.

-We showed (with panel proof) that our blasting capabilities coupled with the aforementioned absorbing prowess would be more than sufficient to down their entire team in rapid succession.

-We showed (with panel proof) defensive capabilities (ie. shielding) of our own – the likes of which the other team has no way of getting around.

-We showed (with panel proof) that any kind of ‘speed edge’ our opposition thinks they may have can easily be countered by the members of our team.

-Furthermore, no single member of our team was stretched too thin. Each one of them preformed tasks that were easily within their respective powersets.

-I would also like to mention that throughout this entire match we never even felt the need to play our trump card and send Thor into his B&T mindset. We could have done so at any time, but quite frankly, their entire strategy was easily debunked with our ‘standard’ team.

---

Theirs:

The other team seemed to rely almost exclusively on the silver skin protecting them against energy absorption – despite the fact that Surfer has been forcibly drained numerous times in the past, and that we wield the most potent absorbing weapons in comics.

They relied on our hammer breaking after we destroyed Onslaught with a GB. I guess Thor doesn’t know his hammer’s limitations? I guess he doesn’t know (especially with his mind linked with Nate’s) that Onslaught is inferior to Exitar and that there would be no reason to use that level of attack here? I guess Thor would willingly destroy his hammer in the opening moments of the battle when he didn’t have to? Makes perfect sense, huh?

They also tried saying that they could somehow get around our absorption abilities, get around our uber TP, breach our magical shielding, overcome our superior strength, and then steal our hammers. I don’t think such a wild boast even deserves additional commentary.

And lastly, they tried using current Nate’s showings against us – even though batdude had already ruled said showings illegal for US to use against them in the tourney (a very shoddy last ditch effort on their part, I guess.)

Once you lift the veil of their constant misdirection, that is basically the ‘meat and potatoes’ of their strategy – meat and potatoes that we ate and shat out before the match really even started (referring to our OP stick out tongue)

But above all else, at no point have they presented much of an offensive strategy, or even a very good defensive strategy. That much becomes blatantly apparent to anyone who has read through this match. Like I said before: making unsupported claims that our hammer will break, that you will steal our hammers, and that we can’t absorb your energies, simply does not suffice as a match-winning game plan imo.

---

In a nutshell:

Onslaught is down in the opening moments of the battle via GB (lesser forces have severely harmed him before)... Surfer and Photon then become exceedingly vulnerable to telepathic assaults from Nate… Bill and Thor also have the option of unleashing dual omni-directional blasts (of which have downed Surfer in the past [posted earlier]) in conjunction with the mind rape. Then they could simply absorb S&P’s energy at their leisure.

Let’s face it, our solid offense and defense trumps their non-existent offense and mediocre defense any day of the week.

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Last edited by Galan007 on Feb 26th, 2010 at 09:56 PM

Old Post Feb 26th, 2010 09:51 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
"Id"
The Man of Tomorrow

10/10 Summery

1. All in all, team Leo/Galan chances of beating our team narrows down if they can pull off a Drain, Drain, and Drain. If our team does absolutely nothing.

However there exists TWO major factors, that keeps them from realizing such disposition.

1) First is the fact that Onslaught can seemly block, such attempts [1]. And that’s using a feat from Onslaught at his ABSOLUTE weakest, as in an embryonic state against Doom own tech. You know the same character that loves, to snatch abilities form Galactus, Byonder, The Watches etc.. How can their team conceive such plans, when Onslaught can neutralize them with a hand gesture?

1 - http://img94.imageshack.us/img94/4620/9836.jpg

2) Secondly their chances of draining our characters themselves, are out of the question. Mu who is a superior character, had already succeeded in capturing, and draining all of Earths heroes including Thor… Failed against Silver Surfer. Why? Because the cosmic glaze naturally protects us from such schemes [2].

1 - http://img682.imageshack.us/img682/...enslavers64.jpg

They falsely believe they hold an advantage, if it becomes energy draining/blocking war. They think, it leaves our team exposed for a counter attack. Yet it takes two to dance, and they are vary much in the ordeal as the person blocking. I don’t know if you have been following the match or not. But they are placing a two man effort, against our 3 Man crew. If Onslaught is the one blocking their drain, that exposes an opening for the Silver Photons to take the cheap shots.

2. I find it extremely humorous, that we actually have scans that prove we can deal with energy drain. Yet when I toss the same bone at them, zip-nothing-nada BUT “Strawman” replies. Apparently they forgotten that we can drain any kind energy [1], from just about any given source [2], Thor/Bills godly energy are no exceptions [3]. We can manipulate that too.

1 - http://i436.photobucket.com/albums/...sh/Upgrade3.jpg
    2 - http://img692.imageshack.us/img692/5955/v4cm200021.jpg
    3 - http://i436.photobucket.com/albums/...imited05-10.jpg

3. The situation becomes critical, because we can exploit the fact that we can cloak our presence, and energy signature [1]. That means we can pick our shoots, and Team Galanidas will never land a hit since they can not perceive invisible characters [2]. It does not help that Leo can’t make up his mind, in dealing with psi-hurricane, or ignoring it [3]. The Psi-Hurricane served its purpose to avert his attention. He deals with it, he exposes an opening for us to attack. He leaves it alone, it continues to blind his vision. For us it’s a win, win situation.

1 - http://img411.imageshack.us/img411/9101/cloakr.jpg
    2 - http://img62.imageshack.us/img62/84...gersv140212.jpg
    3 - http://img685.imageshack.us/img685/7286/cable03502.jpg

Nate Grey suddenly finds himself in a world of trouble. At the start of the match, he is instantly hindered, if not taken out. Team Galanidas decided to enter the battlefield with an active psi-link, while Team King-Id tosses major astral disturbance, that previously K.O.ed Nate Grey [1]. I have proved that if you are maintaining a psi-link, to enter someone’s mind, then you are effectively in Mind Scape of Thor & Bill which is part of the astral plane [a1-3]. No amount of power, or skill can protect Nate from the turbulence headed his way. Its an inherited weakness to be in the astral plane, and be caught in the path of the astral disturbance.

1 - http://img651.imageshack.us/img651/8889/xman04121.jpg
    A1 - http://img64.imageshack.us/img64/6801/darkxmen40014.jpg
    A2 - http://img192.imageshack.us/img192/...rkxmen40015.jpg
    A3 - http://img188.imageshack.us/img188/...rkxmen40017.jpg

4. If Nate Happens to recover, he needs to pull much of his own power just to breach the psionic disturbance, to the point of nose bleed (weakening) [1]. And that’s about all we ever needed, for Nate Grey to lose his focus. The moment his concentration is broken, he exposes huge, and vary human vulnerabilities [2]. That has always been a big flaw with conventional psi characters. Always, Nate is no exception. And yet we where always prepared for Nate, its why our crew are equipped with Anti-Psi armors [3], and we cant forget that we can break down constructs or Shields [4]. Lets not forget that the psi armors are being grossly over hyped, Thanosi=/=Thanos, and Holocaust can one shoot them [5].

1 - http://img694.imageshack.us/img694/...nyxmen33515.jpg
    2 - http://img220.imageshack.us/img220/...kxmen003013.jpg
    3 - http://img186.imageshack.us/img186/...alibur10016.jpg
    4 - http://img130.imageshack.us/img130/...lts016page1.jpg
    5 - http://img59.imageshack.us/img59/6129/psiarmor.jpg

I thoroughly enjoy Leo’s resistance of how anti-psi equipment would not work on Nate for “this, and that“. I can think of 5 different encounters, where lesser equipment effectively blocked his abilities. 2 of those 5 encounters where effectively Shaman X-Man.

1 - http://img38.imageshack.us/img38/7016/xman03802.jpg
    2 - http://img708.imageshack.us/img708/3426/xman51p10.jpg
    3 - http://img13.imageshack.us/img13/1003/5902gr.jpg
    4 - http://img638.imageshack.us/img638/...kxmen002003.jpg
    5 - http://img43.imageshack.us/img43/35...kxmen003022.jpg

5. Cant forget about the God Blast! During prep, they decided to prep the God Blast referencing Thor’s encounter with Exitar [1], they go as far as to reinforce the same claim during the match. Picking such high feats comes with a high price, using their own scan from their own point of reference; we pointed out how it becomes a suicide attack [2]. With such actions, not only does Thor pay the high price with his mallet, but his life as well [3].

The moment we called them on their own blunder, they attempted to block the sun with their finger using the belt of strength as the excuse for the Mallet shattering. Folks the “Belt of Strength” was meant to help keep Mjolnir from shattering [4]. erm

1 - http://img35.imageshack.us/img35/9729/thorgb2.jpg
    2 - http://img205.imageshack.us/img205/...rokenmallet.jpg
    3 - http://img10.imageshack.us/img10/9397/thor602009.jpg
    4 - http://img695.imageshack.us/img695/7074/mallet.jpg

6. Now they look to recant their claim, and point out it’s a God Blast. Nothing like the one seen, in the Exiatar scenario. Mkay two problems.

First is the fact that Onslaught can tank, and survive the shot. He can fight with a whole blown through his chest, and seemingly reform from it thanks to his Herald Power set. This comes from the fact that he is living Psionic. It’s going to take something else then just physical force to bring down Charlie. Their best bet would be a healthy X-Man, but Cosmic Charlie outclasses him. That slim chance is long gone, with Nate being Dead, or KO’ed, or Crippled (mind blind).

Secondly Silver Photon could just as well absorb his shot. The Nega Bands can absorb 5 Solar Systems to a Galaxy worth of energy [1]. Magic is no an exception, since we can control any type of energy. For Genis Magic is nothing more then a different form of energy [2].

1 - http://img46.imageshack.us/img46/99...rvelv302114.jpg
    2 - http://img8.imageshack.us/img8/4011/cmarvel2315.jpg

7. The Hammer Bros are outclassed, in just about every category. Even in weakness exploitation. We pointed out that anyone one of our team, can snatch their mallets. Their reply was an Loki amped Surfer did so. Ok….somehow team Leo/Galan missed the memo, and forgot that these are Silver Photons. As in the meshing of Silver Surfer, and Photon. A much better amp then just Loki. Then you have the Mallets inherited weakness to Onslaughts EM.

The point I am making is, The Hammer Bros relay too much on those Hammers. The moment we neutralize those hammers, we’ve effectively defanged the beast. And boy do we have options.

- TK snatch those mallets.
    - EM snatch those mallets.
    - Cosmic Powers can snatch those mallets
    - Encase them in force fields.
    - Encase them in Class A Adamantium

8. Our team are dangerous, Surfer already traded shots with Bill, and won [1]. Onslaught train wrecked Juggernaut [2]. And Photon made a physical mockery of an Amped Storm Giant, plus a dozen Asgardians [3&4].

1 - http://img175.imageshack.us/img175/1252/brbgh02009.jpg
    2 - http://img15.imageshack.us/img15/9268/xmul1204.jpg
    3 - http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/...Asgardians2.jpg
    4 - http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/...anttoSpace2.jpg

It does not help that we can easily shoot Asgardian/Storm Giant killing - Planet Wrecking - Black Hole creating blasts. Our energy reserves, and power output is much higher then Thor or Bill.

http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/...8-OwnsDrang.jpg
    http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/...nsHeimdall2.jpg
    http://img183.imageshack.us/img183/...versurfegj7.jpg
    http://img517.imageshack.us/img517/...ual07303ff4.jpg

Overall our message is we Outmaneuver, Outclass, and Overpower their Team. Team Leo/Galan can deny it as much as they want, but our team has more options, on top of a counters for anything they can come up with. Every claim was backed with reason, logic, and proof.

Last edited by "Id" on Feb 26th, 2010 at 09:59 PM

Old Post Feb 26th, 2010 09:53 PM
batdude123
Life Has No Meaning

Battle is over.

Congratulations to both on a hard fought match.

Old Post Feb 26th, 2010 09:54 PM
batdude123 is currently offline Click here to Send batdude123 a Private Message Find more posts by batdude123 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
"Id"
The Man of Tomorrow

Hahah.. Don’t use scans against us, that we cant use.

Anyway I would like to thank the Hosts, and Competitors for taking part of the tournament. I had a lot of fun. This would be third time entering, for Kandy its like the bajillion time. We are quite happy to make it to the finals. Personally I am even happier that no dramatic rule outs where enforced against us.

With that said, I dedicate this match to my good friend Starlock. I was a big of a fan of his sigs, as he was of my debating.

- Id

Old Post Feb 26th, 2010 10:26 PM
batdude123
Life Has No Meaning

Just to bring this to all the judges' attention:

All the feats for Nate in Dark X-Men have been deemed illegal/inadmissible for this match.

Any scans from Dark X-Men should be disregarded.

Thanks.

Old Post Feb 26th, 2010 11:28 PM
batdude123 is currently offline Click here to Send batdude123 a Private Message Find more posts by batdude123 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

Originally posted by "Id"
Hahah.. Don’t use scans against us, that we cant use.

Originally posted by batdude123

All the feats for Nate in Dark X-Men have been deemed illegal/inadmissible for this match.

Thanks.

laughing out loud

maybe if we had a few more days you'd have gotten SOMETHING right! heheh

anyway, seriously, thanks to id and kk for being good sports and for making this a fun match. and of course well done to bats who ended up doing this mostly solo and it ran as smoothly as any tourney i've been in.

and of course thanks to my partner who carried me through this whole thing.

Old Post Feb 27th, 2010 12:19 AM
King Kandy

You know, a decision was posted and that was that. You really didn't need to take the opportunity for another sarcastic one-liner.

Old Post Feb 27th, 2010 01:36 AM
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

You know, a decision was posted and that was that. You really didn't need to take the opportunity for another sarcastic one-liner.

aww. sad

perhaps had he left well enough alone after the match was done i wouldn't have. smile

and i somehow i think id at least knows i was clowning.

Old Post Feb 27th, 2010 01:55 AM
Bentley
Seitei

Ok, I'll be brief this time since I rest assured other judges are there to give a deep and significant evaluation. Me, I'll just go ahead and throw my impressions left and right.

The mallet shatters. "you're no Exitar" is an affirmation in my (very personal and punctual) book. Thor thus, dies.

I rule the interference on the psychic plane as illegal by this rule:

- Matter Manipulation: Banned on opponents and environment-large scale (ie no turning the entire planet into swiss cheese) otherwise allowed.

Disrupting the phychic plane is an environment-large manipulation in every way that matters (I follow the spirit of the rule, not its letter). As such, Onslaught comes into the battle with no particular plan.

... And then he gets killed by a godblast. The rest of the battle really goes like its proposed: BRB is trying to keep his hammer while Nate mind nukes the opposition. The armors are Kaazar-level, not that it matters and of course Surfer can be drained.

But I think that for the first time EVER the meshings actually come into play, Photon has been drained to no effect and this version has the virtue of being stable (not in past nor future). For me, this shifts the balance.

Despite the bad matchup they got themselves into I give this to team ID and KK. Congratulations.

Well played guys, well played.

My respect threads:Kang the Conqueror, Ultron, Devil Dinosaur, Michael Korvac
Captain America for High Street

Old Post Feb 27th, 2010 02:52 AM
Bentley is currently offline Click here to Send Bentley a Private Message Find more posts by Bentley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
"Id"
The Man of Tomorrow

Originally posted by batdude123

Thanks.

aww. sad

perhaps had he left well enough alone after the match was done i wouldn't have. smile

and i somehow i think id at least knows i was clowning.

That just about sums up my reaction.

Old Post Feb 27th, 2010 06:56 AM
King Kandy

What's over is done. Just get over it.

Meanwhile, thanks Bentley!

Old Post Feb 27th, 2010 07:12 AM